[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright /v/ I'm at a crossroads and need to decide the fate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 80
Thread images: 14

File: IMG_1682.jpg (113KB, 1046x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1682.jpg
113KB, 1046x627px
Alright /v/ I'm at a crossroads and need to decide the fate of Nevada. Who should I side with? Present your most convincing arguements.
>>
NCR would eventually turn into an authoritarian government and collapse

Yes Man would follow the same fate, after the courier was killed or assassinated

Mr. House is an old coot trying to force his old vision on vegas and keep the 1% high and tight

all in all, bernie for president, go legion!!!
>>
>>385182274
Though House is a bit of a megalomaniac nutjob, wouldn't his understanding of advanced technology help raise standards of living?
>>
>>385182489
Only for those inside his sphere of influence, which is to say The Strip itself, from which he would likely try to handpick people to advance his cause.
>>
House is the correct choice.
>>
The House is always right.
>>
Legion, it will assimilate all "tribes" then it will fall and humanity and finally stop being retarded and move on, then BOS will give their tech to everybody again and everybody is happy.
>>
NCR every time. House cannot be fucking trusted to be fair, Legion is a bunch of backwards fuckwretches pretending to be civilized, and Independent is way too weak of a presiding government to ever last any meaningful amount of time.
>>
>>385183372
But he would raise standards of living more than the other three factions.
The Legion would lower standards of living because they kill everyone (and the legion would fall apart at Edward Sallow's death).
Independant Vegas would devolve into a shitty anarchy filled with violence, crime, and local factions vying for power.
The NCR would end up with a similar fate to an independent Vegas because they've overextended themselves and can't deal with governing all that fucking land with their shitty bureaucracy . The NCR would 1. Fall apart from the inside trying to deal with all their land 2. Be really light rulers, which wouldn't do anything for standards of living 3. Become very dictatorial and end up inciting an uprising
>>
>>385184247
>Independant Vegas would devolve into a shitty anarchy filled with violence, crime, and local factions vying for power.
Maybe your courier is incompetent but mine isn't.
>>
Who else has noticed the similarity of NV's endings to Deus Ex's endings?
>>
NCR and Legion are army states. Mojave will constantly be in battles for more and more territory. You join the cause, or you are exiled or executed as an enemy of the state.

Yes Man, while turning the Mojave into nomadic territories, will eventually bring the already horrible conditions of the Mojave down even farther.

Mr. House, while he's a total dick, has a great understanding of technology and politics. The Mojave Renaissance starts with New Vegas. As time progresses, medical advances help the surrounding settlements. Purification of water and air rids radiation of the land. Advancements in weapons make dealing with mutants, deathclaws, and the cock sucking cazadores trivial.

This will take decades, but in the end...the House always wins.
>>
>>385182120
House: Gay
NCR: Gay
Yourself: Gay
Ceasar: Not Gay

Caesar.
>>
>start honest hearts dlc
>insert three characters
>have them die at the first minute of the game
>fetch this thing and go back to the mojave
Nice fucking "content" vegababs.
>>
>>385184591
>House: Gay
Robosexual isn't gay, dude. It's the final stage of atheism.
>>
>>385182120
I've killed these with just a 10mm pistol and a caravan shotgun on the hardest difficulty. /v/ is really bad at video games.
>>
File: TRUE Fallout rankings PLUS.png (3MB, 1991x3273px) Image search: [Google]
TRUE Fallout rankings PLUS.png
3MB, 1991x3273px
>>
NCR is incompetent and won't make it work
Caesar is awful, trying to justify murder and slavery just makes you an autistic retard. Maybe it'd be better if Obsidian had the chance to flesh them out, it'd be more viable. But that's a different discussion and ultimately it didn't happen.
So do you trust yourself or Mr House more? That is the question you have to answer.
>>
>>385184951
how many stims, antidotes, consumables?
>>
>>385184951
*tip riot helmet*
>>
>>385185059
None really

