[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Dark Souls 2 better than Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1? I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

File: header.jpg (79KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
79KB, 460x215px
Is Dark Souls 2 better than Demon Souls and Dark Souls 1?

I only have a PS3. So please don't mention/compare to the later games.
>>
Worse than both in every way besides PvP.
>>
No

DaS > DeS > DaS2
>>
>>385194470
better than any other souls game except for Dark Souls 1

DS1 > DS2 > Bloodborne > Demon's Souls > DS3
>>
>>385194616
Wrong

DaS > DaS3 > DeS > BB > DaS2
>>
>>385194559
Thanks for calling it DaS2 instead of just DS2, would've thought you meant Demons Souls 2 which doesn't fucking exist.
>>
>>385194470
No
>>
Just play Dark Souls 1 first

If you like it enough play Demons or 2
>>
>>385194665
Dark Souls 3 brings literally nothing except cool references. It's worse than any other game, also it looks like shit despite being the latest one
Demon's Souls is way too clumsy to be better than anything, but it's the first game that made the other games possible, so it's better than Dark Souls 3, which is the worst one
Dark Souls 2 has the best multiplayer, which is a big part of those games. The hate is irrelevant. It was obviously a disappontment since it wasnt as good as they promissed, but it happens with almost every game that gets hyped. Is this really a big problem anymore? Haven't you people got used to it yet? Also there's no way it's better than DS1, but it's the second best game in the series anyway.
>>
>>385194972
No problem
>>
It's a much more casual game, if only for being able to permanently clear enemies out of areas. Blows every other souls game out of the water in terms of framerate for some reason.
>>
The only thing Dark Souls 2 has going for it is the best fashion in the entire series.
>>
>>385196030
>the only thing

You mean aside from being better in every aspect than the other Souls games?
>>
>>385196439
Yes I do mean aside from that, because that's bullshit.
>>
>>385196501
>best covenants in the series
>all stats are useful as opposed to Res being useless in DS1 and Vit being useless in DS3
>bonfire ascetics
>best pvp
>fast ladder climb
>being able to avoid pvp without going offline
>best dlc
>powerstance
>infusing boss weapons
>>
I'd like to get into this series soon, good game to start with for someone who's never played a Souls game?
>>
>>385196781
The first one.
>>
>>385196781
Start with DS2.
>>
>>385196781
Demon's Souls if you have a PS3
Dark Souls 1 if you don't.
Play in release order, make sure to buy the version with all DLC.
>>
>>385196781
Dark Souls probably.

Demon souls was my first but it can feel a little clunky at times when I come back to it. It's still amazing though and has the most diverse level design
>>
>>385196665
>best DLC
>when Old Hunters exists

Also while the stuff you mentioned is nice and good Qol changes, that doesn't fix the godawful level design, combat, and infuriating shit like Soul Memory that Dark Souls 2 has in spades.
>>
I'm getting into the series, I own Bloodborne and demon's souls, which should I start with?
>>
>>385194470
2 has the best bosses and the best immersion and the best bonfire placement you cannot dispuite this
>>
>>385197313
Only thing that's right there is the bonfire placement.

By far worst I'm series when it comes to bosses

Bloodborne for immersion
>>
File: 1453434676370.jpg (876KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1453434676370.jpg
876KB, 1920x1080px
>>385194665
No, it's
BB > DaS > DeS > DaSIII > DaS II
>>
>>385194470
only in terms of PvP (ratfagging is a lot of fun)
>>
>>385197382
This 100%
>>
It's DaS1 > BB > DaS3 > DeS >>> DaS2. You can't refute this.

inb4 DaS2 defence force and DeS nostalgiababbys
>>
>>385197550
I'd say Bloodborne is overall the more solid game, but Dark Souls is a pretty special experience even if it has some notable flaws, so I can see why someone would put it as number one.
>>
BB > DS2 > DS3 > DeS > DS1
with dlc obviously
>>
>>385197237
I think you should start with BB because the game mechanics sort of teach you to be more aggressive/courageous which comes in handy for the DS series.

I played DS1, then bloodborne and went back to dark souls and I was so much better.
>>
>>385194470
Not better, but it's not exactly bad. They all sit together, Dark Souls being only just slightly better.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.