[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it bad if I'm actually enjoying Resident Evil 6? Anyone

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 122
Thread images: 14

Is it bad if I'm actually enjoying Resident Evil 6? Anyone in the same boat? I think I need help.
>>
>>385098195
Its dumb but it is fun, who gives a shit what others think just enjoy it.
>>
>>385098268
/thread
>>
>>385098195
I enjoy RE6 to an extent. The gameplay is the best yet but pretty underutilized in everything but Mercs, and I actually like playing through Leon and Sherry's campaigns.
>>
>Is it bad I'm having fun with a medium made for entertainment

No you fuken spastic.
>>
>>385098195
It plays great and has some pretty nice setups and scenarios.
4 fags won't let anything that isn't 4 be seen in a good light and try to shift destruction of the series on any other game when it was 4 that killed the series.
>>
>>385098486
>killed the series.
>implying the series ever died
>>
>>385098541
Moving the goalposts now?
>>
>>385098195
Giraffe getting his dick sucked.
>>
Enjoy it while it lasts.

Around the wigger's campaign you realize its just the same shit over and over with no real progression. It has some good points but is ultimately just a confused and muddled experience.
>>
>>385098486
>4 that killed the series.
4 didn't kill the series, it changed the series. 5 didn't kill the series but it was worse than 4. 6 was just bad but the series is till going so it's not dead?
>>
>>385099114
Come on, he's not that tall. The older characters fall short in comparison because the Japanese are a race of manlets and it took them a long time to grow aware of their shortcomings.
>>
>>385098195
RE6 isn't bad, it's actually a pretty damn good action game. RE Autists just shit on any entry after 4 because they're not "survival horror". Meanwhile the only actual entry that is actually survival horror is the first, and spergs clung to that shit hard, so hard that Capcom caved in to all the bitching and made RE7 what it is.
>>
It's an amazing game it just got memed on because people can't think for themselves.
>>
>>385099031
Series never did die retard, you'd know this if you bothered looking at sales metrics for the games, even the wii only darkside chronicles still made bank.
Even fucking Operation Racoon City still made them money
>>
>>385099352
RE7 was a nice reset since 4 was the beginning and end of the TPS era. Continuing from 6 would've just been more lame co-op shit.
>>
Leon's campaign is good. The rest suck.
>>
>>385098486
>the weapons are shit
>shotguns don't blow enemies away like in 4/5
>bullet sponge enemies even on lower difficulties
>shortage of ammo no matter what because of said enemies
>bosses are shit
>>
>>385099352
>pretty damn good action game
I went in thinking of nothing but the infamous 3.0 score and was pleasantly surprised. Still not sure what's everyone so upset about.
>>
It has the best TPS gameplay ever made. Only approached by Max Payne 3 and Vanquish.

I've spent countless hours in RE6 mercs, too bad the campaign is balls.
>>
>>385099446
>shotguns don't blow enemies away like in 4/5
But that's wrong
>bullet sponge enemies even on lower difficulties
Aim for the weakspots like in the older games
>shortage of ammo no matter what because of said enemies
Stop missing
>bosses are shit
Apart from Simmons, yes the bosses weren't that great.
>>
>>385098195
It's a good shooter and I like it too. its not a horror game and the dialog is a bit weak but when heads are exposing, who cares.
>>
>>385098268
fpbp
>>
>>385099543
>meanwhile I have 200+ pistol rounds by the time I fight the big cheese in 4 new game professional
Nah, fuck off mate.
>>
>>385099421
No one makes local co-op anymore so I'm pretty grateful for it. RE6 was an absolute blast and I regret not buying it earlier.
>>
>>385099590
fuckin brainlet
>>
>>385099352
It's a boring TPS with less ammo, damage sponge enemies, braindead AI, a nauseating camera and levels that go on for too long.

It being different is not the reason I personally hate it.
>>
File: 1445905989637.jpg (14KB, 288x288px) Image search: [Google]
1445905989637.jpg
14KB, 288x288px
>>385099421
>4 was the beginning and end of the TPS era
Oh shut the fuck up. You think you're safe with that statement because RE4 is the supposed GOAT, but no. Get out you fucking parrot.

>Continuing from 6 would've just been more lame co-op shit.

