[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Good fucking god did this game become boring. What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 90
Thread images: 11

File: AbleWeeAbyssiniancat.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
AbleWeeAbyssiniancat.webm
2MB, 720x404px
Good fucking god did this game become boring.

What's the cause of it?
>>
Play Dirty Bomb
>>
>>385150586
Is this on console or something? It feels like 8 year olds reaction.
>>
constant consistent unending damage nerfs
>>
>>385150586
Bought it at launch and only played it like 20 hours. pretty shit game that didn't really bring anything new to the table. Not bad for what it was but the FPS genre has been run to the ground.
>>
>>385150586
Well if you want to interact with other players at all, why are you playing the annoying one who blinks around and doesn't do anything outside her ult?

Unless she's in my fucking face, I know I and everyone I play with will ignore Tracer as a rule. She's a harasser. She picks off weakened players and is distracting. If you get too focused on her, then that's all she wants. Attention.
>>
>>385150586
Lack of real content updates. The game needed a new map per objective type a month to keep the interest flowing. Maybe a Hero every two.

In the modern economy a game needs either 1. Constant new permanent content or 2. a long progression tree that unlock new playable things for the player.

Skins do not count sine they do not affect game play and holiday stuff is nice but it creates a lot of animosity when people cant get what they want. Even worse is content that people do like like say Lucio Bowl goes away and people lose access to something that could of kept them longer.

Even normie casuals get burnt out they get tired of the same thing every time. Its why games like COD had such involved unlock trees and so many map packs.
>>
overwatch was never good.
>>
>>385150586
Stale metagames that are solved 1 week or less after a patch.

QP is essentially comp-lite.
>>
>>385150586
>Why isn't "tumblr/deviantart bait - the game" any good?
It was never good to begin with, and updates have made an already casual-tier game even more casual-oriented.
>>
>>385152046
>>385150586
Hitboxes and tick rates are shit as well
>>
>Why is TF2 clone terrible?
Because Blizzard can't balance their games for shit.
Because it lacks any real charm that give any character personality at all.
>MUH ULTIMATES
ruin the fucking game but the game is built around ults for attacking teams to break the defense, so there is no way to go back.
>>
>>385151512
has to be, judging by the movement
its sad, really
>>
>>385150586
>become boring
overwatch was never fun
>>
>>385151897
>They get tired of the same thing every time.
If you remove the scenery, every map is a variation of defend choke one, then fall back and hold choke two. Choke two is easier to defend because it's closer to spawn. On the Egypt map I don't even feel bad for not taking the point sometimes because going all defense spam makes it fucking tedious to deal with. Symmetra shield generator in the back with Torbjorn armor packs and a competent healer gives the defending team just stupid staying power there.

Problem is that Blizzard has once again designed its entire game around this shit, though. Just like in Starcraft 2 where every map HAD to have a ramp choke because the whole meta was built around having one.
>>
>>385153985
I don't enjoy plating anything other than KOTH because of the

the chokepoints are just too ridiculous on the other modes
>>
>>385153985
>>385154859
This is why I said a new map for every objective type. Some people like some map types and not others. Ideally they would let you que for specific objective types.
>>
Wow they added a second game mode? That's cool.
>>
>>385154859
Even KotH kind of revolves around a choke. It's just that the choke is a doorway to a small building and there's not a lot of space to hold the enemy off. I do agree that KotH is more fun.

Still, the thing about TF2 before they ruined it was that they could introduce a lot of silly game modes and be fine. There was a strong internal balance, rather than inventing twenty different characters and praying nobody notices how stale it gets when some of them are just objectively better than others. You could do mine-cart races, KotH, multi-point capture (not merely two points near chokes), capture the flag, or whatever.

