[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

went back to BB for two weeks after playing DS3 for over half

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg (18KB, 220x278px) Image search: [Google]
Bloodborne_Cover_Wallpaper.jpg
18KB, 220x278px
went back to BB for two weeks after playing DS3 for over half a year
>absolutely loved it on my first two playthroughs
>absolutely hate it now
>combat feels way too floaty
>can't run around enemies when locked on
>roll distance feels off
>general bullshit moves on certain enemies
>even with the DLC, too few weapon variety, a lot of fun weapons locked after some of the hardest bosses in the game
>pvp is an abhorent clusterfuck with the PS4 netcode, let alone 40% of players having a subpar internet connection
>even co-oping is a pain as hosts are literally slide-showing through the level at times

In DS3 there is so much more variety, I can play a one-shot sorcerer invader build, a try hard dual strength-build or a pure faith medic-build for co-op. The fashion is also much better, fuck ten different variations of the same edgelord trench coat
>>
Cool bait. Im sure youll get someone to fall for it. Ill give it a 6/10.
>>
remember that one playthrough of dark souls 3 that wasnt the same as every other playthrough?

ya me neither
>>
>>385136557
OP is right though.

I went back to playing bloodborne after playing DS3 and the game felt like it was really lacking in variety for me. Sure you could eventually get hunter tools and a cool weapon or two, but it takes a while to get to those items so you're stuck with a pretty boring early game weapon for a long while.

The game feels a great deal floatier to me too, but I feel like that was a design choice or something to make the game feel as if it flows better (which it does). The armour variety is also pretty poor compared to DS3 because everything looks very similar and everything has the same colour palette pretty much (which I know is because of the game's aesthetic, but after a few playthroughs it gets boring to look at)

Bloodborne is an amazing game, better than DS3 in a lot of ways,but in terms of replayability it just doesn't really compare to DS3 for me.

Maybe I just like knights and dragons more than vampires and werewolves or something
>>
>>385136406
Bloodborne will be looked back on as a classic, Dark Souls 3 will be forgotten in due time
>>
>I'll make a different build this time
>Let's try sorcery, I rarely ever do that
>It's the most boring ass shit cause you can't use weapons like in bloodborne
>gotta run through every area because standing still while casting a spell for eternity isn't the best idea ever
>Your damage is too shit to kill in one hit or stagger anyone
Ended up respeccing my high leveled character, I love replayability
>>
I think the even though bloodborne has less weapons, it's fighting is better because the weapons have a ton of moves unlike DaS games where each weapon has a rather limited moveset (every shortsword has the same one, every axe has the same one, except for the one or other special move on end game weapons). It feels like "fake variety" regarding the weapons. Also many spells in DaS games are basically the same: fire profectile, magic projectile, strong magic projectile... of course there are some cool spells, but again it's not as big of a variety as it looks like in my honest opinion.
I'm not sure about DaS 3 replayability because I only played it a little, but I could imagine that Bloodborne's replayability is lower, Bloodborne has an infinute amount of chalices though (for those who enjoy them).
>>
>>385139159
I don't know what the fuck OP is on about, DaS3 is by far the least replayable Souls game. The only real choice in the game is whether to do Cathedral of the Deep before or after Wolnir, and the whole game is essentially one set path. As for weapon variety, there is literally no reason to use anything other than your starting straightsword. Of course, this could be applied to Bloodborne too, where the starting weapons are all very strong, however the difference being that the other weapons you get are a lot of fun to use, and are much different in playstyle, while in Dark Souls 3, not only are the other weapons inferior to straight swords, they're not even fun.
>>
Funny, after playing DaS3 I felt the complete opposite of how you feel OP, BB is superior to DaS3 in almost every way, DaS3 just felt more of going through the motions, I've only played through DaS3 once whereas I've beaten BB 3 or 4 times and am currently on another playthrough, plus trick weapons are better than most of anything DaS3 offers weapon wise
>>
One of the big problems off Ds3 though is the fact that in its combat it's a weird mix between BB and dark souls in general, like ennemies are generally fast bloodborne style, but the player is still slow as fuck dark souls style, it's weird.
>>
>>385137582

not true btw
>>
>>385136406
In time people will come to hate the Soulsborne games entirely
>>
>>385140679
>implying they aren't already
>>
That's how I felt about DS3
>>
>>385137582
true
>>
File: ZIdaGS7.png (54KB, 800x504px) Image search: [Google]
ZIdaGS7.png
54KB, 800x504px
>>385136406
PCbro detected.
>>
>>385137582
DaS3 already gets talked about less than BB.
>>
DaS3 feels like utter shit after playing Bloodborne though, and I played DaS3 first.
>>
i like how this game rewards aggression and parrying.
i think that makes it superior to the souls game, but that's because i am more of an action game guy and not into the RPG aspects.
>>
Both are less replayable than the other games imo, still I like them regardless.
>>
>>385141770
I forgot about das and das3 existence thanks to the das2 and bloodborne
Literally no reasons to touch this games anymore
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.