[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>moore's law is over >computers won't be getting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: 150923.jpg (7KB, 209x234px) Image search: [Google]
150923.jpg
7KB, 209x234px
>moore's law is over
>computers won't be getting much faster
>video games will never get AI or matrix-tier worlds
>VR will always be shit
>tfw (((futurists))) who said computers would be 100000 times faster by 2050 lied
>>
They also said we'd have moon colonies and anti-aging pills by the 1990s.
>>
File: NVGq17S.jpg (42KB, 636x600px) Image search: [Google]
NVGq17S.jpg
42KB, 636x600px
>>385134979
>>385135154
>>
>>385134979
We still have quantum computers to hope for right? we dont have the tech for it right now but eventually within our lifetimes we could build one i think, am i wrong?
>>
>>385135417
They are only good for certain stuff, like taking a number and calculating it's primes (ie: 50=5*10=5*5*2, but with MUCH larger numbers)
And even then they get the correct answer only about half the time (though you can rerun the program over and over and select the answer that pops up more often than the others).
For normal applications they are often worse than normal computers as of now.
Might be useful for pathfinding but that's it i think.
>>
>>385135417
engineers would have to get it to scale. and before that, there would need to be demand for it. right now, most of the world faffs around on browsers or their phones. consoles just have to include actual builds to get increases in power, so its only PC gamers left who want quantum at home-user scale.

and maybe workstations for CGI people, but I'm not sure about that
>>
>>385134979
They already solved that. Just look at Ryzen. Even nvidia is trying to implement it on their gpu. It's up to the inept devs to code for multiple cores instead of being lazy faggots.
>>
>>385135417
Quantum computers would take hold in the consumer world as an expansion module for your classical binary computer in the same way a GPU does today. However unlike a GPU which has clear implications for everyday programs like gaming or video editing, quantum computing only has real benefits in special areas which is not clear how it would change normal programs (if at all).
>>
>>385136449
>It's up to the inept devs to code for multiple cores instead of being lazy faggots.

this is what AMD cucks actually believe.
>>
>>385135417

Quantum computing isn't some incredible revolution that will give us total mastery of all aspects of the universe, despite the weird popcultural misconception.
>>
>>385137142
There are some videos that explain some uses in ways that can be understood by normal people (ie: not talking in overtly technical or mathematical terms).
One of them was sorting through a phonebook to find the owner of a certain number.
Or finding the two primes that make up a number that is a product of primes (hint hint: modern encryption)
>>
Lucid dreaming is the answer, its free compared to VR, and can be superior to VR once you gain experience, mastery and control of your dreams.

The only downside is no multiplayer (shared lucid dreaming is not possible). But still, where technology will fail to deliver, the power of our own imagination and brains might surpass it, though only if you take the time and have the discipline to learn and attempt lucid dreaming and find which technique works for you etc. I got really bummed out when I saw what a scam VR became and learned that quantum computing meme is just a meme and won't lead to the type of ambitious and great vidya we want but at least with lucid dreaming theres hope.

But again, no shared dreaming is a downside.
>>
>>385139543
Like I would ever desire to enter your shitty dreams
>>
>>385139543
How do I lucid dream?

Every night I dream about her and I want it to end.
>>
>>385140059
My dreams are actually pretty great when they're about vidya, games of Battlefield played in "multiplayer" servers (but everything is like real life and theres no sense of being at the controls) naval warfare, large maps, crazy scenarios, mix of one or two games I've been playing recently into one.

Recently had a Haydee inspired dream, of me trying to escape and find my way out of a facility like the one in that game, though I wasnt a lewd sex robot.

God I wish I could lucid dream already, shit takes so much discipline and practice to learn.
>>
>>385140361
>How do I lucid dream?

_____________ git gud _______________________
>>
>>385140361
Start with a dream diary, remembering your dreams at first might seem impossible
Have a fucked up sleep cycle and wake up at 1PM
Let sunlight hit your face when you are sleeping and if it doesn't wake you up
If you wake up, spend like 3 minutes awake then sleep again, you will probably dream
>>
>>385134979
What?

Explain?
>>
>>385140815

I need to go to work the next day you know. This will fuck me up badly.
>>
>>385141761
Thats just one technique, there are many, look up dreamviews site.
>>
>>385141490
Google it.
>>
>>385141761
I am kidding, this is how I usually get dreams and I don't know if it really works
Also sleep listening to Dopesmoker, that really works every time for me
>>
>>385141761
Wagecucks thwarted yet again.
>>
>>385134979
>computers won't be getting much faster
Except they are. You just haven't noticed because websites and games are becoming more complex and resource-hungry at the same time.
>>
>>385134979
Moore's Law isn't over and hasn't been over at any time for the last 60 years.

The road from 14nm will be interesting though. Personally I think the future lies in some sort of technological breakthrough that defeats the need for going smaller, as quantum physics seems to be an incredibly difficult thing to defeat at such a small size.
>>
>>385140361
>>385140815
Also when you do start lucid dreaming, spin yourself around so you don't wake up.
>>
are video games pushing graphics an indirect result of computers becoming so powerful exponentially?
>>
>>385140361
suicide
>>
>>385142481
Honestly I don't care about graphics but yes
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.