[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>The only decent BC private server worked only for the 5 hours

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 310
Thread images: 30

File: 1501004457185.png (71KB, 651x422px) Image search: [Google]
1501004457185.png
71KB, 651x422px
>The only decent BC private server worked only for the 5 hours before Blizzard forced owner to shut it down
>>
>>385128131
>WAHHH I WORKED ON VANILLA WOW AND NOW PEOPLE ARENT PLAYING IT!!!!

embarrassing
>>
>caring about wow
>ever
even on release it was mediocre at best
>>
They didnt actually C&D Cummy, he made it up because he saw how expensive the server would actually be.

Also Mark Kern is an overentitled faggot who thought he could do better than Vanilla and left to immediately ruin some other game.
>>
>>385128131
Why did he even host the server in the US, anyway?
>>
Who could
POSSIBLY
have seen this coming?!
>>
File: questions.gif (61KB, 300x351px) Image search: [Google]
questions.gif
61KB, 300x351px
>claims to get the C&D early in the morning
>launches the server anyways
>shuts it down a few hours later
>>
>>385128339
>>385128587

Here comes the Blizzard defense force
>>
Lets everyone make a pirate WOW server
Eventualy blizzard will go bankrupt with the money they are expending on lawyers
>>
>>385128131
Is there a source for that? I know blizz sends their pack of lawyers when someone is making money out of their game, but I doubt they'll waste money on pirate servers. The natural thing is to send out C&D letters and get it over with, I doubt anyone has the balls to keep the server up after a C&D.
>>
are they even paying legal fee's for that though?
seems to me it's just a case of Blizzard employee is employed to protect IP, finds an issue, sends an email/letter, reciever instantly stops because they wouldnt fuck dare attempt start anything

thats just a dude doing his job and hell these days you could fucking do it just by browsing 4chan and reddit because they happily advertise themselves
>>
>>385128131
nostcucks blown out AGAIN. when will blizzard stop winning?
>>
>>385128873
It was funny as fuck, so who cares
I still smile about soft relaunch meme
>>
>>385128760
>I coded this private server
>therefore I own the rights and can host it in the U.S.
>>
>Nostalrius is back once again
Will WoW babies ever stop being the laughing stocks of the internet?
>>
>>385129245
what about Nostalrius?
>>
>>385128131
>waste money on a vanilla server
>abandoned after a month

really makes me think
>>
>>385129649
Didn't they just send out a C&D? Regardless, nost had a pretty big gold trading market going on, it's not like most servers in that sense.
>>
>>385128131
>host a server in the USA
>surprised it gets shutdown instantly
>>
One thing I don't understand is why are server emulators illegal, but console emulators legal? And I'm not talking about pirating the game and playing on a, let's call them emulated, server. Because pirating a PS2 disc and playing it on an emulator is illegal as well.
But if writing a code that emulates a console and playing legally bought games on it is legal, how come writing a code that emulates a server and playing a legally bought copy of WoW illegal?

Why is emulating hardware legal but software illegal?
>>
>>385130321
The real answer is because our government is corrupt. The answer you're looking for is private servers use WoW assets.
>>
why not just have p2p wow?
>>
>>385130541
wow is p2p
>>
>>385130321
Private servers still have copyrighted content on them (server side). Console emulators don't.
>>
>>385130515
>private servers use WoW assets.
Oh I didn't know that, I thought all the servers were coded from scratch. I guess it kind of makes some sort of legalese sense, not that I approve of the practice of not letting players play the game they paid for.
>>
>>385130321
They're not technically illegal, but since theyre hosted by fans they're not gonna try and fight blizzard. Wow is also currently running. Ive played tons of dead mmos on private servers.
>>
>>385130321
When wow stops running you'll have an arguement to make about game archival. Until then WoW is an ongoing service and you're using their own assets and code, etc to run the same service.

You don't see how that might be a bit dodgy?
>>
>>385130321
Console makers know it's futile to fight emulation. Although Nintendo does do shit like force popular Rom websites to remove their games from being downloaded, this is ultimately more of a safeguard to keep as many complete and utter normies from downloading shit.

A WoW server takes time and money to hold up, so Blizzard has the power to knock it down which they will to try to keep players subscribed. Why they don't just launch of a few classic servers is beyond me though.
>>
>>385130887
You're completely mistaken, Cemu is legal and it sure as hell there is no archiving argument there. Now if they are using their assets that's a different story.
>>
>>385130616
so then why do you need a server?

>>385130931
no, because console emulation cant be fought; its legal so long as nothing is stolen
>>
>>385130931
No, they don't fight it because it's completely legal at least in the US. What is illegal is distributing roms
>>
>>385128131
It would cost them much more because it would show their investors that their old products were much better.

>Put up a vanilla/TBV server
>It quickly becomes more popular than Legion
>Investors realize you produce shit games now
This is why they will never do it.
>>
File: later homo.jpg (38KB, 500x499px) Image search: [Google]
later homo.jpg
38KB, 500x499px
>he doesn't play on Excalibur
>>
>>385130996
>hardware emulating and software emulation are the same thing.

There's a reason most people that make emulators tell you to use your own BIOS anon.
>>
>>385130931
>Why they don't just launch of a few classic servers is beyond me though.

It takes time and players away from the current dev team and playerbase. You could argue that most people interested in private servers don't play live, but I'm willing to bet most do.

Also, I guarantee Blizz would require you to own a copy of the most current expansion + sub fees for legacy servers; I feel like most private server players would not pay this, because they want to have their cake and eat it too.
>>
>>385131084
>make something
>is popular
>HOLY SHIT WE SHOULD RUN AWAY THIS COMPANY IS DEAD

never invest dude
>>
>>385130931
>Why they don't just launch of a few classic servers is beyond me though.
It would take an assload of work to update classic WoW to a modern professional playable state. That's many many many years of security updates, performance updates, code infrastructure that doesn't exist anymore in the current version, etc.
And they would have to KEEP updating it.
Private servers can get away with a half-functioning product, not them.
>>
>>385130616
He meant peer 2 peer not pay 2 play.

>>385131042
>so then why do you need a server?
You're also wrong because a p2p game has a listen server running on the host machine as well. You always need a server for multiplayer.
>>
>>385128760
>>385128873
>>385129957
It wouldn't have mattered where he hosted the server since Blizzard would just take legal action against him personally. The only way to host a private server without Blizzard intervening is to live in Russia/China or if the server is small enough that it goes under rader.
>>
>>385131167
>Make something
>Release a 10 year older version
>Everyone prefers the 10 year older version
Don't tell me you don't see the problem here
>>
>>385128131
Can you imagine their offices?

>Sir, we have saved enough to make a vanilla serv-
>Shut down private that private server that just started 2 hours ago.
>But sir, if we focus on our own there wont be any reason for them to-
>Did I fucking stutter?
>>
>>385131084
I doubt it would be more popular than current WoW.

People would initially flock to it in droves, then they would be reminded of all those QoL changes that they suddenly don't have anymore, they would remember the grinds, the attunements, the arbitrary gear requirements. And then they would drop it, and you have a small dedicated playerbase remaining.

