[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>high mobility >high damage >high hp >no counter

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 188
Thread images: 29

File: class_soldierred.png (43KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
class_soldierred.png
43KB, 256x256px
>high mobility
>high damage
>high hp
>no counter
Soldier sure is balanced
>>
I have done nothing but teleport bread for the past 3 days
>>
I wish his playstyle would be in every fps
>>
any competent scout can delete a soldier
>>
>>385206050
It's 50/50 if the soldier has the shotgun
And the atomizer is getting nerfed
>>
File: czzAf86S1D-6[1].png (40KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
czzAf86S1D-6[1].png
40KB, 300x250px
>bad players keep blaming me for their mistakes
>keep healing them when i can because we're teammates
>>
>>385205870
*beep*
This machine makes sollys ragequit
>>
>>385206290
>shoots 2 rockets at it
psssh nothing personnel kid...
>>
>>385206185
>It's 50/50 if the soldier has the shotgun
Good thing none of them do.
>>
>>385206245
>stop healing me medic. OMFG
>>
>>385206598
Pocket soldiers do
>>
>>385206887
Not really, most use gunboats nowadays because scouts a better pocket.
>>
>>385206946
>I don't know what I'm talking about
It's preference really, and it also depends on the map. Scout is definitely not a better pocket.
>>
>>385205870
Pyro should be Soldier's counter but clearly he's not strong enough to be one.
So yeah, Tf2 is unblanaced as fuck.
>>
>puts on max hat
>puts on earbuds and accessories
>joins trading server to acquire more hats
nothin personnel
>>
>>385206716
>mfw
>>
>>385205870
Soldier is balanced because everyone plays him.

Or at least somebody else on your team does.
>>
>>385207197
>Scout is definitely not a better pocket.
Scout is the strongest sixes class right now
Scout can deny bombers better
Scout can get the medic out faster
Scout can clear stickies

There's really not much reason for the soldier to stick around the medic.
You can still use shotgun it's not a bad choice but for the most part gunboats pocket is the meta.
>>
>>385207313
>trade server

Everyone uses instant trade websites now grandpa.
>>
>>385205870
>mobility at the cost of health and dps
>pyro can bounce rockets back
what?
>>
>>385207470
Soldier can clear stickies with the shotgun
Soldier can get the medic out even faster if he has the quick fix
>>
>>385206547
Who cares ? I can rebuild it in a giffy while one-shooting imprudent scouts and even solly with my sweet Frontier Justice crit.
>>
>>385207695
Meant for
>>385207396
>>
>>385205870
>no counter
>when the scout exists
Ya sure thing retard.
>>
>>385206245
Bots make better team mates anon, always thankful, always in danger.
>>
File: is this nigger serious.jpg (17KB, 268x265px) Image search: [Google]
is this nigger serious.jpg
17KB, 268x265px
>>385207695
>quickfix
>>
>>385207470
>>385207723
>>385207815
Oh sweet summer children
>>
>>385207815
It takes two rockets or one rocket one shotgun to kill a scout.
And no matter how much they jump around like tards, you'll hit them twice easily before they can kill you.
>>
File: 1501045039309.png (249KB, 248x459px) Image search: [Google]
1501045039309.png
249KB, 248x459px
>>385207723
>shoots 2 more rockets
>or just one at close range while it's building
So this is the power of the gunslinger....
>>
>>385207963
What's the problem? The quick-fix is pretty good, it's even banned in some competitive formats IIRC
>>
>>385208140
Doesn't matter, the role of a combat engineer is simply to annoy people while my team hopefully push towards the objective. And most of the time, the soldiers get denied in the middle of a rocket jump rather than shooting my turret.
>>
>>385208279
>What's the problem?
>it's even banned in some competitive formats
hmmmm
>>
>>385206598
I do.
>>
>>385208379
No one cares about competitiva TF2
>>
>>385205870
>no counter
heavy
pyro
sniper

>b-but in these unrealistic situations in which a vastly overskilled solly player with full team support faces a solo and out of position amateur opponent, he beats these classes
not what countering is
>>
>>385208052
>I only play against terrible scouts
huh really made me think
>>
>All these TF2 threads lately
>>
>>385208830
Lmao if you seriousky think heavy and pyro counter soldier in any way you're honestly fucking retarded
>>
>>385208140
Bugs.. Take it easy on the carrots
>>
>>385209051
>I don't know what I'm talking about: the post
Heavy is the best anti-air in the game. He shuts down bombing soldiers like no other class in the game, which instantly makes him the go-to "fuck off roamer" pick in any situation in which heavy unlocks aren't banned. Furthermore, unless the solly is critboosted or the heavy does something terribly wrong (like being caught out solo) the soldier will be incapable of dealing enough DPS to kill the Heavy. Heavy can chip damage him and deny him his jumps to his hearts content. Which is a hard counter to the big reason why anyone on an organized team ever plays Soldier: the jumping.

