[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>want to play some platformers lately >pirate pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 3081603.jpg (55KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
3081603.jpg
55KB, 320x320px
>want to play some platformers lately
>pirate pic related because I heard it's pretty shit anyway, also don't wanna risk with unity garbage
>start game
>main menu ugly and annoying as fuck with those faces and sounds
>start new game
>intro cutscene
>HUGH HUGH HU HUGH HGUH NYE NYE NYE NEY NYE
>MY FUCKING EARS
>return to the main menu as quick as possible
>go into options
>no voice mute or slider option
>google the annoying voices issue
>"HAVE U NOT PLAYED BANJOO KAZUI?? IT'S SUPPOSED TO SOUND LIKE THAT"
>"HOW CAN ANYONE DISLIKE THE VOICES?? IT'S THEIR TRADEMARK"

so what else am I in for? I know the only "positive" reviews are just manchildren with nostalgia goggles
is this shit worth my time?
>>
>>385108859
>Plays a spiritual successor to B&K
>Doesn't like B&K

Woowwwww
>>
You sound like a dumb faggot, probably underage
>>
>>385109139
how so?
>>
>>385108859
A patch for the PC version was recently released that fixes a few things, including a volume slider for the voices. Update that shit if you can't stand them.
>>
>>385109051
I hate it when people say this, theres no way this shit compares to B&K
>>
>>385108859
I haven't played Yooka-Laylee but you wrote a fucking cancerous post so here, have a (You)
>>
>>385109139
Funny enough that "sound" is your own mental voice since you are reading text, so the underage dumb faggot you hear is (you)
>>
>>385108859
I will say, as a Banjo Kazooie fan I found Yooka's voice to be annoying and grating. JUST his though. Banjo's "uwe hua uah uhwua uhwua uwah" was kinda cute and endearing, and so was Kazooie's "awa awaw awawwaw awawaw". I understand they wanted to do dialogue the same way, I just think they should've tried a few more different sounds to find one that sounds better than "ahh umm hmm ahh humm"
>>
>>385109537
>Same composer
>Same style (menu navigation, general movement, voice acting, music, anthro characters, collectable, and sold as "the spiritual successor of b&k")
>Similar level development

Just because it wasn't as good as B&K doesn't mean the intentions of the game changed.
>>
Game was okay, would've been much better with interconnected level design like in Tooie
>>
File: Tak and the Power of Juju.jpg (255KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Tak and the Power of Juju.jpg
255KB, 1500x1000px
>>385108859
Brah just playing something else. You should try out the tak games if you want a smooth platformer without to much bullshit to prevent your enjoyment.
>>
File: N-Sane Trilogy.jpg (323KB, 1188x1500px) Image search: [Google]
N-Sane Trilogy.jpg
323KB, 1188x1500px
>>385108859
If you like 3D Platformers that have a big focus on exploration, keep at it. Otherwise there are other platformers this year that already came out earlier this year, that play better in general.

Shovel Knight's Specter of Torment campaign or the Crash Bandicoot N-Sane Trilogy being two examples.
>>
>>385110485
already finished nsane trilogy since crash was my first platformer back in the ps1 era
haven't touched shovel knight yet though
>>
File: Samus Funny.jpg (40KB, 606x174px) Image search: [Google]
Samus Funny.jpg
40KB, 606x174px
>>385109537

This is objectively incorrect.

Even if you don't like it, or think it's shit absolutely does not change the fact that YL is meant as a successor to BK.

>same devs
>same composers
>similar UI
>similar game mechanics
>similar game play
>same genre

Don't be like that.
>>
>>385108859
Pirates dont get to have an opinion.
>>
>>385108859
You sound like an underaged faggot.
Also, you missed out on one of the few kikestarter games that doesn't suck.
>>
>>385108859
>>pirate pic related because I heard it's pretty shit anyway
Why did you expect to enjoy it if you heard it was shit?

Don't eat poo anon, it's not nice.
>>
>>385110248
>it was acceptable to put comic sans on the cover's spine
wew what a time to be alive
>>
File: wew.jpg (57KB, 668x324px) Image search: [Google]
wew.jpg
57KB, 668x324px
>>385110992
>he doesn't like the game made by my favourite childhood developers
>underage!!!

>>385110901
let's see what everyone else has to say then
>>
>>385111318
>metacritic

you really are underaged
>>
>>385111396
give me a good alternative then, grandpa
>>
>>385111462
your own opinion
>>
>>385111318
The best part is the people who developed Yooka Laylee aren't even the original team. People believed them regardless.
>>
File: Yooka-Laylee.jpg (326KB, 998x721px) Image search: [Google]
Yooka-Laylee.jpg
326KB, 998x721px
>>385108859
I don't know, OP. Is sixteen dollars worth your time?

>>385111396
>Metacritic
>Not the most accurate place to find proper representation of how bad a game is
Even GameFaqs can't be trusted for honest reviews, and /v/ is a marketing paradise.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.