[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!! >MGO2 for OFW will be pub

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: savemgo2.png (160KB, 588x288px) Image search: [Google]
savemgo2.png
160KB, 588x288px
IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING!!!

>MGO2 for OFW will be publicly released on Thursday the 27th, some time around 8pm EST (28th 1:00 GMT). Download links for prep coming soon.

>https://twitter.com/savemgo/status/888700123580125185

are you guys fucking ready?!
>>
>>385180462
Explain how this works, he's saying it runs on OFW meaning your PS3 doesn't need to be hacked. I don't understand how this is possible.

I'm probably stupid and uninformed, which is why I'm asking. Please explain?
>>
>>385180462
>still desperately hanging on to the MG franchise
Lamo, sad
>>
>>385180743
I'm assuming it has something to do with connecting to a specific server, but I never played MGO2 so I don't know how it works.
>>
>>385180743
you need a copy of mgs4 which you can get for dirt cheap and a usb stick thats 8gb or more.
there will be full detailed instructions on release
im so excited for this.
been following the savemgo projects since 2012, before mgo1 got revived.
once mgo2 singleplayer happened, I knew mgo2 was gonna be revived somehow.

now all my ofw buddies and maybe the old /v/ clan can start playing again
>>
FUCKING FINALLY

MY body is ready as fuck to play the best operator dress up game ever.
>>
File: BLJM60082.jpg (960KB, 2000x1080px) Image search: [Google]
BLJM60082.jpg
960KB, 2000x1080px
If I want to play with my European friend am I gonna have to send him a US copy of the game?
>>
>>385180980
Why not just play the latest MGO? I mean none of them actually play like stealthy tacticool games once multiplayer is introduced, and as shitty as the story and execution of MGSV was, it's core mechanics and gameplay are good. I really don't see the point of this.
>>
>>385181607
The latest MGO is a piece of shit, and also dead.
>>
>>385181607
The core gameplay is a step down from MGS4, despite what it introduced
>>
>>385181607
It sucks.
>>
File: OldSnake.jpg (15KB, 300x277px) Image search: [Google]
OldSnake.jpg
15KB, 300x277px
>>385180462
MGO2 is the best, can't wait for this, hopefully it's true.
>>
>>385181963
I wonder how much control they have over the servers. Like, could they unlock more weapons from single player for use online? I pretty much would never play anything else.
>>
>>385181714
>>385181794
What makes MGO2 any different than MGO3?
>>
>>385182491
nostalgiafags
>>
>>385182491
MGSV's gameplay doesn't really work in multiplayer, MGS4's slower, more stealth focused gameplay makes for matches that amount to more than just "point at the guy and fire bullets until enough land", on top of that, the game modes in MGSV's online really just... suck. Defend the balloon! Shoot the other guys! uh...steal the disc!

MGS4 has a lot of different game modes, including my favorite one, where one person plays as snake with stealth camo and everyone else tries to hunt him down while he has to isolate individuals and take them out without being spotted. It's just a much better put together game overall.
>>
>>385182491
MGO3 feels less realistic and there's less gameplay options overall.
>>
>>385182491
They're literally nothing alike except for the name.
>>
>>385181714
>>385181724
>>385181794
How so, gonna be honest and say I never played any of them for that long. To me turning a franchise that is about not being runnygunny into a multiplayer game in which all you are doing is running and gunning was simply too much too handle. I honestly believe swat4 and rainbow are the only 2 games that get tacticool multiplayer games right, but that's beside the point.

What is so different/betterin MGO2 compared to the latest one?
>>
>>385180462
What is this?
>>
>>385182710
>MGO2
>all you are doing is running and gunning

Nigga RES and TSNE were the best modes in that game.
>>
>>385182710
It has multiple game modes, and sneaking around with a knife is as viable as running and gunning if you know the maps well enough
>>
>>385180462
I logged over 1000 hours on MGO2 before it shut down. I'm usually just a single player fag but this game clicked with me in ways other online shooters never could and still haven't. Fuck I'm excited if this really works out.

There is literally nothing funner in my years of gaming than trolling enemies as Liquid Ocelot. To relive that alone would make it worth revisiting.
>>
I can't remember if MGO3 had that Snake mode where one person was Snake, one was the Mk. 2 and the rest was hunting Snake. Did it have anything similar?

That mode is what I loved the most about MGO2. I love the fluidity and framerate of MGO3, though.
>>
>>385183972
That was MGO2. MGO3 had nothing similar.
>>
>>385184087
Yeah I know it was MGO2, I was just asking for the latter part of your answer. Thank you.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.