[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So we can all agree esports is literally the worst thing that's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 7

File: a3c3b4c9c9.jpg (2MB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
a3c3b4c9c9.jpg
2MB, 2048x1365px
So we can all agree esports is literally the worst thing that's ever happened to gaming, right?
>>
Fuck no, esports are a huge waste of someone else's money and it doesn't impact me at all.

Let's Plays are the worst thing to ever happen to gaming.
>>
>>385106926
bitter complaining sad cunt
go do some squats
>>
Whenever someone on /v/ complains about esports I can't tell if it's because many games being pushed as esports have problems that the original CS/Quake/Starcraft didn't have or because they just want to mash buttons with their ass
>>
Yes and no. E-sports has been around for decades, but combined with the advent of twitch it has become full cancer with devs and publishers scrambling to make their gane check all the boxes to be an "e-sport" and top 5 on twitch
>>
>>385106926
worst thing ever? nope.

worst thing ever would be: going mainstream like hollywood, the hollywood games that come with that, muh girl gamers and other political shit, college liberals being hired in development and in journalism, etc.

esports is pretty bad though yea
>>
Why did Overwatch flopp as e-sport?
>>
>>385106926
Why? Are you so assravaged that some people make money while playing games? That's like complaining about real life sports. Some people enjoy watching other people run on a field or something, while some enjoy watching high level gaming.
>>
File: 1500800742346.jpg (112KB, 795x450px) Image search: [Google]
1500800742346.jpg
112KB, 795x450px
>>385106995
Agree with this guy on lets player bit

>>385107427
and with this guy on everything else, they pretty much sum up the worst aspects of modern gaming.
>>
>>385106926

They're fun and exciting, especially if you follow a particular player that you like.
>>
I think it's fun

Only thing I dislike are games being pushed super hard like Overwatch
>>
>>385107483
Because it would never have built up it's own competitive scene without Blizzard throwing money at it.
>>
Suits are the worst thing.
>>
>>385106926
>So we can all agree gender studies majors are literally the worst thing that's ever happened to gaming, right?
FTFY
>>
What about women?
>>
>>385107483
The game is quite shallow, it has a very low skill ceiling (I don't think it having a low skill floor matters that much), and thus the game gets incredibly boring fast. The only reason people play it is because of money, otherwise it would be dead competitively speaking.
>>
>>385107483
difficult to tell whats going on as a spectator, impossible if you haven't played the game
>>
>>385106995
This without a fucking doubt.
Lets plays ruined the shit out of YT's creative animators and editors. On top of this it made a lot of streamers and YT personalities turn into fucking shills.
>>
>>385107770
They would've already ruined gaming when we could first do voice acting and thus had to hire females for female characters
>>
>>385107668

Disney suits are even worst
>>
File: 1500217933830.png (246KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1500217933830.png
246KB, 500x379px
>>385106926
>we can all agree
>>
File: 1407641598729.jpg (25KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
1407641598729.jpg
25KB, 400x386px
>>385107802
>game is too complex to watch

L
O
L
>>
I think Ultima IV is the worst thing to happen to gaming.
>>
I would say the achievement system from Microsoft and all the systems that copy it.
>>
>dlc
>on disk dlc
>season passes
>always online
>releasing games that aren't even bug tested at all
>kikestarter
>OPEN
>WORLD
>SURVIVAL
>CRAFTING
>>
>>385107898

You forgot to mention that it killed cheat codes in the process, which led to publishers selling cheat codes as DLC.
>>
>>385107898
I didn't FORGET o mention it, I didn't mention ANY of the innumerable ways the achievement mindset has fucked our hobby.
>>
>>385108143
The thing that disgusts me the most about achievements is the existence of "started the game" achievements outside of the Simpsons game where it was meant to be a joke
>>
>>385107883
He isn't entirely wrong. Before I played it back in August last year, I watched some gameplay on YT and I struggled to figure out what was going on until I played it myself.
>>
>>385107883
But it is

There's a certain entry barrier of knowledge which you need to pass to be able to really tell whats going on in the game. This holds true for all MOBAs but especially for Overwatch considering the faster pace and different perspective. If you don't play the game there's no way of telling whenever someone makes a good play, or even which team is winning or losing. This isn't the case for games like CS:GO or Rocket League and that makes them much easier to spectate from an outside perspective.
>>
>>385107998
How is on disk dlc even a problem?

"I would like to pay money for this content however I want it hosted on a server so I can't get it if it goes down and also run up my bandwidth meter".
>>
>>385106926
>Not watching people play at high-levels.

I embrace it.
>>
>>385106926
No but it's probably the biggest forced meme ever or forced trend ever
>>
>>385108185
No. It's ALL shit.

From the harass your friends/post on YouTube achivements, to the collect all 500 flags achivements, to the grind multilayer to max prestige achivements, it's all garbage. Every last one.
>>
Why does /v/ love pretending that competitive video games didnt exist until now
>>
>>385107305
I dont like esports because gaming is just a fun time waster, not a fucking sport to be played on a basketball court in front of 30,000 weebs.