I will concede to deliberately fucking with their pathing though
>>
File: jameson is okay with this.jpg (41KB, 493x350px) Image search: [Google]
jameson is okay with this.jpg
41KB, 493x350px
>>385184591
>Ceasar: Not Gay
>sits around in a tent all day surrounded by a bunch of dudes with fist weapons
>not gay
>>
>>385185213
The true reason why he chose rome is because being homo in rome wasn't really homo.
>>
>>385182120
>House
Smart, immortal and built New Vegas. He's clearly capable, what sane reason do you have to kill him? He's willing to tolerate The Followers of the Apocalypse provided they stay out of his way and he's strong enough to cockslap anybody who fucks with him.
>Yes Man
This ending goes as well or as badly as you imagine. Whoever you like lives and everyone else is kill. Succession might be a problem, maybe down the line you can marry Cass and give new vegas to her son.
>NCR
Bunch of useless shitters larping as the USA.
>Legion
Accelerationism is a meme and so is Caesar.
>>
>>385185171
im not even upset by that lol, wp
>>
>>385182120
>NCR
The closest to old world governments. Imperialist, corrupt, bureaucratic, and control freaks. If you're not with them, you're against them, and the bear will maul you until you reconsider. However they're the overall safest and most reliable source of civilization and can accomplish a lot of good. As long as you don't piss a brahmin baron off.

>Legion
People must all work together, by force if necessary, to make their society great. There's no corruption, greed, wasted time, and no sense of self. Everything you do is for your leader/people. Morals are for the weak and slaves are the source of manpower and labor. Everyone conquered by them loses their culture as they are indoctrinated into the legion war machine. There's order and stability, as long as you play along. However, putting all their faith and trust in their king is their biggest downfall, as without a worthy successor to lead, they would have no direction and crumble.

>Mr House
Only a few people are worthy to lead and control mankind. The rest are just tools for progress. Those who he deems worthy will be allowed to flourish in an autocracy of technological marvels, plentiful resources, and no hardships or danger. It's also the only faction that will lead to actual progress in science and technology, and will move on forward, while the rest emulate the old world. All of this comes at a cost though. If you're a lowly tribal, a commoner, low class, a farmer, or anyone that's not lucky enough to be born in the strip or from a rich family, you'll live in shit and be forced to support the elite with money and labor, while they reap all the benefits

>Independent
A dice roll. No telling if it will work out or not. The least stable and least safe option. You are the only person capable of deciding how good or evil you will make the wasteland, but even them, you'll have no control over whether anarchy or order will reign. You are putting your faith in the people and hoping it will work out.
>>
>>385184750
Dead Money, Lonesome Road, and Old World Blues were fucking awesome. Honest Hearts was a gay fetch quest
>>
>>385182120
>not nuking the west and east
>>
I don't remember
>House won't protect poorfags in the outskirts
>>
>>385185503
natural selection at work, in a few generations the outskirters will be unstoppable survival machines capable of killing Cazadores with their bare hands.
>>
>>385184963
Excuse the fuck out of me. Did you just Fallout 4 (The Sims edition)â„¢ at the top of your list. That game was normie trash with three copy pasted endings.
>>
House while leaving NCR in the best position possible to be able to reform
>>
>>385185213
Kek
>>
File: 1490881858723.png (159KB, 255x255px) Image search: [Google]
1490881858723.png
159KB, 255x255px
>>385185213
>>
>>385185648
It's clearly b8 anon
>>
>>385184334

The ending slides say everything goes to shit though, even with good karma/perfect factions. It doesn't matter your couriers headcanon, it literally drops a video in front of you telling you it all goes to shit.
>>
>>385185736
I know. Just really gets me pissed when people rag on New Vegas. Lots of people toss it away as a shitty cash grab by Obsidian and Bethesda. IMO best 3D fallout game
>>
>>385184963
>zeta and bos

>mfw nailed to the walls of Hoover dam, facing my sides so I can watch them die
>>
>>385184334
Please, tell me more about your fanfic plot that you've concocted about how you wish the Independent ending "should've" gone.
>>
>>385185395