Pyro reflects back Soldier's rockets. Invalidating his damage output is obviously a counter. >But muh shotgun, you cry, ignorant as you are of how TF2 is optimally played. Good soldiers run Gunboats basically 24/7, because Solly's true power is in his jumping and bombing ability. Pyro shuts this down, which denies Soldier his job in any match with real organization.
>b-but that's not how it goes in muh ctf_2fort 24/7 furry trade servers
Strange things happen when everyone involved is too stupid or underaged to do things like basic team comp. Its not something to be proud of, nor a basis for deciding game balance. It's just retards retarding.
>>
>>385205870
>no counter
I love this meme.
>>
>>385208052
Thanks for telling us that you only play against shitters, anon.
>>
>>385205870
Heavy is really good vs him as long as heavy is being supported and doesnt actually suck at aiming the bloody minigun.
But heavy sucks on 6v6, and on attack in general.
>>
>>385209389
The pyro thing isn't really true because even without shotgun soldier has quite a few options. He can walk at him and bait out the airblast, he can hit pyro with splash damage, he can spam rockets around cover or from above, or bomb into him and wait for the airblast. There's a reason pyro is considered the worst class in the game, pyro can only reflect consistently at medium range. At close range you have to guess when he's going to shoot and if you miss you're screwed.
>>
>>385209652
>But heavy sucks on 6v6
Only because his unlocks are banned.
>>
>>385209389
>Heavy is the best anti-air in the game. He shuts down bombing soldiers like no other class in the game, which instantly makes him the go-to "fuck off roamer" pick in any situation in which heavy unlocks aren't banned.
What the fuck am I reading? Damage falloff is a thing and Heavy is the easiest class to flank. Specially as a soldier.
>Furthermore, unless the solly is critboosted or the heavy does something terribly wrong (like being caught out solo) the soldier will be incapable of dealing enough DPS to kill the Heavy.
Three rockets are all it takes.
>Heavy can chip damage him and deny him his jumps to his hearts content.
Again damage, fallloff
>Pyro reflects back Soldier's rockets.
>Invalidating his damage output is obviously a counter.
First off, there's mutliple ways to bait the airblast, second you shouldn't even be shooting rockets directly at a pyro but make use of splash damage. Third, soldier almost always has a position advantage.

You're honestly fucking stupid
>>
>>385209727
I personally think he sucks because he is to slow wich is a horrible trait to have on a 3cp or 5cp map
His unlocks fix this a little bit but not enough for him to be picked over demo or scout
>>
>>385209898
>His unlocks fix this a little bit but not enough for him to be picked over demo or scout
Lolno if GRU was allowed he would be run to mid every time, that's why it's banned.
He is the best med pocket in the game, can tank a ton of damage, and easily shuts down aggression.
>>
>>385205870
Soldier has a high skillcap because of rocket projectiles instead of hitscan. Also this game is rooted in Quake so of course the rocket class has to be higher tier
>>
>>385209843
I'm not even the guy you where arguing with but damn your stupid, unless soldier gets to deal damage to heavy first there is no way a non overhealed soldier can kill a heavy. Heavy deals so much damage that as long as he gets to shoot first he win. You scream falloff as if soldiers attack from max range wich they generally dont do because rockets can get dodged from that range.
Three perfectly aimed rockets kill a heavy but a heavy just has to aim in the general direction of soldier to deal well over de 100 damage per second.
>>
>>385210058
You are probably correct but I still think this game would be better as 12v12 or at least 9v9 competitieve, it would also make classes like spy engie and pyro better
>>
>>385209843
Damage falloff isn't what stops the Soldier's momentum in the air you absolute fucking retard. If you actually knew how to aim as Heavy and tried stopping bombing soldiers in their tracks you would know this. You are stopping his forward momentum so that he cannot complete his jump. Minis also do this, which is why solly mains REEE so hard at them. It's not because the mini takes them from 180 to 0 HP before they can hit the ground. It's because the damn thing sets their forward velocity to 0 like they just got hit with the Natascha. Heavy's minigun does the same thing, stupid.
>Three rockets on an un-overhealed Heavy without his medic
Yes, in the situation in which Heavy doesn't know how to play the game, Soldier wins. What are you trying to prove? That you can abuse f2p's stupidity to get kills that you shouldn't? Try playing against people who actually know what they're doing.