No point.
>>
>>385131129
Well that was the whole point of my question, why is emulating hardware and emulating software treated differently. And the answer is apparently that emulating a server needs copyrighted assets while emulating hardware doesn't.
>>
>>385131269
>they are making more money and your stocks have more value

Like I said, never invest.
>>
I remember when blizzard said that private servers are like demo and free publicity for them
>>
>>385131357
>They are making more money by realising an older product
>Meaning their new products are likely to be bad
>Meaning it's a bad long term investment
HMMMMMMMMMM
>>
>>385131225
No it wouldn't, that's the thing. Vanilla players don't want updates, they could just run the server with a big warning that it's unstable.
>>
>>385128339
"mmm. Nothing like some corporate cock to start my morning"
- you
>>
>>385131474
Yeah just like overwatch right? A huge flop lmao.
>>
>>385131326
>, they would remember the grinds, the attunements, the arbitrary gear requirements. And then they would drop it
Exact same thing happened to me when I recently tried playing on a TBC server. Quit while grinding revered rep for heroics.
>>
>>385131483
SECURITY updates, Anon.
And gamebreaking exploits etc etc
A server from that many years ago is a programmer's nightmare. It's maintainability fucking hell.
>>
id say play elysium but goodluck leveling on a high pop in vanilla. its almost impossible with no patience
>everyone follows the same guide
>OK GO HERE AND COLLECT DWARF PENIS WHILE STOPPING BY HERE AND THERE
>dwarf penis has 5 people constantly fighting respawns that last an eternity
>here and there has 5 more people
i got to 39 and gave up
>>
>>385131636
>A server from that many years ago is a programmer's nightmare. It's maintainability fucking hell.
It would still print money for them like crazy, so I assume it would be more than worth the effort.
>>
>>385131659
>forced to grind mobs because not enough quests

Vanilla lvling was painful.
>>
>>385131548
It's pretty much the only good argument they have right now. And even in OV the pro scene is dying because they didn't manage to release the league in a fucking year.
>>
>>385131729
Alternatively they've done an analysis and decided that it wouldn't be worth it.

Remember by doing a WoW vanilla server that means they're not doing something else.
>>
>>385131326
Perhaps, but they would also get the old feeling of adventure and community back that doesn't exist in the world of cross realm everything and dumb-fuck tier easy content until high m+ and mythic raids.
>>
Why doesn't someone just take all of the WoW assets, reskin them, change the names of everything, then release it as some other MMO? Obviously you can't do this for fucking everything in the game, but start at vanilla levels of changes and go forward. It's not like the game isn't just a bunch of reskinned murlocs and ogres and shit anyways.

Isn't the main issue with the private servers that they're using Blizzard's assets? Is the battle system, stats system and raid system also considered a copyrighted asset?
>>
>>385131748
I thought it was fine, but I never felt the pressure to get to endgame ASAP in vanilla like I did in every expansion. In vanilla it was enough for me to be just some warlock dude, a small part of a huge fantasy world. It didn't matter to me I had to grind, as I didn't do repetitive shit for the sake of xp, I explored as I pleased and slowly got levels as I played.
>>
>>385131938
A vanilla server is not going to change the player base

>old raids are hard

lol
>>
>>385131659
That's why I couldn't get into Nostalrius. They should have capped the servers at 3-4k and just create more servers. Overpupulated servers aren't fun in the slightest. More adventurers than mobs makes the game shit.
>>
>>385131326
This is the thing. They probably simply ran the numbers and figured out that keeping full time employees makes it unprofitable. How many people did nost had at its peak, 10k?
That's about 2-3 servers that need to be run, at the very least one PvE and one PvP. 10k * $15 = $150000 monthly. Paying for 2 or 3 GMs for each server, plus extra charges, running the hardware, etc, the profits were probably predicted to be too small to be worth it.

And there's another thing too, Nost consolidated players from all over the world, which is impossible given how Bnet works. They would have at most 1.5-2k regular players per region. It's just not profitable. They were right, they think they do but they don't. The ones who do are a very small minority.
>>
>>385128131
When will private nerds learn that a fake version of WoW cannot compete with the original?

The progression is fake, the game is fake, FAKE NEWS!
>>
>>385132031
>this argument again
Old raids are simple but hard
New raids are complex but easy
Both are OK
>>
>>385131748
i wouldn't say its not that bad with rested exp but you're forced even more to do it on elysium.
but you run into problems there since its pvp and you got 5 other fuckers at the same mobs doing exactly what you wanted to do, grind mobs
STV is impossible to level so you are definitely forced to grind mobs.
all this without a mount too, i spent more time fucking walking everywhere because i didn't pic a dumb class with a travel form.

>>385131987
>I thought it was fine, but I never felt the pressure to get to endgame ASAP in vanilla
i agree. different though on private server since it people are 60 already and are bored as fuck going around fucking up lowbies
>>
>>385132107
>Old raids are simple but hard
no
>>
>>385132143
>your opinion
no
>>
>>385132107
Old raids are easy as fuck.

The only thing that holds people back is the gear. Either you have the gear and kill it in 1 try, or you don't and wipe endlessly. There were what, 2 mechanics per fight?
>>
>>385132031
You misunderstood me. I meant that right now, the content is utterly braindead until you get to the very highest tier of high m+ and mythic raiding. In vanilla/TBC even questing to level up was always somewhat challenging, to the point that you would often have to team up to level up effectively.

And I firmly believe that the game shapes the community. One of the reasons wow used to have great community was that it really forced you to work together with other players. It also encouraged you to make friends since all the people you met would always be on the same servers and could be met in the future.
>>
why don't these people try to hide their identity?
>>
>>385132216
>my facts
yes
>>
>>385131979
Maybe because programming an MMO that runs as well as WoW does is a feat of engineering? I can somehow believe an indie studio making assets comparable to those of vanilla WoW (lol as if, either they would rip them off and get sued or they would end up making LoL style graphics, indie devs ain't worth shit) but actually programming the backend? lmao no way
>>
>Mark Kern
>>
>>385132251
everyone was retarded back then though. now everyone can google shit for meta spec BiS elitist shit
>>
>>385132357
Gotta grind resits :^)
>>
>>385132357
I mean fucking hunter was nothing but AA.
>>
>>385132357
Most people also had computers that ran at 5 fps in raids.
>>
I still want lotro book 15 legacy server with sub
;_;
>>
File: 1484270898910.png (374KB, 787x619px) Image search: [Google]
1484270898910.png
374KB, 787x619px
>>385132107
>New raids are complex but easy

Post your [Cutting Edge: Kil'Jaeden]. Oh wait, a vanillababy guild wouldn't even complete normal ToS.
>>
>>385131729
>It would still print money for them like crazy
no it wouldnt. the biggest appeal of vanilla private servers is that they are free
>>
>>385132543
>no it wouldnt. the biggest appeal of vanilla private servers is that they are free
Don't they have permium accounts on those servers too? Shit like going in front of the que if the server is full, increased rep/xp/honor gains, shit like that, for people who pay some money at the start?
>>
File: shill.png (391KB, 485x461px) Image search: [Google]
shill.png
391KB, 485x461px
>>385131540
Use this
>>
I hopy gummy gives the source code to some other private server like Elysium. I've been waiting for a good private server/legacy servers for 5 fucking years and since Gummy (and Corecraft) flopped my life seems pointless.
>>
>>385132664
they have those and nobody pays for them. thats why the servers resort selling legendaries and gold to stay afloat
>>
>>385132760
Why don't you code one yourself?
>>
>>385130764
You really thought they do it from scratch? All the modelling and scripting? And the engine?
>>
>>385132664
This is the reason why nostr and elysium are so popular and why that TBC server was so promising
They didn't had any of usual epic shop/60lvl character shop/premium accounts shit
>>385132760
You still has hope according to one of Gummy's GM's discord comments when shit went down about "Flying to Russia for the visit", not really a big hope but still something
>>
do you think modern wow devs feel too much pride in their product now that people wanting legacy servers is a blow to the stomach?
>>
>>385128131
"private servers" fracture MMO communities.
If they openly allow private servers, the subscriber base will fall flat so quickly.

