[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would you play a 3D open world Pokemon game, /v/? There seems

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

Would you play a 3D open world Pokemon game, /v/? There seems to be a lot of fangames and fanart out there that are based on this particular concept.
>>
>>385148252
No. Running long distances feels infinitely more tedious when you can actually see where you're going, and random encounters in 3d games feel jarring.
>>
No, I'd play a 3D traditional style Pokemon RPG.
>>
>>385148252
No. Open world is just a sugary sweet coating that always masks other problems.

Imagine the games as they are now, but much easier because the devs don't know where you'll go.
>>
We have an open world Pokemon game. We just don't store them in little balls...
>>
Yeah, Open world games like skyrim are really fun to me.
>>
If it was good, sure.
>>
>>385148252
you already have Ni No Kuni and FFXIII-2
>>
>>385149238
Who said there would be random encounters?
>>
It'd be alright
>>
>>385150123
>ony if it's gud dough

Man knows what he likes.
>>
Yes, I want this so much.
>>
>>385150204
It wouldn't really be a Pokemon game without them.
>>
>>385150558
Colosseum didn't have them.
>>
>>385150607
Colosseum had unavoidable enemy trainers around every corner, had a menu-based travel system, and was thus shorter than the easiest of the mainline games.
>>
>>385148252
>open world
No. Not unless Dark Souls counts as open world.
It would fuck with level scaling and difficulty like every other open world game.
Would like to see them be a bit more open, though. Y was the last one I played and every time there was a fork in the road, something hindered you from progressing before completing something else.
>>
>>385148252
>open world

No since the gameplay would be a mess unless you want to completely reboot the system so far and that will make the other 5 million of autists who like the franchise.
It's sad but Pokémon can only be linear or semi linear at best.

Also good luck getting rid of tall grass and have pokémon walk around in the overworld, that sounds fun at first but it gets more terrible the more you think about it.
>>
>>385151396
Ok. It was still a Pokémon game.
>>
An open world Pokemon will never happen. Each game costs Nintendo like $20 to make and make Nintendo 500 million + each. Why the fuck would nintendo massively increase the budget when they're already making 500 mil each game? With Zelda they could justify increasing the budget because the games weren't selling that well. With Pokemon they're already exceeding what they want with sales while spending nothing.
>>
>>385151589
Are you retarded?
>>
why is homura in skyloft?
>>
I think we swill see a brand new imagining of Pokemon when Pokemon Diamond and Pearl remakes come to switch next year.
They'll be able to do more with the power and it will make the shitty "pokemon consoles" cunts shut up.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.