[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw kill vivic cause he's a cunt >'the thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 9

File: IMG_9515.jpg (32KB, 418x352px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9515.jpg
32KB, 418x352px
>tfw kill vivic cause he's a cunt
>'the thread of prophecy has been severed, bla bla bla persist in this doomed world'
>find this nigga in an underground cave on the edges of the map
>he enables you to complete the main quest even without vivec
>tfw the game doesn't hint at this or direct you for this at all

This is what I love about morrowind.

Any other games that do stuff like this?
>>
>>385182446
what

explain
>>
File: IMG_9510.jpg (30KB, 342x430px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9510.jpg
30KB, 342x430px
>>385183349
>he doesn't know
>>
>>385183349
Morrowind lets you kill essential npcs but warns you that doing so blocks completion of the main quest. The thing is that even though Vivec is marked as essential, you can actually finish the main quest after killing him if you go to Yagrum. He's really the only one that can be killed without totally blocking you out of the main quest completion, so it could be taken either as developer oversight or a fault in how objects are labeled and categorized in Morrowind.
>>
File: 5pda4o3hmgzk.jpg (80KB, 600x721px) Image search: [Google]
5pda4o3hmgzk.jpg
80KB, 600x721px
>you will never be a big fat faggot diseased fedora tipping metal legged nigger elf faggot who gets forever cucked out of eternal enlightenment by your alpha wizard friend who locks you in his basement with a bunch of zombies while he sits upstairs and bangs a harem of sister clone wives he wizarded into existence while you sit downstairs and rot and be fat as shit
>>
File: 568oLo2.jpg (252KB, 1056x723px) Image search: [Google]
568oLo2.jpg
252KB, 1056x723px
>>385184018
I mean, that's better than becoming the skin of a giant bronze gundam desu

At least you can get your occasional adventurer to talk to and show them the truth about the gods
>>
>>385183349
CHIM
>>
File: 1490023780742.jpg (16KB, 376x260px) Image search: [Google]
1490023780742.jpg
16KB, 376x260px
is vivek a dwemer?
>>
File: viv.png (558KB, 637x469px) Image search: [Google]
viv.png
558KB, 637x469px
>>
>>385182446
only real telvanni niggas know
>>
You don't even need Wraithguard, if you can soak and heal through the mortal wound.
>>
>>385182446
Oh sweet i was going to make a thread related to this topic slightly.

Is it lore friendly to kill vivec? Everywhere says its possible it couldve happened, but shouldnt baar dau fall once he dies?
>>
>>385184453
No, he is a chimer. The dunmer used to be chimer, gold skinned elves like the altmer, but Azura cursed them all when the Tribunal stole power from the Heart of Lorkhan.
>>
>>385183979
>so it could be taken either as developer oversight

Wut. It's like basically a second hidden unlisted mainquest

You probably prefer everything to have labels that point you in the right direction.
>>
File: image.png (789KB, 851x710px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
789KB, 851x710px
>>385182446
isnt that the "friday night" guy?
>>
>>385184649
Is azura a good daedra or a bad daedra
>>
>>385183979
That's kind of wrong, though. As far as I can remember, you can still find Sunder and Keening on your own and kill Dagoth/The Heart. At worst, even if you don't have Wraithguard, you'll be damaged by Keening but with HoT spell or potions it's manageable.

You will miss a lot of the story, though, but you can still complete it even if you kill nearly everyone, from Caius to Vivec.
>>
>>385184649
The tribunal was cursed as well, but they had god powers to counteract it, technically they are still dunmer.
>>
>>385184745
>daedra
>good
>bad
>>
>>385184642
It's pretty lore friendly, since the Fall of the Tribunal is something that's going to happen and one trigger-happy Nerevarine can just interpret "fall" as in "kill all three".

