[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just started the Witcher and got to this battle. How the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

File: 20170725194857_1.jpg (455KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170725194857_1.jpg
455KB, 1920x1080px
I just started the Witcher and got to this battle. How the fuck is this fight even fair? The beast can just throw pain debuff on you whenever it feels like it and Abigail either dies in three seconds or does fuck all. And even after beating this fucker through sheer chance of coups de grace, suddenly those stupid peasants start attacking Abigail, killing her before the cutscene that makes them enemies triggers. wooooow

THAT part thread I guess
>>
>>385128853
Tough to say. You're probably doing something else. Do some other missions if you have any to level up. Spend skill points. Using alchemy. Use signs. What difficulty are you playing on?
>>
>>385129021
*You're probably doing something wrong.
>>
>>385129021
Playing on hard, the rest has been piss easy so farr. I'm a completionist, so I'm pretty sure I got every side mission. Aard stun is the best I can hope for I think, as drinking a potion wastes time.
>>
Yep, this fight was a ridiculous difficulty spike that I've seen a number of people get stopped by.

I can't remember what I did exactly, but I remember dying nearly instantly every try, thentrying again with a different set of potions and it was piss easy; which is usually how every encounter in this series works.
>>
Use the aard sign and then kill him in one hit.
>>
>>385129239

If you stun the beast with aard it can be one-shotted.
>>
>>385128853
The trick is to get resistance to pain. I think it was a level up you could get. Basically restart unless there was a pain ot make pain resistance potions at that point.
>>
>>385128853
Had to kite the fucker on hard and use blizzard potion, took about 5 minutes.
Also Abigail can go down during this fight, she won't die.
>>
Honestly, stop playing. I got past this fight, but it doesn't really get better afterwards. The rest of the game's easy but there's nothing pleasant about it, nothing to hold your attention and set it apart from any other game.

Just keep reloading until you can manage to kill them without them killing her first. If you have a save beforehand try using salves and potions.
>>
>>385129239
Two days ago I did this fight and it was hard. It's his ability to inflict pain that's the problem as it makes you incapacitated.

What I did was I went back a save and invested in the bronze trait in strength that allows Geralt to be immune to pain when he is intoxicated. This allowed me to spam away at the beast.

Make sure you keep Abigail alive, she will heal you. If you want to use any potions try to use them after Aarding the beast.
>>
>>385129857
There are some high parts id argue but yeah, its a pretty big pain with only motivation being it has a pretty good ending and story. Gameplay isnt that intresting and annoying for the most part.
>>
OP here

So what I'm reading is that boss fights in this game are basically the same as persona. First scout for weaknesses, then prepare and fight the boss for real. Great.

>>385129824
>Also Abigail can go down during this fight, she won't die.
The only reason why I keep retrying is because I don't want her to die. So if her going down has no impact whatsoever I'll just let that happen and finish the fight on my own.

>>385129895
>Make sure to keep Abigail alive, she will heal you
>will heal you
ha, no. half the time she just stands there or sticks her dagger. The other half she dies
>>
Load an older save, grind drowners unti you level up, get the Aard upgrade that stuns enemies. Use Aard on the Beast and if it gets stunned one hit kill it.
>>
File: Cutscene_Abi_saved_2.png (2MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
Cutscene_Abi_saved_2.png
2MB, 2048x1152px
>>385129857
>The rest of the game's easy but there's nothing pleasant about it, nothing to hold your attention and set it apart from any other game.
holy shit, kill yourself
>>
>>385130302
Well she healed me during the fight; that bubble effect. She is not easy to keep alive, I give you that but its worth trying.

Anyways if you are having trouble dealing with the beast's pain ability, take my advice. Good luck.
>>
>>385128853
Oil your sword.
>>
File: 20170725201813_1.jpg (333KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
20170725201813_1.jpg
333KB, 1920x1080px
Done. The fight was easy as expected once I stopped focusing on keeping her alive. Hilarious how she casually gets up after the fight. Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to gamble all my orens in poker dice
>>
>>385130302
Protip for later bosses and overall combatting against big annoying enemies:

When you get the Quen sign you will become untouchable.
This sign disspells after a certain time or when you perfrom any action that isn't movement and the Yrden sign which you can cast while your inpeneterable shield is up.
So you can basicly cast deadly spikes in the ground and lure enemies inside it without taking any damage at all.
I don't know if this is an intentional mechanic or an exploit but it's pretty cool and useful to know about.
>>
>>385128853
There is a small spot between a house and a fence where you can stay without the hounds reaching you. Just stay there
>>
>not letting that semen demon witch get killed after you fucked her
>>
>>385128853
I wonder why alchemy is even in the game?
>>
>>385128853
truly the dark souls of rpgs
>>
>>385131734
Alchemy is great this game, especially if you know your to do proper alchemy combo bonus.
>>
>>385131734
it's a fucking god send, what are you talking about?
>>
>>385131734
It becomes essential on hard difficulty.
They should have just make hard difficulty default and removed easy and normal, many dumb complains about this game would never exist.
>muh glowing sword cursor
>>
>>385131980
>>385132154
>it's a fucking god send
Well, that's what my point was exactly: if you are struggling with any part of the game, you are most likely not using it.
>>
>>385130736
It's still true tough, the amount of fetch questing (running across the map multiple times to ask an npc something) combined with the braindead combat just made go into autopilot for the rest of the game, dom where into chapter 2.

Not a terrible game but it was hard to like it.
>>
>>385132574
Stopped caring somewhere into chapter 2*
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.