[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>A lowly warrior of the lowest possible power level sworn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 125
Thread images: 6

File: Slave Knight Gael.jpg (209KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Slave Knight Gael.jpg
209KB, 1920x1080px
>A lowly warrior of the lowest possible power level sworn to his duty survives the end of the world through sheer force of will
>A literal nobody ends up consuming an ungodly amount of souls, able to fight to fight endlessly even with broken weapons and shattered meek armour
>The most skilled warrior in the entire Dark Souls universe
>Just the two of you fighting it out in a barren apocalyptic wasteland with one of the most god-like OST's in the series
Say what you want about Dark Souls 3, but this was one of the greatest bosses in video game history
>>
*becomes the most skilled warrior
He's literally Artorias on steroids
>>
>>385115630
>Say what you want about Dark Souls 3, but this was one of the greatest bosses in video game history

Pity you have to work through a boring, phoned-in cashgrab of a meme game to get to it then.
>>
>>385116452
>phoned-in cashgrab of a meme game
How is it any of those things?
>>
It was alright I guess.
>>
>>385116452
shush, don't be so harsh. It wasn't that bad.
>>
>>385116580
Don't you know, anon? Anything new is bad and a cash grab while everything old is better.
>>
>>385116580

Because of the heartless reusing of characters and locations, the hilariously bad overuse of enemies that could have been challenging in moderation and the shitty story?
>>
>>385115630
Didn't he use the same braindead AI as other Souls bosses? I would hardly call that one of the greatest.
>>
>>385115630
>bro who just wants to build a world for his waifu
>ILL TAKE YOUR DARK SOUL NOW

He should of been a corrupted summon, and you know it.
>>
>>385116726
Except for Dark Souls 2, eh?
>>
>>385116205

>Artorias
>Knight who was consumed and empowered by the the abyss, the essence of Manus who rumoured gained his power from a fragment of the Dark Soul.

>Gael
>Knight who literally ate the Dark Soul
>>
>>385116829

What exactly IS the dark soul, and why do I have it when nobody else has mentioned it?
>>
>>385115630
He's a literal who, having no absolutely no mentions from the main game.
The music is pretty good, but suffers from kitamuras lack of restraint.
>>
>>385115630
Yeah, i love all the theme behind him UNFORTUNATELY he is a victory lap spectacle pushover fight, which pales in terms of challenge to any of the other dlcs last bosses like Manus, Orphan, Ludwig or hell even Raime. Dont get me wrong, i still love the fight, but i would prefer after almost 10 years in this franchise they would treat the veterans with a real challenge as the final goodbye instead of a walk in the park with fireworks.

>>385116452
>>385116580
>phoned-in
Eh, half true. It's clear they didnt try to be very creative with it, but there is effort in it.

>cashgrab
completely true, Bamco just wanted to push that shit out while the iron was hot and FROM just wanted to end their contract obligation with them.

>>385116829
He should have been in the main game in the 1st place, so that this final moment was more emotional to the player. Basically should have been DaS3 Solaire, helps you in main journey and in the dlc we help him in his journey, until the bitter end
>>
>>385116916
>the essence of Manus who rumoured gained his power from a fragment of the Dark Soul
Wasn't he supposed to be the original man?
>>
>>385116787

>Shitty story

How about you name a game you think has a good story and we can compare?
>>
>>385117110
Dark Souls
>>
>>385117071
>but there is effort in it.

Perhaps. I failed to see much of it past the 20% mark though.

>>385117110
>why don't you name a game with a good story so I can cry about that game instead

Deus Ex? Deus Ex: HR? Or on the vaguer side of things...system shock 2? Vampire Bloodlines? Fantasy games? Kingdoms of Amalur.

