[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who the fuck pays for an early access game and expects the quality

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: articleone-edited-990e1.jpg (19KB, 588x203px) Image search: [Google]
articleone-edited-990e1.jpg
19KB, 588x203px
Who the fuck pays for an early access game and expects the quality of a finished product? Try your hand at an actual beta testing job then make these exact complaints to your supervisor and see where it gets you. The point of early access is to check out the progress of the game and participate in stress testing the game in it's current state. Instead we have typical /v/irgin retards shitting up every thread about an early access game.
>>
Literally everyone knows the difference between these two things and this thread is worthless
>>
>>385101587
/thread
>>
>Who the fuck pays for an early access game
Could have ended it right there
>>
>>385101798
This.
>>
>>385101493

Devs are very hesitant to go early access now, since you are allowed to refund once it gets out of EA

That's if it gets released which is what they end up fearing if they build a big player base.
>>
>>385101904
>Devs are very hesitant to go early access now, since you are allowed to refund once it gets out of EA
i find it weird how much "gamers" try to fuck indie guys, but will always spend 60 bucks on the newest triple A cinematic piece of shit, then buy all the DLC and the season pass for it, only to come here and complain about how shitty games are today.
>>
>>385101904
I've dipped into a few early access games like Road Redemption and Killing Floor 2, most recently pubg. The former two played like shit during EA but for some reason PUBG feels like its under a bigger microscope.
>>
>>385101989
Thats a whole other issue with EA. Most people are aware of the refund system for early access games and want to get the most out of the game that they can before it releases. I feel this is why people try to put pressure on the devs to make the game work.
>>
File: scam.png (918KB, 956x535px) Image search: [Google]
scam.png
918KB, 956x535px
>>385101493
i really dislike early access for this very reason. Devs can get away with murder for simple saying that the game isn't done yet despite being in sold as EA for year after year. Anti-consumer as fuck.

I play plenty of fun games that come out of early access but those are from the relatively good devs who actually care enough to release it. How anyone can look at all the survival games still in early access and defend this model is beyond me. Valve need to get involved and push the devs to actually release the game after a while.
>>
>>385102925

I wonder what ARK devs will do when it leaves early access next month and the issues that were reported two years ago are still there.
>>
>>385102587
>I feel this is why people try to put pressure on the devs to make the game work.
why bother if they'll just refund it? no wonder DayZ is still in early access, it makes no sense to release it if you'll lose all your money instantly.
>>
>in the past, people would get paid by the developers to beta test their game
>since the rise of pc "gaming", people pay developers to beta test their game
Steam was literally, objectively a mistake
>>
>>385102925
It's a thing that goes both ways. The devs either manage the money they are given properly or the people planning to play the game wait for it first instead of agreeing to buy an early access game.
>>
>>385101493
>Try your hand at an actual beta testing job then make these exact complaints to your supervisor and see where it gets you.
Nigga are you retarded? The difference here is you get PAID to beta test at an actual beta testing job, and Early Access is you PAYING the devs to essentially beta test the game for them.
I don't think anyone expects the quality of a finished product, but fuck me there better be some quality. Early Access is now being used today as some sort of shield to deflect criticism of a game's flaws. Sometimes there is legitimate criticism of an innate aspect of the game that has nothing to do with polish. No amount of testing is going to fix something such as that unless a complete overhaul is made. That's why people hate EA. Game's are left in EA for a long-ass time because the devs are scared people are going to refund their game. People are upset at EA devs for taking so long to produce a finished produce, increasing the likelihood of them refunding the game. It's all circular.
>>
>>385101493
>Who the fuck pays for an early access game
Could've stopped there
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.