Without a large playerbase, the game will feel empty and dull.
>>
>>385133215
Probably.

I mean, they kept losing subscribers rapidly and yet kept casualising the game. From 3.2 until Warlords of Draenor the game only got more and more casual. And they kept making it more casual despite losing more and more players.

And I'm not saying Legion is not casual, it's extremely casual. I just feel like Legion is the first expansion since TBC and didn't casualize the game even further.
>>
>>385133215
If their analysis determined they would make more money by doing it, they would be bound to their shareholders to do it.

So it probably isn't worth
>>
>>385133387
Except you don't need more than a few thousand people on a single server for the game to feel very much alive.
>>
>>385133040
Those assets, models and so on, are in the client, not in the server. The engine I didn't know. I thought the server was more like calculating weapons procs, how abilities worked and so on.
>>
>>385133215
it might be a small factor, but in for a corporation as large as Activision-Blizzard, pride or any other emotion plays no role in decision making, it's all about squeezing as much profit as possible in any way possible.
>>
>>385133215
Money drives everything. Pride has little do with it. They had their think-tanks, share holder meetings, numerous analysis teams figuring out if it's worth the money or not.

They determined it wasn't.
>>
I'm sure the market will come to a solution

The solution: it won't make any money, fucking knock it off
>>
>>385128131
> hosting in the US
What was he seriously expecting?
>>
Didn't Mark Cern and the Bliz CEO guy have some big press event about them sending 9999999999 signatures in for Vanilla WoW? I seriously thought we were going to see a Vanilla WoW server run by Blizzard and the "common nostalrius man" win out because Blizzard actually has a heart instead of just being a soulless corporate machine.

Did Blizzard just take a huge dump on all of that and told those vanillababies to go off themselves? If so, that's hilarious.
>>
>>385132073
Nost only peaked at ~15k because they were stretching the hosting paper thin. If the hardware existed, there would have been even more players.
>>
>>385131251
Pretty sure Elysium hasn't gone under the radar. Are the owners russian?
>>
>>385134413
Yes, they are Russian.
>>
>>385134351
They did but who gives a fuck about some bot generated signatures? Blizzard just told them to fuck off.
>>
>>385134351
WoW is a piece of shit that killed good MMOs, so watching retards who unironically love it get cucked over and over is hilarious. Actual karmic retribution.
>>
>>385134747
STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE REEEEEE
>>
Mark Kern ruined Firefall and I will see him die before his time for this transgression.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqyZjJAOWUI
>>
People have access to FREE vanilla/tbc/wotlk content and the servers have like 5k population.
What happens when they have to pay 15$ a month to play that content?
>>
>>385134921
Everybody will move to them if it's done by Blizzard.
>>
>>385134921
>and the servers have like 5k population.

Uh, wrong. There are plenty of low pop servers though, sure. Because they're scripted like shit.
>>
>>385130321
in theory wow servers are on a grey zone regarding "ilegality"
you can make a server but can't profit from it
>>
>>385135248
Couldn't be more utterly incorrect if you tried, anon. They're plain illegal.
>>
>>385135072
>scripted like shit
explain?
>>
>>385135309
I take it you're not aware of what private servers are, anon?

Only the clients have ever been shared with users. Server-side software has been completely reverse engineered. While people hosting a private server now don't have to start from absolute scratch, they have to script every ability, boss encounter and mechanic. The client never stored any of that information.
>>
File: 1486243582927.jpg (22KB, 351x351px) Image search: [Google]
1486243582927.jpg
22KB, 351x351px
I dont want to play vanilla over and over I got sick of it by the time TBC came out. Was also sick of TBC by the time WOTLK came out etc.

I want a new MMO.
>>
>>385135510
oh is that why rogues stealth is absolutely fucking shitty
>>
>>385135632
Everyone wants a new mmo when what they really want is go back 10 years and playe wow again.
The new mmo is never going to come.
>>
>>385128339
nigger go back to gaf.
>>
>>385135682
Stealth always was shitty until wotlk
>>
File: 1488169733568.png (157KB, 500x517px) Image search: [Google]
1488169733568.png
157KB, 500x517px
>>385132304
>mfw there's developers and software engineers who worked on WoW for ten years who now cant work on any other game ever because all they know is this hacked to shit WC3 engine and nothing else
>>
>>385135752
Ive had fun with other MMOs, just not with that big wave of WoW clones.
WoW is exactly what I dont want right now when I have been playing it for 12 years.

Dipped into FFXI recently and that was alright in a way, but the general controls and menus ultimately turned me off.
>>
>>385135682
Vanish not functioning for dick and NPCs continuing to know where you are in stealth is a known bug in a basic framework that has been around for a decade; MANGOS. So yes, thats exactly why.

Felmyst was so hyped because the developer actually fixed pretty much everything, down to the finer details. Unlike most servers that skipped the minor stuff. He's still a tard for hosting in the US, but that was the draw.
>>
Why does blizzard care so much about private servers? Most popular MMOs have private servers and leave them alone.
>>
>>385135682
>>385135510
>>385135072
>>385134921
And the Gummy's TBC server (Felmyst) which was shutdown 5 hours after release was really good. Their team had been developing it for almost 5 years. Fuck Blizzard, in my opinion I should be allowed to play TBC since I bought it back in 2007.
>>
>>385136056
>most popular mmos
thats like WoW, FF14 and EVE.
>>
>>385136125
Story? I heard some anons talk about felmyst before but I never paid any attention to it, did it really get shut down after 5 hours? That's savage, they were really hyping that server up
>>
>>385135848
>>385136006
i'm probably looking way into shit but i remember doing a lot of BRD stealth runs for pickpocketing and farming a barman shanker and had no problem.

but people are saying they made the mobs way more resisting to stealth and being spotted way easier. something about trying to sell more devilsaur leather and some sort of retarded mafia controlling devilsaur drops

but yeah might be reading into it too much
>>
>>385136125
Given how things went he might never release the source doe because hes literally retarded.
>>
>>385135752
It'll happen eventually. We've swung down from MMO to ten faggots in an arena and are now swinging back up again. It's only a matter of time until somebody thinks of using "You can play with a shitton of people!" as a draw again. It'll probably a very different kind of game, though.
And thank god for that, Tab-Targetting is dogshit
>>
>>385128131
AND YOU DON'T WANT THAT EITHER YOU MIGHT THINK YOU DO
>>
>>385136190
Try 2D chinese shit. EvE really isn't that popular anymore, either. As I speak there are under 30k online. Fuckin' tiny.
>>
I've tried so many different MMOs and they all last me a week at max, then I go back to WoW
fuck retail though, it's such a shitshow right now
>>
>>385132073
That's some mighty bad math.