When a Pyro goes up to reflect rockets away from a bombing soldier 99% of the time the Soldier isn't trying to kill Pyro, he's trying to kill the Medic or sentry that Pyro is guarding. So fuck off with your "muh splash damage" meem, because its Pyro's job to make sure that the direct rocket hits on Medic don't land. That neuters Soldier's effectiveness. If you're trying to kill a Medic with splash damage as you're bombing in as Soldier you are not doing it right. Stop thinking in terms of your L33T 1v1 matches. TF2 isn't a DM-fest, you should not be measuring who is and is not OP by whether they can make a sicc frag video against a given class. Its about who can most easily stop who from doing their job.
>>
>>385209561
>>385208930
Yeah, look at them "pro" scouts in denial. Your class is shit. Deal with it.
>>
>>385210591
>hurr durr 2vs1 beats soldier
No fucking shit you absolute moron, so does it beat every class
In no situation a pyro or heavy is going to beat a soldier 1vs1 assuming equal skill, that's the whole point
>>
>>385210556
9v9 is stalematey as fuck. The overwhelming majority of your time spent in a Highlander match is standing around doing nothing much in particular as you wait for a pick on the enemy sniper or medic. Then you go in, but its more stalemates because perma-engineer, perma-heavy, and perma-pyro are too good at shutting down pushes, almost everything ends in a reset back to the status quo. You need a perfect storm of getting picks on over half of the classes in the game simultaneously to do anything. It happens, but rarely so long as your opponents are idiots. Its boring to play, its boring to watch. One of the reasons 6v6 was invented in the first place was to help speed the game and reduce the tendency to stalemate and be boring.
>>
Demoman is better in almost everyway. They literally have to limit the demo to one per team in comp.
>>
>>385210556
9v9 competitive is never going to be taken seriously because of logistics.
12v12 is an unbalanced mess where spam is king. The only reason spy does well is because of the chaos and lack of communication. Pyro does well because his skill floor is incredibly low, you can't miss with the flamethrower. This gives him an advantage in a server filled with unskilled players who have poor movement and aim.
>>
>>385210816
In no situation will a pyro or heavy face a soldier 1v1. That isn't how the game works. Soldier's job is to bomb into a distracted heavy/pyro+medic/demo combo and assassinate the VIP before they know what's going on. His role, his strength as a class, is his ability to get in solo vs a crowd of unaware guys and blow their leader to pieces. Heavy and Pyro's roles, as a class, excel in utilizing their team support to deny that from happening. Soldier is a lone wolf. You cannot bring a medic with you when you jump into the enemy backline, nor can Scouts come with you unless they can to get ripped to pieces by the enemy defensive front. He's an offensive class. Pyro and Heavy are defensive classes. Their job is to stick with their friends and prevent Soldier from doing his job. They are very good at this. That is why they neuter Soldier. Thinking about TF2 balance solely within the context of "BUT WHO WINS IN A 1V1 FIGHT" is completely retarded, and shows how bad you are at the game. 1v1 fights on Final Destination are not how TF2 is played.
>>
>takes a year to reload
>has to hurt himself to move faster than pootis and take a whole slot to not hurt himself a LOT while moving

still, you're right. soldier is a very consistent class that's good in every scenario.
>>
>>385211049
Sure, in your magic land where pyros can airblast every rocket and heavies have zero spin up time and wallhacks they can always stop a soldier from killing a medic with two rockets while jumping across the map.
You're seriously have no idea what you're on about.
>>
>>385205870
>little damage ramp-up with notable fall-off
>pretty slow firing speed
>slow reload
>good damage and slow attack speed combine to make a relatively low dps (Rocket Launcher has max DPS of 140, in comparison to the Scattergun's 168, the Grenade Launcher's 166.6... and the Stickybomb Launcher's 240)
>slow outside of rocket jumping, which costs health and a shot in your clip, leading to more reload time
>>
>>385211254
>Heavy not near-constantly revving to keep doctor alive
>Pyro being bad at his job
Yes, when Heavy and Pyro can't play they don't succeed at fulfilling their intended roles. Any other blindingly obvious statements you want to pretend prove anything important?
>>
>>385211391
>Heavy not near-constantly revving to keep doctor alive
No heavy is going to be constantly revving in every situation to be an easy prey for snipers and demos.
>Pyro being bad at his job
It's impossible for a pyro to reflect every rocket, specially when they're not even aimed at them.
Your knowledge of the game basically extends to the shitters you play against.
>>
>>385210958
Demo can't pursue retreating or distracted enemies as well as Soldier can, and he's also not as good at finishing wounded players off. Demo is the best wall of advancing DPS in the game (he basically does every job Heavy does -- except deny bombers -- better than Heavy) but he needs help in turning huge DPS into frags. Soldiers fulfill their job by distracting enemies so that they don't adequately focus down the Demo as he pours damage into them, and working with the Scouts to finish the softened-up players after Demo forces them to cede territory.
>>
>>385205870
>this argument again
stop looking at what the soldier can do and look at what it can't do instead

it can't do area denial anywhere as well as heavy, demo and engie
it can't heal as well as medics (duh)
it can't destroy sentry nests as well as demos
it doesn't make as good use of uber as demos and heavies
it's not that great at pocketing
it can't safely pick people off like snipers
it sucks in open spaces

