[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, My brother is a 8 year old snot cunt who plays videogames

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

File: unnamed.jpg (320KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.jpg
320KB, 1440x900px
Hey guys,

My brother is a 8 year old snot cunt who plays videogames like FNAF and suicide guy (apparently that's a game), and I feel like that he's missing out on some really great games that I've played back in the late 90's and early 00's.

Would you mind help me put out a list of classic games so I can re-educate him? He already finished OoT and enjoyed it so I think it can be possible.
As for the pc games, I already put Monkey Island, HoMM III and starcraft brood wars so we can play together, do you have any other suggestions for an 8 year old? I mean think of it like that: what did you play when you were 8?

Please help me before he gets in FNAF fanfic and starts watching game theory
>>
>>385200310
he's just 8yo, let him play what all the other kids of his age plays
>>
>>385200310
Original Doom and Unreal Show him a real shooter and an example of low tech pretty design.
>>
>>385201139
I'm not saying he should only play old games that are not that appealing to this generation, but if he enjoyed OoT, why not let him try some good stuff of mine. That doesn't mean I'll uninstall FNAF and minecraft, hell we even play minecraft together sometimes. I mean you have to agree that Monkey Island has a pretty nice story for instance
>>
>>385201330
might do, I used to love UT2k4, and if he likes it we might even try UT4 (which is eh now, but still okay), what would you call low tech pretty design?
>>
>>385201437
I gave you an example. Unreal, the original singleplayer shooter. It is mighty beautiful considering the low tech.
>>
>>385200310
Diablo 2.

And shit man, just let him play whatever's good.
>>
>>385201738
Yeah I guess in the end I can't control what he likes and plays, the nostalgic greed got the better of me):
>>
>>385201335

>i want my brother to like what i like so i'm going to "educate" him

kys and kys
>>
File: 2fort 2011.jpg (152KB, 1080x739px) Image search: [Google]
2fort 2011.jpg
152KB, 1080x739px
>>385200310
Team Fortress 2. Kids love that shit and it'll take him from casual to actually good at FPS games.
>>
>>385201945
maybe wrong wording there

>I want him to try what I like

and no need to be mean my man
>>
Try AOE2 if you want an older game

Also OP he's a little kid, it's not surprising that he loves shit like FNAF since kids love animal mascots at that age. Whilst they're certainly better games, when I was 5-8 I was hooked on Banjo Kazooie and Crash Bandicoot. Chances are that he'd grow up not being a spergburger since from experience it's usually when they get into shit like Undertale, FNAF etc. that they do become spergburgers
>>
>>385202127

you're the one being mean and you'll probably end up raping him
>>
>>385201139
Fuck that. Kids'll be impressed with something they've never heard of if it sounds cool enough, and OP's OP's OP(icture) fits that criteria.
>>
>>385202174
*older game that scales a lot in terms of difficulty

**get into shit like Undertale, FNAF etc. at highschoo
>>
>>385200310
since he liked Ocarina of Time, what about Super Mario64
and maybe one of the early 2D Mario-games, and the first Pokemongames
>>
>>385201995
tf2 is not a good fps game, so many unbalanced guns nowadays
>>
I'll just let him try Monkey Island and Morrowind (with some graphics overhaul still) today, hope he's gonna like them, if he will I'll suggest more games, if not I'll let him play whatever
>>
>>385202473
What unbalanced guns? I've been out of TF2 for a long time
>>
>>385202439
He got bored with the 3DS :/ he's only into pc nowadays, no matter how many games I get him for the DS lul
>>
A child won't have the patience for Morrowind. You should have him play a more basic RPG.
>>
>>385200310
Gothic 2
>>
>>385202473
Yeah because 8 year olds care about perfect mini-crit balance and not just shooting the other guy.
>>
File: (seen some shit).png (845KB, 1126x1080px) Image search: [Google]
(seen some shit).png
845KB, 1126x1080px
>>385202473
You clearly haven't played for ages
There's only 24 unbalanced guns, and that's just competitive
In pubs there's about 3 unbalanced guns out of 170+ guns
Don't talk shit about my favourite game thanks

Not to mention, an 8 year old kid isn't going to give a shit about game balance
>>385202506
He doesn't know what he's talking about
>>
>>385200310

You're wasting your time dude. Pushing it on him when he doesn't have an interest is only going to make him resent you and possibly games.

t. Older Brother
>>
>>385202795
look, I already wrote in the thread that the post has some bad wording, I don't wanna push anything him, I just wanna make him try
I dont wanna be a tyrant or some shit, I just wanna be a nice brother who shows him what games were like before

that's it, I felt kinda bad he was playing FNAF but as many of you guys said, he's 8 and thats the shit kids like
>>
>>385202987
Don't listen to these guys OP, they'll just nitpick everything you do and criticise anything possible, it's standard /v/ behaviour
just let him play TF2 and Doom and give him a reward if he does well
/thread
>>
Everytime I hear some kids talking its either about league of legends or CSGO or minecraft (and their favorite lets players). Why bother saving them? Kids are already fucked if they play league when 9yo
>>
Sim City
Starcraft
Age of Empires 2
Mario
>>
Thing is, despite all the people here raging, now is the best time to show him retro. At that age disbelief is still easily suspended and old tech graphics are still not grating to the eye. If he isn't exposed to it now he will grow up with the knee jerk 'but it's old' response to all the oldie goldies.
>>
>>385200310
Show him Hearth of Darkness. I replayed it last year and it's still fuckin grear compared to today's standards.
>>
>>385201139
This. Just play good games around him until he goes "ooh, what's that" and actually seems interested
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.