We at least got the Randall Clark entries out of it.
>>
>>385184750
That only happens if you murder one of the named characters. It is mostly fetchquests anyway but there's abbot of combat and a reasonably cool final battle thrown in if you don't.
>>
>>385182274
A. upload Yes Man to the House mainframe of all sentry bots with the upgraded version 2.0. Boom, you got an army that can protect the people.
B. Create a manifesto of rules for Yes Man to forever rule by, as an infallible way of life ever adapting to the changes.
This would take time as this shit could be super arguable, and a true, philosophically sound constitution would need to be made.
C. If not B, dying isn't an issue. Kick House out of his chamber and get in if you *really* need to make sure you can adapt endlessly to what the people need.
>>
File: tarantula hawk.jpg (123KB, 800x612px) Image search: [Google]
tarantula hawk.jpg
123KB, 800x612px
I GOT SPURS THAT JINGLE JANGLE JINGLE
>>
>>385187236
Yes Man is programmed to do the bidding of anyone who talks to him, so this would last about as long as it would take for the Followers to finish hacking into the system
>>
>>385187236
Did you just not read the ending slides? They say everything goes to shit except for a few factions, even if you save them all.
>>
File: House.png (89KB, 399x382px) Image search: [Google]
House.png
89KB, 399x382px
>>385187897
>implying you don't slaughter the followers, as a preemptive measure.
>>
>>385188091
Yes, but years ago when I played it last.
I'm just head cannoning here in the thread what I would prolly do.
>>385187897
Damn.. I could protect Yes Man in the room with me still so no one could physically get to him. And if they DID, I could just reupload my new Yes Man, so what's the problem?

It's like the Turing machine, senpai. They can't keep up when all I have to say is "oh they hacked us again? Yes Man. Ignore them, do this again."
>>
>>385182274
>>385182274

>trusting the faction that is too lazy to go into the bunker with the chip themselves
>I guess that boom was you doing what I wanted, I won't check it out though, even though it is literally ten feet away from my tent
>>
File: d33.gif (405KB, 499x360px) Image search: [Google]
d33.gif
405KB, 499x360px
>>385182120
There was one New Vegas run, possibly my first. I saw a BIG fucking group of Cazadors. I backpedaled and alerted a town full of fucked up gunners. So I shot near one of the Caz's and the entire group rushed me, THEN I ran straight through the thugs and ducked away while both groups took each other out.

>it was glorious.
>>
>>385182120
>not rushing OWB and fucking them up
shiggy diggy doo
>>
>>385182120

Nuke them all
>>
>tfw when reading up on the cazador files in big mountain you had no idea a tarantula hawk was a specific insect, mimicing cazadors, and not an actual bird hawk, and tarantula morphed together instead..

I didn't even know tarantula hawks were a thing till last week. I just thought the absolute mad man took a tarantula, and a hawk, and tried to fuse it together.
>>
File: FNV_Mr_House_Screen.png (267KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
FNV_Mr_House_Screen.png
267KB, 800x500px
>>385182120
>>385182274
Mr. House will protect you. Mr. House will advance civilization. Mr. House will colonize the fucking MOON. Mr. House is the most objective and insightful person in the Mojave and is the only individual fit to rule. Trust Mr. House.
>>
>>385184591
>yourself: Gay

Hmm
>>
>>385184334
>m-my character has 10 INT! A-and they're immortal!
fuck off with this shit
>>
>>385189025
You went north of good springs into the Cazador shit hole, then went through Bonnie springs, & then to red rock canyon.
>>
>>385185846
The Courier, with the aid of Yes Man, drove both the Legion and the NCR from Hoover Dam, securing New Vegas' independence from both factions. With Mr. House out of the picture, part of the Securitron army was diverted to The Strip to keep order. Any chaos on the streets was ended, quickly. Chaos became uncertainty, then acceptance, with minimal loss of life. New Vegas assumed its position as an independent power in the Mojave.

Chaos became uncertainty, then acceptance, with minimal loss of life. New Vegas assumed its position as an independent power in the Mojave.

