[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How can anyone say this was the best souls game? >Clunky controls

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: Dark Souls.jpg (111KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Dark Souls.jpg
111KB, 1280x800px
How can anyone say this was the best souls game?
>Clunky controls allowing only 4 directions for rolling when locked on and game physics breaking when frame-rate uncapped
>Blatantly overpowered weapons
>Armor weighing ridiculous amounts so you have to invest tonnes of stats into vitality if you don't want to fat-roll
>The entire game post Anor Londo, namely Lost Izalith
>Some of the most terrible and horrendously designs boss-fights in the series: Moonlight Butterfly, Capra Demon, Ceaseless Discharge, Centipede Demon, Demon Firesage, Four Kings, Pinwheel, Stray Demon, Seath the Scaleless, MOTHERFUCKING BED OF CHAOS

The most Rose-tinted people on earth are those who believe this game was anything better than its predecessors, i bet half the replies will be saying "git gud" or some other cancerous garbage.

Bloodborne > Dark Souls 3 > Demon Souls > Dark Souls > Dark Souls
>>
>vitality
>Ds1
Gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>385135067
Are you mentally retarded?
Oh wait, im talking to a Dark Souls fag, of course you are
>>
>Dark Souls 3 over anything
>Dark Souls > Dark Souls
hmmmmmm
>>
>>385135450
are you? vitality is an hp stat in 1

endurance is tied to equip load
>>
>>385134557
all of that shit in its entirety isn't 1/10th as bad as soul memory or adp
>>
>>385135948
Literally nothing wrong with soul memory. ADP is tolerable, it's a RPG after all.
>>
File: 985.jpg (54KB, 680x583px) Image search: [Google]
985.jpg
54KB, 680x583px
>>385134557
>Clunky controls
>game physics breaking when frame-rate uncapped
>Armor weighing ridiculous amounts
>you have to invest tonnes of stats into vitality if you don't want to fat-roll
>The entire game post Anor Londo,
>listing Capra, Moonlight Butterfly, Four Kings, Stray Demon, Centipede Demon, and Seath the Scaleless as bad bosses

Here is your reply and sage, now kill yourself.
>>
>>385134557
What is wrong with Capra Demon?
Thing is a good boss if you are careful and aren't a retard getting killed by the dogs.
>>
>>385136115
and that's why your nu-/v/ bait tier opinion is discarded on the spot
>>
>>385136126
Yes those are terrible bosses, if they were in Dark Souls 3 you would call them garbage

>>385136189
Retarded and terrible arena, has literally two attacks that can be easily dodged, the only challenge comes from the two dogs stunlocking you because how stupid the combat is
>>
>>385136269
>>>/reddit/
>>
>Clunky controls allowing only 4 directions for rolling when locked on and game physics breaking when frame-rate uncapped
The controls are not clunky. The 4 direction rolling is a flaw, I'll give you that one. The framerate has nothing to do with the game. How can you seriously complain about complications from modifying the game with a 3rd party tool?
>Blatantly overpowered weapons
And blatantly underpowered weapons. The only soulsborne game that doesn't do this is Bloodborne because it only has like 15 weapons.
>Armor weighing ridiculous amounts so you have to invest tonnes of stats into vitality if you don't want to fat-roll
Are you saying that you want to use heavy armor without any trade-offs? Why even complain about this?
>The entire game post Anor Londo, namely Lost Izalith
Fair enough.Archives, Tomb of Giants, and Kiln are ok though.
>Some of the most terrible and horrendously designs boss-fights in the series: Moonlight Butterfly, Capra Demon, Ceaseless Discharge, Centipede Demon, Demon Firesage, Four Kings, Pinwheel, Stray Demon, Seath the Scaleless, MOTHERFUCKING BED OF CHAOS
Capra, 4 Kings, Pinwheel and Seath do not belong in this category. They are average bosses not worth bad-mouthing.