The amount of _concurrent_ players peaked at ~15k like >>385134356 said (note: this only includes the pvp server, the pve server had a couple of thousand extra). Nost had around 150k active accounts (defined as having played in the past month iirc) with 800k total accounts created. So first you should increase your numbers by tenfold.

Secondly, one is a private server by a bunch of nobodies, and the other is a multimillion company. Are you implying that blizzard wouldn't be able to attract more players than a buggy private server?
>>
>>385136190
MMOs have been dead for ten years.
>>
>>385136230
Yes it did. Someone from Blizzard literally knocked the project developers door and handed him the C&D letter.
>>
>>385136435
>Are you implying that blizzard wouldn't be able to attract more players than a buggy private server?
Marketing, updating, maintaining and developing a parallel branch of the game is not cheap at all. And most of those players would never pay for a subscription. Saying that 10% of the players would pay for retail vanilla is being generous. Plus they would need at the very least 2 NA servers, 2 EU and 2 Asian. Do you really believe Activision would say no to free money?
>>
>>385133995

Man I think you are seriously overestimating how much analysis went into their decision. They probably had a few dipshits logic their way around some numbers and give a manager a slideshow presentation and he gave the higher ups a yes/no.
>>
>>385136435
The server was also free and big chunks of the population were russians, chinese and other third worldler scum who wouldnt pay full subscription fees anyways, or at least no the whole amount.

There's no real way to make proper napkin math to prove either side right there.
>>
>>385136571
that's cold lmao
>>
>>385136698
You don't need to develop a game you've already developed, and what does "updating" mean? They're not branches, either. Thats not what you think that word means.

But ActiBlizzard isn't saying no to free money. They're most likely thinking along the vein that they don't want to split the userbase or distract from how "epic" the current expac is. Harder to market a game as the best when you're also offering previous iterations of it.

Oh, and Everquest does this by the way. Private servers included. It did absolutely fine.
>>
>>385136287
Releasing the source is honestly a terrible idea. As it stands, there is still potential for another well-scripted project to pop up, but with the source available for anyone to use, hundreds of servers could potentially pop up with only a few hundred playing on each of them. A move like that would have the potential to make Burning Crusade private servers never work again because of how split the population would be. That's not even touching the fact that it would give Blizzard incentive to actually pursue legal action about Gummy - it doesn't matter how secretly he leaks the code, if it gets out, Blizzard just has to pursue a case against him for hosting the server in the first place.
>>
It's time to admit that most of the people who want a Classic server never actually played Classic. There's no sense pretending you were there. The thing is, what made Classic so appealing was a combination of being 18 years old and having a great group to play with online. That coupled with the mystery of the game and having to use trial and error to discover things added to the sense of wonder. Now that everything is datamined weeks before release and there are absolutely no secrets left to find, the game is shit. Remember, most of your friends quit years ago, and the few people who DID play Classic back then AND want legacy servers are clinging to severe nostalgia about a game that did not age well and most people would not enjoy as it existed in 2004.

It's time to admit you don't really want Classic servers. Pic related, inb4:
>b-b-ut you never played it!!
>>
>>385137161
>what made Classic so appealing was a combination of being 18 years old and having a great group to play with online
I was 14 nigga and it was glorious but I agree with you anyway.
>>
>>385137161
what were you doing in 2010?
>>
File: 1484437542044.gif (1MB, 201x269px) Image search: [Google]
1484437542044.gif
1MB, 201x269px
>>385137161
Yeah Nost was full of people not having fun in a shit game. As is Elysium. As is Kronos.
>>
>>385137161
You got me. All the fun I had on nost was artificial fun.
>>
>>385137161
is this copy pasta
because i remember being there during ahn qiraj
>>
>>385137290
I moved to Ohio in 2009 to live with the girl I met online (in Warcraft, no less) and her parents. We were there a little over a year and at the time they had satellite internet, so no Warcraft for me. To tell the truth, though, most of my major fun was during Classic and TBC, due to the group dynamic I mentioned above. By WOTLK a lot of the core players I enjoyed raiding with had quit.

>>385137381
>>385137387
I'm not saying that every single person fits into the mold I put above.

>>385137456
No, I just typed it. I remember that too. The guy who actually rang the gong on my home server (Scarlet Crusade US) was a complete faggot.
>>
>>385136979
learn some software development before talking out your ass
the devs may object to vanilla servers due to their ego being hurt, but the suits are the ones calling the shots and they wouldn't say no to money
>>
>>385137161
Yeah, that's why Felmyst had 10k+ in queue and a lot of people couldn't even create accounts on the launch day because of the huge influx of players.
>>
>>385137161

>mystery of the game and having to use trial and error to discover things

Kek trial and error my ass, you googled shit when you didn't know what to do
>>
the real reason why blizzard wont/cant make a legacy server is implementing battle.net would be extremely difficult. theyve said that multiple times. thats the biggest hurdle for them
>>
>>385137510
>I'm not saying that every single person fits into the mold I put above
Yeah, apparently literally hundreds of thousands of people don't, making your post rather stupid.

>>385137523
>the suits are the ones calling the shots and they wouldn't say no to money

Thats what I said you illiterate fuckboy
>>
>>385137634
not to mention people would abandon them in a month.
>>
>>385133387
>Without a large playerbase, the game will feel empty and dull.
Why does fucking playerbase matter anymore? You just sit in your garrison and queue for shit. Not like there is anything to do in the open world or a need to find a party.
Also lmao at you thinking this is at all the same game.
>>
>>385137510
68% of the ~30k respondents on nostalrius' survey had played vanilla on retail. But please tell me. What evidence do you have that most of the people who want vanilla servers never played vanilla?
>>
>>385128443
second post best post
>>
>>385137675
I don't understand anon, you're arguing people would abandon a blizzard quality realm within months when its already been proven people will put up with buggy rigged-together laggy private servers.

Are you dense?
>>
>>385128131
>actually believing that high pitched faggot got a C&D from blizzard
LMAO he just underestimated the amount of people wanting to play and used a C&D as an excuse to shut the server down. that's why he put it back up on a different private IP.
feels good you guys got BTFO by some autist, you deserve it for forgetting what blizzard did to nostalrius.
>>
>>385137734
someones out of the loop
>>
>>385137634
Makes sense.
It's not like Activision is a large company with money or anything. It's too bad they are legally obligated to use battlenet.
>>
>>385137734
>You just sit in your garrison and queue for shit.
I mean, I'm really tired of Legion but thats not true even a little bit.

You can't queue for relevant content at all, and you don't sit in your order hall for any significant amount of time at all. I only visited it once a week once the campaign was over.
>>
>>385137580
How many of those players would have been burned out after a month, I wonder? I'm unfamiliar with Felmyst - was a 1x leveling speed server?

>>385137650
>literally hundreds of thousands
I'd really, really like to see some numbers from a source other than anon.