As opposed to carrying Ashley around most of the game, eh? Continuing from 6 would have given us a more refined TPS/Beat em up hybrid, which would be fucking amazing. The game has some really great mechanics, It's too bad the shit is tied to this fucking mess of a franchise.
>>
>>385099446
I liked the weapons, what exactly was so bad about them? Especially shotguns were great for, you know, blowing enemies away.
I can think of two bullet sponge enemies. One makes a point of being shielded and goes down in two hits once you move behind it. The second regenerates, that's the point. There are some rare durable enemies but they wouldn't be a threat if they fell in one shot.
I only ran out of ammo once, in the very beginning of Sherry's campaign. Never had a problem with that either, even with a co-op partner purposefully stealing loot and pissing it away in jest.
>>
ITT
>i ran out of ammo, shit game
>too much ammo, where was all the fucking resource management!!
>>
>>385099926
I'll let you know one thing, I playd 4/5/6 back to back two years ago, I dont give a fuck about /v/s consensus or whatever.

Ashley is a pretty inconsequential part of RE4 if you know what the fuck you're doing. Literally just tell her to hide. That's infinitely better than managing inventory with an AI buddy you have to babysit (5) or is simply in the way (6)

Ashley also provided more variety in gameplay than any of the companions in 5/6, I'm pissed they didnt give her a segment on the Island.

RE6 had some good mechancis sure, but the level design ranged from OK to full retard and had nothing close to the god tier pacing 4 had, hell even 5 had something better going even though it overstayed its welcome by the end boss. Mechancis alone cant save a game, thats why MGSV is garbage too.
>>
>>385100107
>AI buddy
Oh lonely anon-kun . . .
>>
>>385098195
The finale of Jake's campaign is fucking hilarious, one of my favorite gaming memories was playing it for the first time and laughing my ass off
>>
>>385100201
I don't know man, I stopped laughing once I realized he wasn't going to kiss her after several hours of teasing.
Although I was laughing my ass off in nearly every cutscene and often during gameplay too. I think that's the point. That amount of camp could make anything hype as shit, it was ridiculous.
>>
>>385098195
Just started playing it, and can honestly say it's just as bad as everyone said. First 15 minutes of gameplay is nothing but QTE's.
>>
>>385100364
I always read their relationship more as power-of-friendship kinda thing.
>>
>>385100374
Pro tip: don't play leons campaign, it's easily the worst
doesn't even get halfway good until you get to china, and then it dives straight off of a cliff
>>
File: 80b.jpg (50KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
80b.jpg
50KB, 680x383px
>>385099926
Everyone just wanted horror again.
7 while a bit flawed brought horror back in a big way and was a great throw back to classic RE while still being its own thing.
I hope the next RE builds off what 7 did.
>>
>>385099985
Compared to 4/5? Nah the shotty is unsatisfying. "shortage of ammo", not "I ran out of ammo". Take Leon's campaign, the first slow enemies you see. In 4 you can headshot, kick, knife to death. In 6, you can't headshot once and stun them, you have to shoot enough to get a chance to insta kill QTE.
>>
File: 1500053247468.gif (570KB, 441x818px) Image search: [Google]
1500053247468.gif
570KB, 441x818px
>>385098195
In solo it's ok at best, but on other hand it's the best co-op game I've seen since 90s. Tried to find something on this level but no fucking luck. Dead Space 3 is a peace of crap, Dead Rising 2 is good but become boring soon enough, so, yeah.
>>
>>385100501
I wish I could be as wrong as you one day anon.
>>
>>385100654
That is completely and utterly wrong, you can headshot and into melee, same as in 4.
>>
>>385100762
Proof? I will GLADLY eat my words.
>>
>>385100801
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyGf9fhJ5uI
A quick 20 second google search was all it took anon

47 seconds in for a specific example.
>>
>>385100654
I don't want to go throughout the entire game repeating the shoot-kick-slash combo. It's dull when it succeeds and frustrating when it fails.
RE6 gives you more options. I did shoot at j'avo to stop them for easy melee in Chris's campaign and it was satisfying since it wasn't all I was ever doing.
>>
>>385100885
well I'll be
>>
Does the giraffe make an appearance in the game?
>>
File: 10-12-2012_04.jpg (38KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
10-12-2012_04.jpg
38KB, 600x400px
>>385101056
Yeah, although this may be considered a spoiler.
>>
>>385101056
He stands behind you while you playing it.
>>
2JX7D-4MB39-7HTW2
>>
>>385100439
There were some romantic vibes and you can't deny it man
>>
>>385101854
>already in library