All in all it sounds like you just need to play more and get better.
>>
>>385136438
>dark souls 2 defense force telling any other soulsfag to go to reddit
>>
>>385135948
Soul memory is great desu. I love that I'm no longer tied to +/- 20 levels like in DaS1. Now I can play with 1.75m SM bros with my 5m SM level 200 character. That's a span of like, 80 levels, easily. Works great, I was surprised given all the bitching I'd heard.
>>
DS1 = Best Singleplayer
DS2 = Best Multiplayer
DS3 = Shit tier.
>>
>>385136839
DS3 is better than 2 and 1 combined nigger, stop being contrarian
>>
>>385136916
After beating all 3 I went back and platinumed them all, then played through random roll builds in each. Honestly, 3 > 2 > 1 and everyone here is fucking retarded. They're all great games though.
>>
>>385134557
>Capra Demon
Can someone explain this meme to me? I beat it first try and didn't have that much of an issue, he didn't feel like a very big deal besides the dog things.

I never learned that rolling gives i-frames until VS Ornstein and Smough, and after figuring that out, I don't get why people meme that fight to be hard either.
>>
>>385136916
>weapon arts
>focus points
>worst covenants
>trash shields
>shit NPCs
>disconnected hub
>loading screen navigation

I could go on, but it's shit.
>>
>>385136916
ds3 is slightly less shit than 2 but neither 2 nor 3 are anywhere near the same tier as 1, des or bb

2 and 3 are just garbage
>>
>>385137137
you forgot most linear map in the series
>>
>>385134557
So it's the devs' fault that a third-party mod breaks the game?

>Waiter gives you a steak
>You dump a gallon of salt on it
>"WTF IT DOESN'T TASTE GOOD"
>>
>>385137137
>weapon arts
Mixups new moves provide are great, some WAs are awesome, and DaS1 and 2 both had specialty weapons with WAs on the R2. So what's the big deal?

>FP
Wasn't my favorite system, but it's the same jump that every other fantasy game made. Honestly in some ways it's much nicer than the rationing system in the previous entries

>worst covenants
sunbros have never been more satisfying
watchdogs is hilarious and fun
aldrich faithful made hilarious gangbang battle royals possible
i don't get the complaint

>trash shields
no worse than they used to be, and some shields enabling weapon arts makes them arguably better than they were in the other games. why bother using a shield when you can roll more anyway?

>shit npcs
they're no lucatiel of mirah, that's for sure. but there was some interesting and memorable stuff going on

>disconnected hub
never play demon's souls

>loading screen
what's that
>>
>>385137692
demon's souls doesn't pretend to be open world
>>
>>385137137
>Weapon arts
A new and interesting idea that made some weapons more useful in pvp?
>Focus points
Maybe not the best system, but the magic system has never been good
>Worst covenants
Mound Makers, Aldritch Faithful, Spears of the Church.
>trash shields
Shields are stupid anyway, just slows down the game, i think its a good thing they are less relevant
>shit NPCs
Subjective, but i slightly agree, the NPC's never stood out to me either.
>disconnected hub
The "Interconnectivity" meme needs to end, Bloodborne didn't have an interconnected hub, and nobody complained.
>loading screen navigation
Don't even know what you're talking about here, must be grasping at straws here
>You could go on
No you couldn't, the complaints you had where really desperate and nitpicky.

>>385137325
Stupid as fuck analogy, why should the game's engine be tied to frame-rate, why wasn't the PC version set to 60fps by default?
>>
>>385137789
the rest of the game is interconnected, literally the only spot that isn't is firelink, and they give you an (albeit uncompelling) lore reason for it
>>
>>385134557

