[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Get over your autism about Skyrim /v/ and just admit this is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 81
Thread images: 7

File: Elder_1.jpg (407KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Elder_1.jpg
407KB, 1920x1200px
Get over your autism about Skyrim /v/ and just admit this is the best mmo currently on the market
>>
Not F2P? Not playing it.
>>
Whats so hot about it?
>>
Not Canon
>>
>>385197936
It basically is though?
>>
>>385198169
you can't "basically" have f2p
>>
>>385198232
It's just the crown shop plus a few extras hidden behind a paywall? Besides that it's f2p right?
>>
>>385198390
>it's free to play
>except you have to buy the game
>>
>>385197869
>mmo

Too true. These open-world shits are just like single player MMOs. Both are loaded with filler and low level shit, both are made to bait stupid people into thinking that they're better than they are. Open world works when it feels like your actions are tied into a bigger balance. Just like an MMO, everything here is smashed into a bunch of quests. It's a conventional game set in a big lazy map.

At least MMOs look beautiful sometimes.
>>
>>385198664
I just realised that the OP posted the actual Elder Scrolls MMO. I think my point still stands, though.
>>
>>385197869
Pffffttt...
>>
>>385198002

>rorik in skyrim says he founded rorikstead 30 years ago
>there is mention of rorikstead in eso, which is set 2000 years before skyrim

and tes fans still find excuses justifying this shit. great lore and backstory butchered by jews and fans of the series are eating it all up what a shame
>>
>>385197869
Why do the character models and armor look so cartoony? It's awful.
>>
>>385197869
>Armor sticks to your body like fucking spandex

Get that shit out of here
>>
>>385199394
This mmo isn't canon to the games.
>>
>>385199394
It's obvious that Rorik is a lying lich nigger
>>
>>385198390
it's buy2play. but you can get a sub with tons of stuff hidden behind a paywall. this game is the epitome of kikery
>>
>>385199617
Yes, word of God says it is
>>
I've been interested but I need to know one thing, does it have that godawful MMO combat that most other MMOs have? Where you click your action, wait until the icon fills up, click again, or does itplay like an actual game
>>
>>385199625

>le conspiracy theory

go away
>>
>>385199394
Nords are fucking liars, almost as bad as the beast races.
>>
>>385199781

It is kinda like Morrowind.
>>
>>385199781
its the same style as tes4
>>
It somehow manages to be more boring than WoW and the equipment power degradation system is ass as fuck and never makes you feel as though you're getting more powerful just that your sword of rape became shit after you leveled 5 times.
>>
>>385197998
What race is the nigger of TES? Orcs or Redguard?
>>
>>385199939
>>385200034
then that makes it better than most mmos by default
>>
osrs says hello
>>
My gripe with it is that the quest dungeons you go in to aren't instanced.
>run around open world doing a quest and following the story line
>"Okay, we're going to need you to sneak into this bandit cave and steal this whateverthefuck."
>engage stealth mode
>enter bandit cave
>12 jack asses bunny hopping around, spamming moves and killing everything
>walk up to quest objective completely unopposed
>what fun
>>
>>385200168
nords
>>
>>385200359

Did you play Morrowind? I would take text based combat over Morrowind or ESO.
>>
>>385200936
I'd rather miss my attacks constantly than miis my attack, wait 10 seconds, miss my attack again
>>
File: 216278.jpg (124KB, 898x701px) Image search: [Google]
216278.jpg
124KB, 898x701px
>>385199458
I think they Skyrim-fied the game at some point soon after the initial reveal/screenshots because it looks grittier with dulled colors.
>>
>>385200936

Id like to see you play that. Very much. Because you know you are just spouting nonsense.
>>
>>385200748
I'm still convinced DDO is how you do MMORPGs right if you want any semblance of story. Seeing people bunny hopping all the time does not balance out the fact there are people around for me and I could do without them.
>>
>>385201112
I think the over-arching problem is that devs/publishers still think that people think seeing a bunch of players in the game you're playing is impressive and a selling point. That era is long since over. People just want to play with their friends or on their own. The MMO part of an MMORPG is a detriment to enjoyment in 9/10 cases.
>>
Pros
>best quests on the market outside of The Secret World
>good PvP (compared to other modern MMOs. lets be honest, its no Guild Wars 1)
>decent combat system
>motherfucking John Cleese

