[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>no Nioh thread I guess we're all too busy playing it.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: nioh-Defiant-Honor-6.jpg (152KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
nioh-Defiant-Honor-6.jpg
152KB, 1280x720px
>no Nioh thread
I guess we're all too busy playing it.
How are you guys all finding it? That first mission was sick, and Masamune Date is raping me all over again in that side mission.
>>
These dogs are throwing fucking knives at me
>>
i recently got back into it after having not finished it
and i was instantly reminded of why i put it down
no, it's not bad
yes, it's good. in a lot of ways, actually
it's just that the game - after a while of playing it and getting used to its mechanics - feels like a chore to play
it feels like somebody is putting you through the motions. it feels like work. and not fun work. busywork.
navigating those samey, convoluted levels over and over again
spending all that time sifting through hundreds of junk items - which you HAVE to do lest you accidentally trash something genuinely good
the same "this guy throws a firebomb at you while you fight a big demon in a courtyard" scenario, over and over again
and the worst part is, there's no payoff
there's nothing where you can be like YES that was amazing
it's just... mediocre, to an EXTREME degree.
it's good, don't get me wrong. it was fun to LEARN to play. but once you've LEARNED the mechanics, the weapons, the enemies, it just becomes work. and you end up learning all those things less than halfway through the game. the remainder is just a slog. hell the entire thing is a slog.
there is such a small number of ways to effectively fight. everything else is just too goddamn risky to even attempt (like lothric castle and beyond in DkS3)
the inventory's a mess, the story while i appreciate the historical aspects of it is just plain fucking boring. it's a fucking snooze. except for cat clock (which shows up ONCE)
MATSUNORINAGA HISHIBISHI EMPEROR HONOUR NOBUNIGISHIGINABAWASHITOGOSHORI like fuck off jesus christ, nobody cares
>>
>>385145228
Are gunsticks the best tonfa? Is the ability good?
>>
>>385145228
>d-dark souls killer
>nobody even talks about it anymore
kek
>>
>>385146868
Pretty much agree with this. The game was the most fun while I was still learning it. After that it becomes extremely repetitive. For one thing, all those side missions feel like unnecessary filler. They should have taken the time developing those to improve the main missions.
>>
>>385146868
>>385148727
Exactly like every Souls game then?
>>
>>385148892
No, I enjoyed both the learning process and replaying the souls games countless times. All of it was fun to me and still is. Nioh just doesn't hit the same stride. I do think the combat system has good depth, though.

Also, souls games don't have pointless filler. Bloodborne's chalice dungeons are the closest thing, and it's no wonder that they were the least liked aspect of the game.
>>
File: 1498927347382.jpg (66KB, 480x602px) Image search: [Google]
1498927347382.jpg
66KB, 480x602px
>>385145228
>tfw still stuck in the fishing village for four hours

Is there any tips you guys can give me?
>>
>>385148367
Do people like you realize how pathetic you make yourselves look?
>>
So now that we've all been able to play for a few hours we can agree that tonfas are godly?
>>
>>385150893
Yup, it's the best thing they added this DLC. I wish they would update old weapons with new skills though, that would be sweet.
>>
>playstation tells me update is ready to install
>try to play game
>lol we need to download the update first silly
>now i have to wait 12 hours
Really loving this 2017 tech.
>>
>>385153043
Works on my machine.
>>
>>385153193
I'm sure it will on mine too after it takes 12 hours to download.
>>
>>385153275
Pause the download and then restart said download
>>
>>385153325
I just have shit internet anon.
>>
>>385149691
Souls games have no mission overworld.
and that's the thing bout nioh.
you clear a mission and don't get a breather to explore or just walk to the next area. it's all seamless.
in nioh the action breaks with the unnecessary inventory management after every mission. when you get the hang of the combat and have to do the whole fucking mission including the boss, it's plain not fun. you learn to cheese everything on your first play through which adds to the boredom. and if it isn't enough, the last mission puts you at All those awesome bosses you already clearly dozen of times.
and don't get me started in the nobunaga and ice wife Mission.
>>
>>385153617
I'm sorry
>>
>>385153669
my post is all over.
basically dark souls is seamless action, YOU decide when to go back, not the game.
also grinding missions for cool stuff outs you several times against the bosses, which makes the last mission and other side missions (fuck Nue) a chore to clear.

and I'm never satisfied with the stats on my favorite fear. too much to care about
>>
>>385150452
Please help
>>
I just got Nioh. Lost a few times to the vampire lady boss and then played rocket league with my buddies. Gonna try again tonight. I'm using the chain and sickle and the axe, what weapons do you guys use?
>>
>>385153831
It's okay. Maybe I can find something to do.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.