[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should we be concerned? http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 16

File: inti creates are firex.jpg (346KB, 1007x836px) Image search: [Google]
inti creates are firex.jpg
346KB, 1007x836px
Should we be concerned?

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/07/25/inti-creates-no-longer-involved-main-development-bloodstained/
>>
File: Penn-Jillette.jpg (135KB, 688x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Penn-Jillette.jpg
135KB, 688x1000px
>now being developed by a mobile dev
>>
File: not michael.jpg (25KB, 287x224px) Image search: [Google]
not michael.jpg
25KB, 287x224px
>Maybe it is best to clarify it here. Inti Creates is not involved in the main development of the Bloodstained game, but they are involved in the prequel mini-game.
We all know Bloodstained will fail to deliver, but this particular change doesn't contribute to that.
>>
File: 1312127200952.jpg (51KB, 453x482px) Image search: [Google]
1312127200952.jpg
51KB, 453x482px
Don't you worry about Bloodstained. Let me worry about Bloodstained.
>>
File: 1469939451147.jpg (38KB, 425x283px) Image search: [Google]
1469939451147.jpg
38KB, 425x283px
no because if you're not stupid, you saw this coming and never had any high expectations for shitstained to be begin with
>>
Serious question. Why is it that the higher funded Kickstarter games always seem to have development issues while smaller ones don't?
>>
>>385198916
it's easier to please people with a small scale game than some huge production
>>
>>385198916
because the people behind highly successful kickstarters are doing it for money and have big publishers behind them giving them more funds and deadlines etc.
and the people behind less successful kickstarters do it out of passion and work at the (mostly) correct pace for things to become good eventually
>>
>>385198916

Smaller projects follow low expectations, and KISS mindset. Just make a game, in a simple engine, small amount of platforms, typically 2D graphics, etc. Bigger projects have big expectations, get massive stretch goals, 3D models, biggest game ever. They collapse under their own weight. Plus, Iga and Inti were using the money to build a new company at the same time, with multiple buildings, which is a distraction from development, and both used Inti-Creates who are ill-suited to 3D console Unreal games. If both had used Inti to make a handheld game on the 3DS in 2D, we would have gotten them years before.
>>
Isn't taking one company's code and giving it to another a really bad situation? Don't they have to effectively start over now?
>>
>>385199047
>the people behind less successful kickstarters do it out of passion
>>
>>385199220

It's Unreal Engine, so one company can make sense of the other's. And supposedly Inti was highly unfamillliar with Unreal and were just bumbling around.
>>
>>385198916
If I had to fancy a guess it's because of the Kickstarter itself. It builds a bridge a bit too close to the potential players and the teams involved, resulting in all the snags reaching publicity. Like, I'm sure there are many games out there that have hit snags, whether its development, publishing, advertising, etc whatever you name it. It's nearly guaranteed to happen but you often don't see that process for obvious reasons. These certain elements become more obvious/transparent when the public has actually invested in the game already, hence the always ensuing articles that lead to controversy.

Just a guess, though. I'm not really a big fan of any of this crap regardless, I only find this one interesting because I genuinely dislike Inti Creates.
>>
>>385199382
I don't know why I assumed it'd be an in-house engine, nevermind then.
>>
>>385199476

They'd actually be WAY better off with an inhouse engine. Inti-should stop being retards and get a 3D engine going. They can't do 2D forever.
>>
>>385199567
>Inti-should stop being retards and get a 3D engine going.
They have one.
>>
>>385196939
Yes but not because this.

The whole project is a mess
>>
>>385196939
>Should we be concerned?
As someone who played both MN9 and Mighty Gunvolt Burst I'd say it was for the best.
>>
File: 1.png (5KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
5KB, 283x178px
>>385201482
>mfw didn't back it
>mfw didn't back Meme No.9
>>
>>385198916
Feature bloat. You say you're going to make a 500 dollar game and you get 600 dollars and you can deliver what you promised no issue. You say you're making a 500 dollar game and you get 15 million in funding and people will bitch black and blue if you deliver a 500 dollar game because "zomg, this game isn't worth 15 million!" Which leads to devs adding more and more bloated shit to match the perceived budget.
>>
Despite all of the doomsayers that exist on /v/, Bloodstained has not shown a single thing that gives cause for alarm. Maybe you don't like the graphics, but the demo was good, the level design has been good, the boss fights have been good, everything about the game has been fine. And I don't want to hear anyone give me that bullshit

>People said MN9 looked good at the beginning too!