>>385137740
Do you not think that those numbers got inflated by the false hope of some people thinking "if Blizzard ever sees these numbers, they'll see that we really want Classic servers and they'll open official ones!"?
>>
>>385128131
Due to general upkeep, moderating and patching, that would likely be very untrue
>>
>>385137761
just because they are free

are you dense?
>>
>realize the only reason i wanted vanilla and bc back was because of the memories surrounding them
its not the same spending summer nights playing this shit on a single monitor. finally raiding molten core after doing a job resume to even get into a guild as a rogue.
smoking with a friend then we go do gladiator and raid karazhan. not having any real life responsibilities

private servers aren't the same. they are overpopulated, and filled with russians, chinese and elitist who already know the best shit with google to the side
>>
>>385137808
What'd i miss? Heard they renamed garrisons but I haven't played for a while now.
>>385137851
What the fuck can't you queue for? Just major PVE raids?
>>
File: 1500998469268.jpg (49KB, 361x516px) Image search: [Google]
1500998469268.jpg
49KB, 361x516px
>>385137871
>I'd really, really like to see some numbers from a source other than anon.

Like the Nostalrius post mortem?
>>
>>385137851
It's okay, anon, the person you're replying to is clearly retarded.
>>
>>385137950
>What the fuck can't you queue for? Just major PVE raids?

Mythic dungeons, Mythic+ dungeons, All raids other than LFR. PvP is a minigame that kind of requires queuing.
>>
>>385134921
People will resub to play those. Maybe in the process the WoW team would actually reflect on what went wrong and try to bring the current game back to the standards it disgracefully fell from.

I guess vanilla specific might be a stretch, but I don't get why it's such a tough concept to have servers that reset and rotate through all of the past content back up to retail. It's exactly what the modern WoW team has been dying to have - content that they don't actually have to work on that they can just endlessly cycle people through, like the big shot MOBAs.
>>
>>385137948
>wow servers during vanilla and bc
>weren't full of nihao farmers
Why people who obviously never played during that time still make retarded posts like that?
>>
File: WoW history.png (35KB, 1026x966px) Image search: [Google]
WoW history.png
35KB, 1026x966px
>>385137161
This is bullshit. I played in Vanilla and quit in the beginning of Wrath, and I've played and raided on Scriptcraft 1 and 2, Nostalrius, and Kronos 2, raiding all the way up to 4 horsemen in retail vanilla and all the way through C'thun on private servers. I legitimately enjoy the game, and although I'm burnt out on shitty Vanilla private servers, I would gladly play on and enjoy either official Blizzard legacy servers or a decent Burning Crusade private server.

There are a lot of seemingly terrible game design decisions in early iterations of WoW that people point at as examples of why WoW wasn't actually good, but a lot of these things have subtle effects on the way the game is experienced. Terrible itemization, for instance, made the items that were actually good that much more legendary; getting something like an Onslaught girdle or an Ashkandi felt absolutely fantastic, and I don't believe there's a single item in Legion that's worth remembering the name of besides a few of the however many class legendaries now exist in the game.
>>
>>385137161
This. It's not like there are private servers where we can literally play vanilla and old expansions. Surely all those Nos players complaining their server shutdown were having a terrible time and hated it.
>>
>>385138112
oh i remember the chinese ice mages farming at tyrs hand

maybe its because private servers are way higher in pop so its more noticeable
>>
>>385138112
Because they like to pretend they are oldfags
>>
>>385137871
>they're all just lying!!11
Got it.

You have absolutely no evidence to back up your claims, and then claim that the other side's evidence is wrong.

How about you do like a rational person does, and make your judgement after seeing the data? What you're doing is starting from your own opinion. You played vanilla and don't want vanilla. Perhaps you asked a single friend or two. Therefore you assume that most people don't. After that, you seek for evidence that agrees with you, but because the only evidence that exists contradicts your own beliefs, you disregard the evidence completely instead of revising your own beliefs.

I don't understand how people have so much trust in their own beliefs that are based on absolutely nothing. Utterly puzzling, and absolutely retarded.
>>
File: 1499438307311.png (158KB, 268x236px) Image search: [Google]
1499438307311.png
158KB, 268x236px
>>385138112
>>385138339
>NAH UH YOU DIDNT PLAY THEN, I DID!
>WERE THE TRUE OGs
>>
Vanilla servers wouldn't work. The population would stagnate by default due to player burnout. This is unavoidable fact. There would have to be something done to keep it interesting.
>>
>>385138592
Not an argument sweetie.
>>
>>385138632
Tardlet.
>>
TBC was objectively the best version of WoW. I just want a TBC server. Fuck you Blizzard forever for closing down Felmyst.
>>
>>385138112
The best part was seeing the ways they would use to circumvent the methods blizzard tried to use to prevent them, like hacking themselves high up in the air so they'd fall down, die and spell the sites with their corpses.
>>
>>385138754
It's the truth, no matter how many extremely hurtful names you throw at me.
>>
>>385138850
Double tardlet.
>>
>>385138124
For me all the unbalances and general unfairness in vanilla WoW made the world much more immersive to me.

>you mean I have to go all the way to The Barrens as a lvl 30 alliance warlock to get my new demon?
>proceed to have a trip for hours on foot with a friend on a pvp server that I remember 11 years later

>level up to 40 saving every penny and selling every scrap you ever come across
>still can't afford a mount and have to get an actual job selling things to players
>>
>>385138632
It would happen eventually, but most suggestions of legacy servers have included transitions (optional or otherwise) to Burning Crusade servers.
>>
>>385137161
I played in classic and TBC but only casually since I was pretty young and not into it much back then.

My fondest moments are all ones where I was just cluelessly doing stupid shit, using my wand as my only attack to save mana, selling all my gear to buy a mount, exploring areas 20 levels over me and getting camped by mobs on spawn, dying in PvP to people in stranglethorn

All that shit was so fun because it was relevant to your experience and the amount of time you put in to the game, nowadays if you explore and have fun you're just wasting XP, wasting gold and wasting world quest progression. Mounts are basically free, leveling is like a joke because you just use heirlooms or boost up for FREE when you buy the latest xpac anyway.

There's just no early/mid game in it anymore and no matter what they do they can't ever bring it back because it's just time gone. You can't be a clueless kid again, you can't find things hard again because you already know what to do.

Nothing feels epic, nothing feels big, nothing feels unexplored. It's all just a waste of fucking time. You can't go into a dungeon and take it in, figure things out..You just blast through it and everyone assumes you watched the fatboss vid on how to do it before it was even released.