he only really excels at 1v1 in enclosed areas and suicide bombing medics, he's a true jack of all trades
>>
>>385211701
>Heavy/Medic combo walking into sniper sightlines like a pack of idiots
>Implying that Soldiers needing to fire off at least 3 rockets before their jump ends doesn't make the rocket timing much more predictable
>implying that Pyro can't do something as press WASD until he's in between the Soldier and Medic
>implying that Pyro even needs to have 100% reflect rate so long as he gets enough of them to keep Medic alive
Damn son and you call other players bad. I see you get the totality of your game knowledge from cp_orange_allcrits. Tell the underaged Russians I said hi.
>>
>>385210816
>In no situation a pyro or heavy is going to beat a soldier 1vs1 assuming equal skill, that's the whole point
But heavy does as long as he is not caught offguard. No class comes even close to rivaling heavy's DPS and he has 100 more HP the soldier. In order to kill heavy you must suprise him, his simple mechanics make it so as long as heavy can spin up before he takes 100 damage he will win the fight.
Soldier ar much more reliable in general wich is what makes him better, not having high DPS.

>>385210958
As much as I love demo you are wrong. Soldiers rockets explode on contact wich makes dealing damage much easier.

>>385211358
Soldier is so much more reliable then demo and scout though, Demo's can shoot past their targets while soldiers rockets explode on impact. Scout needs to get close while soldier is effective at most ranges besides long. Soldier is also the king of mobility and has 200 HP, all of this combined is what makes soldier so good.
>>
git gud
>>
>>385211951
>Soldiers rockets explode on contact wich makes dealing damage much easier [than Demo].
Aim your pipes and learn how to properly airburst stickies. Demo actually does take skill.
>>
>>385211951
>pills have no drop off and explode on contact with enemy
>stickies travel faster than rocket and can detonate mid air right next to enemy
>>
>>385205870
People saying Soldier is balanced are literally soldier mains or competitive faggots in general, which shouldn't be listened at all because they are to blame for the cancer called Meet Your Match.
Wise up, boys.
>>
>>385212050
it's funny because soldier is weaker in pubs than he is in 6 v 6
>>
File: 1494637929929.png (355KB, 396x425px) Image search: [Google]
1494637929929.png
355KB, 396x425px
>>385205870
Soldier, Demo, a lvl 3 sentry, and scout can counter soldier.
You know this to be true
>>
>>385212050
>WHY WON'T VALVE BALANCE THE GAME AROUND CTF TURBINE??? THIS IS BULLSHIT
>>
>>385211134
>>has to hurt himself
>15hp per jump

its fuken nothing
>>
>>385208140
eez on dem' carrots
>>
>>385212016
>>385212030
I find dealing damage on contact much easier then having to direct hit. Hitting pipes up close is pretty hard against scouts, scouts can usually kill you before you get out your stickey launcher and get of 2 shots. Soldier has more HP making fights generally (by far not allways) in his favor but soldier has a way easier time against scouts.
This is all my opinion ofcourse
>>
>>385211923
>Heavy/Medic combo walking into sniper sightlines like a pack of idiots
Lmao because a Sniper is going to camp a single area
>Implying that Soldiers needing to fire off at least 3 rockets before their jump ends doesn't make the rocket timing much more predictable
Nice conjecture
>implying that Pyro can't do something as press WASD until he's in between the Soldier and Medic
He can't do a thing
>implying that Pyro even needs to have 100% reflect rate so long as he gets enough of them to keep Medic alive
>implying he can keep the Medic alive
There's a reason no one uses pyro outside of Highlander yoh fucktard
>>
>>385212304
Your opinion is objectively wrong.
>>
>played back when minis had amazing build time
>discover the build and destroy commands
>make a bind to instantly destroy current sentry and to immideately bring up the build for a new sentry
>could shit out minis with unparalleled speed at will in return

Anyone else love being cancer?
>>
>>385212412
>I will just call it objective HUEHUE
Hitting splash damage is way easier then direct hitting even if pipes travel faster. Unless you have your sticky launcher dealing with scouts as demo is harder then with Soldier. Weapon swapping is a big part of TF2 after all.
>>
>>385212687
you are one effective texan
>>
>>385212354
>Sniper camping a single area
Sniper tends to stay around zones where sightlines work in his favor and not go running around cramped hallways where he gets BTFO, yes. This makes his positioning predictable. Don't be retarded.

>Nice conjecture
It's not, ask any high level pyro main.