No they fucking didn't. The very first reveal of the game everyone said looked like shit. The demo everyone said was bland and bad. /v/ just wants everything on kickstarter to fail and be the biggest trainwreck of all time purely because it's from kickstarter regardless of how the game actually is. When the campaign launched everyone here was saying it was a doomed project because Inti Creates was making it and they also made MN9 be so it's dead on arrival, now that Inti Creates isn't making it the project is a mess and it's dead on arrival.
>>
Redditstained.
>>
>>385196939
It's concerning, but I haven't given up yet. IGA is known for creating games on tight deadlines and with shoestring budgets--he got much more than he asked for, so hopefully he kept some aside as a 'rainy day fund' for just this sort of eventuality. If the game gets delayed again I think it's fair to say it's screwed, but if he can prove his budgeting and team leadership skills DICO might be able to salvage what Inti Creates messed up. At the very least, the fact that he went and fired Inti means he's paying closer attention to the quality of his product than Inafune did.
>>
hhh
>>
Reminder Inti's record is perfect and the only dud on their list is the one where comcept is involved.
Inti has excellent level designers, look at gunvolt, and even a 3D engine of their own.
Can you do the math?
MN9 wasn't made by anyone in inti.
>>
>>385202036
What are you implying?
The chances of Bloodstained being as good as Mighty Gunvolt Burst or Gunvolt are extremely slim.
>>
File: 1342701406182.jpg (71KB, 233x233px) Image search: [Google]
1342701406182.jpg
71KB, 233x233px
>>385203413
Post-purchase rationalization is so fucking funny.
>>
>>385206892
>le ebin shitpost XD
Good one faggot.
>>
Game looks like shit
>>
>>385198916
Pillars of Eternity was pretty huge and that game is a big success. Sequel got funded in no time.
>>
>>385202871
100% this.

Mighty No. 9 was an obvious exception because Con Man was clearly never going to just make the game. But for the rest, the issue is "$30,000 will let me hire who I need to get this project finished", then suddenly the power of meme magic has $5.2 million in your lap and now you've got to find a way to use it all, since they'll call you a crook and a thief if you DON'T spend it on the game. Which means you add shit, dragging out the development time to a ludicrous degree and bloating the project to FFXV-ian proportions.

Next thing you know, it's 7 months past the last promised release date and all you've done for the last 2 weeks is glue the pieces of backer rewards together, and you've suddenly promised the whole world a game where You Can Do Anything and there's a trillion worlds, and it's "Good job, Sean Murray, you fucked it up". And all because you made too much money in your Kickstarter.
>>
>>385207919
>you've suddenly promised the whole world a game where You Can Do Anything
That's more an crowdfunded MMO thing, isn't it? What we've seen of Bloodstained so far is exactly what we were told we were getting, which was Symphony of the Night but with a chick and in 2.5D, right down to the movement speeds and animations.
>>
>>385196939
Honestly the game will probably be okay. The problem with it now is that it's taking forever to come out despite it going to be just okay
>>
>>385200909
Does this game have lolis?
>>
>two years since it got funded
>only one year in development
>it was just the mini game prequel
>people defend this
>>
The demo already felt better than Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance, so no. At worst it'll be above average like Dawn of Sorrow and Portrait of Ruin.

The only thing that stands out as unimpressive is the graphics, which is what all the blunder shitposting seems to stem from. Nobody in these threads ever talks about the fucking gameplay, they just post webms of the hideous village area and make Mighty no. 9 and Inafune comparisons with no context.

I'm worried about the potential for a second delay now, because shifting development over to another team no doubt slowed the project down. It lines up with all those months that had barely any updates too, so who knows how much work actually got done during the restructuring? But the gameplay demo from this E3 seems way more polished than the ship demo from last year, and that one was already enjoyable.
>>
Most certainly going to wait before buying it
>>
I've always been worried. It's going down the wrong path. The same path MN9 went on.