But the real comparison here would be DS1. Which is light years better.
>>
>>385117071
Then there should of been a way of save him, like Solaire.
Like the Pyromancer in the first game. If you tell him the truth, he goes and dies.
I just didn't like the DLC having two ass pulls back to back, both which felt a bit ridiculous in hindsight.
>>
>>385117319
I'm still impressed how DS1 is just so much better than 2 or 3, even with the second half being an unfinished mess.
It's so subtle too, I can very easily say why halo 3 was better than reach, but I would need time to elucidate souls beyond "it just werks."
>>
>>385115630

>level design is atrocious
>storyline is non-existent
>NPC quests are so bad they require a near-psychic level of knowledge
>enemies are thoughtless, overpowered messes
>enemy placement is ludicrously bad, designed for "gotcha" moments, and not real challenge
>music is out of place, because the bosses are 90% unknown garbage with no set-up
>armour does nothing now because why not
>starter weapons still the best weapon in the game

I wouldn't recommend DS3 to anyone
>>
>>385117092

Item descriptions are pretty vague, so their's support for both Manus being the furtive pygmy as well as not being.

But with the Ringed City, the strongest supported theory is that the Furtive Pygmy was always several beings or split the Dark Souls into several pieces and bestowed them on other Pygmies.

Manus was a Pygmy who received a fragment of the Dark Soul, escaped the Ringed City, fled to Oolacile then got super buff.
>>
>>385117092
He's a pygmy lord and there's a few of them.
>>
>>385117586
It's not that subtle, really. Dark Souls was atmospheric and self-contained, and because of that it works well as a game. I always think about the bosses. In DS1, most of the bosses you expect before you fight them, they're different and intriguing and thematic, and killing them genuinely feels good. In DS2 and 3, they're not. Most of them are literal who fog guardians.
>>
>>385117092
We may never know, on DaS1 only canon, very likely, on Souls as a series, maybe, but less likely with the whole Ringed city stuff.

>>385117110
The Original DaS1 is far more consistent, but that is the curse of most sequels, to contradict and retcon.

>>385117319
>Perhaps. I failed to see much of it past the 20% mark though.
You are probably burned out and jaded then, there is good stuff in there, just because it has a lot of laziness mixed in doesnt automatically make it disappear.

>>385117408
>Then there should of been a way of save him, like Solaire.
The problem was that Solaire was on a more spiritual quest, with an adaptable answer, while Gael's is far more palpable, with an end that is hard to escape with the dry blood and all, though they could have gone with you getting there before gael, consuming the blood yourself, and changing your played character to Gael so YOU could be the final boss and have him kill you for the sake of the new world, though i dont think people would like to be forced to play a specific build for the final boss

>I just didn't like the DLC having two ass pulls back to back
What were them, if i may ask?
>>
>>385117795
>most of the bosses you expect before you fight them
I always loved this, being able to see the Iron Golem on that bridge before actually going to fight him was great.
>>
File: trauma center.gif (2MB, 384x288px) Image search: [Google]
trauma center.gif
2MB, 384x288px
>>385116829
>you can summon gael in the dlc
>he's a grapebro
>>
>>385117962
>You are probably burned out and jaded then
Very possible. It's tough to even care about playing it now. Can you maybe point out one or two things? Give some examples?
>>
Why does /v/ autisticly focus on negatives all the time
>>
>>385118007
It makes the whole game more memorable, doesn't it? Hearing the legend of Artorias and Sif, then finding Sif guarding the grave or Artorias, and fighting Artorias later. That was great. made things a complete world. Actually taking down Nito and Seath, great and powerful unknowable things. It was fantastic. The Iron Golem, too. The bosses were part of the world, and the world was a whole one. DS2 and 3 just fail at that, really.
>>
DaS3 was not a great game though and I'm not just being /v/ contrarian. I played it from start to fish without looking at /v/ or anything else once and it just felt flat

The references to older games didn't have depth, or real place, they just felt like 'dude remember DaS1 lmao'

The game was incredibly easy, even without how easy the new summon system works, as a solo game the roll I frames are so crazy that you can just spam Circle/B and survive through everything

So to counter this the bosses have to have stupidly long attack chains like Pontiff in an attempt to exhaust your insane stamina bar that allows 11 rolls back to back or something stupid. This completely kills use of a shield as a playstyle, since even greatshields take more stamina to block a strike than just rolling

