[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you back a game that was largely finished and only needed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: photo.jpg (24KB, 768x768px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
24KB, 768x768px
Would you back a game that was largely finished and only needed an original soundtrack funded?
>>
>>385193836
I dont back games.

But that doesnt sound so bad.
>>
>>385193836
>Would you back a game
No.
>>
I back a game by buying it when it's finished.
>>
>>385193836
No.
>>
>Would you back a game
No. I would consider looking into it after it is released, though.

If backing a game was treated as an investment and not a pre-order (or financial gift) then I might think otherwise.
>>
do you actually have a game to shill OP or is this hypothetical?
>>
That's not backing a game though that's backing a soundtrack
>>
>>385194126
I have a game to shill, but we're wondering if people would back a game if it really only needed a score.

>>385194147
Can't publish a game using placeholder copyrighted music, so you're still funding the game
>>
Considering sound is 57% of a Game, no. I need the good jams
>>
>>385194086

>If backing a game was treated as an investment and not a pre-order (or financial gift) then I might think otherwise.

In your eyes, how would this be achieved?
>>
>>385194247
No idea, friend. Simply put, I have no intention of financially supporting video game development if I'm not going to get a part of the profit.
>>
>>385194547
>I have no intention of financially supporting video game development if I'm not going to get a part of the profit.
so you've never bought a game then?
>>
>>385194620
You know very well what he meant anon. Don't be purposely obtuse.
>>
>>385194189
>Can't publish a game using placeholder copyrighted music

What if it was a completely nonprofit release? You'd still be liable to face lawsuits right?
>>
>>385194971
Free? Dunno, I'd say no but I have no real idea. But we worked hard on it, and even if we weren't stupid enough to quit our jobs or put a remortgage on a house for us to make the game full time we still want something for our hard work.
>>
>>385193836
No. Crowdfunded videogames are a crapshoot.
>>
>>385195191
It can't be that hard to find a composer who will work for cheap.
>>
>>385195424
Well, and this is just what I think, so I'm interested in your thoughts- a game that is funded and successful is going to get more attention than a game that just silently shows up on steam one day, even if fully realized. So a KS would get us exposure AND let us aim higher for a better composer. Because not only can we not pay out of pocket for this good composer, but they already have a portfolio of sorts with a video game. But they're good, so we're in talks and that's who we want.
>>
>>385193836
If it's only the soundtrack then maybe. I need to see gameplay first, then I'll make my decision.
>>
>>385193836
it would be better than nothing
>>
File: Cover.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
Cover.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>385195191
Oh I just remembered. If, for some reason, you can't find a suitable composer in the amount of time you planned,try jamendo. They have (or had, It's been a while since I was last there) a variety of semi-professional quality, royalty-free tracks.

It's where Diablo Swing Orchestra released their first album.
>>
>>385196239
Hey, thanks. Definitely gonna go take a look at that.
>>
>>385194062
>implying any game is finished these days
>>
Yeah, if it's goal was like $2000 or less.
Seriously, just go on fiver and pay some indian guy $10 to make a song
>>
>>385194620
You and your semantics.

I'll buy a finished game, but I won't give the developer money if all they can give me at the time of the transaction is the suggestion that their game may be completed at some arbitrary point in the future.
>>
No.
It's not excuse for extra money and or delays.
I have done soundtracks myself to many projects and if there is one thing musicians don't need, its the whole "In need to work on this fulltime". You don't. Anyone saying they need it is just a lazy fuck who can't manage their time.
You get a small cut of sales after its out in the market and selling so no money for a "soundtrack" is needed while in development.
If someone is telling you otherwise, they are just some cheap hack.
>>
>>385193836
Man, I don't even buy most finished games, why would I want to buy an unfinished one?
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.