[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Game of the Year >Nier: Automata >Horizon: Zero Dawn >the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: breath.jpg (341KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
breath.jpg
341KB, 1920x1080px
Game of the Year
>Nier: Automata
>Horizon: Zero Dawn
>the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
>Persona 5
>ARMS
>Splatoon 2

Super Mario Odyssey will probably knock it out of the park as well, but critics and journos are going to attach to Zelda or Horizon for the GOTY, and rightly so. Both games deserve it. But what is your personal GOTY?
2017 has been a fantastic year.
>>
ARMS really shouldn't be up there. It's fucking good but it's not GOTY material
Also,
>inb4 this list triggers anons to hell
>inb4 they can't name a good game that came out this year or their pick is something nobody's heard of
>>
Replace Arms with Nier:Automata.

Zelda, Horizon and Persona 5 probably released too early in the year. Gonna hurt them for GOTY awards. Persona 5 might survive but Sony and Nintendo will have big holiday titles to distract from the first two games.
>>
Super Mario Odyssey actually looks to be a better game in terms of reaching the peak of its genre and just being pure joy to play. Although Zelda will probably win most awards because muh open world. As for my personal GOTY, I'm still waiting for Odyssey and Metroid.
>>
>>385123602
I feel like ARMS really is worthy of the title, but the marketing, branding, and support has been so atrocious it wont get any coverage. It is easily the best new fighter in years. Maybe its just me. I feel like it is well in the range of GOTY.

Also, ARMS better be Nintendo's last marketing and branding blunder. What kind of a shitty name is that? With such a shitty name, why dont they market the fuck out of it? ffs.
>>
P5 up to Kamoshida > Nier > P5 after Kamoshida > the rest >>> Horizon
>>
>>385124741
Good taste. I personally think NieR is one of the best games ever made.
But P5 isnt as good as P4
>>
>Horizon
why do people consider this generic Ubisoft clone good?
>>
nobody gives a shit about Horizon anymore.
>>
>>385124974
Have you played it? Thats what I thought when I first saw it, but it does an exceptional job of world building, it has a fantastic sense of scope. There is a lot to do, and the combat is pretty satisfying. It doesnt skimp on any thing, and was a genuine surprise when it was so good.
It is essentially Ass Creed done right.
>>
GOTY is Prey you uncultured little kids
>>
>>385123830
I could see an argument for fighter of the year, but you're fucking crazy if you thing ARMS is even near the running for GotY.
>>
File: image.png (1MB, 640x1037px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1037px
>>385123415
>ARMS
>>
I think you mean

>Breath of the Wild featuring Honorable Mention Super Mario Odyssey and some runnerups
>>
>>385123780
>replace ARMS with Nier: Automata
>both games are on the list

????
>>
>>385125484
Prey is ok but not even "good". Maybe you only own a PC then yeah it is the only decent PC game available this year. Unless you use emulators or play the crap NieR port.
>>
File: 4chan Rumors.webm (260KB, 512x194px) Image search: [Google]
4chan Rumors.webm
260KB, 512x194px
>>385123415
>Nier: Automata
I legitimately hated this game. Repetitive gameplay, invisible walls, babby's first 2deep4u story, etc.
>Horizon: Zero Dawn
I only got a few hours in, but I thought it was okay for what it was.
>the Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
Clear winner for me, I doubt anything else could come close to how much I loved this game.
>Persona 5
Still haven't played this one yet.
>ARMS
I don't know why this is listed. It was fun, but it's nothing mindblowing here.
>Splatoon 2
Eh. I wasn't a big fan of the testfire.

Odyssey is the only thing thats going to come close to BotW hype. All HZD talk literally stopped when BotW released.

If we're talking journos, I think only the most anti-Nintendo sites wouldn't give it to BotW.
>>
I guess maybe ARMS is just a game that resonated with me. Im having more fun with it than I have had since I was a kid.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.