Ashen Estus is the worst way to handle magic/mana yet, and Weapon Skills started as 'useful extra technique' like guard breaking, spear charging etc to 'ANIME FLIP STYLE WITH FIRE DUDE WOAH'

Which leads me onto the godawful weapon design that plagues the DLC. Gone are the days of finding a weapon and learning its movesets, its strengths , weaknesses , when to use what etc because now you can just L1 FOR EPIC COMBO!!!1 which has a fuck load of poise, tracking and damage, staggering enemies until they die

Don't even get me started on the fucking PvP , which is the worst the series has ever known
>>
>>385118308

This is what annoyed me about Dark Souls 3. Especially the Pontiff Sulyvahn fight. The music was epic and overbearing, and you find yourself fighting at the top of a grand cathedral, but...who is he? At that point, we know nothing about him. So why care? Like Dark Souls 2, I felt weird fighting the bosses. Less like i'm seeking them out and more that i'm invading them and killing them because they're at the end of a level and I "have to".
>>
>>385115630
>A lowly warrior of the lowest possible power level sworn to his duty survives the end of the world through sheer force of will
Which was complete BS and half of why that fight sucked. The other half was him being yet another Arty throwback.
>>
>>385118465
Huh, finally someone who shares my point of view.

One thing I would dispute is that Ashen Astus is the worst way of handling mana. What makes it worse than spice in DeS? At least here it's not virtually infinite.
>>
>>385118230
People who truly love/obsess over things tend to be the most critical of them, but also people here love their schadenfreude, they take the utmost physical pleasure when things fail and burn, it's almost sickening.

>>385118067
I think the presentation itself is fantastic, the whole game is a spectacle, almost every boss feel like it could be a final boss in a game but as >>385118308 and >>385118567 bring up, the lack of proper set up makes the fights feel pointless and empty.

The music, while far less varied than Demon's or DaS1, is really well put together, they are for the most part memorable and the 2 phase set up of most bosses help them fit more appropriately to what is happening on the screen, but because it happens on every boss, it becomes routine and therefore less interesting.

As i said, there are good things, but there is a lot a bad ideas mixed in that obscure what worked
>>
>>385116930
Remember DS1 and those four dudes (one dudette) getting OP souls? Last Dude(pygmy) split it up so each human carries bit of it (humanity) and gods(gwyn) try to scam you and other humans into dropping it into bonfires(by creating undead curse and fairy tale around it) and sacrificing yourself so that they can fuck around a bit more while humans are their bitches.
>>
>ITT: Fags who cling to Dark Souls because Dark Souls III got to main stream.

Dark Souls 3 explores so many interesting concept of world building and the cycle of the rise and fall of power it's mind blowing.

Dark Souls taught us that in the beginning their was nothing. Dark Souls 3 taught us that in the end their will be nothing.

However on person exempt from this rule because they were born and exist in a painted world, wishes to create their own painted world from the essence of the one that ended.

She created this world from the Dark Soul and named it after the one who brought it to her, The Ashen One.

The painted world shall be called Ash and from the ash shall a new world arise. Continuing the cycle that was deemed ended.
>>
>"Its not Dark Souls 1 so its shit!" : the thread
Now i see why people call souls fans autistic
>>
>>385119325

If painted words are so awesome, then Priscilla is probably still knocking about in Ariamis. Good to know. She was a cute.
>>
>>385115630
>>lowly warrior

That's selling Gael a bit short. His armor description makes it sound like the "Slave Knights" were more like highly skilled janissaries with top quality arms and armor rather than nobodies with shit gear.

Power in the dark souls universe is basically a function of how many people you've killed, and by the time you take on Friede Gael has obviously done more than his share of murder.

In his boss fight, he has spent the last who knows how many years killing every single other humanity-bearing individual in the world. "Gael" is the animalistic quadruped you fight in phase 1, he's done nothing but kill so for so long that he's barely recognizable as a man. He's in such a murder-stupor that he doesn't even realize he'd accomplished his goal of reassembling the dark soul until you beat his ass bad enough he bleeds some of it out onto the floor.