Cons
>godawful art direction
>the 5 button combat gets old after a while
>dumbass Champion Points grind
>you have to increase mount speed by 1% per day, it takes like 3 months of playing every day to fully upgrade your mount
>they sold a single medium-sized area as $40 DLC
>>
>>385197869
>TES6 will never come out till TESO dies
why does this game even exist do they even make money off this piece of shit?
>>
>>385198169
You have to buy the game. Last I remember you also have to buy a "premium" sub if you don't want your experience to be frustratingly hampered. That might have changed though.
>>
File: Detonate.webm (3MB, 1400x786px) Image search: [Google]
Detonate.webm
3MB, 1400x786px
>>385201112
Dragon's Dogma Online's story is pretty average though
>>
>>385197869
>the best mmo currently on the market

such great heights
>>
>>385198001
Level scaling hotter than Ollivion.
>>
>>385202531
Are you sure he didn't mean D&DO?
>>
>>385202865
It didn't originally have scaling that was introduced in the One Tamriel update.
>>
>>385202173
>5 button combat gets old after a while

spotted the person who never actually played the game.

You get two ability bars that you can switch between at any time once you hit level 15. Each bar has 6 abilities, not 5, as you get an ultimate ability. More over, there are ultimate abilities that can give you a third ability bar if you still find the 12 abilities limiting.

Not trying to defend the game as it's still kind of a shit MMO, just saying.
>>
why did they make mer races less ugly? I liked them more in the main series
>>
>>385201493

I know fable is full of broken promises and barebones content wise but at least they gave small scale multiplayer a try in 2 and 3
>>
>>385198390
If you don't subscribe you can still play through the game but your inventory will be limited. The craft bag makes it mandatory for crafters, alchemists etc.
>>
>>385203030
So it has a Legion patch
>>
>>385203118
Because it's an MMO and if people can't make the hottest looking elf hentai babe possible people will have a hissyfit.
>>
>>385202173
It takes 6 months to max mounts, not 3
>>
>>385203118

Character creation is incredibly limited even with all the sliders they have added. 90% of armors and weapons look worse than Ebony and Glass armor/weapon sets from Oblivion.

>>385203074
>>385201074
>>385200359

fuck off already
>>
>Subscription model
No, MMOs. No. One time purchase for 100% content or fuck off.
>>
I think it's a step in the right direction for the genre, but interest for innovative MMORPGs is so low that no one else wants to challenge them with unique ideas.

I think someone else hit it right that ppl don't really want a MASSIVE multiplayer experience with their RPG, but they DO want a multiplayer experience all around. It would be nice to share a game world online with 3 friends and we could work together to beat the game
>>
>>385203118
Because nobody would play them otherwise, and mer aren't even supposed to be ugly, they aren't orcs, Bethesda just can't design characters for shit.
>>
>>385203442
Pretty sure it's not longer subscription based
>>
>>385203505
but I feel like they look less alien and more boring in TESO than the main games, besides plenty of people play as mer in tes games
>>
>>385197869
FFXIV's PvE content is vastly superior
WoW's PvP is eons ahead
There's literally no reason to ever play this game besides
>muh no monthly sub
In which case GW2 still shits on it.
>>
>>385199682
What is a game dev to a non beliver?
>>
>>385203565
You're missing the main appeal of the game, which is that it's 100% viable to do most of the PvE content within a small group of friends.

Not everyone wants to make autistic internet buddies with some faggots in a guild. While I agree it's an inferior MMO as far as content goes, being able to play through most of it with just 3 of my friends is why it's the only MMO I currently play.
>>
File: Countered.webm (3MB, 1350x758px) Image search: [Google]
Countered.webm
3MB, 1350x758px
>>385202872
i'm sure he did I was just using it as an excuse to post about Dragon's Dogma
>>
File: 127095609349.jpg (21KB, 450x299px) Image search: [Google]
127095609349.jpg
21KB, 450x299px
>>385203649
>I'd rather play a boring, flat game because finding a group of people is GAY AUTISM XD

>also I have friends I play with that would constitue a group in any other, bettter, mmo.
>>
>>385203649
So the appeal of the game is that is even more casual friendly than modern mmos?
Uhm...
>>
>>385203763
I wouldn't say it's necessarily boring, at least not to me, while at the same time I do agree that there are better MMOs out there.