Just set it to 60 capped, the entire game is completely playable and you'll only clip through the world if you slide down one ladder that you'd have no reason to go down.
>>
>>385137820
>why should the game's engine be tied to frame-rate
lots of developers are doing this (i remember the shitshow when halo did years ago) and they're all retarded for it. let's not pretend this is somehow unique to DaS though
>>
>>385137864
""""""interconnected"""""" in one straight line with, at most, a single area that forks into a dead end

it is, hands down, the most linear game in the series
>>
>>385138023
>lets not pretend this is somehow unique
Doesn't excuse it, why did it still run at 30 when ported to PC?
>>
>>385138085
Why is the game being 'linear' such a sin?
If we go by your logic, DS2 is the greatest Dark Souls
>>
>>385137820
> why should the game's engine be tied to frame-rate, why wasn't the PC version set to 60fps by default?
"why did this dev who has only ever developed on console where every user has the exact same specs tie the physics to frame rate? why didnt they port the game perfectly without flaws to a platform that they had never developed for?"
yeah these problems exist but lets be realistic with our expectations
>>
>>385138085
Each area loops around and up its own ass, I don't see why it's a big deal that the general progression is the same and I beat it 3 times in a row. Who gives a shit, you've got to do all the areas anyway
>>
>>385138209
actually, if we go by my logic of what actually constitutes an interconnected world, dark souls 1 easily has the best world in the series

dark souls 3 pretend to have an open world and it doesn't, and having an open world that truly connects areas in a web-like fashion is the most important factor for good exploration

demon's souls does its own thing with a free choice arcade style layout
>>
>>385138645
So far we've established that the only thing DaS3 does badly is not conform to your ideal map layout.
Worst game confirmed
>>
I liked how Endurance upped both stamina and equip load.

On their own, each stat feels worthless to upgrade. But together, it's actually a worthwhile stat.

ADP I have mixed feelings about. I liked being able to upgrade the roll, but the thing is you need at least 96 Agility before your roll can even be considered worthwhile, which takes a decent amount of stat points.
>>
>>385138385
>Who gives a shit, you've got to do all the areas anyway

that right there is why its shit

no chance for discovering alternative routes, its just on area into the next into the next with an occasional branch then dead end
>>
BB>ds3>das >des>das2
>>
>>385138819
when a huge strength of the game is supposed to be exploration, it is a big deal, yes

routes like firelink -> valley of the drakes -> darkroot -> perish are part of what makes dark souls 1 so good, and neither 2 nor 3 really has that, but especially not 3
>>
File: 1500608817199.jpg (170KB, 857x807px) Image search: [Google]
1500608817199.jpg
170KB, 857x807px
>>385134557
>Clunky controls allowing only 4 directions for rolling when locked on
>using the lock feature in a dark souls game
This isn't Zelda you turbo scrub
>>
>>385134557
If you're going to bitch about bosses and controls, then DeS is objectively worse than DaS.
>>
>>385139382
des has some of the best movesets in the series and most unique albeit gimmicky fights

infinitely preferrable to a million samey large humanoids in armor like das2 has
>>
>>385136916
>The movement feels fluid, the environments are only mediocre instead of sometimes being shit and it has 6 bosses that are pretty good so it's the best

The progression is forced and streamlined with a map that doesn't interconnect and the design of enemy encounters just makes the combat repetitive. It has no attention to detail either, especially with the references that seem to be done out of obligation rather than because of actual care for the prior games.

>Here's Andre for some reason but you can't fist fight him
>Here's some enemies and items that reference cutting tails off of dragons but you get their weapons through random drops and there aren't any tails that you can cut in this game
>Here's Anor Londo but 80% of it is completely walled off or doesn't exist
>Here's a Priscilla reference but she doesn't leave footprints in the snow or force you to use the arena to narrow down her approach because all she does with her invisibility is jump behind you
>Here's a painted world reference but you leave through any bonfire rather than jump off a cliff
>Here's a Giant tree (No relation to the giant Tree) for no reason
>Here's the curse status but it doesn't do anything that curse did in the first game other than instantly kill you like halve your health or leave your corpse in another players world. Purging stone also now reverses hollowing instead of removing curse buildup for some reason
>Here's Patches but none of his betrayals are logically consequent
Etc
>>
>>385140348
>design of enemy encounters
Thanks for letting us know you're only really mad at the game because you suck at it.
>>
>>385140563
that's not even an argument
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.