[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why exactly was Linkle such big news again? I remember her announcement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: linkle.jpg (34KB, 591x574px) Image search: [Google]
linkle.jpg
34KB, 591x574px
Why exactly was Linkle such big news again? I remember her announcement making headlines everywhere, including sites that don't normally report about video games. It seemed like a lot of commotion over a one-off character in a spin-off game not even made by Nintendo.
>>
>>385154834
>official R63 of big character becomes a literally who
who would've thunk it
>>
>>385154834
People thought she was a female Link. Too bad for them, she's just a female equivalent, a la Pokemon MCs, and not actually a female Link.
>>
>>385154834
What was her deal anyway? I refused to buy the game twice just to play her so I don't know her story.
>>
>>385154834
i'd like to see linkle in a main game
>>
>>385155246
Some random chick who mistakenly thought she was the legendary hero of Hyrule reborn. Apparently, it takes more than being blond, having funny ears, yelling a lot, and breaking pots for money.
>>
>>385155246
She's a random hick who thinks she's special since she has a compass or something. She's literally a nobody and gets treated as such in that game.
>>
>>385155420
>>385155456
That's rough
>>
It was an attempt at justifying all the 'female Link is real" stories that were floating around at the time.
>>
>>385155380
There was that rumor of female Link being an option in Breath of the Wild. People here across the Internet, including on this board, went absolutely apeshit until Aonuma himself de-confirmed it himself.
>>
She wasn't a Link replacement and was notably inferior to Link and didn't fit the "grrls are just as good as guys" narrative so they ignored it.
>>
File: you_cant_win.jpg (53KB, 960x425px) Image search: [Google]
you_cant_win.jpg
53KB, 960x425px
>>385154834
>>
>>385155420
>>385155456
Wow, that literally sounds like the exact opposite of what all of those news publications that reported on Linkle thought her inclusion in the game was going to be.
>>
Because idiots thought that it meant she was going to be a playable character in Breath of the Wild.

Yes, it's stupid, but they've made bigger leaps before.
>>
>>385155246
She hears monsters are attacking Hyrule, and due to growing up with hero stories like Grandma told, she thinks that's her chance to shine.

She goes on a little adventure and basically goes to spots before or after the main quest went there. By the end of it, she finally arrives at Hyrule Castle where the soldiers are still recovering from the defeat of Ganon (while Zelda and Link are away to reseal the Master Sword). So she helps protect the troops and is a real hero, just like Grandma said she was.
>>
>>385155420
>>385155456
Don't forget she's literally retarded and goes the wrong way every time.
>>
>>385155913
>tfw she graduated at my college
What should i do bros?
>>
>>385156117
set the college on fire
>>
>>385155420
>>385155456
So not only was it not the victory for equality people thought it was, but it was actually sexist as hell, saying "only a dude can be the hero"? That's hilarious.
>>
>>385154834
POST THE FUCKING WEBM.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.