Y-you too
>>
>>385101942
thx
>>
>>385101997
Well it is an RE6 key, so most people ITT will probably have it.
>>
>>385102113
Play umbrella corp faggot
You get to bully BRs
>>
>>385098195
Leon and Sherry's campaigns are pretty fun. Chris' is kind of boring right up until the end when it becomes absolutely fucking hilarious. Ada's is terrible.
>>
the story, from what I experienced, was a mess.

Also the controls were utter shit and made it unplayable
>>
>>385098195
killing zombies is real fun and there's an exceptional level of mobility there compared to most tps

leon is also at peak gun kata. pretty sure you could viably just use quickfire and never actually aim your gun and still succeed
>>
>>385102262
Adas' campaign is objectively the best. Not only do you get to stare at that delicious leather butt for hours on end, but her campaign is the only one with anything resembling proper level design. Only negative is that goo girl is a bit unpleasant to deal with.
>>
the online component of the campaign of re6 was very unique desu
>>
>>385100439
>jake tackles sherry in every cutscene
>throws a fit over leon touching sherry
>nearly shoots redfield over disrespecting his waifu (or dad, same shit)
>locker scene
>ending scene
>run hand in hand in a chinese brothel and solve puzzles in bedrooms and even visit the spa
>dumpster dialogue over who's groping who
Capcom blueballed me too fucking hard and I couldn't even express my frustration since my co-op partner would've thought I'm homosexual
>>
>>385102475
>actually wanting jake to put his filthy hands on sherry
The only person sherry should be doing lewd things with is claire.
>>
>>385102179
Don't listen to this psycho
Save your money and yourself
>>
>>385102612
It's a dollar in the humble bundle the anon bought
he already has it
>>
>>385102612
I already got it in the current humblebundle, that's why I have been posting keys of games I already had all over the board.
>>
File: 1497320422772.jpg (341KB, 824x798px) Image search: [Google]
1497320422772.jpg
341KB, 824x798px
>>385102273
Whole story in Ada's campaign, others are just, like, passing through.
>>
>>385102409
Boy, I sure do love sniping in a far corner of the map while all the action happens to the AI!
>>
When I realized RE6 was basically Gears of War it started to make sense
>>
File: 1395075447977.jpg (78KB, 772x468px) Image search: [Google]
1395075447977.jpg
78KB, 772x468px
>>385102716
>the whole campaign sucks because there are 10 minutes of downtime
>>
>>385102814
I too enjoyed all that cover I didn't use in RE6
>>
>>385098195
Enjoy your shit and be honest about the things you like.

I pretty much love Shadow of Mordor despite it's flaws. You'd be pathetic if you legit listened to what /v/ tells you to enjoy and hate games you actually enjoy because /v/ hates it.
>>
>>385102814
>gears of war
>not men in black simulator
>>
Why do people defend RE6 and get so defensive about it on here? As if someone is insulting their child? There's a reason everyone criticised it.
>>
>all three campaigns are shit, environment design can be summed up as "dark as shit urban area" with a few exceptions, level design is equally forgettable again save a few exceptions.
>story is as most times forgettable and doesn't have any memorable moments like wisecracking Leon or roided Chris punching a boulder in previous games.
>introduces firearms-wielding regular zombies which clashes with the typical gameplay mechanics of the series, tries to add cover shooting to remedy this but does so poorly.
>focuses way too much on QTEs to the point where they detract significantly from the experience, also the driving section in Chris' campaign had extremely lousy handling and physics which brings back memories of two decades ago when that kinda shit was somewhat acceptable.
Yep, it was shit. At least adult Sherry and Mercs salvage the game somewhat.
>>
>>385102996
Gee, maybe there's also a reason it's the best selling RE game in history.
>>
I enjoyed it a lot playing through with my buddy. My only complaint is that a lot of the levels are very noisy (visaully) and sometimes you spend a really long time in an area where you can't really tell what's what
>>
>>385103024
4 had cover segments and enemies with firearms.