People usually kill Vivec after they're done with the main quest though
>>
>>385184649
Vivec half cured himself of her curse, almalexia fully cured herself and sotha sil didn't give a fuck and fucked off to make robots
>>
>>385184745
According to Dunmer religion, yes. She also guides you throughout Morrowind's main quest
>>
>>385184745
Good daedra. She cares for her followers and aside from cursing the tribunal she does not work to oppose them actively
>>
>>385184745
Daedra are Daedra, the care fuck-all about mortals unless it benefits them to do so
>>
>>385184745
She's good in the sense that she doesn't actively try to fuck you over just because she can.

Be good and you are rewarded with no strings attached, be bad and you're in for a world of hurt.
>>
>>385184825
I know vivec is supposed to die sooner or later, but i thought the fall of baar dau was directly caused by his death. To kill him in game but not suffer those consequences seems strange, does it not? Or does vivec maintain some metaphysical presense to continue holding it?
>>
File: 1481534717508.jpg (91KB, 750x993px) Image search: [Google]
1481534717508.jpg
91KB, 750x993px
What's a good build for a redoran playthrough, you filthy outlanders? I want to take two weapon skills, block, alchemy, mysticism, maybe enchanting. You reckon I'll need a ranged attack? Thinking I'll go spear and either axe or short blade, though I don't really know any weapons of either sort
>>
>>385185053
Leveled my spear to max this current playthrough but desu long sword is always the best. They have the highest enchant value of all weapons and also have the coolest designs (hopesfire, trueflame).
>>
>>385183979
>developer oversight
More of a hidden back door
That one nord in a cave is an oversight though, his death also prompts the doomed world message but yes meaningless
>>
>>385182446
so from this pic alone did the dwemer get so advanced that they got lazy and fat and let their machines do everything. Like wall-E
>>
>>385185938
No, the guy in the pic got infected with a disease that turns its victims into fat atheists
>>
>>385182446

>game lies to you about a fail state

wow such good design
>>
>>385185007
No, Vivec's death means Baar Dau crashing into VVanderfell, which is why people kill him once they're done with the game.

The reason why that doesn't happen in-game is probably because the devs didn't want to spend resources making a cutscene just in case someone kills Vivec, Beth was on the brink of closing down during the entire development of Morrowind.
>>
>>385185938
No, he's infected with a plague called Corprus that basically turns you into an immortal mindless creature. I haven't played it in ages so I can't remember why it didn't affect his mind.
>>
>>385186060
Nah, it makes them go insane, & immortal. He's, & the neravine just don't get affected the same.
>>
>>385185053
For weapon skills, Blunt and Spears are the way to go as far as Lore/RP go.
>>
>>385186204
Doesnt that fact confirm nerevarine did not kill vivec then? He supposedly went to akavir after the events of the game so something else must have happened to vivec.
>>
>>385186204
>>385186526
Also, on that note. What is the explanation behind baar daus stasis still being maintained after vivec loses his divinity?
>>
>>385186691
He doesn't lose all of his divinity right away. The faith of his followers sustains just enough of his old divinity for him to do a few essential godlike things, at least for a while.
>>
>>385186204
I thought Vivec disappeared since he shows up in that acid-dream kirkbride wrote.
>>
>>385186526
We don't exactly know what happened to Vivec since after Morrowind nobody mentions him ever again but I highly doubt Azura would let him live.

>>385186691
That's explained in the "Infernal City" novel after Vivec is gone the magic that held Baar Dau in place starts to weaken, Dunmer creates a soul-powered engine that keeps the Ministry of Truth afloat, shit happens and the engine is destroyed, causing Red Mountain to go boom.
>>
File: morrowind.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
morrowind.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>>
>>385186481
>blunt
gross
>>
>>385187748
>people don't realize you miss when you have no stamina
Should've rolled unarmed endurance build you gaywad
>>
>>385185007
Directly but it was delayed. The spells/powers holding it up didn't just vanish when Vivec died/disappeared, but they rapidly began to fail. The Temple created a 40k-tier soul device that they sacrificed to in order to maintain whatever it was Vivec did to the rock. It gets destroyed and what little bit of the magic they were maintaining failed, so the rock regained its original momentum and slammed into the city at terminal velocity.
>>
>>385187748
>no stamina
>blames the game for missing
stamina ties into every facet of combat
no stamina = you're going to be shit
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.