[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crash 2 is harder than Crash 1. Why do you suggest playing Crash

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

Crash 2 is harder than Crash 1. Why do you suggest playing Crash 2 first in the N-Sane trilogy?
>>
File: 1421698887848.jpg (6KB, 299x168px) Image search: [Google]
1421698887848.jpg
6KB, 299x168px
>Crash 2 is harder than Crash 1
>>
>>385200039
It is if you're going to all gems. It's such a turd on the slippery ice death runs.
>>
>>385199726
Crash 1 is wwwaaaayyy harder, especially with Stormy Ascent.
>>
>>385200671
That level was removed for a reason. It's bad. The timing on half the jumps is guesswork.
>>
>>385200778
How comes people can platinum the relic time then?
>>
Crash 2 is a pain in the ass because of all the back tracking and while the first game has back tracking, it's more of a pain because of its difficulty.
All three games are a nice challenge though.
>>
The third one was the most fun
>>
crash 2 is easy until like warp room 4
>>
>>385203026
We talking backtracking as in going back through the same level in the same run, or how you basically need to beat the game, then get keys, then get coloured gems, 'then' you can 100% levels?
>>
>>385201684
Autists with masochistic tendencies.
>>
That's objectively wrong. Crash two had the slide jump and more forgiving gems. It showered me with enough lives so when I needed to get the gem in Cold Hard Crash I kept dying over and over until I got Aku Aku then I became invisible and broke every nitro box
>>
Can someone come do Stormy Ascents time trial for me, it's way too hard.
>>
Crash 2 is harder to master, while Crash 1 is hard all around.
>>
>>385200039
It absolutely is

Crash 2 > Crash 1 > Crash 3 in terms of difficulty
>>
Can we stop pretending to like this game yet? It was fucking shit in the 90s and its fucking shit now. Its the epitome of bad design. Even when i was a kid and played this for the very first time i knew it was bullshit. Its a no fun allowed frustrating piece of shit and its not that its hard, its because it is so bad designed and the half assed mechanics, together with the first babysteps of 3D platforming.

Tldr: game is shit
>>
>>385206747
You're shit.
>>
File: fXKaE.png (279KB, 464x332px) Image search: [Google]
fXKaE.png
279KB, 464x332px
>>385206747

>blaming level design for why you're bad
>>
>>385206747
Tru
>>
File: 55774452_p0.png (226KB, 720x1084px) Image search: [Google]
55774452_p0.png
226KB, 720x1084px
I don't know about harder, but I think 2 is definitely more fun, just because of the slide mechanic.
>>
>>385206747

Mad Mariobabby angry that M64 casualized games while Crash stood true to the genre
>>
File: 1499775509304.jpg (83KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1499775509304.jpg
83KB, 1024x1024px
>>385200778
>timing these jumps is beyond my ability
>must be guesswork lol
those mental gymnastics tho
>>
>Crash 2 is harder than Crash 1

What did OP mean by this?
>>
>>385199726
>Crash games are hard
neo-/v/ in a nutshell
>>
>>385203026
If you know what you are doing you don't ever have to go down the elevator to a previous Warp Room.
The only time you have to enter a level's main enterance twice is Turtle Woods for the Blue Gem, and the River Level with a secret exit and the Sewer level with a secret exit.
>>
>>385200154
Not as hard as doing the Relics on Indiana Jones segments
>>
>>385199726
Crash 2 has actual tricky platforming, Crash has uninteresting challenges like waiting for platforms to line up or making pixel perfect jumps that require you to slow the gameplay way down to pull off. Crash 2 only has a little bit of that timing stuff down an optional path near the end of the game and relies more on the slide jump to make long distance jumps. It feels easier because it had frustrating bullshit removed
>>
Getting all gems in 2 was much more annoying than in 1 but overall the game is still easy
>>
They somehow made Crash 1 even more frustrating that it needed to be due to the stiff jumping and the slipperyness of the platformering.

At least they removed the forward moment you get from landing a jump while spinning mid air.
>>
>>385199726

Crash 1's base level design is harder but Crash 2's alternative paths are indeed more bullshit. It's definitely a harder game to 100% but also MUCH easier if you're just trying to see the credits screen and be done with it.
>>
>>385205413
Never mind I beat it.
>>
In the original games the final Cortex battles are way too easy while the N Gin battles are a highlight (and genuinely challenging in 3)

How are they in the remakes?
>>
>>385212583

1's are hit and miss, 2's are uniformly garbage and 3's are the least shit on average but still pretty mediocre.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.