[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do these games get so much hate? Uncharted and The Last of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_1369.jpg (510KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1369.jpg
510KB, 800x600px
Why do these games get so much hate? Uncharted and The Last of Us are honestly some of my favorite games ever, and in my opinion, are masterpieces.

>inb4 shitty black and white bait memes
>>
Ape Escape loving faggots upset that their irrelevant franchise isn't getting milked, unlike two more successful games.
>>
>gunplay is flat garbage (75% of the game)
>"on the rails" exploration/setpieces
>2 is best game btw
>>
>>385171882
>Why do 2 of the most loved games of the past decade get so much hate?

Ypu spend way too much fucking time on here my friend
>>
where do they get hate? Please dont tell me you're referring to this contrarian shithole full of jaded idiots. you should already know your answer if you were referring to /v/
>>
No idea about Uncharted, but The Last of Us is just a bunch of setpieces one after the other. Not what I'm expecting from a videogame.
>>
>>385171882
Because they are basically movies with a bunch of on rails sequences that are unfun to people who actually like to play games and not digital rollercoasters.

Uncharted 4 took like 2 hours to get to any actual gameplay that wasn't just 'obvious tutorial level that dragged on despite the game being literally the fucking easiest shit'.
>>
>>385171882
Uncharted 4 is one of the worst games I've ever played
>>385172291
100% great post. I liked 2 a lot
>>
>>385171882
You're asking autistic people of /v/ to enjoy fun, non weeb, story oriented cinematic experiences. That just can't happen
>>
>>385172291
>gunplay is flat garbage
Call it simplistic, but it's fun as hell. Especially in TLOU, enemy AI is one of the best I've seen in gaming ever.
>on the rails experience
Like every good story driven game ever? I guess a game isn't good unless it has an open world map the size of a continent and 500+ hours gameplay
>2 is best
Eh, I guess
>>
>>385172659
DELETE THIS RIGHT NOW! YOU CAN'T HAVE FUN! NOT ON MY /V/!!!!
>>
>>385171882
Sony exclusives. That's all you need to know.
>>
>>385171882
They're like Shinji Mikami TPSs with all of the fun replaced with production values. I suppose that's okay if you're a faggot who doesn't actually like video games.
>>
>>385171882

They're incredibly well-made games, and if you want a linear game with awesome graphics, story, and third-person shooter gameplay look no further. In general /v/ doesn't really look for those types of games. They're also the flagship titles for Playstation so hard-core Nintendo and PC fags looking to shitpost have these games in their sights.

Neither U4 or TLOU are my favorite games, but they are masterfully-designed games that know what they're going for and they're the best in the business at what they do.
>>
>>385172808
You're right, you're not allowed to have fun with shit games on /v/
>>385172659
>like ever good story driven game ever?
No, every good story driven game has actual gameplay. The platforming and shootouts of uncharted are so brain dead it really hardly is gameplay. If you cant see a black and white difference between say, uncharted 4 and wolfenstein TNO then you're a complete idiot
>>
>>385175032
There is no masterful gameplay design I'm uncharted 4. Maybe masterful cinematics and presentation, but not masterful gameplay
>>
File: Gears of War 4.webm (2MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Gears of War 4.webm
2MB, 1280x720px
>>385172291
This
Compared to almost any TPS out there, ND's gunplay is so barebones and boring.
Look at Gears, Vanquish, RE4-6, hell even TR has better gunplay.
ND should make a Sleeping Dog like game since the H2H gameplay is so satisfying
>>
>>385171882

Because they're not VN like Vampire Bloodlines or KOTOR.
>>
I worked on both of these games
>>
>>385176997
Uncharted 4 is the only great game in the series and is the best TPS ever made
Someone can just post some gifs of the gameplay, it's so fun and fluid
Gears is just a cover based shooter, Uncharted 4 is about movement and amazing gunplay
>>
>>385176997
>TR has better gunplay

It still has that janky gun pointing not where you're aiming that Uncharted 1 has lol
>>
>>385176657
Uncharted 4 is the best TPS ever made with best level design and gunplay, but you're calling it bland?
What a laughable post
>>
>>385171882

i cant stand cinematic non games. i got bioshock infinite for free and couldnt get through more than 30 minutes of it
>>
>>385177390
>cinematic
Dead rising 2 has cutscenes and a story
So does dead space 2, so does mario sunshine
All of these fall under cinematic
So yea nice buzzword
>>
>>385177517

okay
>>
>>385177263
>Gears is just a cover based shooter
Not online it aint. Gears MP has more movement than UC4 by a mile
>>
>>385171882
>turn the crank and the music will play
>>
>>385172835
/thread
>>
They favour being cinematic experiences over gameplay.
>>
>>385176727

I agree that the gunplay was a step down in a few areas (why can't I throw back grenades in 4 when 3 had it?), but the game kept things fresh with varied level design and some creative puzzle concepts, like that one with the jeep cable and the cave. It's not a perfect game nor does it blow anybody's mind outside of what you've described, but in this general action-adventure genre that Tomb Raider sort of built, they've nailed the formula and U4 remains a great, though flawed example of such.

I guess what I'm trying to get at is that they know better than most since this is the studio that made Uncharted 2, which the latest game tries really damn hard to top, but the little things hold it back, whether it be some pacing issues or just the general stagnation of being the fourth Uncharted game.
>>
>>385171882
the main problem with those games are:
-scripted walking scenes
-heavily restrictive gameplay
-replayability is null and void since all. those. walking. talking. cutscenes.
-ai is garbage.
-stealth is shallow
-shallow combat
-bland characters.

i could go on but i realised i dont fucking care anymore. so yeah. have that halfbaked opinion.
>>
>>385176997
ironically speaking right? the game of that webm has the most robotic motion ive ever seen
>>
The Mary Sue character completely ruined UC4. Of course she gets a stand alone game with Chloe.
>>
>>385171882

test
>>
>>385178915
The motion isn't the point of the webm, the gameplay is, and the gameplay is better than UC's by a landslide
>>
>>385180560
thank you for that opinion, I'll file it with the rest of the evidence you have ;)
>>
>>385172659
>TLOU, enemy AI is one of the best I've seen in gaming ever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BF0EaH73ee4
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.