[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why on earth would they not release this on STEAM? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 3

File: fortnite.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fortnite.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
Why on earth would they not release this on STEAM? It's as if they don't want it to be a success or something.

Also, I didn't even know this game came out, where was the advertising? I remember seeing this game at e3 like 5 years ago and thought it looked cool.
>>
>>385202179
>it's literally the same cover as The Surge, except it reads Fortnite

I guess the game is equally shit as well, right?
>>
what game
>>
>>385202179
why would you even want to play this garbage?
>>
>>385202179
afaik its only early access, the full release is schedulded for 2018 by now. crap shit, as always.
>>
>>385202179
isnt it going f2p in 2018?
>>
>>385203094
That's just promo art though, there's a white/asian/hispanic/black version of every class and gender
>>
>>385203172
no eskimo?
>>
>>385203172

>no aboriginal

Fucking racists.
>>
>>385203094
>those people do not exist in real life, everyone I know is white and skinny
how's your ivory tower, anon?
>>
>>385202179
am i the only one getting fucking sick of this type of art style / character design
>>
its more the fact they lock all the white males behind rng loot boxes generally as either epics or legendaries. They know it pisses you off so you pay.
>>
>>385202179
>survival game with resource collection & crafting with added reddit memes

trash
>>
Because on Steam they couldn't hide the shitstorm their pricing model caused. 150$ to get the full version of the game with necessary unlocks like inventory size is fucking disgusting.
This is dead-on-arrival after their paid shill hypetrain died down. Nobody wants to spend that much money on a shallow tower defense title with dumb AI.
>>
>>385202179
Wasn't it advertised as one of the first games using Unreal Engine 4? What the fuck happened?
>>
>>385208035
Development hell. This thing has been around since 2013 or so and never got anywhere. Over the years they released rendering trailers and other shit and now overhauled the game to use loot boxes and an intrusive cash shop in hopes to recoup any of the money spent on such a badly managed title. Even though it's considered a release everything feels like it's the usual early-access indie shovelware quality, just with are more flashy presentation and dishonest marketing scheme to suggest it's actually worth the price tag.
>>
>>385204578
Not him but catering to a niche crowd when your demographic are skinny white guys seems dumb. This isn't Dream Daddy. It's a shit tower defense melee hybrid.
>>
>See it on PS store
>"FREE"
>Assume it's f2p since the client is free and there are some separate purchasable shit for it in store
>Launch the game
>Main menu
>HAHA FUCK YOU, BUY A FOUNDERS PACK OR DELUXE PACK TO CONTINUE INTO THE GAME
Into the trash
>>
>>385211393
Holy shit, really? What kind of raving lunatic thought that was a good idea?
>>
>>385211734
Yup, made me legitimately mad for a moment for wasting my time, even though my download speed is quite high.
>>
>>385202179
Yeah, why indeed? This game looks badass!
>>
>>385202179
it's published by Tecent, the chink valve knockoff
>>
>>385213694
it's not, it's hot trash
>>
Why on Earth does this game have preset characters when they're all generic as hell? Why not just let people create their own characters?
>>
>>385213795
This. Fuck off Chinks.

Your shilling won't work because Cliff stopped being relevant after you read his foreword in the original Gears manual.

Give me Sleeping Dogs II or give me death.
>>
>>385211393
hahaha fucking this
>>
>>385213795
Tencent? The same people responsible for the über-Jewry of Paradox Interactive's DLC practice?
>>
Isn't this by People Can Fly? If so, that's a shame.
>>
>>385203080
its already f2p on ps4, I saw this on the store.

still didn't download either.
>>
>>385214175
the same, look at who owns the studio, they are trying to push their version of steam in China, I wouldn't be surprised to see it coming to the west soon, hence the lack of steam release.
>>
>>385214312
Except it isn't. You can download the game for free but you need to buy a pack to actually play it.
>>
>>385215024
its in the free section, if you have to buy something to actually play it they are asking for an instant uninstall, therefore I don't believe you.
>>
>>385215140
>I don't believe you.
Well fuck you then and go see it for yourself, faggot. It is ridiculous but that's how it is.
>>
>>385208517
But it's not releasing until 2018, what just opened up is a buy in for Early Access. Where you can $40 to beta test a game and get a whopping 7 loot pinatas.
>>
>>385215140
You have no idea how greedy the chink are m8, the game is paid on PC that I can confirm so it's most likely true.
>>
>>385207920

The real shit storm is already hitting them though.

The only way to unlock new stuff is loot crates. You get 1 every 2 days unless you pay for them, and their contents are RNG as fuck. People are pissed as fuck at them for charging so much for a game and then locking all the characters, weapons and even stat growth behind loot crates.

The games not going to survive until it's F2P release.
>>
>>385202179
>Why on earth would they not release this on STEAM? It's as if they don't want it to be a success or something.

People are paying to betatest a free to play game, I'd say they don't have to worry about money.

Also GoG is still superior to Steam.
>>
>>385215140
The game won't go truly free to play until it leaves Early Access in 2018, until then it's got a terribly priced buy in that can only indicate that the cash shop is going to be overtly intrusive and kill the game. If the cash shop doesn't kill it then splitting the initial surge of users over an Early Access release and a F2P release a year later will.
>>
>>385215240
in honesty I really don't care, report it for not being free in the free section if its true.

>>385215450
sounds like its already dead, all im hearing is cash shop, buy in, early access, shite. not "this game is cool you can do X"
>>
>>385215450

The cash shop is already killing the game. It's without a doubt one of the worst cash shop implementations in existence and everyone is pissed at it.
>>
File: 5105926719_abeef6854b_o.png (774KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
5105926719_abeef6854b_o.png
774KB, 960x720px
>early acces

Thanks steam for spawning this cancer.
>>
File: 1454202450485.png (30KB, 256x264px) Image search: [Google]
1454202450485.png
30KB, 256x264px
>$350 CONTENT
>>
>>385215640
That's a shame, I was hoping it'd be more like Warframe where most things can be earned in game, and those that can't can be easily earned through trading.
>>
>>385213694
fuck you randy
>>
>>385215920

You can earn them in the game, but the rate at which you earn them is retardedly slow.

You get one quest per day and two of these quests earns you enough cash to unlock a loot crate which will have a minimum of 5 randomly selected items in it. Without paying you're limited to one loot crate per 2 days.
>>
>>385216020
How is it when you factor in those twitch quests and whatnot? Or is it too early to tell.
>>
>>385216129

The game initially gives you a bunch of one time only quests that reward you with loot crates. Once you've done those though, you're limited to one everyday like everyone is.

This shitstorm is happening because everyone is running out of those one time only quests and are now stuck with a loot crate per 2 days.
>>
>>385215140
Give it a shot anon, and see what happens.

As soon as you launch the game it'll ask for proof you have purchased a founder's pack.
>>
>>385202179

why do you even want to play this trash, it's literally a bunch of popular, overused tropes present in games released in the past 5 years packaged together into one box.
>>
>>385204578
I think he's just pointing out that the banner card is obviously "We've chosen this composition because of diversity". While I don't fully agree with that assertion, it also annoys the shit out of me when I look at corporate websites and they have those office mockups, with a black guy, an asian woman, a white male and a middle eastern woman, of varying heights and weights, all shaking each others hands. It's dumb and tacky.
Thread posts: 50
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.