[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just returned my PS4 Pro because it was loud as fuck at pro patched

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

File: 3155710-pro1.jpg (135KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
3155710-pro1.jpg
135KB, 1280x720px
Just returned my PS4 Pro because it was loud as fuck at pro patched games. Should I gamble for another pro or should I just get slim instead? It should be quiet, right? I have 1080p TV and got pro for better framerate and resolution but looks like very few games actually use Pro's power.
>>
my slim is quiet as a mouse. the only sound i ever hear is the initial start up when i load a physical game and then nothing after that. i also have a 1080p tv and only 1 of my games (injustice 2) has pro enhanced features. at least thats what the back of the box says. im very content with my slim
>>
kewl blog faggot.
>>
>>385133021
Do you have air conditioning? Sony consoles have horrendous cooling, so they fall back on higher fan speeds, which results in sounding like a jet taking off.

On hot days, I don't even use my PS4.
>>
>>385133021
The PS4 Pro can be loud and you did not get a defective unit. If you get Uncharted 4 on disc, install it, and then play it without patching on a PS4 Pro, the console is quiet. However, once you patch up Uncharted 4 which includes PS Pro support (higher resolution and, I think, HDR), the PS4 Pro becomes a lot louder when playing the game.

If the noise bothers you that much and you still want a PS4, just buy the PS4 slim. If you want a quiet PS4 Pro, it's just not going to happen unless some time in the future Sony releases an updated PS4 Pro with better power dissipation characteristics.
>>
>>385133021
the only game that made my slim loud was ffxv, good little machine if you don't mind worse performance/graphics
>>
>>385134068
>>385134079
Mine sounded like that
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pm9hq5Bt3OA
It was fucking awful, I never got such loud piece of hardware. A lot of people told me it's fine and absolutely normal for Pro but in my opinion it's unacceptable. That guy actually got a replacement and said it's much quieter that's why I wonder if there's quiet Pro models and if I should try it once more.
>>
>>385133021
> 1080p tv
> ps4 pro

Nigga, what's the fucking point of a pro if you don't have a HDR 4k HDTV?
>>
>>385134609
>1080p instead of 720p in Nioh
>less framedrops and better framepacing in Bloodborne
>30fps instead of 23 in TLG
Shit like this mostly.
>>
File: 32245654.jpg (25KB, 306x334px) Image search: [Google]
32245654.jpg
25KB, 306x334px
>>385133021
>Pro's power
>>
>>385134729
Framepacing is not affected by the Pro or Boost Mode. It's a From engine problem.
>>
>>385134419
My PS4 Pro, when playing a PS4 Pro enhanced game, is about as loud as the one in the video. As soon as I terminate the game using the Close Application option, the noise from the console very quickly dies down after 10 or 15 seconds as the CPU and GPU is no longer running at full blast.

I don't think there is much you can do other than make sure that the console is in a well ventilated area and that there is nothing (dust, books, clothes, etc.) blocking the air intake areas of the console. It might also help if you clean out the interior of the console if there is an accumulation of dust.

Outside of that, you'll have to resort to more exotic means of making the console quiet such as modifications that use better kit to cools the processors.
>>
>>385134836
I think DF said it's slightly better with Boost Mode.
>>
For me it depends on the game. Most pro support games only run as loud as the regular ps4 did with all games, while non-pro games are essentially silent which is a big upgrade from the regular. Then you have stuff like Nier where it sounds like a literal vacuum cleaner, but I've heard even the regular and slim can do that with the game.

Personally I'd just like the option to toggle off pro-support at a system level for the few games that get so noisy. It should be an easy thing to implement, but at the same time it's kind of crazy from a marketing standpoint to add a feature that removes a feature.
>>
Pros in general are loud as fuck when playing Pro enhanced games. Only delusional fanboys deny it.

I returned mine twice and they were all just as loud.
>>
>>385133021
>>385135610
>have a pro
>play horizon for 3 hours straight
>barely a sound

Is this only in american sold ps4s? Or is it a meme altogether?
>>
>>385133021
Just put 4 erasers under the corners of the ps4 to aid cooling and you're set
>>
>>385135065
the frame-rate is better not the frame-pacing because the pacing is set by the engine not the hardware of the console.
>>
>>385135360
Yeah, Nier demo was where I first noticed it. Really surprised me, never heard about whole jet engine thing but noticed right away. They only thing which bothering me is how some people with Pro claim their systems silent playing Nier. One guy even told me he had two Pros, one was silent while other made that jet engine noise and apparently it was a faulty unit.
>>
>>385135763
Is your PS4 Pro vertically oriented (standing on its edge)?