"Gael" goes hollow in phase 2 after realizing that his duty has been fulfilled, the Pygmy's work undone and the dark soul is once more whole within his body.

When he stands upright, his clothes regain their color, his sword straightens out and his armor regains its sheen, with a blazing cape made of souls, you are no longer fighting Gael, you are fighting the titular entity of the series.

This is also why the Hollowslayer great sword is such a great weapon for this boss fight, since it can reliably hit his chest wound with its horizontal sweeps and deals bonus damage once he hollows.
>>
>>385119325

Yeah, man, multiverse theory is great when it's levered into games. Did you know that Dark souls 2 and 3 were paintings, so they don't count? Bloodborne, too.
>>
>>385117642

Your own mother wouldn't recommend you to a disease ridden, tumblr landwhale, tranny who's into cucking.

Your opinion is irrelevant.
>>
>>385115630
Except in execution is pretty bad, I mean you just contradicted yourself in one sentence

>just the two of you fighting it out in an apocalyptic wasteland
Yeah ok
>...with incredibly overstated and bombastic music
Why? The music isn't fitting at all with how you describe the fight, and not to mention
>the power of the Dark Soul is red martyr Logarius mist and lightning
>>
>>385119689

>Your own mother wouldn't recommend you to a disease ridden, tumblr landwhale, tranny who's into cucking.

I told you before, lad. I don't want fuck your wife.
>>
>>385119689
>into cucking.
It's the thinking man's fetish, anon
>>
>>385119325
>However on person exempt from this rule because they were born and exist in a painted world
Are you talking about the new painter grill? Because she's part dragon and that's why she's out of the cycle.

>>385119524
Ariamis is gone, painted worlds rot and the inhabitants eventually set fire to them from inside the painting. Unfortunately Priscilla's probably dead, although there's no knowing either way.
>>
>>385119742
>overstated and bombastic
I think you need a new headset, the music was symphonic and powerful yet also sadistic and depressing.
>the power of the Dark Souls is red matyr logarius mist and lightning
At no point in the series has the Dark Soul been defined to a power-level, besides the red-mist and skulls was his hollowed body being overloaded with the souls of the people he devoured
>>
>>385120002
>Ariamis is gone, painted worlds rot and the inhabitants eventually set fire to them from inside the painting.

so the cycle isn't continued, then.

Also, nah. I'm sure Priscilla just made a painting inside Ariamis and hopped into that. She's a smart girl.
>>
>>385120092
She ded lol
>>
>>385115630
Stop Shilling your video, get your own views
>>
>play DS3
>have no clue what's going on
>end up marrying some headless lady
>still don't know why
>get into trouble for giving a blind woman creepy audiobooks
>meet people who tell me they hate me off the bat when I don't even know who they are
>apparently have to kill four lords to make them sit on their thrones or something
>kill some
>they aren't there
>okay
>only person who tells me anything this time around is crestfallen warrior, who for some reason gives me very detailed instructions on how to go places and the lore of people between despaired sobs
>woman wants me to keep touching her to level up, won't say anything else
>shopkeeper sells more things if I feed her ashes for some reason
>Andre is okay. My only bro in this whole thing.
>a thief died because I sent him on a mission and happened to take too long killing a boss that is completely unconnected to him, on the other side of the world from where I sent him

what's going on here? Does it EVER make sense?
>>
>>385120092
>so the cycle isn't continued, then.
The painting's cycle is, somehow a new painting inside of the old painting becomes a new painted world. We don't see it happen but they tell us as much. I'm pretty sure Priscilla's gone, otherwise Friede wouldn't have had to take her place. Maybe Friede's the one who got rid of her, considering that Ariamis burned it's likely that Priscilla did her duty and started the fire but Friede doesn't want that for Ariandel.
>>
>>385120159