Meanwhile, capture the flag doesn't work very well with Overwatch because certain characters - looking at Tracer - are hard to catch even when they're on top of you. It's also not a mode about piling in on one location. Mine cart races aren't doable for the same reason. If you split your Overwatch team, a bunch of characters don't function well because the game is designed around a six man comp.
>>
Blizzard sucks ass at balancing. They've ALWAYS sucked ass at balancing their games.
>>
>>385155531
Well they haven't always, but I guess it is stretching back maybe twenty years to figure out the last time they balanced something well. I assume you don't count Warcraft 3. I don't. Blademaster ruined that game for me.
>>
>>385150586
>Become
You're implying something changed about the game, you literally just finally stopped being a fucking moron, congratulations.
>>
>>385155614
>Blademaster
>Paladin
>Lich
>DORF
They are so fucking unfun to play against Im just thankful for all the custom games that were around because I just couldnt bear heroes in normal 1v1 game.
>>
It got boring because we all wanted a new MMO, instead we got 1/10'th of the original game in the form of it's PvP mode.

There is only so long that can stay fresh.
>>
>>385155531
So let me get this straight. Blizzard is a conjoined twin with Activision and can use their pool of resources. Activision owns Bungie, one of the meisters of the FPS genre. So what your saying is that Blizzard can't have like two or three Bungie guys come down and balance their game?
>>
File: 1496348677022.png (59KB, 404x364px) Image search: [Google]
1496348677022.png
59KB, 404x364px
Blizzard needs to either do more with updates, or stop hyping them as much. Lunar Colony is the worst fucking example of it.

>""""accidentally"""" leaves files in PTR
>tease a list of names, two blatantly highlighted as important characters
>tease the map
>tease a new hero multiple times
>finally announce the map
>announce it'll have low grav
>tease a hero more
>hype up low grav more
>LITERALLY SHOW US THE NEW HERO IN THE MAP
>release map
>new hero nowhere to be seen
>low grav pushed into a corner literally no one goes in

I don't remember my main point, but fuck Blizzard not knowing how to build hype.
>>
>>385150586
Classic Blizzard yo-yo "balance". 6v6 instead of a higher number makes it too reliant on good teamwork and meta picks making anything outside of ranked with a premade unfun and frustrating. "Ults" so even your blind grandma can be tricked into thinking she's doing good once or twice a game.
>>
>>385156094
Oh man I remember starcraft 2 in the beta, the game was so fucking broken it wasnt even funny
You needed like 100 marines to kill a single burrowed Roach because it was so armoured and quick healing.
So first they nerfed roach armour, then they nerfed the healing
Basically they could have left Hydralisks instead of introducing some new shit unit
>>
>>385156094
Now that I think about it. You can't even make it more fun by upping the player amount because the ults and abilities would just make it messier.
>>
>>385150586
>became boring
More like you fell for the meme train. I've been saying its the most shallow FPS since launch and now everyone is finally agreeing.
>>
>>385156552
Blizzard really hated original Starcraft for some reason. Except the Marine, you notice they ruined pretty much every iconic unit from the original game. They tried to delete Carriers but the fans complained too much.
>>
>>385150586
Console FPS games are so embarrassing!
>>
>>385156041
>but fuck Blizzard not knowing how to build hype.

I don't know how you say that when they're literally able to build monumental hype trains around virtually nothing.
>>
I'd play if they patched out D.va and Mercy.
>>
>>385157885
>>385156041
Yeah, this. Blizzard advertised Overwatch everywhere. Including /v/ if you ask me, although every Overwatch thread was full of denial on that front.

>"WHAT? Who would possibly post free viral advertising for their multi-million dollar video game, anon? Who would EVER tap into the audience here on 4chan? Nobody would ever DREAM

