[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

beta delayed for another month, only a few days before MVCI launches.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: 3246448-066597.jpg (151KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3246448-066597.jpg
151KB, 1280x720px
beta delayed for another month, only a few days before MVCI launches. Is arc sys purposely trying to sabotage MVCI's launch?
>>
>>385177942
Reminds me of how Overwatch scheduled their open beta on Battleborn's release date. The fact that Japanese beta will still push through today is proof enough that theyre going for the kill since Marvel is pretty much irrelevant in Japan.
>>
>>385178617
Kek at comparing this scenario to Overwatch vs BB, what a perfect comparison. Arc sys is cutthroat to do this, they really are aiming for Capcom's jugular.
>>
>>385177942
I'm a Capcom fan, but why shouldn't they? Even I won't suck down Infinite, and I'm one of the few that was onboard for Abigail after seeing his trailer. DBfZ looks really good, and DBZ is very normies tier, even my football normies co-workers talk about it a lot, Capcom is gonna be throttled hard.
>>
>>385181016
I hope that with it being delayed maybe we got some new character(s) on the beta.
>>
>>385177942
>Is arc sys purposely trying to sabotage MVCI's launch?
Capcoms already doing a good job of that themselves
>>
>>385181753
Kek. Adding onto this, you'll always get "X IS THE STREET FIGHTER KILLER" memes for Tekken and Guilty Gear that usually fall flat, but DBZ is on another level, I honestly believe it has the potential to fuck Capcom hard on this.
>>
>>385181930
Dragon Ball fans aren't into fighting games, normalfags in general aren't into fighting games.

The game will do well for a fighting game but it won't sell as much as stuff like Xenoverse and all that and a lot of the buyers will stop playing it after they realize it's "hard"
>>
>>385182453
Also, the roster will kill it.

Normalfags don't care about balance, they just want every single dragon ball character. The moment they see the 20 character roster they're bailing out. I've already seen a lot of people lose interest because the trailers had so few characters
>>
File: 1497763711677.jpg (43KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1497763711677.jpg
43KB, 1280x720px
>>385182453
>Dragon Ball fans aren't into fighting games, normalfags in general aren't into fighting games.
I dont think you could be more wrong
>>
>>385182453
So you don't think this can kill MvCI?
>>
>>385182632
no he makes a good point. obviously there are people who like the db series who are hardcore into fgc shit but the majority are casualfags. they want tenkaichi 3 muh 300 character roster and xenoverse OC.
>>
>>385183113
You don't have to be hardcore into fighting games to like them. A huge majority of people that buy them know they aren't going to be competitive at any level but just want to fuck around with their friends. SF4 and Marvel 3 weren't huge successes because of the competitive scene alone.
>>
>tfw registered for the beta anyway
Why don't you have a JP account?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/ja-jp/%e3%82%b2%e3%83%bc%e3%83%a0/%e8%bf%bd%e5%8a%a0%e3%82%a2%e3%82%a4%e3%83%86%e3%83%a0/%e3%83%89%e3%83%a9%e3%82%b4%e3%83%b3%e3%83%9c%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ab-%e3%83%95%e3%82%a1%e3%82%a4%e3%82%bf%e3%83%bc%e3%82%ba-%e3%82%af%e3%83%ad%e3%83%bc%e3%82%ba%e3%83%89%ce%b2%e3%83%86%e3%82%b9%e3%83%88%e5%bf%9c%e5%8b%9f%e5%88%b8/cid=JP0700-CUSA09157_00-CBTET00000000000
>>
>>385183473
Normalfags don't like fighting games, combos are hard.

It's not about fucking around or being competitive, it's just that it's simply more fun to play a few matches of Xenoverse where you can make your OCdonut and do all the cool powers you see in the series without any difficulty
>>
>>385183473
i guess. though i was mostly agreeing with what the guy was saying about how it will do well for a fighter but wont hit xenoverse numbers. still dont see this fucking capcom like the other guy he replied to was suggesting.

>>385182609
i agree with you also
>>
>>385184351
I was kind of hoping for a 20 character roster until I played it at EVO. The characters are pretty fucking shallow so if the roster is that small there are going to be problems.
>>
>>385184347
>Normalfags don't like fighting games, combos are hard
This doesn't matter nor is it true. People still bought up Marvel 3 and the combo system in this game is way easier. You guys really aren't getting how much of a nostalgia pull DBZ has along with how easy the game is to preform basic moves.
>>
>>385185107
>This doesn't matter nor is it true
whatever you want to believe then
>>
>>385184993
do the characters feel samey apart from the beam moves?
>>
>>385185215
You don't fucking see normalfags doing 100 to 0 Vergil combos and Morgan bullet hell but that doesn't stop them from buying the game. DBFZ is literally the same shit behind a franshise that everyone pretends to be huge fans of.
>>
>>385185394
I stayed away from Buu so I can't speak for him, but more-or-less, yeah. Gohan just felt like a weaker version of all the other characters. Frieza was a bit different with his ranged tools, namely the Dr Doom rocks, but you still had to go in.

I'm willing to give them a bit of a benefit of a doubt as they've said that those 6 characters are the "standard" characters, but it's still a 3 button fighter with only crouching, standing and jumping normals. Each character feels very shallow which isn't surprising since it's a 3v3 fighter but I was still underwhelmed. I really hope that, say, Piccolo and Krillin are different.
>>
>>385186059
that was a concern of mine honestly. how do they make other characters feel different from one other and unique? apart from flashy supers dbz characters are really just a barrage of punches and kicks without having a unique fighting style.
>>
>>385187291
So I can speak for Vegeta and Goku especially. The main thing was how good Vegeta's assist. He also had a divekick. Beyond that though? They felt almost identical. Goku's 3bar super I caught a couple of times randomly since it goes behind but that's not going to work long term.

I didn't use the ki blast hardly at all, but that was on me. I just felt like it wasn't worth it since the homing rush autoblocks it. But it's definitely not worthless since I got hit by it a good amount.
>>
>>385177942
>implying this hasn't already been done by capcom themselves
>>
They've come out and said that the first 6 characters are the most generic in terms of gameplay.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.