Eh, she'll be back in Dark Souls 4 DLC: The Painted World of FROMSoft's Dwindling Profit Margins.
>>
>>385120421

>kill a tree
>fall in a hole
>put a bit of spine on an altar for no reason
>never quite figure out why I did that
>man tells me I should finger some woman in a cathedral
>he seems happy that I did
>not sure why I did that
>>
>>385119896

>"lad"

What are you? Over 35?
At least you're the appropriate age to be wearing a fedora.
>>
>>385120829

Pity you're not the appropriate age to be posting in this forum.
>>
>have limited budget for game
>make story as vague and fragmented as possible
>order some interns to come up with some edgy sounding item discriptions after they are done serving coffee
>laugh while autistic buttmunchers pay to actually try to figure out the '''''''''''''story''''''''''' based on the random shit the b-team has come up with

will you guys ever learn?
>>
>>385120092

A painted world created from the Dark Soul could last for aeons.
>>
>>385121065

>sequel is due
>groan. Have to make another fucking game again. Oh well, free money
>put in the minimal amount of effort
>rehash the story
>skimp on level design so hard that enemies and attacks still clip through walls
>dump a load of too-powerful enemies all over the place
>shit. We've really done it this time. They'll never put up with this
>go online to see the reaction
>"HURR YOU FUCKIN SCRUB THE ENEMIES ARE FINE YOU BABY!"
>"CLIPPING DOESN'T MATTER, FAGGUT GIT GUD!"
>"THE STORY IS SUPPOSED TO BE REHASHED! IT'S A CYCLE!"
>laugh on top of our big piles of angry autist cash
>>
>>385121065
>>385121498
What games do you like
>>
>>385120421
Yes, it does eventually make sense.

Sirris is a darkmoon blade, a blue phantom that hunts down invaders and the guilty. She hates you because you aided Rosaria's Fingers, her sword red phantom enemy and this games Darkwraith analogue. If you've never played a dark souls game before it's not exactly intuitive that giving a tongue will anger her, but the rivalry between blue cops and red invaders goes back a long time.

Irina is literally Eygon's 2pure4u virgin holy waifu, "corrupting" her with dark and forbidden knowledge when she just wants to be a fire keeper is seen as evil on your part since you're sacrificing her innocence for a chance at forbidden power. Give those books to Karla, she's a witch already and loves that kinky shit.

Greirat dying has nothing to do with a time limit, it's about whether or not someone is in the vicinity to rescue him on his second mission. There are two possibilities, you can look up specific directions. His final trip is always fatal, although you can collect his ashes and the shrine maiden will sell you what he gathered. The heist was successful, he just didn't make it out alive.

Yuria is a Hollow and wants you to be a prophesied Lord of Hollows. She is sworn to Darkstalker Kaathe, a primordial serpent and perennial shit-stirrer. Because you are Unkindled, you don't hollow on death like other undead, and have to willingly take on the dark sigils. They want you to make use of your nature as an Ashen One, combined with the dark sigils, to take the first flame into yourself since none of the regular hollows could come close to even reaching it, let alone bear it. Read the item descriptions of what Yuria sells. Everyone has an angle, "free" levels are not free.

Anri is an Undead, and she's not headless she just has a blanket over her face. When you marry her, you use the Sword of Avowal to take her Dark Sigils upon yourself. Curses can't traditionally be destroyed in the souls series, only transferred to another.
>>
>>385121498
this

but overall the games are still cool in terms of gameplay
it's just ridiculous how people try to read shit into the almost non existing story and all the ancient mighty beings that always turn out to be part of an even more ancient mighty being...
>>
>>385121908

>eventually make sense.

after it happens. good.
>>
>>385121886
FIFA 2017
>>
>>385120929

Yet, here I am.
Defending a game that the majority of people (including respected members of the industry) enjoy. While a sad old man points out petty, minor flaws and tries to justify why people don't respect his opinion.
>>
shitty meme artorias "skill based" reaction fights
>>
>>385121908
>"free" levels are not free.
unless you walk around the corner and have the firekeeper heal you
>>
>Hand it over. That thing... your Dark Souls III: The Fire Fades Collector's Editionâ„¢
I thought Miyazaki went a little overboard here. Really good fight, other than that.
>>
>>385122103
>Defending a game that the majority of people (including respected members of the industry) enjoy.