Private servers won't help, it's over. It's not just the game that has changed but the people and the way they play the game(s)
>>
>>385130321
You can copyright software, but you can't copyright hardware.
>>
>>385128131
>wanting mmos to stay stuck forever on vanilla wow design level
WoW was a mistake since day one, and it isnt better now.
>>
shutting down shit doesnt actually cost blizzard any extra expenses, they're a fuckhuge company, they have a legal department that needs to be kept busy
>>
>>385139242
People think sending an email is hard work.
>>
>>385139242
Don't let facts get in the way of the narrative, anon!
>>
>>385138791

>raining dwarves in ironforge

Fuck me I forgot all about that shit
>>
>>385139061
>>you mean I have to go all the way to The Barrens as a lvl 30 alliance warlock to get my new demon?

um, anon..
>>
>>385128131
>trusting the word of someone who hasn't worked at blizzard for over a decade

it's Brevik all over again
>>
>>385128131
This guy need a job lmao
>>
>>385139061
Things like this were a big part of the game. There are a lot of things you can go deeper into to see how they affected the experience of game. Tanks and healers getting fucked over by respec costs more than dps classes simultaneously made them less common and encouraged them to group up with other players while doing things in the world. The shortage on tanks and healers encouraged players to attempt to make friends with people playing those roles so that they could find groups easier. Coming from the retail mindset where this kind of interaction isn't as necessary, a lot of things seem more tedious and unintuitive.
>>
>>385139242
Its just to point out hosting servers costs very little.
>>
>>385128131
How dare someone shut down my reverse engineered mango private server that i downloaded and attached an sql server and myphp too before opening a server port.

How dare a company protect its intellectual property, how dare they...
>>
>>385139624
Respecs were only a problem if you were stupid and respecced constantly. The reason tanks and healers were/are more rare is because of the responsibility those roles have that DPS do not have.
>>
if they release legacy servers they would have to lowkey admit they fucked up the game. They want to milk their cash cow as much as they can
>>
>>385139850
You just don't understand
>Hyped as fuck with even big gameportals PR it
>5 fucking hours
>>
>>385139976
Oh, and also because every class has a dps spec, but not every class has a tank or heal spec.
>>
>>385139624
>a lot of things seem more tedious and unintuitive.

Nothing can top the unintuitive and tedious nature of spamming general every 10 minutes LF1M Healer Gnomer and giving up after half an hour because there was no global channel and nobody responded

Take off the nostalgia goggles, because that was shit.
>>
WE WIN AGAIN BLIZZBROS

LOK'TAR OGAR!
>>
>>385140217
>he didn't /who priest 30-35 and ask each person separately whether they wanted to join
Even did that a bunch on nost. Liked it more than lfg.
>>
>>385140335
>hang on let me just /who every fucking zone in Azeroth

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>not unintuitive
>>
Group finder for 5 mans was amazing improvement.
LFR was worst shit ever that ruined the game.
>>
>>385140335
>>385140217

The group listing tool is the best solution to this in my opinion. You still have to find people, but it's much easier to advertise or find a group.
>>
>>385140456
u wot m8

If you do "/who priest 30-35" for example, it brings up every level 30-35 priest on your side of the server currently online. It's not zone specific.
>>
>>385128443
Spbp
>>
>>385140536
Here's the thing;
Automated LFG that sticks 5 random jackasses together with no filtering possible and teleports you to the dungeon? Absolute cancer.

The LFG tool that currently exists in Legion for M/M+ dungeons and raids? Thats great. Have to apply, people see who/what you are and can accept or decline you, maybe whisper you first.
>>
>>385140217
The whole point of the post was that you're supposed to interact with people and make connections so you DON'T have to do that shit. I never spent more than 10 minutes forming a group because I had a network of people I talked to that were willing to help out.
>>385139976
What you're talking about is part of the picture, but it becomes a lot less of a part of the picture when half of the classes in the game can respec at will to a tank or healer that's just as effective as any other and immediately solve the problem. As far as respec costs go, what you're literally saying is "Respec costs are not a problem as long as you deal with the negatives of keeping your spec instead of switching every time it's convenient." You're making the same point I am.
>>
>>385140819
>you're supposed to interact with people and make connections so you DON'T have to do that shit. I never spent more than 10 minutes forming a group because I had a network of people I talked to that were willing to help out.

Nothing is stopping you from doing that right now. Only difference is its currently possible to play the game without doing that for easier content.
>>
>>385140819
>can respec at will to a tank or healer that's just as effective as any other

LOL
>>
>>385140991
The fact that the alternative is available is what stops you.
>>
>>385141147
Except it doesn't. Not unless you're a complete shitter who doesn't do hard content
>>
>>385141219
But it does. If every player were offered instant max-level characters with top-tier gear, everyone would take the offer, and you would be here arguing that nothing is stopping someone from NOT taking the offer and playing the game how they want to play it.
>>
>>385140991
That's the whole point, mate. Nothing's stopping you from playing a social game socially, but it's gone from a game where social interaction makes for more convenient play to a game where social interaction makes for more inconvenient play. It's just human nature to take the path of least resistance, so people just aren't as social while playing the game. You don't get whispers from people you've played with before asking if you can help them out, and you don't get people trying to help you out in the hops that you'll do the same for them. It's a completely different experience BECAUSE of the inconveniences the game throws at you.
>>385141093
I don't play legion, but it's my understanding that pretty much any class that can tank or heal can do just fine playing those roles in any dungeon, and can switch to tholes roles instantly for free.
>>
>>385128443
a post
>>
>>385141598
> any class that can tank or heal can do just fine
This is true. The person you're replying to is a moron.
>>
File: Subaru.png (628KB, 840x480px) Image search: [Google]
Subaru.png
628KB, 840x480px
>>385129368
DMCA takedowns are all automated.

I don't give a flying FUCK about Warcraft but if someone is stupid enough to think they could get away with this they need their head examined.

It's not 2001 anymore. The internet is regulated.
>>
>>385141598
>I don't play legion, but it's my understanding that pretty much any class that can tank or heal can do just fine playing those roles in any dungeon
Just like in vanilla
And just like in vanilla if you aren't needed class, no one wants you for the world first mythic
Druid tanks are just better than others
>>
>>385136125
>Work for 5 years on something
>Shut down in 5 hours

I can't help but laugh at that.
>>
>>385131269
Vanilla cuck kys, i can guarantee your average casual cunt playing wow would not put any money into this vanilla shit, and the 1000 people who want it would play their shitty free versions.
>>
>>385143903
He could have made his own game. Time better spent.

Warcraft is literally owned by a billion dollar corporation and Chinese gambling houses. You don't fuck with their IP.
>>
>>385141598
>I don't play legion, but it's my understanding that pretty much any class that can tank or heal can do just fine playing those roles in any dungeon, and can switch to tholes roles instantly for free.

No, not really. Unless the content is really easy (as to be irrelevant) or you overgear it to shit
>>
Name a single developer that has more insufferably stupid and blindly loyal fans than Blizzard.