>>385135813 seems to imply that setting the console on its edge will allow more air to flow through the console, improve cooling, and allow the console to run more quietly.
>>
On my PC I only ever saw my case fan turn on once.

It was on the hottest day of Summer, and the whole system was running 70-100% for several hours
>>
>>385136013
I tested both on my Pro, it has nothing to do with positioning. The problem is, Pro just can't get enough air so it sucks it like crazy and all those holes make an awful sound. I removed the lid and console became quiet immediately. But it's fucking stupid to use it like this. I guess Sony really fucked up with cooling system on Pro.

But again, guys like this >>385135763 really confuse me. Why some Pros are quiet?
>>
>>385133021

The only time I hear my Slim is while the disc is moving. Otherwise I never notice it.
>>
>>385133021
just wait for the xbox one x

it will be quiet
>>
>>385133021
Slim is the quietest since it uses a smaller sized chip so it uses less power and makes less heat.
Also it's easy to access the fan to clean it out too so if it ever gets a bit loud you can easily clean it.
>>
>>385136587
Yeah, it sure will be quiet while playing all those Xbox exclusives.
>>
>>385136013
It does help a bit but if he has a jet engine PS4 it's just going to turn it into a a quieter jet engine PS4.
>>
File: nibba.jpg (172KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
nibba.jpg
172KB, 2048x1152px
>>385136013
>>385136393
This is the way is stands.

Maybe because I keep the AC on all the times?
>>
>>385136393
>Why some Pros are quiet?
I can guarantee his ps4 pro is just as loud as yours. They are not quiet.
>>
>>385136393
I can only guess:

1. Perhaps some PS4 Pros have their heat sinks better coupled, thermally, to the processors. I think the PS4 Pros sold in the U.S. are assembled in Mexico. Perhaps units sold in other parts of the world are assembled in places with better quality control?

2. Some people who say their PS4 Pros are quiet are not playing games that push the PS4 Pro processors to their limits. As I noticed in a previous post, a physical, unpatched copy of Uncharted 4 is not enhanced for the PS4 Pro and the console runs the game quietly.

3. Some people are lying about the PS4 Pros being quiet.

4. What is unbearably loud to one person may be silent to another. This could be related to how good one's hearing is as well as one's distance from the console.
>>
>>385136845
wow dude, when were you in my house? maybe I didn't heard you come in because my pro was too loud, eh?

It's quite you retard, my geforce housefire card is louder then it
>>
>>385136830
Thanks. I turn on my air conditioner, too, but perhaps my thermostat is set much higher than yours. I keep it at roughly 78 degree Fahrenheit.
>>
File: 1497561024691.jpg (17KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1497561024691.jpg
17KB, 320x320px
>Have white PS4
>It's loud as fuck and sounds like a jet taking off
Sony and their shitty hardware
>>
>>385137093
Simmer down
>>
>>385137165
It depends on the AC and the size of the room. Mine is at 80 degrees (converted it for you from 27) but it gets fucking cold where I sit, I even were socks
>>
>>385137046
I had loud EU console so I guess it has nothing to do with region.
>>
>>385137420
OK. I live in the southern U.S. (hot and humid right now) in a relatively large home. I don't have any air conditioner vents close to blowing directly on the PS4 Pro. Also, the AC definitely doesn't blow air that is cold enough for me to need to wear additional clothing.
>>
Why is being quiet even relevant? I really don't give a fuck if my machines are loud. I grew up with loud as fuck PCs and I don't care either when my PS4 launch version gets loud.
>>
>>385137832
>Drone logic
>>
>>385137832
The noise is irritating to some people for starters. Another concern is that if the fans are running that hard, the machine is more prone to fail since it is running very hot.
>>
>>385137732
Well, I live by the sea as well so humidity is up the ass. But my AC is this one and my room is small enough to become cold. I really think that it just depends on when it's manufactured though 2-3 degrees in the room shouldn't be a factor
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.