k, lad. keep me posted.
>>
>>385122168
The firekeeper's healing costs exactly as much souls as the last five levels you purchased did.
>>
>>385121908

Is there any way to have made sense of all this before it happened? Because it didn't seem to me like there was. I met Rosaria before Sirris ever showed up. Had no idea that Karla existed in the game until after the profaned capital, many levels after getting the evil books..
>>
>>385121886
dark souls, but only for the gameplay, anybody trying to read something into the recycled placeholder story is just a fool
>>
>>385122347

Okay..well, do they have any negative effect on me at all? They seem free.
>>
>>385121886

Playing the Witcher III right now
>>
>>385121498

There was no obligation to make Dark Souls 3.
Why put minimal effort into a game you wanted to create?

How is the story rehashed when it just continues off the old one and one of the major themes of the story is how the cycle repeats?

Dark Souls 3 is arguably the easiest game, it just appears hard because it's the most mainstream media game so many casuals played it and got wrecked. But even if it is the hardest, why does that matter when the game is famous for being hard?
>>
Allow me to make some corrections
You curb stomp a literal who out in the desert after the world ended because he was stealing all the hobo blood
>>
>>385121908

Is Anri dead now? I stuck a sword in her face, but my DS1 undead got way worse than that and seemed just fine.
>>
>>385122706
>How is the story rehashed when it just continues off the old one and one of the major themes of the story is how the cycle repeats?
>"THE STORY IS SUPPOSED TO BE REHASHED! IT'S A CYCLE!"

Here, you're alive go kill these four dudes and link the fire there's a good boy. the end.
>>
>>385122737

two hoboes fight over a steak in a desert, and one kills the other
>>
>>385122394
That's one thing I didn't like. The NPC quests in this game could be beyond obtuse at times, to the point where you'd have to retrace your steps through the entire game any time anything of significance occurred, or else you might miss a part if the NPC quest. BB did the quests a lot more intuitively I thought.
>>
>>385122394
Sirris appears in firelink after talking to Anri and Horace at the halfway fortress, although she's kins of a dick who won't tell you much until you've given the Shrine Maiden the dreamchaser's ashes which are near the old wolf of farron covenant behind an invisible wall, although you can see the item from the bonfire.

I always did Abyss Watchers before the crystal sage and so put off the Cathedral until I was higher leveled, but even if you're planning on doing cathedral and deacons first you still have to go through the road of sacrifices.

The dreamchasers ashes are rather easy to miss on a first playthrough, I'm not a fan of such an important item being in the middle of nowhere. Would have been better if you found them where Hodrick first invades given Sirris' relationships
>>
>>385122256

>Keep me posted

This just in, 9 out of 10 people think you're a faggot.

Not >>385122103 btw
I just think you're a fag.
>>
>>385122987

So it's NOT my fault? Phew. I thought I was retarded for a second, there.
>>
>>385123039

>This just in, 9 out of 10 people think you're a faggot.
I guess that other one must be my boyfriend.
>>
>>385123065
Nah, I definitely wouldn't think so. I'd say to play through blind once, then look things up for your next.
>>
>>385123217

>next
eh. Maybe not. Unless the game gets a lot better second playthrough. Not enjoying it as much as I thought I would.
>>
Wait, people really liked Gael?
He felt forced and unfun for me
Just like his entire game
>>
>>385123347
Well I won't lie, there is very little replay value imo. These little quests don't even add much. Usually just a few lines of dialogue or an item. Mostly flavor and different endings.
>>
>>385123613