And then you get owners of football teams and multi-billionaires buying these teams of 15 year old nerds. It just becomes about money, not gaming. That's all Esports is: a chance for some kike developer and his rich friends to make some extra shekels off the backs of prepubescent highschoolers.
>>
>>385107483
i think its way too early to call it a flop. its probably the first time someone has really inorganically "pushed" a game as an e-sport so early in its lifespan and the devs are designing an infrastructure for it. if overwatch can hang onto its numbers for another year it may be able to come through but destiny 2 is going to kill a lot of OW's player base.

>>385106926
i went to a dota major (i dont even really play dota) with some buddies it was really fucking fun. i would do it again in a heartbeat. go to an event and you will change your toon.
>>
>>385108217
indeed goyim indeed
>>
>>385107998
>OPEN
>WORLD
>SURVIVAL
>CRAFTING

these are literally my favorite type of games.
>>
>>385106926
Off the top of my head I can say DRM and the open world trend have been far worse for gaming than e-sports ever has. E-sports was an inevitable future for gaming anyways, with multiplayer, good development and a competitive nature you'll end up with an e-sport scene.
>>
>>385108317
now we have more footage of their shenanigans

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-p6sOwIAGc

back then they were small enough to not garner that much attention
>>
>>385108570
>good development
Except companies are pushing badly made games as e-sports
>>
>>385108351
>destiny 2 is going to kill a lot of OW's player base.

Why? The pvp in Destiny is hot garbage. I mean, I get that they literally made D2 based around it being competitive, but the beta showed it's still just as shitty as its always been.
>>
>>385108570
I've been playing online since 1997 and this is a whole new breed of autism.
>>
>>385108331
Almost like a real sport.
>>
>>385108351

i skateboard and follow skateboarding waaaaaaaaaay harder than i follow gaming and skateboarding has dealt with a similar dilemma with contests and big money investors. the reality is that contests and big events are a lot of peoples first taste of the hobby/sport/activity/lifestyle/whatever. it brings in new interest it helps niche companies that focus soley on one thing get new eyes on their product. a vaaast majority of the people who find egaming will never become programers and will probably stop caring about e-sports in a few years. but they will still probably game and help keep the industry alive.
>>
>>385107998
>THE DARK SOULS OF ...
>>
sory
>>385108716
was meant for
>>385108331
>>
Worse thing ever are the ass hurt casuals that are now saying things like "video games are suppose to be relaxing" playing at a high level is relaxing dipshit. go back to playing pikmin if youre looking to waste time instead of getting a job
>>
>>385108636
people want to see the games they play.

i feel safe saying that OW is going to lose a big chunk of its casual player base to destiny 2. if people are not playing and obsessing over OW anymore they wont be watching it as an e-sport and fans are the most most important aspect of an e-sport.
>>
>>385108586
I knew fighting game communities were filled with faggot autist but jesus ever loving christ
>>
File: 1497219053737.jpg (97KB, 500x631px) Image search: [Google]
1497219053737.jpg
97KB, 500x631px
>>385108716
>tfw the skateboarding fad died back in the early 2000's
>>
File: .png (71KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
.png
71KB, 206x245px
>>385109072
>tfw I saw some guy break crack his leg at the skatepark and was scared ever since
I'll stick with my yoyo's and yugioh fads thanks.
>>
>>385109072
i mean it also died for part of the 90s, and 80s.

skateboarding 2.0 is more massive than skateboarding has ever been. there are more brands, videos, websites, and most importantly skaters than ever before. YouTube really changed everything for skateboarding the way i see twitch change everything for gaming.
>>
>>385108317
>Why does /v/ love pretending that competitive video games didnt exist until now

Because /v/ is filled with a bunch of contrarian hipsters who think that the esports scene is 2POPULAR4U
>>
>>385106926
>So we can all agree esports is literally the worst thing that's ever happened to gaming, right?

Ever think that you're just getting old?
>>
>>385107532
Sauce
>>
>>385106995
Not true, games are now made with being esports in mind which effects development. SFV is the perfect example of this

The game was made so big comebacks and big combos are easy which is meant to be exciting. Single player was neglected in favor of online while also introducing f2p aspects common in esports games. The game is balanced so new characters get time one screen rather than to achieve a well balanced game.

Let's play only effected shitty indie horror games
>>
>>385108217

>Make game
> Ur publishers financial department came up with strategy to milk more shekels
>cut shit out of the game you made and hide behind a paywall

It's just greedy. People wouldn't care if the dlc was worked on after the initial release
>>
>>385108878

>Training hours a day
>Getting so emotionally involved that you end up yelling at people/getting yelled at
>Needing to be 100% serious and focused at all times

Oh yeah so "relaxing"
>>
>>385106995
This. Esports are fucking gay though
>>
File: 1477451025619.gif (2MB, 420x314px) Image search: [Google]
1477451025619.gif
2MB, 420x314px
esports isn't even the worst thing to happen to gaming on this board.

eceleb cancer is
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.