It added way too many fucking stretch goals and now development is suffering because of it. The game now promises:

>A hardcover artbook
>Multiple playable characters
>Bonus difficulty modes
>David Hayter for some fucking reason
>Local co-op
>Extra bosses
>Speed run mode
>Boss rush mode
>A retro level
>A "classic" mode
>8-bit characters
>The "biggest" castle ever
>Online multiplayer
>Ports to every console/handheld under the sun
>Online challenge mode
>A prequel minigame
>A roguelike mode
>A "boss revenge" mode
>Fully orchestrated tracks

It is vastly outgrowing its original scope. I'm always wary when kickstarters pull this shit. At least when Shovel Knight did this, they concentrated on the promised game first, and added everything else later.
>>
File: 1324261802452.gif (2MB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
1324261802452.gif
2MB, 200x200px
>know your project is shit
>shift it all on a shitty mobile studio to save face
>>
>>385203413
How much money did you spend, anon?
>>
File: 1338846034292.png (292KB, 646x720px) Image search: [Google]
1338846034292.png
292KB, 646x720px
>>385212542
>The demo already felt better than Circle of the Moon and Harmony of Dissonance
No it didn't.
Not even close.
God, the delusion is fucking pathetic.
>>
File: 1413322991314.jpg (59KB, 499x662px) Image search: [Google]
1413322991314.jpg
59KB, 499x662px
Inti tends to get contracted to do a lot of art/asset work, right?

Could it be that their part is done, and as such they don't any NEED to be involved in development anymore?
>>
>>385196939
My only hope I can play as something other than shitty waifubait girl
>>
File: 1490416499323.png (235KB, 571x498px) Image search: [Google]
1490416499323.png
235KB, 571x498px
Let's get it started, boys.

post yfw you didn't back nostalgia-bait trash like MN9, YL, or Bloodstained
>>
File: P4GA_02_3.jpg (121KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
P4GA_02_3.jpg
121KB, 1280x720px
>>385214282
>>
>>385212638
They've stated through the official forum that they're aiming for a staggered content release more or less like Shovel Knight.
>>
>>385214072
Yes it is. The way Miriam controls is virtually identical to Soma at the beginning of Aria. Harmony of Dissonance in particular is way worse with its directional dashes and momentum-less jumps, that games controls were incredibly stiff.

The game as a whole seems to be pulling from the Sorrow games moreso than the other entries in the series. Which is a good thing, because Aria of Sorrow is the best of the post-SotN games.
>>
File: Portrait_of_Ruin.jpg (58KB, 465x416px) Image search: [Google]
Portrait_of_Ruin.jpg
58KB, 465x416px
>>385214769
>Aria of Sorrow is the best of the post-SotN games.
No.
>>
File: 250px-Castlevania_CotM_boxart.jpg (23KB, 250x240px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Castlevania_CotM_boxart.jpg
23KB, 250x240px
>>385214769
>Aria of Sorrow is the best of the post-SotN games

Excuse you, faggot
>>
>>385215076
Circles castle is dogshit and the only reason its hard is because figuring out what enemies actually drop cards is impossible without a guide.

The card system deserves to be reused in a better game.
>>
>>385214072
Gotta justify that money spent on backing it
>>
>>385217125
Because it couldn't possibly be someone's honest opinion or anything.
>>
>>385216972
How is the castle dogshit?
>>
>>385216972
>figuring out what enemies actually drop cards is impossible without a guide.
every enemy drops 2 items, so it's all about that grind to figure which drops what.
>>
>>385200909

Gal Gun? It's also Unreal.
>>
>>385198916
Bite off more than they can chew.
>>
>>385214913
My nigga.
>>
I backed Bloodstained for a whole lot of money and I never got an update on this, it was only posted on the official forums which I never went to, yet I got dozens of updates regarding shitty fanart and retarded igarashi memes
Fuck me for being a retard I guess, at least I will get a nice box for my castlevania collection but it's the first and last kikescammer I ever support, this shit is unacceptable
>>
>>385218703
Did you seriously learn nothing from the people who fell for MN9 and the new Shantae?
>>
File: a man.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
a man.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>385218482
>>385214913
Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this
>>
>>385219025
I honestly did not give a shit about either game so no, I thought MN9 was pretty awful when I tried the demo but I didn't attribute it to kickstarter specifically, I liked a bunch of kickstarted titles like Shovel Knight or FTL.
What's wrong with the latest Shantae? That's a series I was interested in trying out honestly
>>
>>385196939

Inti Creates was shit. They made the bulk of MN9 before they got thrown aside and the last 8 months of dev time was given to another studio. The switch in MN9 dev team was also the reason for the many delays.

The sooner Inti Creates gets thrown away from the Blood Stained, the better and I hear this happened a year ago so the game could still end up being "good". But yeah, in general, it isn't a good idea to switch an entire dev team mid development. It's akin to picking up a half done jigsaw puzzle. It's much harder than if you had just started yourself.
>>
>>385196939
the game isn't out yet and shit's already going haywire

be very concerned
>>
>>385198916

The higher funded ones used a dev studio they didn't know inside and out. While the cheaper ones WERE the studio themselves that put out the project. Meaning, they knew what they could or couldn't do, what their forte was and what was out of their capacity to deliver.
>>
>>385203413
>Despite all of the doomsayers that exist on /v/, Bloodstained has not shown a single thing that gives cause for alarm.