That's all good. I'm not often one for new game pluses anyway unless I am really into the game. Can you summon in NG+? I might just ride around with friends messing shit up.
>>
File: 1494224312484.jpg (27KB, 620x406px) Image search: [Google]
1494224312484.jpg
27KB, 620x406px
eh, still think the ivory king was much better
>>
>DS1 = Castlevania 3: Dracula's Curse
>DS2 = Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest
>DS3 = Super Castlevania IV
>>
What exactly is "the deep"?
And how is it different from "the dark"?
>>
Ringed City is the best DLC is the Souls series prove me wrong
>>
>>385122561
Besides looking like beef jerky and allowing yourself to once again be manipulated by the whims of a primordial serpent, no there's no downside. It's just one of four endings you can choose
>>
>>385124018
I doubt even the people who made this shit know.
Just wanted mysteries for the sake of mysteries.
>>
>level design
DaS >>> DaS3 >>> DaS2

>combat
DaS3 > DaS >>> DaS2

>replayability
DaS2 > DaS >>>>> DaS3

>atmosphere and lore
DaS > DaS3 >>> DaS2
>>
>>385117679
Manus is the primordial man, not the furtive pigmy. You find the furtive pigmy in DaS3 dlc.
Manus was a human whose humanity went wild, so he probably attempted to consume a large portion of the dark soul similar to Gael. Gael, however, kept his sense of self and even regained his composure after acclimating to the literal infinite amount of humanity/souls that were germinating inside of him.
Phase two of his fight isn't so much "you've hurt me so now I'm going full serious mode" but rather "I've had time to kind of figure out what's going on inside my body."
>>
>>385124018
I think the deep is just a darker manifestation of the dark. Dregs look very similar to humanity and there are some descriptions that mention the deep is a result of humanity sinking even farther or something
>>
>>385119001
Isn't that what the main character does too? If you didn't have the sheer force of will to survive you'd already had gone hollow ways back. And in the beginning of the game you are one of the weakest bitchboys with as much power as a common hollow.
>>
>>385123741
>based ivory king gets the good waifu in a group of power-hungry sisters
Was ivory king /ourking/?
>>
>>385124712
DaS3 is much more replayable than 2.
>>
Reminder that 90% of ds3 players are on /dsg/ and /v/ is a shithole.

Enjoy your circlejerking over 1 and 2 ;^)
>>
>>385124941
He's hollow in phase 2 and 3.He didn't "figure out his body", he's not even in control of it anymore.

Gael was sustained by his desire to collect the dark soul for his lady's painting. Once that's done and he realizes that it's complete within him, he goes hollow because he no longer has anything left to do. That's also why he left you those messages guiding you through the ringed city, since you need to be the one to carry it back to Ariandel.

Characters finally achieving their goals only to realize that without their pursuit they have nothing left to live for is the single most recurring theme in Dark Souls. It turns the traditional "Knight sworn to their duty" on its head, where the journey is the only thing keeping them sane.

Anri hollows once she defeats Aldrich. Siegward lies down and dies after he kills Yhorm. Siegmeyer goes hollow after finally feeling useful, reuniting with his daughter and being told his wife's last words.

This is also why some characters never go hollow. Andre is a blacksmith, as long as there are swords to forge and armor to mend, he has purpose and direction in his life. Patches lives to trick gullible saps and punish the greedy, well there's no shortage of them in the world. As long as there's another person alive to stab in the back, patches has purpose to his life.

The "moral" of dark souls is basically to find happiness and meaning in the actions of your everyday life, rather than relying on a distant goal to try and make you happy and fulfilled. Since eventually that goal will either be met or failed, and either way you're going to need to find something else to care about
>>
>DaS3 Level design
>better than DaS2
I dont get this argument
People said they hated DaS2 because the world wasnt as interconnected as DaS but then in DaS3 your hub is literally in a different dimension and you have to teleport around to get anywhere, at least DaS2 has a Hub closer to DaS firelink in design
>>
File: Memezaki.jpg (22KB, 480x319px) Image search: [Google]
Memezaki.jpg
22KB, 480x319px
>shitty linear world design
>fast traveling from the start
>outer hub
>casul-friendly invasion system
>spammy stunlock-fest combat
>barely any stamina management
>lack of weapon degradation
>gimmick bosses
>easy bosses except like 5 out of 19 in the vanilla game.

