[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How would you design a multiplayer game for people who work full

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 2

File: 1500937074607.jpg (2MB, 2500x1667px) Image search: [Google]
1500937074607.jpg
2MB, 2500x1667px
How would you design a multiplayer game for people who work full time and rarely have time to spend playing? Let's say they can get 1hr per day, tops, perhaps 2 on weekends.

And no mobile shit.
>>
Just my opinion, but you can really get a lot out of playing Overwatch for 1 hour a day. It's a good game to pick up and play because you don't really have to unlock anything.
>>
>>385182428
okay so no unlocks, doubleclick to start takes minimal time

however it's class based and classes and counters take time to learn
>>
video games are a luxury for people who have the time to spare

go back to work, wagecuck and pay your taxes so I can buy more vidya with my autismbux
>>
>>385181994
You need an endgame like GW1, where reaching a complete character takes a moderate amount of time, but you can always go full autismo and try to collect 1000+ skills and 50+ cosmetic sets, when you only need like 10 skills and 1 set to be end game viable. And they even offered an alternate progression system through pvp where you could buy skills just pvping instead of aventuring.

I'm not saying make GW1, just the system, the way it works. Nowadays everything is a linear progression system on a threadmill with daily/weekly lockouts, this is stupid and it's not fun it just forces people to play or become addicted. What games need is major variety, complex metagaming that can't be figured out by some autist in beta testing, If someone gets end game ready in 1 month of casual play, but there's 300 ways to customize his character, there it will be very hard for people to figure out how everything works and define what's the absolute best combination of everything.

So people like to be a fire nunchucks monkey chaos priest, and someone wants to be a dual shield amazon lawful warrior, and no one has a clue on which one is better, so be it, let them have adventures together for thousands of random treasures that have an actual value, and remove the blatant power creep that builds min maxer elitist and ostracizes the casual crowd.
>>
it's called pubg
>>
>>385181994
I would design it like fortnite. The grind is long slow and cancerous, but you can just buy everything.
>>
>>385181994
fighting games or shooters
>>
>>385182567
Not really, you will probably pick up that the big characters are not as easy to kill as the small ones pretty quickly
>>
>>385181994
PUBG is exactly the game.
>>
>>385182567
yeah, but it's easy to get into it quickly with characters like soldier, lucio, orisa, junkrat, etc. and it will give you enough experience to expand to others.
>>
YOU JUST KEEP ON PUSHING MY LOVE
OVER THE BORDERLINE
>>
>>385183338
this
>>
>>385181994
Multiplayer team objective-based shooter. Matchmaking system that lets player hop into games mid-match. There would only be one point to win, and it's capture the flag or something similar. Players get assigned to their team to even out the K/D ratios, but there is no team swapping in a match and no manual switching between one match and the next when you stay in a lobby. The assets and such would have to be pretty low-tier so that everything loads quickly for casuals that don't have good gaming rigs and it works for all consoles. There is absolutely no in-game text or voice chat, only a few pre-made callouts. The game is, however, designed to let Discord match you with teammates so people that want voice can do that. You can form parties with friends, but you get a small bonus to your effective K/D ratio because you will be almost guaranteed to be a more effective team. There are absolutely zero game-related bonuses unlocked by playing, only cosmetics. Weapons spawn in the same place every time on each map. There are a few weapons with zero RNG spread, and some that do have RNG spread.

The idea is to make it virtually impossible for a competitive scene to arise, and give no incentive to players that play a lot other than them "gittin gud". This means they will be on more or less equal footing with newer players, but have still have the advantage their skill affords them.
>>
>>385181994
Aren't rocket league, Overwatch, and an assortment of other easy to learn hard to master games prime examples?
>>
Something that has a cellphone app feature that you turn on during work hrs downtime and then it translates into gameplay when you have time to do it
>>
>>385186534
I think that's exactly right, and completely intentional on the developers' part.
>>
I wouldn;t. Video games are for kids. Adults should be working and maybe raising families if they're okay with being a cuck.
>>
File: 1395547196479.jpg (21KB, 393x360px) Image search: [Google]
1395547196479.jpg
21KB, 393x360px
>>385181994
Why do people think working a full time job is a good excuse to not have time to do things?

I work two full time jobs and still have plenty of time to play video games, get at least 6 hours of sleep; and spend at least one night out with friends/coworkers
>>
>>385181994
Just remake quake with different guns. Games are short, dedicated servers means no downtime waiting for a game, and you can leave when you need to.
>>
>>385187305
>I'm a Millenial and I Will Die Alone Starter Pack
>>
>>385188393
Welcome to life between the ages of 25-35 in 2017 friendo. How's your sophomore year of college looking?
>>
>>385188539
I never finished college, I'm 34 and have ample savings to live comfortably.

Enjoy your wageslaving.
>>
>>385186534
>Overwatch
>hard to master
Hello Jeff
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.