>minimal loss of life.
>New Vegas assumed its position as an independent power in the Mojave.
>>
File: The End.jpg (270KB, 1680x1050px) Image search: [Google]
The End.jpg
270KB, 1680x1050px
>>385189280
Great DLC
>>
>>385189906

And with good karma and independent vegas courier slide:

Supporting the ideals of independence, the Courier was recognized as the man/woman responsible for a truly free New Vegas. He/she ensured Mr. House's tyranny was broken and neither Caesar's Legion nor NCR would ever gain control over New Vegas.
>>
>>385189537
I hope in a future sequel we get some story or hints on what happened to mr. house
>>
File: 1447653394959.jpg (84KB, 405x727px) Image search: [Google]
1447653394959.jpg
84KB, 405x727px
>>385182120
Watching degenerates nailed on a cross should be the only argument you need.
>>
File: Sgt Dornan.png (158KB, 300x242px) Image search: [Google]
Sgt Dornan.png
158KB, 300x242px
>>385189537
This desu the only other acceptable answer would be Enclave, but you can't do that
>>385189732
Only 10 intel? You can get max special, by end game.....
>>
>>385190154
That would mean Bethesda would have to consider New Vegas (along with everything else on the west coast) canon and pertinent to the franchise, which they don't. It would also mean they would have to make a canon ending to NV, because House can be killed in game.
>>
>>385190251
>max special by end game
Not possible without cheating or mods. Assuming you took 10 END everything else would be 5, taking every implant and the Intense Training perk 10 times would further your stats to 7 in each stat and 10 END.
>>
>>385190251
>>385190724
Forgot about traits. If you take small frame and four eyes your SPECIAL could look like this:
S-7
P-9 (with glasses)
E-10
C-7
I-7
A-8
L-7
There are also a couple traits that give + or - 1 to your special depending on time or location but I'm not counting those because they're shitty traits.
>>
>>385190101
>>385189906
You just cherry picked the best slides. Look at the individual fates of factions/towns etc
>>
File: 1421203322567.jpg (47KB, 558x564px) Image search: [Google]
1421203322567.jpg
47KB, 558x564px
>95% chance to hit person's head in VATS
>point-blank range
>using a .357 revolver
>miss
THAT'S XC, er, FALLOUT, BABY!
>>
File: 1440315245736.jpg (53KB, 474x595px) Image search: [Google]
1440315245736.jpg
53KB, 474x595px
>>385190019
>nuking them has no effect on the ending of the game, but only the DLC's ending
>mfw the Planet of the Apes reference
>>
>>385182274
>NCR is going to collapse soon, says increasingly nervous legionnaire for the twentieth straight year in a row
>>
>>385191594
Use the 5mm assault carbine gra.
Aim at cizordor head
9 perception 10 luck head shot 100 in guns.
Vats 2% chance to hit.
Do it any way all bullets hit its head and it drops from the edge of vats range.
Works every time.
I don't even know how vats works any more.
>>
>>385191594
>using VATS
>>
>>385192015
>he unironically uses the shitty gunplay
WeW
>>
>>385182120
side with the cazadors. they're cute :3
>>
>>385189537
I hope he's the canon ending if they make new vegas 2
>>
>>385192413
I'm pretty sure you're a cazador.
>>
File: cazadore threads.png (49KB, 1260x876px) Image search: [Google]
cazadore threads.png
49KB, 1260x876px
>>385192413
fuck off you disgusting insect
>>
>>385192537
>>385192489
actually I'm a chaurus. just looking out for my cousins
>>
>>385190724
You start with 40 points tho. There are 10 points from training, 7 from implants, 1 from LR, 2 from gears. But with early bird trait you can have 10 in everything in the morning.
>>
>>385192609
randomly stumbling upon that chaurus reaper lair in that frozen lighthouse was about the only memorable thing from that game
>>
>>385182120
anything House can do, you can do better and secure yourself more allied tribes in the process
Thread posts: 80
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.