yeah DkS3 was a major disappointment, but goddammit Gael is the best boss fight in the series (even counting BB), so intense, so fast, so badass, no shitty gimmicks like multiple HP bars, and what makes it mechanically the most satisfying fight is the fact that you can stun him out of an attack if you keep pressure which created some of the most intense moments of simultaneously trading/dodging blows i've ever had in a boss fight. i wish i recorded a webm of this quick dodging hitting process.
>>
>>385126021
Every human can struggle to resist hollowing but it's the course of nature and cannot be stopped except in the case of Gael for no reason whatsoever.
>>
>>385126520
ive got nearly 300 hours in both DS1 and 2 but 3 i have only 40 hours. Theres barely any build diversity in 3 when compared to 1 and 2
>>
>>385115630
>>A lowly warrior of the lowest possible power level sworn to his duty survives the end of the world through sheer force of will
Yeah sure buddy
He wasnt any weaker than a hollow soldier in the Undead Patish
He wasnt any than the fucking player character
So that line of logic for geal doesnt hold up because it already fits the player, its nothing special.
>>
>>385126983
I've got 500 hours in 3 and less than 100 hours in 1 and 2

What now?
>>
>>385127349
that proves you have different tastes than mine
or you're autistic
or both
>>
>>385127527
Maybe you're the autistic one
>>
>>385119621
>being this autistic
>>
File: 1499368053254.gif (2MB, 268x325px) Image search: [Google]
1499368053254.gif
2MB, 268x325px
>trying to hype up a lazy artorias knock off
Lol
>>
>>385117642
>enemy placement is ludicrously bad, designed for "gotcha" moments, and not real challenge
How's it going DSP?
>>
>>385117642
>starter weapons still the best weapon in the game
Nigga, I've beat every souls with longsword and claymore, fuck off with that shit
>music is out of place, because the bosses are 90% unknown garbage with no set-up
>armour does nothing now because why not
Just like every other Dark Souls then
>>
>>385124941
I'd say there's a lot of evidence to suggest Manus is the Pygmy, his giant hand for a start. It suggests that his left hand touched the dark soul first. At that point the furtive pygmy turned into primordial man.
>>
>>385128189

>defending mimics being 80% of chests after a certain point.

About halfway through the game, the actual chests become mimics of the mimics.
>>
>>385128373

Well, Dark Souls 1 was good. Then the fanbase ensured that the sequels would be crap.
>>
>>385129246
>things I didn't say
I agree that DS3 went overboard on the mimics, but it's objectively the easiest souls game from the amount of lenience it gives the player. So calling anything overpowered or "gotcha" moments is just dumb.
>>
>>385129679

But mimics are designed solely to be "gotcha" enemies. That's the point of them. It has been for like..40 years now.
>>
>>385129679
>but it's objectively the easiest souls game
>things I didn't say

I never said it was hard, either. I wanted it to be. I wanted it to be a challenge, and not just a timewasting slog through hordes of dumb one-hit-kill enemies.
>>
File: Horror.png (63KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
Horror.png
63KB, 200x200px
>>385115630
>Finally get both dlcs and after beating the first one it takes me right to this fucks DLC
>That fucking tree demon angel thing
>mfw seeing it for the first time
>mfw as it keeps one shotting me because im in ng+4
I haven't gone back since then is it really worth it?
>>
>>385117642
>armor does nothing now
go pvp at level 120 with havel +3 and fap +3 and then tell me armor does nothing when people with boss soul weapons have half their attack animations covered in hyper armor as they do anime style combos on you.
the only problem with ds3 is that the game actually loses track of your mouse cursor if you have a multi screen setup.
thats the one true flaw with the game and it will never be patched out.
>>
>>385115630
Totally agree. Though i found the Dancer and dragonslayer armour pretty fucking awesome too
Thread posts: 125
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.