1/10 shit bait
>>
>>385102814
a little bit. like gears if cover was practically worthless and you got the most mileage out of running around like an idiot using your melee gimmicks to chain kills and slide around and shit

leon alone had way more mobility options than say, the cole train. difference between a slender anime fuccboi and a fridge i guess
>>
>>385103087
muh sales

4 gets remade for every fucking gen, I think we know which is the game people actually want.
>>
>>385102996
maybe because people liked the game and want to defend a thing they liked

do you want the ability to unilaterally shit on something and get guaranteed no-replies to challenge you? you probably shouldn't be shitposting in a public venue then. or at least just do it in a format where you can't get replies in a real time
>>
>>385103237
4 gets remade for every gen and still can't outdo 6, I think we know which is the game people actually want
>>
>>385102845
Considering how short the campaign is and how much of it is reused from the other campaigns, I think it's a pretty fair criticism.
>>
>>385103342
6 couldnt even outdo 5 lmao
>>
File: 1418436298795.png (400KB, 500x623px) Image search: [Google]
1418436298795.png
400KB, 500x623px
It's genuinely a good game purely on the merit of its gameplay. It's one of the most mechanically satisfying TPS out there since they managed to perfectly translate the ridiculous shit they pull in cutscenes. Shit that Square Enix keeps fucking up ever since Advent Children.

http://www.capcom.co.jp/ir/english/finance/million.html

Just noticed the other day that the PS4 and Xbone sold another million, meaning that it's the most successful game of the company. Considering the game itself was kinda shit, they'd be stupid not to make another game polishing the gameplay.
>>
>>385102882
This, honestly.

I also enjoyed RE6. It definitely has some shitty moments in the campaigns but Mercs is fun as fuck.
>>
>>385103407
>It's one of the most mechanically satisfying TPS out there since they managed to perfectly translate the ridiculous shit they pull in cutscenes

and yet the controls were utter shit
>>
>>385103407
RE6 had good core gameplay but the level design did not serve it at all, that and the shitty story were the major (and very valid) complaints.

RE6 gameplay with the pacing and tension of 4 would be god tier (also cut out co-op, that shit is in the way)
>>
>>385103543

Everything about the game except the gameplay and characters (Jake and Sherry best couple/Christ and Piers best bros/Leon and Ada best blue balling) just seems design by committee that fucked the actual developers of the game. The guy who directed is the Outbreak guy and he wrote in interviews that all of his puzzle requests were denied in favor of setpieces.
>>
>>385103474
What part of them? I admit dashing was kinda clunky but everything else worked pretty well and control mapping felt intuitive.
>>
>>385104892
it was trying to be like an action game and a third persons shooter at the same time but failed to do both.

Not to mention it has an unnecessary stamina system and some enemies do not have a fucking weak point and take forever to kill
>>
FACT: RE6 is better than RE7.
>>
Leon's campaign is good, Chris's campaign is fine, Jake's is fucking garbage.
>>
Are there mods or anything for removing the QTE:s on PC? I played this with a friend on PS3 and while the game is okay I really hate the constant QTE:s.
>>
>>385099415
Darkside is fucking rad.
>>
>>385098195
It's really quite fun OP. Definitely better than RE7.
Don't listen to /v/, it hates anything related to video games.
>>
>>385102179
Umbrella Corps is actually fucking amazing, I just wish it had a few more weapons and some better game modes rather than just "lol random game mode"
>>
>>385098195
I couldn't enjoy the game because I had like 25 FPS. But it's fun I guess if it doesn't lag and if you are playing with a friend. Also Leon's first level reminds me of RE2 beginning
>>
>>385102882
>You'd be pathetic if you legit listened to what /v/ tells you to enjoy and hate games you actually enjoy because /v/ hates it.

Some people are just that lonely I guess
>>
>>385105256
Why is everyone so bothered over the QTE's? I hate quick time events and I've dropped several titles over them but in RE6 they aren't that common unless you're constantly hanging two inches from a zombie without attacking him. I think Leon's campaign had the most of them.

They're easy and you see them coming from miles away so I think it's fine. Referring to things like the hacking minigame or jumping on a downed boss to finish him. Co-op QTEs were actually pretty fun, I liked taking turns opening doors and pulling the trigger together in a boss fight.