The reason you know longer see hype building is because they already have all your money and now they don't give a fuck.
>>
6v6 was a mistake.
>>
File: 6548465468.jpg (37KB, 560x300px) Image search: [Google]
6548465468.jpg
37KB, 560x300px
>>385150586
Play Quake instead
come get your ass kicked its fun
>>
>>385150586
One thing that made that game really boring for me is blatant predictability and lack of depth in mechanics. Once you played a bit with any character you can quickly understand everything that it offers and where it should belong on the battlefield whether it's the frontline, backline or the outskirts.
Outside of mastering the flow of the gameplay there's not much to improve on. There always will be fight on the chokepoint until both teams get ultimates and use them after which there will be breakthrough or everything goes back to what it was before. Pharah will always fly that high with press of the button and nothing will change it, Tracer will always dash the same amount of distance and Reinhardt will always charge in the same distance and speed no matter how hard you'll push the button. Mastering a character boil down to learn ability combos, cooldowns and general aim.
You'll never fight againist an unpredictable opponent, after few months you know every path that enemy can choose to contest a point, and assuming playing versus similar skilled opponent eveything is dictated by right counterpicks, because the means of counterplay are very limited. Once you've played your share nothing will surprise you and if once in a while devs release new character or map, after few weeks everything goes back to snoozefest you already know by heart.
>>
>>385158647
This, it's a giant piece of shit at the moment; but if they fix all the issues it'll be great when it gains a palyerbase.
I have high doubts.
>>
File: lawbreakers-game.jpg (259KB, 1920x890px) Image search: [Google]
lawbreakers-game.jpg
259KB, 1920x890px
>>385158647
>>385159912
I'm holding my breath for this instead
>>
>>385160181
>nexon
no thanks
>>
File: 1500874899805.gif (179KB, 540x336px) Image search: [Google]
1500874899805.gif
179KB, 540x336px
I've been having a fun time playing Gigantic, plus they are going to release a hero every month. Can't say its for everyone but it does feel good to be able to carry a team unlike something you can do in Overwatch.
>>
>>385151826
t.silver surfer
>>
>>385159553
And one thing to add: playing for example zenyatta for 10th and 300th time is almost identical and there's no other way you could play him. I know people here hate comparing Overwatch to Team Fortress 2, but it's the most understandable way that you can point out flaws in the game design.
Let's look at Sniper and Widowmaker. Those two character are almost identical in their role which is taking off important target from far away, but via weapon unlocks the way of accomplishing that change diametrically. Damage changing with each consecutive headshot, more powerful bodyshots or even absolute change in mechanics with offering projectile based weapon rewarding closer contact with broader field of view. Not even mentioning the secondary and melee weapons that's already so much possibilities, that can change the character from long range pick class to medium range support based on debuffs. With simple changes to Sniper gear he has similar roles as Widowmaker/Hanzo/Ana/Zenyatta, and counting limited size of teams, it's much more flexible way to play a character.
Meanwhile Widowmaker offers only a sniper rifle/weak assault rifle, low damage mine which informs about enemy movement and wall hack every once in a while. And no matter howlong you'll play her, these are the only option you can get.
I guess Overwatch will be playable only with much more characters to choose from, map reworks that encourage more unusual strategies and more interactive choises in gameplay.
>>
There's no depth whatsoever
>>
File: 1495123250461.jpg (461KB, 1252x719px) Image search: [Google]
1495123250461.jpg
461KB, 1252x719px
>Overwatch won Game/Multiplayer of the Year at Dorito Pope Awards over Titanfall 2
>>
I dropped it at the beta
>>
ITT: Mad cucks that can't git gud
>>
>>385150586
>Good fucking god did this game become boring.

It was boring to begin with. I want to cover my back here and say that I don't think that Overwatch is a bad game by any stretch of the imagination. Some people like to paint it as a piece of literal trash, when it most definitely is not. It's just kinda bland and Blizzard's balancing work and content release schedule hasn't helped much. I played the game from release to the end of season 1 where I hit a skill rating comparable to Diamond in later seasons and by the end of that first competitive season, there wasn't really much left for me to try.
>>
>>385161564
And that becomes even more pressing issue when the meta is so fucking stale that most of the characters are either made obsolete by better choices, or are useless by their essence. Small pool of heroes to play + only one way to play those heroes + shallow mechanical depth + repetitive chokepoint maps = game that gets dull fast.
>>
File: 1496721066082.jpg (31KB, 540x482px) Image search: [Google]
1496721066082.jpg
31KB, 540x482px
The main problem with Overwatch is that they'd rather make more cosmetic shit as an excuse to sell more loot boxes than making new characters and maps.
>>
>>385162489
>tfw suck at OW
>realize my Q button is jammed
>fix it
>git gud
>>
File: 1425037762256.png (13KB, 487x469px) Image search: [Google]
1425037762256.png
13KB, 487x469px
>>385151210
>>
>>385150586
>slow grabs