>PYRO CAN'T DO ANYTHING REEEEEEEEEEEEE STOP SAYING THINGS THAT ARE INCONVENIENT I'M JUST GOING TO SHUT MY EARS NOW REEEEEE
ayy

>Nobody uses Pyro outside of Highlander
First off, Pyro does see play in last on 6s. Second, in 6s Soldier has his own counter in the form of Scout, who can effectively deny his jumps and burst him down with the Scattergun. If you don't think that high level scout play defeats Soldier you are literally delusional. Third, people who bitch about SOLDIER BROKEN REEEE aren't talking about 6s, they're shitters in pubs or low level highlander leagues who can't get organized or play Solly's counter classes effectively.
>>
>>385212763
t. pyro main
Face it, pyro is fucking trash against anyone that knows what he's doing.
>>
File: good job.jpg (98KB, 500x475px) Image search: [Google]
good job.jpg
98KB, 500x475px
>>385213040
>I have no arguments so I must shitpost
>>
>>385212737
You can whine all you want, you are wrong. You should have sticky out most of the time and even if you don't pipebombs kill scout faster than Shotgun does and point blank aren't hard to hit with. He's right fucking next to you. How do you whine about that being hard to hit?
>>
File: 1476929205833.jpg (9KB, 200x311px) Image search: [Google]
1476929205833.jpg
9KB, 200x311px
>Play scout on hoodoo
>Constantly get to red spawn harassing them and delaying engies, easy picks
>Notice team cannot get past first point
>4 snipers, 2 spies who suck at sapping, 1 demo, 3 pyros
>Red has 3 engies, heavies, sentry sitting pyros and medics who just run past me and hide behind the sentries and hold the kart back

Fuck my life.
>>
>>385213214
No, seriously. Say to any comp player that pyro counter soldier and they'll laugh on your face. You have no arguments, just retarded hypothetical situations that literally don't happen.
>>
>>385213224
>I am somehow objective.
Shooting at the ground close to someone is easier then hitting them directly
>>
I don't get why you can't balance comp and casual differently.
>>
>>385213461
>hoodoo
why are you playing the worst map in the game?
>>
>>385214032
That's not cp_junction
>>
>>385214174
let me rephrase in that case
>why are you playing the worst payload map in the game
>>
>>385214009
In an ideal situation it just shouldnt. People in casual wont learn comp.
>>385214032
2Fort is objectively the worst map.
>>
>>385214009
So that there is no huge devide for players to jump when hopping game modes
>>
>>385205931
I have done nothing but wait for the update for 3 weeks
>>
>>385214284
>2Fort is objectively the worst map.
its still very playable compared to shit like Hydro, any payload race,Dand Doomsday.
>>
>>385213583
And if you had the right wep out you wouldn't need to do that. If you didn't its shotgun v pills at best and they're equally as easy.
Cherry picking the perfect situation for Soldier and the worst for Demo is just sad.
>>
>>385214284
>People in casual won't learn comp
So? Comp should stay a niche thing that pubstompers go to when they're bored
>>385214443
>Off by one
But then there are modes like MvM where you have classes that are balanced around that mode (e.g. spy's sapper, sniper headshots). Why can't they do the same for comp? Obviously it shouldn't be anything too drastic.

I also don't see why Valve competitive isn't all stock barring skins like Australiums and Botkiller so that they can use comp as the ultimate test ground to balance the stock mercs and weapons
>>
>>385214009
Balancing for comp doesn't hurt casual. The only exception I can think of is the base jumper because pub soldiers aren't skilled enough to use it. The weapons that are annoying in competitive tend to be just as annoying in pubs.
>>
>>385209389
All Soldier has to do with Hoovy is stand behind a corner and peekaboo him with rockets. Heavy is an extremely simple to counter class, and if they're your sole hope to shut down a class then that class needs fixing.
>>
>>385214718
>Cherry picking
>Using the word objective to begin with
An objective thing to say is that demo out dps's soldier, a subjective thing is talking about wich one its easier to deal damage with A.K.A aiming, I personally find that hitting pipes and stickys is harder then rockets.
I also prefer walking with my pipelauncher because its better against pyro's soldiers and other demo's
>>
>>385215106
That's a lot of words to say ''I'm wrong''.
If you have the wrong wep on demo on soldier, they have just as easy time as each other hitting the guy, but demo does more damage.
If you don't demo can choose to det on floor like solly or in air making him the less fucked char.
You are objectively wrong and acting like me saying its objective or that cherry picking is sad aren't both true doesn't change the fact they are.
>>
>>385215296
Stickies need to prime, 3 rockets at a targets feet is faster then 3 stickies that need to prime
>>
>>385205870
Rocket Jumping takes a fair amount of skill so yes it is balanced
>>
>>385215861
You need 3 rockets to kill a single scout? Lmao. Takes 2 at most.
The time they take to prime isn't enough to make it hard to hit or die.
>>
>>385216349
I was never talking about perfect aim so I added a rocket. If you can direct hit everything then demo is allways better then soldier.
>>
>>385205870
>high mobility
-can still get fucked if he can't kill the scouts that flanks him
-spy if he can't look behind his back
-mini turret to fuck rocket jumps up
>high damage
-what about heavy+doc combo?
-pyro reflects
>high hp
-heavy+doc combo again
>>
>Server enables MvM upgrades for both teams to use against each other. Get $100 every half minute or so and I think on kill
>Fine and dandy with everybody running around and upgrading
>Then THOSE pyros appear with upgraded phlog keep spamming uber canteens
>Literally no way to counter except with another phlog pyro and spam uber as well
It was really fun until those pyros showed up. You could also become a killing machine as gunslinger engi by spaming two minis and frontier justice crits.
Or go short circuit engi with uber canteen and fully upgraded metal capacity and just stop the enemy team from being able to spam crit rockets and stickies.
>>
>>385216349
Lol is this retard acually pretending like soldier isnt an easy as fuck class to kill with? Like do you honestly think demo is easier than playing free splash damage the class? Are you seriously comparing a fucking hitscan weapon as being harder than stickies?
>>
>>385213483
>I have never played nor watched a Highlander match in my life, nor ever actually tried playing pyro
>>
>>385215053
If Solly is spending all of his time playing hide and seek with a heavy who almost certainly has a pocket medic, the heavy has successfully stopped the soldier from doing his job. Which is a counter. No soldier in Highlander bombs in until after the Heavy is dead.
>>
>>385217243
got the address for the server?
>>
scout counters soldier
mge me if you disagree
>>
File: 1501076091093.jpg (61KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1501076091093.jpg
61KB, 320x320px
>2k hours in tf2
>default scout no cosmetic loadout
>casually snap everyone in half as scout and barely miss my meatshots with scattergun
>enjoying stomping or having a proper fight with faggots covered in 2 unusuals and pink as hell
>always on top
>cant play any other class properly
im a one trick p- autist
>>
>>385217779
It was enables only for a few rounds but it's called "Nemu's Stomping Grounds" and was the 24/7 dustbowl server. It's a pretty comfy server just because its a community server that isnt bloated. Ducks are enabled on it though.

