[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>It switched from killer Science Fiction to meh Drama in a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

File: ME12cover.jpg (616KB, 1212x598px) Image search: [Google]
ME12cover.jpg
616KB, 1212x598px
>It switched from killer Science Fiction to meh Drama in a Sci Fi universe.

Seven years and I still feel disappointed.
>>
No see it was totally worth it because the gameplay went from being an easily cheesable RPG shooter to being a clunky as fuck sub gears of war corridor shooter

ME2's gameplay shouldn't have been acceptable if it released when ME1 did, it releasing in 2010 was actively insulting and it's sad that most viewed it only in comparison to the first game instead of quality shooters.
>>
>>385125976
>gameplay turned from stupid bullshit to decent
>this is a bad thing
>>
>>385126084
>story and atmosphere went from solid to generic shit
>this is a good thing in an RPG
>>
>>385126084
The game insists on using a cover system which also means that you’re no longer allowed to build characters who don’t need cover systems, reducing the flexibility of your play style. The gameplay was a downgrade.
>>
>>385125348
>mass effect
>killer science fiction
lol fucking star trek is better science fiction than mass effect
>>
>>385126084
It isn't decent. It's worse than basically any other shooter released at that time.

It took until ME3 for the series to actually become a half decent shooter.
>>
I don't give a shit if they made it into generic GoW clone, it was fun to shoot. ME1 combat is one of the most clunky shooter I've ever played.
>>
>>385126287
We're not talking about muh story.

>>385126339
Vanguard

Checkmate
>>
>>385126557
You probably played it on PC with mice and keyboard. It was designed with the Xbox controller in mind and works fine on the 360..
>>
>>385126809
It's still fucking shit. But then again, explain why it's better with a controller?
>>
>>385126629
>We're not talking about muh story
>In a bioware RPG
Kill yourself you fucking retard.
>>
>>385126359
Er... no. ME1 is amazing. The richness of the lore and the characters is almost overwhelming. It was like reading a really good book, but more involving. It took me into the game. I wanted to know more about this universe. I read every little thing I could find. I was amazed. I was sad when it was over. I have like 30+ shepards max level and always comeback for more.
>>
>>385126953
Sad little biodrone
>>
>>385126916
because they completely fucked up the PC port.
>>
>>385125348
You have clinically shit taste.
>>
Mass Effect 1 = Dragon Age: Origins
Mass Effect 2 = Dragon Age 2

Bioware haven't made a worthy sequel since KOTOR 2
>>
>>385126980
I didn't realize it was redditors that shit on Mass Effect 2. Probably why /v/ is turning on New Vegas, Bayonetta, Platinum Games, and CRPGs in general.
>>
It was always a shitty space opera.
>>
>>385126359
You say that like ST isn't good science fiction

ME1 was bland as fuck
>>
>>385127423
KOTOR 2 is an Obsidian game.
>>
>>385125348
Not sure what you expected. By mid game, I could regen more hp with immunity than I could be dealt damage while wrecking everything around me for 20 seconds straight and then going into cooldown for 2-5 seconds depending on upgrades and repeat.

Literally all challenge was gone by mid game if you had any idea how to play. The only challenge was in the first couple hours and only if you were playing hardcore difficulty because snipers could easily one shot you.

It's fun but not challenging. 2 may have had it's issues combat wise but at least I can say that I had to watch my ass because it was easy to die if I just ran into a hailstorm of bullets which required me to use actual tactics.
>>
File: 1486578850101.png (13KB, 640x606px) Image search: [Google]
1486578850101.png
13KB, 640x606px
>>385126084
>decent
>>
MASS EFFECT 1

WAS NEVER VERY GOOD

IT WAS COOL WHEN YOU WERE YOUNGER

BUT IT'S REALLY A PRETTY MEDIOCRE GAME
>>
>>385128448
Immunity does not counter special attacks (mostly seemed in hardcore), In hardcore mode Immunity will be usefull for sure but it's not OP. And not all classes have access to Immunity besides Soldier and Infiltrator.
>>
>>385129250
I pretty much only play soldier because I want access to all the weapon types since I find them all useful.

I literally just completed a hardcore run yesterday and I never had to worry about special attacks. My only worry was being in the wrong spot when immunity ended for those brief moments.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.