You literally can't. No such thing exists in this world.
>>
>>385144845
Riot, Valve, Nintendo.
>>
>>385144995
Beat me to it cunt.
>>
>>385144845
EA.
>>
Does blizzard target the players too in any way?
>>
>>385141357
Like people have said before, the parts that require no social interaction are not high-end content. Its shit you do whille you're not even max level.
>>
File: capcommullet.jpg (79KB, 550x542px) Image search: [Google]
capcommullet.jpg
79KB, 550x542px
>>385143376
DMCA takedowns are a meme and people should literally just ignore them
>>
Why don't they take down a server like the ones hosted by Warmane?
>>
>>385146003
Because they're hosted in eastern Europe and in terms of quality they're laughable.
>>
>>385139850
intellectual property is a spook

stop being a corporate bootlicker
>>
>>385145704
A judge wouldn't like the fact that you ignored a valid dmca
>>
>>385146976
This wasn't a DMCA request, so thats good.
>>
Yeah yeah blizzard being jews sucks and all, but I hope you faggots at least realize WoW has never been good even during vanilla.
>>
>>385145704
It's it a warning shot type of thing?
AKA next time it's a actual sue?
>>
>>385146186
What makes them so bad?
>>
File: 1404965115139.png (22KB, 207x239px) Image search: [Google]
1404965115139.png
22KB, 207x239px
>>385128587
>>
>>385133995
they have yet to actually have any meaningful discussion about hosting legacy servers since the codebase is gone.
there's a lot missing at blizzard, older employees just take things as souvenirs and the like.
also, the people who maintained the code are long gone, and would be unwilling to ever come back and help them.
>>
>>385147142
Generally you need to show you made an attempt to resolve the issue before starting a lawsuit
>>
>>385134747
in EU at least it certainly killed DAOC
>>
File: WoWScrnShot_072217_163816.jpg (83KB, 578x416px) Image search: [Google]
WoWScrnShot_072217_163816.jpg
83KB, 578x416px
>>385147172
see
>>385136006

Warmane and similar servers have bad scripting. Whenever you mention this you'll get a flood of slavs defending it, but its plain bad.
>>
>>385147104
i always thought that its not better or worst but it was more lenient than everquest or the grind was not as bad as DAOC vanilla, and they refined a lot of stuff those games did so in the end wow won
>>
>>385128131
If that guy honestly believes that then he's a moron
>>
>>385140217
This was fixed in BC.

And no one ran gnomergan because it was a shitty dungeon.

And you didn't have a healer because you didn't want to play one. You and every other, 'I want all the rewards and none of the responsibilities, now change my diaper bitch' DPS. People like you are why core elements of an MMORPG were relegated to the press of a button in World of Warcraft because actually talking to people and keeping a friends list is HARD.

>because there was no global channel

Spotted the person who didn't play classic and parrots Blizzard's line about struggling to find a tank in an environment where only one class could play them. There was an LFG channel. It was global.
>>
File: 1437707899284.jpg (58KB, 470x483px) Image search: [Google]
1437707899284.jpg
58KB, 470x483px
How is this new Xpack doing on subs anyhow?
I am curious becuase I know a lot people that have played through all of the other shit Xpacks, but somehow this one made them quit.
>>
File: 1469036606100.gif (47KB, 250x194px) Image search: [Google]
1469036606100.gif
47KB, 250x194px
>>385147928
What a post. We could learn a thing or two from this wonderful specimen.
>>
>>385147492
Sucks, but I don't expect half as much of what I actually get with these hacky servers in the first place.
>>
>>385147967

No more sub numbers dood
>>
>>385147967
Fuck off teenager
>>
File: d69ti.png (320KB, 964x685px) Image search: [Google]
d69ti.png
320KB, 964x685px
>>385148410
The point is that Blizzard probably doesn't see them as a threat, any more than Valve sees those multiple Chinese ripoffs of TF2 as a threat; they're inferior hack jobs that won't really draw any players away from retail.
>>
>>385147928
>There was an LFG channel. It was global.
Bit incorrect.

Pre-1.9 channels were zone and city specific. Trade and LFG channels in Ironforge didn't reach Stormwind, for example. This was changed in 1.9.

>The "Looking for Group" and "Trade" channels have been unified among the corresponding cities, meaning, for example, that you can trade your goods or look for groups in Ironforge while in Stormwind.

Global LFG happened some time later, can't remember exactly when, but it was removed pretty quickly because of people complained about spam.
>>
>>385148601
Makes sense to me. Thanks for answering.
>>
File: fun_not_allowed.png (257KB, 768x688px) Image search: [Google]
fun_not_allowed.png
257KB, 768x688px
>>385131084
>Good games make money
>Shit games don't make money
>>
>>385133215
I imagine any bad feelings they have vanish once they get the checks,
>>
>>385134831
>Stop eating shit
>No fuck you man this shit is delicious
>>
>>385149415
Thanks for proving him right, anon
>>
>>385136125

>5 years of development down the drain in hours because dev launched the server in the US

So are the devs just massively retarded or what? Why would anyone waste their own fucking time like this? Why didn't they just make their own game?

WoW was alright back in the day but fuck, people need to learn to let go. I don't know why anyone would spend their time playing a buggy version of an old MMO that has had all its content 100% completed and mapped out for a fucking decade now. At this point you're just going through the motions to try to recapture a feeling you once had. It's sad.

The only value these types of projects have is to archive and provide a snapshot of what the game was like at one point. They shouldn't be treated as something to actually invest your time in. They will always be shut down or have quality issues making the game unfit to play.

Even if a 100% accurate, working WoW private server came around that would never be shut down, it still wouldn't be worth playing. MMOs are timesink skinner boxes by design, and still being entertained by a decade-old version of one is unbelievably pathetic and possibly indicative of brain damage. There is literally nothing new for you to discover here.

>B-But the game is fun!

It WAS fun. Let good memories be memories. This is just rubbing yourself raw to the same material over and over again until it ceases to have any value or appeal. Please don't waste your life like this.
>>
>>385149572
Thats nice, anon. Somewhat ruined by your retarded use of the term skinner box, but thats nice.
>>
>>385131251
I would have said he should just host it in Russia. But I think you're absolutely right about them going after him personally since he's a US resident.
>>
>>385146976
If the judge is enough of a cocksucker to enforce dmca, then it's likely he'd fold to one personal threat.
Just saying.
>>
>>385149572
Those people are genuine addicts, they can't let it go.
>>
>>385150693
Its amazing how hardcore you kiddies will act
>threatening a judge
kek
>>
>>385150693
>Enforcing the law
>Being a cocksucker

Jesus Christ its like you want get sent to pound me in the ass Federal prison.
>>
>>385143719

Are you suggesting feral tanks were the best choice in vanilla? u wot? It was TBC's overhaul that pushed them from last resort to great.
>>
File: 1242191831832.jpg (184KB, 478x524px) Image search: [Google]
1242191831832.jpg
184KB, 478x524px
>>385128443
>>
>>385152014
They are best choice now, all guild who killed KilJaden mythic used 2 feral tanks
Really makes you think when people complain about some classes not being viable enough for the endgame raids in the vanilla...
>>
>>385128339
Well hello there Blizzard WoW division intern! Summer is almost over so I guess you will be back to Full Sail soon making shitty models again.
>>
>>385152445

I was lucky enough to have 90-95% BIS gear for all three specs in vanilla for stuff that wasn't end of Naxx so I got to raid with all three specs accordingly as a druid, though I know I was one of only three in raiding guilds who got to do so on my server. We're a long way away from them being the worst class these days, but it goes to show that a few mechanics make all the difference to viability (innervate, combat res and HoTs, in this case).