Also another thing about its MvM upgrades. The admin who added it said that first time around the medic shield would deal absurds amount of damage to players so the server eventuallu devolved into 16 medics on both teams spamming shields. He removed it's ability to deal damage when I was playing.
>>
>>385218031
>3k hours in tf2
>pubstomp 90% of the time with soldier / demo
>no pocket meds
>hit pipes like a plumber
>can't play hitscan for shit even against f2ps
i blame my sens
>>
>>385206946
I use reserve shooter and escape plan se if the acutal scout is too good to be killed with stock launcher i just let them 2 jump around or run up on them with melee. Also its much easier to aim with the rocket launcher if you are not moving so if its a 1v1, they can be picked off by launcher below pro level.
>>
>>385212172
only if he trades away his sole backup damage source
>>
>>385218817
>RS
Delet this
>>
GET GOOD, GET LMAOBoX
>>
>>385205870
>no counter
>what is scout
>>
>>385220021
A class than any good Soldier kills immediately.
>>
>>385220021
>both have shotguns
>soldier has 75 hp advantage
If the players are tied skill-wise the encounter is soldier favoured
>>
>>385220205
Not in a real game situation
>>
>high mobility
His high mobility comes at the cost of either a non-insignificant chunk of his health and being forced to reload one of his rockets, if he's using it while in the fray(e.g. picker). If he's using the gunboats, you've already robbed him of his shotgun.
>high damage
Dependent on burst damage, which while good is inferior to the Scout and Demo in terms of output.
>high HP
Good enough to stay in the fray longer than most and makes him a reliable buddy for the medic, but this isn't Overwatch, damage output is high and combat is fast and he will be torn down in seconds.
>no counter
Which is fine. Fighting a soldier is still highly democratized, and the other combat classes in their niche won't be hard-countered by a soldier anyway.
>>
>>385220205
in a wide open space maybe but functionally the scout has much higher speed and would be able to flank the soldier on most maps
>>
File: 1499857495037.png (465KB, 933x975px) Image search: [Google]
1499857495037.png
465KB, 933x975px
>>385207463
>he thinks you can make profit on an instant trade website
>>
>>385220363
I'm sick of this kind of shitposts.
>Not in a real game situation
>Only in pubs
>Only when I says so!
No, fuck you. Come up with a better argument. If someone says something, it's because he had the possibility to test it in game, not in his fantasy. Fuck you, I'm mad. We have tf2 threads every day since last month and every time I see these stupid posts talking about nothing at all.
>>
>>385220667
Teach me how to make profit if I'm poor senpai
geel is a kike who's killing off grassroots trading sites like outpost so I can't sell my shitty hats there
>>
>>385220778
Your argument is retarded. Yeah Soldier would win in an even shotgun battle on flat ground with no distractions against a single scout when neither have to worry about any ulterior objectives besides killing the other and both start with full HP and ammo since he has more HP, but that's an outrageously unrealistic situation to use as a comparison because none of those things are true when a scout and soldier fight during the actual game. I'm sick of MGE faggots pretending that their faux fighting game antics matter when talking about real class balance.
>>
File: yore ugleh.webm (336KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
yore ugleh.webm
336KB, 500x640px
Hey /v/,
yore
ugleh
>>
File: 1500155550794.png (446KB, 808x805px) Image search: [Google]
1500155550794.png
446KB, 808x805px
>playing TF2
>someone calls the soldier "solly"
STOP THIS
>>
File: 1471187714074.jpg (104KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1471187714074.jpg
104KB, 1280x1024px
How the fuck am i supposed to play this game anymore? Script kiddies every game, I find new games and there's fucking more of them
>spy headshotting me suspiciously
>everyone defends him and he lightly shit talks me
>halfway into the game reveals his full blown script while he headshots everything in his vicinity
>whole team leaves
>other team doesn't care
>another game
>join in, top scoring sniper on my team headshotting everyone out of upward gates, invis spies and all
>Spamming chat binds to aggravate everyone
>obvious hacker
>vote kick him
>he starts talking, sounds like a 14 year old mestizo kid
>"Woah woah woah, what's all this about?"
>whole team is friends with him, votes no then proceeds to vote me off
>just leave before it happens
>another game
>doing decent, walk out in the open and jump wildly
>headshotted, zooms into a level 1 sniper with no cosmetics just standing still
>iwonderifhe'sjustgood.jpeg
>he's headshotting my whole team randomly
>after 10 minutes a retard on my team finally puts two and two together and says "I THINK that guys cheating"
>takes another 20 minutes to actually get him kicked
>jump again, into the air while killing their medic
>headshotted, zooms into a level 1 sniper with no cosmetics standing still
The game is being ruined by teenagers trying to get attention, and when they're not cheating they're just being fucking useless.
>b-b-but not all f2ps are bad!!
This faggot reddit/SIN mentality is what's ruining tf2.
>>
File: 1500847891419.jpg (36KB, 580x432px) Image search: [Google]
1500847891419.jpg
36KB, 580x432px
>>385221602
>playing tf2
>someone calls the scout "scoot"
>someone calls the soldier "solly"
>someone calls the pyro "furfag"
>someone calls the demo "nigger"
>someone calls the heavy "hoovy"
>someone calls the engineer "engi"
>someone calls the medic "slut"
>someone calls the sniper "wanka"
>someone calls the spy "shpee"
S T O P
>>
>>385221772
I get the others but what's so bad about calling it engi?
>>
>>385221865
because that was a shitpost
>>
>>385221865
>engi
>people pronnounce it badly
>someone screaming N-GHEE down the mic

