[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Hey guys. Let's make it so that arguably the hardest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

File: warriorsofchaos.jpg (195KB, 1280x744px) Image search: [Google]
warriorsofchaos.jpg
195KB, 1280x744px
>Hey guys. Let's make it so that arguably the hardest faction of the game can't stand two armies close enough to reinforce each other without suffering attrition! LMAO!
>>
File: 1197381077344.jpg (17KB, 470x336px) Image search: [Google]
1197381077344.jpg
17KB, 470x336px
Chaos are entirely half-assed in their implementation. It is appalling that CA decided to charge additional money for them and now because of that, they won't be fixed until the third game is out and you have paid a further $60.
>>
>>385208172

Luckily mods exist I guess.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=894230944

When playing Chaos I recommend a mod to get rid of the attrition. Attrition for most factions is implemented pretty well - it works with Orks and adds a new layer of fun, but not frustrating or unfair mechanics to their campaign style.

With Chaos, it's just a really lazy, poorly implemented system where you can't stand two or more armies close enough together to reinforce without causing damage to your troops. The Chaos campaign is already difficult enough as it is - other than Norscan tribes and Vampire Counts the diplomacy is non existent and you're constantly surrounded by enemies who will send multiple stacks against you because they've got nothing better to do. As a result, you will fail and a lot - it was like my 5th try as Chaos before I could finally beat the game and even that was frustrating as fuck at times.

It also makes no in-lore sense. Archeon is the champion of CHAOS UNDIVIDED - why the fuck are they fighting each other if they serve him?

Still, if the Chaos Warriors are AI they are immune to the attrition so it's only fair if the player is as well. Do yourself a favour and get a mod to get rid of it.
>>
>>385209481
>Archeon is the champion of CHAOS UNDIVIDED - why the fuck are they fighting each other if they serve him?
Because Chaos are a bunch of infighting retards who are never truly united and always pull themselves apart from within because "lol, that's just chaotic."
>>
>>385207339
wait. is Valkia in the game? i only remember Archaon, Sigvald and that shaggoth guy
>>
>>385208172
It's half assed because CA planned TW:W in three steps.
1 = old world
2 = new world, hopefully also KANGZ
3 = Chaos
They initially planned to release TW:W without playable Chaos, but the fains cried so much that they got a half assed version of it at release. Chaos will get a huge amount of content in the third game.
>>
File: 1482073175073.jpg (69KB, 469x510px) Image search: [Google]
1482073175073.jpg
69KB, 469x510px
Skarsnik chasing fay enchantress.
>>
File: 20170724232153_1.jpg (631KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170724232153_1.jpg
631KB, 1920x1080px
>>385207339
Huh? Armies led by legendary lords don't suffer attrition and you absolutely DON'T need more than 2 armies as Chaos. 3 armies led by Kholek, Sigvald and Archaon is a complete overkill for the campaign on any difficulty.

Personally, I just use Sigvald and Kholek, I've already won the campaign on very hard and are just burning down every settlement I can find for the 100 burnt settlements cheevo and I STILL have no problems stemming from having only 2 armies.
>>
>>385210469
What's the backstory on prince faggot?
>>
>>385210668
http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Sigvald_the_Magnificent#History
>>
>>385209901
no, she isn't
>>
>>385209481
>why the fuck are they fighting each other if they serve him
They don't serve him, they serve the Chaos gods and everyone is constantly vying for their favor. Ultra hardcore competition is at the very heart of Chaos doctrine and way of life, duels to the death simply for the purpose of training or advancing in ranks are completely normal in their community. If anything, it would make absolutely zero sense not to have some sort of infighting mechanic for the Chaos faction.
>>
Chaos dwarves when?
>>
>>385210668
Like most notable characters in the warhammer universe, he was a little bitch and whined to the gods about how his is so hard. After whining on and on Slaanesh finally gave him some power to shut up him up. So he's pretty much Slaaneshs little bitch now.
>>
>>385211142
What a load of crap. Sigvald was given his power because he was literally the most narcissistic, self-absorbed, pompous and spoiled human being in the setting, which appeals to and greatly amuses Slaanesh.
>>
>>385209481
Chaos undivided ins't chaos working together 100% Chaos undivided is we agree to focus on the enemy more then kill each other.
>>
Chaos campaign is pretty easy if you sack first and then raze on the second turn. This allows you get ridiculous amounts of experience early on. You'll be having a 30 level lord in no time.
Also trying to subjugate Norsca is big waste of time. The only way you can actually keep them under in Legendary is that you first scout every faction in the game, declare war with them and then subjugate. If any faction declares war on you while you have a subjugated norsca tribe, they will always break it. Even if it's just a one small province dwarf faction on the other side of the map.

And don't get me even started on how bad the Empire AI is right now. Just by setting foot on their region ensures that VCs will conquer all the human provinces. Your only real adversaries are the Bretons and Dwarves, but from my experience the Orks will kill Dwarves anyway at some point with their ridiculous confederation deals.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.