[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why did this get so much undeserved hate? Was it the chibi artstyle?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

Why did this get so much undeserved hate?

Was it the chibi artstyle? Was it the fact that it was a metroid spin-off?

The game is genuinely fun and well made, I honestly think that if they'd gone with a more serious art direction with realistic looking models, people wouldn't have bitched about it half as much as they did.
>>
>people bitch and moan for a new Metroid game
>this is what they get

Why wouldn't they be pissed? I'm not even a fan of the series and I found this games existence to be annoying.
>>
It's not fun and it's not well-made. It's a terrible game and even worse than Hunters and Other M.
>>
>>385161389
Nintendo is so god damn retarded all they had to do was wait a few months and then announce it with MP4 and Return of Samus. Even if the game is shit people would have given it a chance.
>>
>>385161389
>The game is genuinely fun and well made

This is why people make fun of Nintendo fanboys on here. You're absolutely braindead
>>
>>385163110

Because it's a good game, and its existence doesn't slow down the development of a new Metroid game since it wasn't made by the main studio.

>>385163213

It's actually pretty good. It's basically Prime: co-op edition.

>>385163273

Yeah, Nintendo makes some really dumb moves marketing wise. But honestly, fans are really fucking stupid too. I've been a Metroid fan since Zero Mission was originally released on the GBA, and I've played every game in the series and I chose to give this game a chance, and haven't regretted it, it's actually really neat. I commend them for trying something new instead of justing shoveling more nostalgia down our thorats.
>>
>>385163451

Give me three reasons as to why it is a bad game that aren't related to "b-b-but it wasn't a new metroid"
>>
It was really boring when I played it, it's competently put together and there's some neat lore but the gameplay itself is just completely uninvolving and not really what people look for in Metroid either

It would have been better received with a different visual style and with knowledge SR and MP4 were coming though, would've been more of a "who cares" than the seething rage it drew at its reveal
>>
>>385161389
Everything else aside, the gameplay looked really uninspired. Basically a shittier Triforce Heroes. Bosses looked especially terrible. Maybe the game got better later but I didn't feel like making that gamble.
>>
>>385163569
>the gameplay itself is just completely uninvolving and not really what people look for in Metroid either

The controls are literally a refinement of Prime's.
>>
>>385163707
The thing is that Prime's combat is not good. It's serviceable at best. You can't build a whole game around it. What makes Prime work is the level/world design, exploration, atmosphere, etc. Things that Federation Force is lacking in.
>>
>>385161389
Primefags were mad that it wasn't Prime 4. These are the same people that bitched about Retro making Tropical Freeze instead of another Prime game, despite Tropical Freeze being an amazing game. It didn't help that the artstyle was atrocious and the gameplay was fairly slow.
>>
>>385163707
Yes, that's part of "competently put together", but there's more to a game than that
>>
>>385161389
i look at it as a new metroid game (fuck me) for my surprice it was a spin off and i did not like it (not becuse is a spin off)
>>
>>385163856

>The thing is that Prime's combat is not good. It's serviceable at best.

Hm, nice OPINIONS.

Prime had a shit load of combat, and most people loved it. The level design in FF is also good, you still get a lot of puzzles to solve, they're just bite sized versions suited for pick up and play co-op sessions.

All I'm getting from you is "it wasn't Prime"
>>
It's a multiplayer cash grab, on the same level as that shitty Silent Hill game.
>>
>>385161389
It released 2 years too early, if it released in early 2018 sandwiched between Samus Returns and Prime 4 it would have been recieved far better and probably would have sold as much units as it deserved to.
>>
>>385164094
>Prime had a shit load of combat, and most people loved it.
Not really. Phazon Mines is univeraally considered one of the worst parts of Prime and that's because it's an extremely combat heavy segment. Pretty much all the combat just involves locking on and shooting, with the occasional side-dash or jump. Prime 2 had more interesting boss battles but that's because more of the bosses utilised the environment or gimmicks more, not because the fundamental combat mechanics were good.
>>
>>385164094
>Hm, nice OPINIONS.

What do you think this entire fucking thread is? What do you think you were doing when you posted it? jesus christ do you have brain damage?

>Prime had a shit load of combat, and most people loved it

How many people have praised Prime for its combat? I mean really. It's usually its most overlooked element. Most people focus on the elements I previously mentioned. The things that make Metroid Metroid.

>The level design in FF is also good, you still get a lot of puzzles to solve

Puzzles and level design are not really the same thing. Level design (as far as Metroid is concerned) is interconnectivity, it's making use of tools that you progressively unlock over the course of the story. It's not mission-based, it's not linear corridors (ideally), it's not constant combat arenas where you just kill enemy waves, etc etc. Federation Force took the weakest element of Prime and tried to make an entire game out of it.

>All I'm getting from you is "it wasn't Prime"

When you use its similarity to Prime as something positive, then it's more than reasonable for me to explain to you all the ways that it's not like Prime. You can't have your cake and eat it too, friend.

I have a feeling you were one of the guys who used to post those Other M bait threads, and now you've moved on to this. Unfortunately I don't think you will be as successful. Other M was noteworthy in its awfulness, Federation Force is just pure mediocrity. Most people don't really care.
>>
File: 1490987369932.png (532KB, 975x847px) Image search: [Google]
1490987369932.png
532KB, 975x847px
>>385161389
>undeserved
>>
>>385164846

>What do you think this entire fucking thread is?

Saying that combat in the Prime series is weak, and most fans really enjoy it, is definitely a controversial opinion.

>How many people have praised Prime for its combat?

Go read any review for it? Most people agree that the combat feels good and saying that it's a minor part of the game is just an outright lie.

>Puzzles and level design are not really the same thing

They literally are in Metroid games, though.

>When you use its similarity to Prime as something positive, then it's more than reasonable for me to explain to you all the ways that it's not like Prime

I only used it to counter the complaints. It makes no sense to bash this game for having "bad controls and combat" while praising the Prime games which had literally the same mechanics.

You might not play the Prime games for those reasons, but a lot of people did, and most people who gave Federation Force a chance were pleasantly surprised with it. 90% of the hate this game gets is from people who never played it and jumped on the "not a mainline metroid game" bandwagon, as illustrated by it getting insane ammounts of dislikes in every video related to it before the game had even been released.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.