Shamans really were worse than paladins thanks to BoK, but I don't think any class wasn't viable if you were good and geared enough. Hunters at least had kiting even if their DPS was subpar and their pets stole agro, warlocks could tank one of the Twin Emps, shadow priests were worth a niche slot in one party of the raid and so on.
>>
Who cares what this gamergate cocksucker failure of a dev has to say, honestly.
>>
>>385131251
Blizzard can sue him in Russian court and win even easier than in the US. What kind of country do you think Russia is?
>>
File: 1445876660751.jpg (83KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1445876660751.jpg
83KB, 512x512px
>>385128131
Is there any vidya company that is this much of a dick in legal department?

Most just send C&D but Blizzard always seems to go the extra mile.

I mean it's the same company that threatened to sue another over the totally original idea of a "Skeleton King".
>>
>>385153585
Then how come the only servers that don't get shutdown are p2w/accept donations and have staff in Russia?
>>
>>385153671

Nintendo springs to mind. AM2R et al.
>>
>>385130679
they don't though, they just have IDs that come up as models in the wow client. The server doesn't have that.
>>
>>385153585
>What kind of country do you think Russia is?
I'm assuming he means Russia and eastern europe in general.

Which has let server like Valkrie and Molten exist for almost a decade, even charging money for their services, to tens of thousands of players.
>>
>>385153671
>Most just send C&D but Blizzard always seems to go the extra mile.

I mean, thats literally all they did here.
>>
>>385149572
An MMO is literally a chat room. The community of 10 years ago is gone anyway.

Ever had a drink with someone you knew 10 years ago? It is bloody awkward.
>>
>>385154194
"Just".

They sued a person for sold cheat exploits in Overwatch for fucking millions, they ruined him.
>>
File: 1474396730700.png (18KB, 280x280px) Image search: [Google]
1474396730700.png
18KB, 280x280px
>>385154295
>An MMO is literally a chat room.
>>
>>385128131
Even if Blizzard did make their own vanilla WoW server, people would still try to join illegal servers to avoid paying a sub fee. An idiot made this post.
>>
>>385154539
Have you played modern MMOs?
>>
>>385154920
Absolutely. Having a chat feature doesn't make it "literally a chat room", though. Unless you consider EvE or WoW to be functionally no different than Discord, because you're a cretin.
>>
>>385128443
The truth is right here.
>>
>>385153742
Suing someone in Russia and winning is much easier than in the US. If a company chooses not to do that, it means it simply doesn't care.
>>
>>385155786
Then why non profit servers are getting threatened by Blizzard while there are servers that make tons of money and Blizzard doesn't shut them down?
>>
>>385128131
>being so cucked that you will pay blizzard again and again

It's private servers all the way, he was just a fucking idiot, thinking he could get away with living in the us and hosting a server like that in the US.
>>
>>385153585
A garbage one
>>
>>385153585
deplorable godless communist nation run by the vatican
>>
>>385154360
>commit crime
>face punishment

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW
>>
File: 1500979313915.jpg (44KB, 1102x658px) Image search: [Google]
1500979313915.jpg
44KB, 1102x658px
>>385158914
>Person creates a cheat in a virtual world
>For breaking the terms he should lose his right to play or the use the game now
>Instead Blizzard sues him for more money than he'll ever be worth just because it was THEIR game

He did a wrong sure but not a million dollar wrong
Blizzard is just insane and actively tries to ruin anyone touching their "brand".
>>
>>385159402
He wasn't sued for creating it so much as selling it to thousands.
>>
>>385159713
Just ban everyone for using it and give a C&D.
Just keep it simple.

I mean why would Blizzard waste their time and money taking it to court.
Oh right, to make a example out of him and threaten anyone else who'd even mod their game.

Next step will be them suing every porn artist because they "make money from it".
>>
>>385160018
>Oh right, to make a example out of him and threaten anyone else who'd even mod their game.

>aimbots that you sell are mods now
a bloo bloo bloo some scum got sued rather than have his wrist meaninglessly slapped after he made bank, how awful
>>
Blizzard are the most stubborn, unprofessional "big" company in the entire industry. They are so fucking awful at balance, and yet if the fans call them out on this they go all "well, WE think it's good and we know better than u :^)". Then eventually it gets so bad that they do change it but pretend like it was their idea and they were never satisfied with the old way.

They will never make vanilla servers because it would be admitting defeat. It would be admitting that Legion is not an improvement in every conceivable way and that there were aspects of vanilla that were better. They will NEVER do this, their pride will not allow it.
>>
>>385160215
I just don't understand how you're defending the same company that literally has spyware built into their client and LITERALLY took another company to court over a mod which they claimed was still 100% theirs.

Blizzard is the true evil.
>>
File: 1499275045068.jpg (14KB, 700x817px) Image search: [Google]
1499275045068.jpg
14KB, 700x817px
>>385128873
>>
>>385130321
Its something that will need fixed in the future for archiving purposes.
>>
>>385145704
https://www.engadget.com/2010/08/16/blizzard-awarded-88m-from-wow-private-server-lawsuit/
>>
File: 1496164668637.jpg (31KB, 371x365px) Image search: [Google]
1496164668637.jpg
31KB, 371x365px
SINCE ITS HARD FOR YOU FUCKING FAGGOTS TO UNDERSTAND I AM GOING TO FULL CAPS THIS POST.

BLIZZARD IS FORCED, BY LAW, TO PROTECT THEIR IP. THIS MEANS THEY ARE FORCED TO DO EVERYTHING IN THEIR POWER TO STOP PEOPLE FROM PROFITING IN ANY WAY FROM THEM.

THAT MEANS THEY HAVE TO SHUT THESE SERVERS DOWN, TO NOT IS A NEGLIGENCE OF LAW FOR COPYRIGHT. IF BLIZZARD IGNORES A SERVER THEY COULD POTENTIALLY LOSE THEIR IP IN A COURT OF LAW FOR NOT FIGHTING IT.

AND BEFORE ANY OF YOU CALL ME A BLIZZ FAG. I FUCKING HATE THOSE JEWISH LOVING NIGGERS.
>>
>>385128131
learn 2 law
>>
>>385162904
DMCA takedown was for the server, not the emulation software.
gummy just releasing his framework and tool set would revolutionize server development just like mangos did.
he doesn't need to host a server or anything.
>>
>>385128131
vanilla servers shouldn't be a thing. Blizzard owns WoW and all these nostalgiafags who wasted their youth playing it just want to play vanilla forever. Sorry, but you're playing an MMORPG, which means you need to stay on that treadmill of content and pay blizzard until they are done taking your money. That's what you deserve for playing an mmorpg like WoW. You have no right to go back and play previous versions. Don't complain, you knew this would be a thing when you started.
>>
>>385128131
Blizzard doesn't want you to play Vanilla WoW.

Vanilla WoW doesn't have 20 years of additional treadmills attached to it yet it scratches the same itch for people. You might actually get to a point where you're satisfied playing Vanilla WoW which would mean their gravy train has ended. The legal fees could cost 20 times the price of running a Vanilla server and they'd pay it because for every person playing Vanilla that's one person not buying their expansions and not paying their monthly fees.
>>
>>385128131
Is that washed up faggot still crying about Blizzard?
>>
File: mgu-body-image.jpg (64KB, 635x250px) Image search: [Google]
mgu-body-image.jpg
64KB, 635x250px
>>385128131
>Guy who blew a game's budget on a retarded bus and TV show talking about mishandling of money
Thread posts: 310
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.