awful
>>
>>385155395
If you're defending the point in koth from on the point you're defending wrong.
>>
TF2 survived as long as it did because of the community contributions in the forms of maps, weapons, and the like.

Blizzard is EXTREMELY closed on all of these things, making it so you have a definite, linear experience the entire time with no sort of fan creations for added playtime. You don't even have a real server browser. It sucks.
>>
>>385151826
Well he is obviously playing the CTF game mode
>>
>>385150586
I stopped playing before that 4 legged robot, but really there aren't many shifts in the meta or encounters esp considering limited maps. So after X long you'll encounter the same situation again and again. League for example has items and you can take non meta heroes into other areas so there is more variance overall.
>>
>>385162489
>haha i can suck dicks better than you fags haha git gud lol
congrats i guess
>>
>no user created content allowed
>server browser is utter garbage
>boring cardboard-cutout characters
>nothing over 6v6
>playerbase composed of neoGAF-tier faggots that cry and report you for any kind of banter
>endless hype of shitty letdown updates
>>
>>385162705
A bit of time ago Symettra got 2 choises of ultimate which got her a bit of flexibility given what is needed at the time. Now imagine every hero has an alternative to each of his abilities.
All tracer alternatives:
primary weapons are 2 shotguns which shoot in rapid succession and changes the way dashes behave to dash in aim direction. This allows for vertical movement at cost of less manuverability while in fight. This ability still lets you change the turn of the fight, but you have to be aware where have you been 3 seconds ago.
Recall instead of healing taken damage deals moderate aoe damage around Tracer
Ultimate now gives Tracer 4 seconds of much shorter dash cooldown and removes the need of reloading a weapon. You trade instant aoe for groups of people to ability of quickly deal with enemies spread apart.
If you mix match the choises according to battlefield the gameplay is much more rewarding regarding gear choises and interactivity.
>>
>>385150586
It's way too shallow

A lot of the maps feel the same.
A lot of the characters have little to no mechanical depth (I love having a rocket class who can't properly launch herself around)
A lot of the game itself has little to no mechanical depth.
It has no modding or mapping tools meaning that Blizzard's constant making of the same thing is going to see no variation whatsoever.
Despite being a casual mode, quickplay doesn't allow for hero stacking, CTF mode, anything other than 6v6 etc. making it feel even more shallow and repetitive.
Customers servers allow for all sorts of irrelevant bullshit like individually tweaking each skills cooldown / damage to the percentage, yet you can't allow people to vote for the next map, have anything larger than 6v6 etc.
>>
>>385150586

Everyone's getting sick of it, even top streamers. Shit is just stale and updates come out too slowly.
>>
>>385163460
Screwed up position of an explanation to Recall, but it's late in my place and I'm a bit drunk.
>>
>>385151994
QP isn't comp-lite, it's "who cares about winning bro it's just qp lmao"
>>
>>385160181
>Nexon

yeah no
>>
>>385150586
Online multiplayer games require you to be autistic, otherwise you're gonna get bored of the intense repetition.
>>
>game starts pick Ana
God now we have to plan around you. Better be godlike.
>switch to mercy
No one runs mercy comp wtf
>give up on life go Lucio
Cool we got a healer let's roll

>no 2nd healer
>eat shit

End with 22 kills and a silver in eliminations. Man this healer is shit.