Those RT-LT climbing scenes were fucking horrid and overstayed their welcome though.
>>
>is it bad that I having fun
/v/ - Video Games
>>
>>385098195
its a good fucking game

/v/ has shit tastes unlike myself
>>
>>385098195
I enjoy it for the dumb, over-the-top action game that it is. I'm glad action RE exists so we get crazy shit like 6 and Vendetta.
>>
>>385105841
>Why is everyone so bothered over the QTE's?
Because most of the QTEs in the game are cutscenes that if you missed one of them you start from the beginning, it doesn't add anything in to the game and yet it punishes you still.
>>
>>385098268
This.

I had more fun with how fucking mediocre it was than anything else.
>>
>RE6 shills still exist in July 2017

Wow
>>
>>385098195
I skipped it at launch because of reviews and what friends were saying.

Played it on ps4 and with i hadn't skipped out it's pretty enjoyable. It's not as cohesive of a a single player story experience as 4 and 5, but the multiplayer was fun and it had some pretty great moments.

Quick times weren't as bad as i was expecting, people highlighting them are really condensing them hard.
>>
>>385107676
This is probably the most widely accepted game I've ever shilled dude. You think it's surprising that people still praise RE6? I'm still praising Final Fantasy Type-0, and I honestly believe it's one of the best games in the series. I could make an unpopular opinions thread hit the bump limit all on my own. In fact I have an opinion that could probably do the same entirely in (you)s. That being that RE2 is the worst game in its series.
>>
>>385098195
I play it split screen with my little bro and it's a fun action game.
>>
File: 1490132229955.gif (1MB, 795x450px) Image search: [Google]
1490132229955.gif
1MB, 795x450px
>>385105083
Nope.
RE6 isn't even a horror game.
4 at least had atmosphere but everything after had no atmosphere or horror to them.
7 brought that back in a big way. Plus it had pacing and good level design which 6 had none of.
>>
>>385108820

>That being that RE2 is the worst game in its series.

While I don't share the hatred people have for RE6, why would you post a thread about being so utterly wrong?
>>
File: 1500926983601.jpg (107KB, 601x545px) Image search: [Google]
1500926983601.jpg
107KB, 601x545px
>>385108820
>That being that RE2 is the worst game in its series.
I only just noticed you said that.
Fuck me 6fags have no god damn taste.
>>
File: UC_Wesker3.jpg (29KB, 560x639px) Image search: [Google]
UC_Wesker3.jpg
29KB, 560x639px
>>385108820
>RE2 is the worst
Hell no. REmake, 2 and 3 are the best
>>
File: 1393169020821.png (264KB, 1638x1912px) Image search: [Google]
1393169020821.png
264KB, 1638x1912px
>>385110002
>putting any of those 3 above 1
>especially RE2
I'm not the one that's utterly wrong here.
>>
>>385110161
2 is better than 1.
This is not an opinion, it's a fact
>>
>>385109650
Not OP but while RE7 is a very good game it's nowhere near as fun as 6. I say fuck horror, camp and couch co-op action is the way to go. The franchise's even got fitting characters for it and action-oriented co-op sells like hotcakes. Sure, horror elements are nice but it's very subjective whether they work at all in scaring players and they make for tedious gameplay.

MGS already died trying to go mature and serious, no need for others to follow. Japan needs to stay off shitty Western trends.
>>
>>385110161
I did and I stand by it.
>>
File: 1487791850721.gif (610KB, 598x444px) Image search: [Google]
1487791850721.gif
610KB, 598x444px
>>385110349
Well sorry but I don't really care about action all that much.
RE4 would be no where as good if it had none of the fantastic pacing or level design.
I hated 6 because it was nothing but a blur of action setpieces and none stop shooting with no attempts at horror or building an atmosphere.
Horror and atmosphere level design and a real sense of danger make RE for me.
Also what do you mean by mature and serious? because RE7 is the campiest I've played in recent memory.
Your fighting super powered rednecks for Christ sakes. You cant get any more cheesy without it becoming downright stupid.
>>
I recently played it as well OP and I loved it. Underrated game
>>
>>385098268
Great couch coop
>>
How is Zero? Worth it?
>>
>>385112973
No.
>>
>>385113405
why?
Thread posts: 122
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.