>>385221976
doesnt seem like it to me, seems pretty WOKE imho
>>
He's balanced around hoping everyone uses Rocket Jumper and Market Gardener.
>>
>>385222084
You forgot Mantreads
>>
>>385221292
EUH!
>>
>>385222190
>Not going RJ+Gunboats+MG
>>
File: soldier laugh.jpg (72KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
soldier laugh.jpg
72KB, 1280x720px
>>385218817
RS is so fucking fun on soldier
>Juggle with a rocket
>Whip out RS
>Corpse goes flying across the map
>>
File: sad.jpg (72KB, 960x923px) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
72KB, 960x923px
>mfw unbox a vintage blitzkrieg
>someone tells me its worth 2 rec
>sell it to him
>later realise that it was worth three times as much
>every time I see a tf2 thread it reminds of me of my loss.
>>
File: soldier born to die tf2.png (78KB, 590x1129px) Image search: [Google]
soldier born to die tf2.png
78KB, 590x1129px
>>385222450
>MG
>No random crits
I'll stick with bashing heads in with escape plan
>>
File: old style.png (59KB, 250x229px) Image search: [Google]
old style.png
59KB, 250x229px
>>385221772
>calling heavy "hoovy"
>calling scount "scunt"
>calling soldier "solly"
>calling demoman "scottish"
>calling engineer "vagineer"
>calling medic "healslut"
>saying spy in a shit southern USA accent
>calling pyro "W+m1"
>calling sniper "mate"
>>
File: tf2 threats.png (108KB, 700x300px) Image search: [Google]
tf2 threats.png
108KB, 700x300px
is tonight the night?
>>
Why are medics allowed to be so strong? A team with a medic will beat a team with no medic every single time.
>>
>>385223952
Here we go again with this faggot.
>>
>>385207396
>taking TF2 seriously as a competitive game

lol just go and play memewatch already
>>
>>385223952
>1 ubermensch vs 0 ubermenssch
hhhmmmm
>>
>>385224057
Not an argument.
>>
>>385223952
He's the best healer, when you think about it one of the reasons Pyro is so shit is because Medic is really strong, if you are on fire Medic just invalidates all the DPS from the Pyro.

That's why I expect a Medic nerf next update, it's going to be great. I can already taste the healsluts tears.
>>
>>385223952
valve keeps buffing medic because nobody wants to play him
>>
>>385224592
>I expect a Medic nerf next update
Keep dreaming
>>
>>385222857
>Escape plan
>Using a weapon that rewards running away from combat instead of fighting like a man
Equaliser or bust
>>
File: u wot m8 tom.png (511KB, 854x481px) Image search: [Google]
u wot m8 tom.png
511KB, 854x481px
>>385224850
>You can't use EP in combat
>>
>>385224768
Get ready, medicboy. The one true hidden crutch class will be no more.
>>
>>385224850
there is nothing more satisfying than killing faster classes with EP.