And that's when I deleted the game.
>>
File: 10e.png (156KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
10e.png
156KB, 800x800px
>TF2 has gone past its prime
>OW doesn't fill this gap no matter what I try

I don't have a shooter that I am having fun now. Well I do play KF2 but that is a zombie shooter(I know they are ZEDs but essentially the game is that genre).

I am going so far as searching for MMORPGs
>>
For me it's the lack of progression. I like having goals to chase in my video games. It relieves my check box autism.
>>
>>385164179
it's not an fps, but more of a hybrid third person moba thing, but give Gigantic a try. It's not bad.
>>
Anyone wants to try paladins then?
>>
>>385163892
>God now we have to plan around you. Better be godlike.
said no one ever, ana has been fully meta since a few weeks after she was introduced.
>>
File: IMG_0345.jpg (28KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0345.jpg
28KB, 480x360px
>>385164349
>>
Why don't blizzard games come with map editors anymore?
>>
it got boring a few weeks after it got released
>>
i have over 25k overwatch bux. what the fuck do i do with all this shit
>>
>>385164349
>moba

I dunno man
>>
>>385164863
Because there's only been on blizzard game with maps since starcraft 2.
>>
>>385164863
The Blizzard that made Warcraft doesn't exist anymore. Blizzard is feeling the same thing that Bungie is feeling.
>>
>>385165381
whatever, it's free, nothing to lose. it's a hybrid genre, not a pure moba if that helps. I wouldn't play it if it was.
>>
>>385160405

This is something that bores me in overwatch, no matter how good you become you can't carry, makes the whole game pointless because there is no payoff in becoming better, the game is so reliant on teamwork( or just having your dumb teammates alive) to do anything. At least on a game like TF2 or Dirty Bomb once you become good enough that you can start carrying it feels like you are being rewarded for being good, idk thats how I feel anyways, I just want a better FPS to come out so I can leave overwatch for good.
>>
>>385151512
My daughter is six and it doesn't look like this, we only play pc
>>
>>385165543
I guess I should check it out, I'm starved for a pvp game that I can enjoy
>>
>>385166489
I feel you, I think this is a big issue too. My previous game, Natural Selection 2, had huge carry potential. It was absolutely insane to the degree that new players would constantly quit after getting facefucked into oblivion. It was awesome.
>>
>>385150586
normieshit without any elaborate mechanics.

this shit doesnt even have rocket jumping, or sticky jumping (junkrat's jump is a fucking joke)
>>
>>385150586

I thought it was dull while playing the beta. I don't know how anyone could play it more than a month or two.
>>
>>385155981
People don't understand how arrogant Blizzard is. This is a company that regularly says fuck you to their fan base. They had so much success with WoW they think they are untouchable. Similarly to how Sony was acting after the ps2.
>>
>>385167196
old fps games got old, and it's currently the best released ability fps. that's it. a good portion of us may switch over to lawbreakers but even that isn't a sure thing, and quake also looks so-so. it seems there's a big opportunity here to steal overwatch's thunder now that the tide of public opinion is turning, I wonder what riot's been working on? Surely they haven't been snatching up all of that top industry talent just to iterate on a game that's already well established.
>>
>>385166489
>You can't carry
This is one of the things I hate the most about the game. Raw skill won't fix a bad team comp or dumb teammates. One person CAN make a difference, but only if they're playing a role you need. Like if you've got a really good Winston and a competent person to cover him from his counters. Same goes for Diva, but that's because they're like harasser tanks and that's why they're the meta now.

But you know what I really hate? Ults. Sometimes I pull them off, and I always feel pretty "meh" about it. Getting a good one usually means the enemy got in a bad spot and that's not up to me. But when my team gets wiped by an ult? Like a Reaper jumps off a ledge and kills us all before we saw him? Fucking lame.

But a lot of Overwatch is lame, because it's trying to be a game where everybody wins and gets a big round of ass pats for winning. Sometimes the other team needs to lame it out to pull ahead. Some people think this is an awesome "surprise" or "come from behind" game mechanic, but I think it's a little dumb.
Thread posts: 90
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.