Firing your lead devs 1 year into production, then not telling anyone else for the other year isn't cause for alarm?
>>
>>385219413
>what's wrong with the new shantae
nothing he's just being retarded
>>
>>385206483
>MN9 wasn't made by anyone in inti.

Comcept does NOT make gmes. They're artists/designers. They will make up a storyline, design some enemies and characters, and then they leave. They need other devs with programming, 3D modeling, level designing, etc skills to come in and make the game. Inti-Creates made like 90% of it.

So they made a messy 3D Unreal engine game. Then they are hired to make another 3D Unreal engine game, but get FIRED from it. What does that say? It means MN9 was not an anomaly, and that blame is spread around pretty far.

Inti are fine devs for low resolution 2D games.
>>
>>385207719
Obsidian are an actual development team that have plenty of experience actually making video games though. There's a difference between an existing company choosing to get funding for their next project from crowdsourcing rather than a publishing house to retain creative freedom, and a bunch of random nobodies who have never made a game TOGETHER suddenly getting a million dollars and then self immolating as they are unable to self discipline themselves with regards to shit like deadlines and feature creep.

This is why Obsidian and Larian did fine with crowdfunding, made Pillars/Original Sin, and were successful enough to get sequels funded.

Bloodstained and Mighty number 9 and a billion other shitshows are gambles because it doesn't matter if each individual member of the team has experience working on other games if that particular group hasn't actually done anything yet.

There will ALWAYS be complications, there will ALWAYS be unforseen issues in development. There will always be bugs that need to be fixed and interpersonal drama to keep in check. Any dev team that falls back on these as excuses for failure is scapegoating the fact that they're just shit and acting like everyone else doesn't have to deal with the same thing and yet still manage to make fucking games.
>>
>>385214083

Nope, they were LEAD devs.
>>
>>385218703
>I backed Bloodstained for a whole lot of money and I never got an update on this, it was only posted on the official forums which I never went to, yet I got dozens of updates regarding shitty fanart and retarded igarashi memes

They outright admit they were being vague about this to avoid panic and speculation. They only admitted it when someone blatantly came up and asked them.
>>
>>385220179
My theory is that since Comcept and Iga's company, being only made up of idea guys, aren't really familiar with technical issues
Inti seemed like a safe bet in both cases since they're really familiar with 2d style gameplay, but the idea guys had no idea they'd be so bad at programming in 3d.
Not trying to defend comcept obviously, but the MN9 delays were all related to technical reasons
>>385220438
Yeah and being vague about it with the people who financed your project is worse than releasing a bad game, the game might even turn out good but I will never trust these companies ever again because they have no respect for my money;
Again I was the retard for donating but it doesen't justify this behaviour
>>
>>385220756
>Inti seemed like a safe bet in both cases since they're really familiar with 2d style gameplay, but the idea guys had no idea they'd be so bad at programming in 3d.

Actually, Iga started as a programmer, though I don't think he's done any for 20 years. But yes, Iga and Inafune greatly under-estimated Inti's ability to make a 3D game in Unreal. Inti themselves probably under-estimated it too. MN9 was built in Blueprint, and is both super buggy and inefficient.

I think this is a total shame, because if MN9 and BS were 2D games aiming for the 3DS they would have been great, had no technical issues, and came out on time. Both Iga and Inafune misread the market, and are following "AAA" dev logic, which forces them to make HD games in 3D because that's what major devs do. It's a misreading since low resolution 2D is still perfectly fine and quite liked. A game like this is probably gonna sell like 1 million copies right? It's a little niche.

Shovel Knight is a low resolution game (art assets are low resolution and pre-scaled, the game outputs 1080p), and it sold over a million. KISS approach, 2D, low resolution. No crazy plans, or 3D shit. Once you add 3D models to the mix it become prohibatively complex and costly to make a Metroidvania (which has huge areas and huge enemy variety) vs. just 2D. I mean, if Iga had just made Order of Ecclessia 2 with Not-Shanoa on the 3DS, people would be happy.
>>
>>385221386
>because if MN9 and BS were 2D games aiming for the 3DS they would have been great
Mighty Gunvolt and Mighty Gunvolt Burst are pretty good
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.