Even if its nerfed like hell. I mean the Medic can abrely heal you AND you are marked to death in the same time and. Is a low hp fast running Soldier that hard to deal with? Not to mention that it used to be the same weapon as equalizer.
>>
>>385207396
185 health!?!?
Hello?!?!
>>
Why is Soldier the most overrated class in the game? Legit Soldier mains are infuriating to play with.
>>
>>385207396
>gunboats pocket is the meta
eh stock shotgun or rs

>>385224140
bet your that one kid that complains about 'tryhard' players while palying on valve servers
>>
>>385210767
have you ever seen a "pro" scout?
>>
>>385226256
A scout can dodge more damage than a sollys 300, Scouts can also get overhealed more often than sollys, in general Scout can do more with less health than a Soldier can, 125 Scout>125 Soldier, 185 Scout>185 Soldier, if Soldier could consistently be 300 than he would be a better pocket.
>>
>>385222523
tell me about it. if you use this combo at close range they dont even have the time to react unless they are heavy or another soldier the only problem is that its much easier to shoot airborne enemis with it then doing a rocket airshot so it blunts your skills abit. i should stop using it but its jsut too fun.
>>
>>385205931
What the fuck was that bread shit even about?
>>
File: iwonderwhatthiscouldbe.webm (3MB, 720x406px) Image search: [Google]
iwonderwhatthiscouldbe.webm
3MB, 720x406px
>>385205870
cmon, sure there's a counter to soldiers. it's mostly other soldiers.

NOW I WANNA BE YOUR DAWG
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 380x285px
>"Solly"
>>
>>385227149
>eh stock shotgun or rs
We're talking 6s, not pubs.
>>
>>385206185
If a soldier runs shotgun he gets destroyed by a demo for not jumping as much.
>>
>>385212687
Same. Had it bound to mouse4. Shit was so cash.
>>
>tfw airblast can rape soldier in 2 blasts
>>
>>385228102
Is the joke here that this isn't impressive at all?

>kills a scout that blundered right into a sentry
>kills retreating scout+demo that were probably very low health
>kills a medic that wasn't paying attention and his pocket soldier with a skillwrench
#wow
#woah
>>
File: gotcha faggot.png (50KB, 188x200px) Image search: [Google]
gotcha faggot.png
50KB, 188x200px
>>385221292
Hey /v/
GOTCHA
FAGGOT
>>
>>385228919
YOU AUTISTIC LITTLE SHIT
>>
>>385209561
>Solly
>Hoovy
>So and so is BANNED IN COMPETETIVE HUR DURR
/v/ is dead.
>>
File: 1498147067432.webm (3MB, 800x502px) Image search: [Google]
1498147067432.webm
3MB, 800x502px
>>385228917
That was professional level play. You just don't understand.
>>
>>385229148
I didn't mean to reply to anybody.
>>
File: pyro scorch.gif (3MB, 630x354px) Image search: [Google]
pyro scorch.gif
3MB, 630x354px
>/v/ thinks pyro is underpowered
watch and learn scrubs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BfiOmo2jr6M
>>
>>385221746
>Spy headshotting me suspiciously
This happened on 2 accounts to me actually
>Cloak and Dagger, standing still
>know no one can see me
>spy is walking and starts shooting
>headshot

>playing double cross
>go under my spawn
>get killed by a Spy with an ambassador cloaking and is still in his spawn
Truly fun
>>
>>385229990
I'm gonna be honest though, not ever as a spy, but when I'm playing as pretty much any class I'll just shoot into corners when I pass by in case a CnD spy is hiding there.
>>
>>385230176
Yeah, I would've understood if that were the case, but I'll give more depth
>Standing on a platform above him
>he's aiming straight ahead, not up
My team found out soon enough though
>>
>>385229990
The hackers are a serious problem, and Valve really does fuck all to help.
>>
>>385230589
yeah, imagine the ideas new players will get when they see people are just using hacks
>>
Sniper needs to be removed from the game. Terrible to play against. Terrible to play with. He takes the lowest risk of any class and has a high reward. there is no stopping a competent one without another sniper.
>>
>>385227149
>ad hominem

not an argument, why don't you go and ruin another casual shooter with your competitive garbage and shit matchmaking.
>>
File: Speech level 100.webm (3MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Speech level 100.webm
3MB, 1280x720px
What do you do with your duplicates /v/?

My inventory is getting on the full side and im not sure if crafting it all into scrap is the best option.
>>
>>385228524
Good luck 2 kill a pro scout in 6v6 without shotgun
Thread posts: 188
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.