[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been 4 years since Breaking Bad ended. One of the greatest

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: bbad.jpg (34KB, 665x375px) Image search: [Google]
bbad.jpg
34KB, 665x375px
It's been 4 years since Breaking Bad ended. One of the greatest shows ever created.

Who else would like to see a Video Game adaption happen in the next few years? Who should develop it?
>>
You can't make a vidya of that series without copying GTA
>>
don't give them ideas.
>>
roleplayers already do that shit on gta
>>
>>385192990
So...Rockstar automatically gets to develop it?

It could be good if done right.

>Meth delivery missions
>Meth cooking skills
>Shootouts
>Stealth Missions

I'd like to see the story continue after Walter's death. What ever happened to Pinkman? It would be awesome to play as Jessie.
>>
>>385192961
Payday 2 already had a meth lab mission same with GTA V.

If their was an adaptation it should be made by that factorio dev team so you can spend 40 hours creating the most efficient and effective meth lab that sustains itself with solar panels.
>>
Is it really that good? I never even bothered to watch it but if it's still on Netflix maybe I'll give it a whirl.
>>
>>385192990
Breaking Bad: A Telltale Series
>>
>>385193016
I'm talking about a cinematic experience along the lines of TLOU but much deeper with better gameplay.

Playing from the perspective of Jessie throughout the entire game could give it potential.
>>
>>385193172
Pretty good. Slows down a bit in the 3rd season, but overall worth watching.
>>
File: bro.jpg (108KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
bro.jpg
108KB, 960x540px
It would have to be done right
>>
>>385192961
Play Max Payne 3 if you want to play as some aging white bald dude with a goatee
>>
File: Y3hteVJ.jpg (21KB, 527x600px) Image search: [Google]
Y3hteVJ.jpg
21KB, 527x600px
BB is alright but Sopranos is better and AMC doesn't treat shows that well.

>Walking Dead is reran to hell and back
>gets its own spinoff nobody wanted
>The Killing is sold to Netflix and dies a slow death
>Low Winter Sun was their potential The Wire cop drama but advertises as after Breaking Bad the show then canceled because it didn't catch on
>Hell on Wheels was pretty great
>Mad Men was great
>stopped watching Preacher
>Better Call Saul works better as a Mike series still pretty good
>>
Breaking Bad by Platinum Games
>>
>>385193172
>starts with a hook
>boring shit
>oh fugg cliffhanger :DD
>next episode's hook is cliffhanger resolution
>more boring shit
>rinse
>repeat

It's not good.
>>
>>385193980
I'm on ep. 8 of Sopranos and just started watching this week, it is amazing so far.
>>
>>385192961
God no. Leave the show alone.
>>
>>385192961
Breaking Bad is a narrative-heavy series. Video games are really bad at telling stories because no matter how easy the game is somebody is going to get stuck and be unable to fully experience it.
>>
>>385193086
Telltale version of Breaking Bad?
Choices n' shit

but of course we all know the choices are an illusion because Telltale
>>
>>385193176
this is sadly about the only way to go at it. going with the GTA formula just doesn't fit the bill if Walt's the central character here. Even if you do get to play as other action heavy characters, it kinda feels like a cheap last minute add-on if we're gonna watch Heisenberg's rise to infamy.
>>
>>385193176
We all know this is what would actually happen.

But seriously, anybody who thinks a Breaking Bad video game is a good idea is a fucking moron who missed the point of the series entirely. Cooking meth and shootouts and shit aren't the point. The meth is just a vehicle used to start Walt on his path and shit like the shootouts and having to kill people and evade suspicion are all byproducts of his choices. The final product is the character development that results from these consequences and how it effects the next choices the characters, Walt and Jesse in particular, make. The meat and potatoes of the series is the story and character development and there really isn't any way to tie that to gameplay outside of TellTale's tired visual novel formula. Focusing on the meth cooking as a gameplay element is pointless because the show never really dwells on Walt learning to cook. We never see him honing his recipe or anything, he just starts off instantly good at it because he knows the chemistry. You can't really focus on the meth empire portion because Walt and Jesse's decisions are what drive the empire forward, bring it to a standstill, or cause it to come crashing down, not the evolution of their management skills. These decisions are so linear and can't be boiled down into some tycoon management minigame. Using shootouts would be boring and pointless because the ones from the show are pretty much always on a stationary scale and often don't involve too many people, thus they would generally be over far too quickly. Same shit with stealth.

The only way you could make a game out of these elements is to essentially remove the original story and shift the focus to a set of original characters, removing the focus on character development and shifting it to building an empire. It can't be a game about Walt or Jesse's story because those stories don't translate into a game.
>>
How bout a game as the grizzly bald operator instead?
>>
>>385192961
Morality system in the game. If you keep becoming a drug lord the game becomes harder in difficulty or some shit but your fambam hates you more/quicker. I don't know, man. It's never going to happen tho.
>>
>>385193980
lol whatever happened to Hell on Wheels? It was pretty good, then Common went nuts. I stuck around afterwards but kinda felt like they forced his wife into the spotlight. But I guess that was the point since she clearly was something special with those fucking navaho tats.
>>
>>385196703
then it'd be no more than a cheap cash grab at a brand. much worse when it turns out to be a terribly bad game.

heck, they may as well attempt at making a franchise unrelated to BB. good or bad, at the very least it won't play with people's expectation of a BB game.
>>
>>385197252
Better Call Saul is a spin off and it's great.
>>
>>385196838
>lol whatever happened to Hell on Wheels?
it actually ran its course and concluded. it was such a bizarre show because each season finale always felt like a series finale and the plot just got so wacky. i'm still amazed it lasted as long as it did.

>>385193980
don't forget about rubicon, RIP
>>
>>385192961
>press x to cook meth
>>
>>385192961
Breaking Bad I think at least wouldn't be fun to play. Plus they'd fuck up the narrative and flow of the show somehow. Let the damn show rest.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.