Sorry I don't like grouping up with weirdos I don't know. I much prefer grouping up with the weirdos I do know because it isn't awkward and there's better communication. Also, while this might be obvious, as me and my friends got older not all of us still play MMOs and moreover not all of us still even play video games, mostly because real life happens especially when you're an adult, so I'm sure it's easy to see why I can only find 3 people I know to play an MMO with, which also happens to be the perfect number for ESO.
>>
>>385197869
>>
>>385203878
If you consider things being on a smaller scale than other MMOs, I suppose so. Although I'd argue it's no more casual than GW2 if we're just looking at it from a gameplay perspective.
>>
Can someone explain the appeal of theme park MMOs to me?

It seems to me the appeal of an MMO would be a living, breathing world that your presence has some kind of effect on. Theme park MMOs don't have that.

It also seems to me that the appeal of a video game is that it is fun, MMOs in general don't have that. I know somebody is going to call me on oversimplifying that, but really it's true; these games have you run around an extremely static world as an almost incorporeal avatar hitting number keys and waiting for cooldowns. It doesn't feel visceral or engaging in any way, shape or form.
>>
>>385197869
>best mmo
>on launch was a fucking mess with imperials not in the base game
Top kek
>>
>>385204030
Depends, if you go play MMOs from circa 2005 and under you will find they are theme parks but also that they force you to interact with others to get by.

Right now any MMO is a theme park single player experience, with people sitting in discord as a way of communicating.
>>
When is the next big mmo coming out?
>>
File: 1488048043563.jpg (13KB, 414x415px) Image search: [Google]
1488048043563.jpg
13KB, 414x415px
>>385204030
>I don't have fun with something therefore there's no way it can be fun for anyone else

If what you're really trying to ask is why other people find them fun, it's the same reason why people find RPGs fun. You create and build your character the way you want to and experience those themepark rides the way you want to. If you want to go on that ride as a healer, or as a Wizard who shoots fireballs you can. The fun comes from the gratification of slowly building a character up from weak to powerful the way you want them to be powerful if that makes any sense, and along the way you unlock new little themepark rides you can take a spin on until eventually there's nothing left to do in the game.
>>
I gave it a good shot for a week but the combat was fucking terrible. Just shockinly bad and life skills were shallow as fuck. I went back to BDO.....
>>
>>385205134
>back to a game with arguably one of the worst PvE's in the current market

why? PvP's a joke in BDO but at least it's not as awful as what is basically mowing through a never ending wave of musou trash soldiers.
>>
>>385204570
>but i like spending $100 on skin rng boxes
>i can freebase meth if i want its my money

If you support the freemium model you are a fucking retard. There is no denying this fact, you are a stupid fuck and likely underage.
>>
>>385197869
3000 hours here. Plus pirated before. Dare I say best valued game ever?
Although the literal months combined to get it running properly, and having to learn modding...err and every straight up unsolvable crap within the game itself...yeah no, eternal sleep cannot come soon enough.
>>
>>385205217
Go play final faggotree on your console then pussy. mmos were never meant for you. PVE.....hahaha.
>>
>>385205382
I don't think I ever mentioned anything you just said but ok.
>>
>>385198445
fucking triple A titles
>>
>>385202531
DDO is dungeons and dragons online
DDON is dragon's dogma online
>>
>>385197936
>subscription? lol fuk taht im not playing
>b2p? omg fuk taht im not playing
>f2p? bet it has microtrainstations lol not playing

No pleasing you fagmasters.
>>
>>385203505
Mer in Skyrim are similar to the ones in Morrowind, the point is they should look more alien not like attractive humans with pointy ears.
>>
>>385197869
characters too ugly and clothes too frumpy. idgaf about lore or proper armor in an mmo. combat was boring too.
Thread posts: 81
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.