[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why hasn't Portable Ops been released on PS3 as a HD remastered?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 9

File: mgs portable ops.jpg (68KB, 500x863px) Image search: [Google]
mgs portable ops.jpg
68KB, 500x863px
Why hasn't Portable Ops been released on PS3 as a HD remastered? It's better than Peace Walker and criminally underrated.
>>
Wasn't there people still playing this recently? Like a few years ago?
>>
>>385105148
I don't know, what do you mean?
>>
>>385105368
like it's an old psp game and people still play it anyway
>>
>>385105558
Ah right, the controls are bad and it's impossible to make them good in a sense so console version of this would be more than welcome. Even though it's more like an expansion to MGS saga and not 100% canon i think the story is still worth experiencing.
>>
>>385105093
>better than Peace Walker
Hmm.

Well anyway, during his last years with Konami, Kojimbo grew increasingly conscious about which games were "his" and which weren't. Game logo easter eggs in the Deja Vu mission practically solidified which games form the "Official Metal Gear Saga". Portable Ops, Revengeance and stuff like Ac!d games weren't directed by Kojima, so they could be considered what if-scenarios to his saga.

IIRC Kojima has flat out said that Rising is not how he visioned post-MGS4 world to be. Makes sense, because as much as GotP gets pissed on, there's at least a reason for Raiden being in the game. Revengeance just shits on everything. Damn fun game tho.
>>
because it was turned non-canon and thus nobody wants to play it because the MGS fanbase is full of lorespergs. I agree though it did everything peace walker did, but better. Bigger maps too. The biggest thing I prefer over peace walker is the fact you don't have some magic button to capture people, if you want someone, you better fucking drag their ass to your truck.
>>
File: 1484685767466.jpg (114KB, 852x937px) Image search: [Google]
1484685767466.jpg
114KB, 852x937px
>>385105093
to keep the normies out
>>
>>385105650
PPSSPP emulator play with a Xbox or dualshock controller.
>>
>>385105093
>It's better than Peace Walker
it's not. It's inferior in literally every single way, and feels like a cheap fanfic through and through.

And in case you didn't already know, Konami literally retconned it out of the canon timeline.
>>
>>385105650
>he controls are bad and it's impossible to make them good
I played it on Vita and mapped the d-pad to the right stick. If you do that and play it in first person you break the entire game.
>>
>>385105650
This. The game was FUCKING SHIT. Like, actually one of the worst games I've ever played (And I've beaten all the MGS games except V). Plus it's canonicity is up for debate.
>>
>>385105650
Didn't they mention stuff from Portable Ops in Peace Walker?
>>
>>385110694
A throwaway line at the very beginning then never again
>>
>>385110694
>>385111842
the game has a LOT of mention in MGS4
>>
>>385108803
I don't get the control problem. I was comfortable with the default PSP setting after a couple of plays. Of course it's not like controlling the camera with another stick, but my hands had less problem with it than things like MHFU
>>
File: MGS2-AI-Skull.jpg (73KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
MGS2-AI-Skull.jpg
73KB, 600x338px
>>385105727
> Revengeance just shits on everything.

I'd disagree

the only thing Revengeance shits on is how Raiden is almost an almost entirely different character than his MGS counterpart
but considering how different MGS4 Raiden was from MGS2 even that gets a pass from me

in some way Rising is more true to MGS2 than MGS4 was.
GW's AI at the end of MGS2 makes good points about the necessity of the Patriots. then comes MGS4 which just portrays them as a tumor on humanity, without any benefits

Rising's post-Patriots world is better, but it shows that with the Patriots out of the picture, the influental powerhungry cunts were quick to replace the power vacuum
>>
>>385105727
>Game logo easter eggs in the Deja Vu mission practically solidified which games form the "Official Metal Gear Saga". Portable Ops, Revengeance and stuff like Ac!d games weren't directed by Kojima, so they could be considered what if-scenarios to his saga.

it's all part of the ruse, baby.
>>
>>385105093
what's up with the metal tights, so gay
>>
File: Jotaro-Kujo.jpg (51KB, 480x640px) Image search: [Google]
Jotaro-Kujo.jpg
51KB, 480x640px
>>385105093
is that a JoJo reference?
>>
>>385105093
Kojima was butthurt that his portable game wasn't as good.
>>
File: ocelot.png (96KB, 245x320px) Image search: [Google]
ocelot.png
96KB, 245x320px
>>385105093
Portable Ops was the shit
Where else can you recruit and play as the best character?
>>
File: Untitled.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>385105093
PoOps was shit, even Kojima wants to forget it ever happened. PW improves upon absolutely every aspect of it including the story.
>>
File: Fulton.jpg (9KB, 250x142px) Image search: [Google]
Fulton.jpg
9KB, 250x142px
>>385115159
introduced such a silly and shit mechanic
I'd rather drag people to trucks and shit instead of having them zoop up into the sky
>>
>>385105093
>It's better than Peace Walker and criminally underrated.

DUDE WHAT. No fucking way. Not at all.

I played both the shit out of PO and PW and trust me both are good

But comparing both of them? PW is so much fucking better.

Also, it's not canon sorry.
>>
>>385115384
> silly

welcome to Metal Gear

> I'd rather drag people to trucks and shit instead of having them zoop up into the sky

no thanks
>>
File: 1470875080272.jpg (1MB, 2197x1463px) Image search: [Google]
1470875080272.jpg
1MB, 2197x1463px
>>385114228
And his son thought Peace Walker was a borefest.
>>
>>385113775
Because in MGS4 the "norms" deviated from the pattern the Patriots used to operate on and underwent a mutation; that being the war economy craze.
>>
>>385116126
i thought kojima made peace walker to be like a monster hunter game, because that's what his son and his friends were playing, and his son called his other games shit.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.