[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's been 14 years since GX came out. Have you played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 2647869.jpg (298KB, 1207x800px) Image search: [Google]
2647869.jpg
298KB, 1207x800px
It's been 14 years since GX came out. Have you played it? Did you like it?
>>
>>385111215
It was ok
>>
>>385111215
Duh
It was the best one.

Nintendo won't make a new one because it is too difficult of a game for their casual game playing mass audience.
>>
I enjoyed the challenge, customization, and high speed. Haven't played a game like it since.
>>
14 years? Doesn't feel that long. I'm not sure when after its release I picked it up, but I was never really into it. It was a fine racing game, my friends just weren't interested in playing it together so I set it down really quick. Still have my copy though, I keep meaning to go back to it but I've got other games first.
>>
File: 1493750943334.jpg (20KB, 500x249px) Image search: [Google]
1493750943334.jpg
20KB, 500x249px
Played it tons, unlocked everything.
>very hard/expert
>>
>>385111948
>Unlocked everything
>Only expert
Nigga, beat that shit on Master or fuck outta here.
>>
File: image.jpg (29KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29KB, 600x315px
>>385112206
I think he's referring to the story missions. Grand Prix episode on very hard was garbage
>>
To this day one of the best games ever created.
>>
>>385112365
Ah, yes. Chapter 7.
DEAR NINTENDO
>>
It's an amazing game. I'm not too bothered that there haven't been any more F-Zero games since (aside from the GBA ones) because modern Nintendo wouldn't know how to make a good F-Zero game. And most other developers that make high-speed racing games don't seem to capitalise on what made F-Zero so great.
>>
whats so good about it
theres a huge circlejerk around it but no one ever has any reason for it being good aside from "muh fun"
>>
>>385115047
Amazing sense of speed,still good visuals and rock hard 60fps,nice risk/reward with the energy system,lot of stuff to do and just overall polish.
>>
Chapter 7 and 8 on Expert still hurt.
>>
>>385115047
You get a great sense of control and responsiveness from the game despite driving at such high speeds. A lot of the time futuristic racing games have very narrow tracks with fairly smooth bends. F-Zero is able to have much more interesting track design thanks to how smoothly your vehicle controls. It's like comparing NASCAR to F1. And the story mode puts you in somewhat interesting scenarios while still revolving around driving. It's fairly cheesy and generic but it's the most engaging single-player campaign mode I can think of in a racing game. To top it all off, it looks great, runs great and it's got a great amount of difficulty that really push you to master the controls, which makes it all the more satisfying when you do complete it.
>>
>>385115047
The controls are really tight and track design is interesting and challenging. The framerate is smooth and coupled with the effects applied to boosting it provides a nice sense of speed which is key in a racing game like this. Players are rewarded for taking risks through the boost system that drains energy as well as playing aggressively and knocking other racers out which restores energy.
There is a large selection of vehicles and while not all of them are completely unique in their handling or are very well balanced, there are subtle differences between each and they are all distinct looking so it's easy to pick a favourite. Content in general is fairly good, with Grand Prix, story mode(with three different difficulties), time attack(with unlockable staff ghosts) and split-screen multiplayer with 26 tracks to race on, excluding story specific ones.
You can also build your own machines with all kind of stats using countless combinations of different parts and you can create your own emblems to attach to any machine.
Overall it's just a well made game. Has nice arcade style gameplay, incredibly tight controls and a lot of content for dedicated players to unlock. The reason so many people like it is because the game is good.
>>
>>385115047
How about you just play the game yourself and find out you fucking faggot
>>
>>385115047
If you like challenging yourself in vidya you will love GX.
>>
I liked it, but the more futuristic racers I play the less I think it's amazing.
>>
File: 1500874441894.jpg (217KB, 465x640px) Image search: [Google]
1500874441894.jpg
217KB, 465x640px
>>385111215
Yes and yes, was not as fun as X imho but still a worthy successor
>>
File: 1498531216252.jpg (516KB, 895x895px) Image search: [Google]
1498531216252.jpg
516KB, 895x895px
>>385111215
Still one of the best future racers. Nintendo is too casual now to ever make a game to top it again.
>>
CHAPTER 7 COPYPASTA
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.