[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Ok /v/, it's that time again. Tell me why you don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 195
Thread images: 24

File: dark-souls 3.jpg (4MB, 2768x1557px) Image search: [Google]
dark-souls 3.jpg
4MB, 2768x1557px
Ok /v/, it's that time again.

Tell me why you don't think DaS3 is the best souls game and a complete masterpiece and I'll tell you why you're wrong.
>>
>>385089523
It's not a Sony exclusive, so it's trash.
>>
>>385089523
Because op is always a faggot.
Faggots are by definition always wrong
>>
>>385089523
I couldn't get past that rolling ice lizard at the start, so returned it after one night. If they're going to lock away all their content behind impossible to beat enemies then I don't want to play.
>>
>>385089523
Played all ds game, playing through 3 now.
I can tell you as a normie that 3 is my favorite fuck what anyone else says.
>>
>>385089607
spbp
>>
>>385089751
but that's completely optional
>>
>>385089523
The only good thing about it are the graphics.

It tries to be a mix of BB and Dark Souls and fails horribly sice it has neither the good things about Bloodborne or the good things about Dark Souls. It's easy, the boss fights are forgettable, it's a linear experience, NG+ is a joke and the PvP has no room for builds other than the meta. Only ledit kids who played it as their first Souls game think it's good.
>>
>>385090030
Tfw autism anon couldnt beat him, but i killed the fucker in 3 minutes.
>>
>>385090030
There was no where else to go without enemies constantly killing me.
>>
File: 1489726339116.jpg (59KB, 500x456px) Image search: [Google]
1489726339116.jpg
59KB, 500x456px
>>385090553
>>
>shit tier gameplay
>shit tier story
>shit tier characters
>shit tier armor
>shit tier weapon moveset
>No dynamic shadow from torch despite both bloodborne and dark souls 2 having one
Worst in the series
>every boss is a big dude in armor
>>
>>385090553
Sounds like (You) need to.
G.I.T G.U.D
>>
File: 1497912614836.jpg (161KB, 1446x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1497912614836.jpg
161KB, 1446x1462px
>>385089523
>Dark souls
>good
>>
>>385090671
Nice, Bait.
>>
Lothric is cute
>>
File: 1492666624764.jpg (138KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1492666624764.jpg
138KB, 640x480px
>>385090671
Sadly, what you've said describes DS2 perfectly.
Thanks, anon!
>>
>>385090764
Great argument, as expected from das3 fan
>>
File: 36501_dark_souls.jpg (419KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
36501_dark_souls.jpg
419KB, 1920x1200px
>>385089523
It's really uninspired.
Rehash of Ds1 + Bloodborne mechanics that don't mesh with slow rolling speed.
Every area is a grey forest or church. It's muddy and gross. The game has no atmosphere.
Every boss feels kinda samey, all the fights are two phase bosses where spam b to win is the only way to take on the enemies.
Super linear.
Like Dark Souls 1 +Bloodborne without either of the elements that make those two game legendary.

I like Ds2 more cause it actually has a creative bone in it's body.
>>
>>385089523
Lack of attention to detail and a fair amount of obvious cut corners, very poorly thought out NPC encounters, very forced character and world progression, repetitive enemy encounters, meh graphics, lacking environment variety, fairly mediocre levels apart from a few that are kind of good.

>>385090671
I'm pretty sure that BB doesn't have dynamic torch shadows since the player character doesn't cast a shadow when a torch is used. That is a DaS2 exclusive feature.
>>
>>385091084
This, although I'd still put 3 above 2. While 2 is undoubtedly the more creative and varied of the two, it caused me physical pain to play through it due to some of the awful mechanics introduced (DLC was pretty good, but it doesn't make up for the abhorrent base game), while 3 was just boring and uninspired.
>>
>>385090707
I don't know what that means. Was it an armour type?
>>
>>385090632
I'm not sure what that means. Skyrim is objectively a much better game regardless.
>>
>>385089585
This, being available on pc clearly ruins it
>>
>>385091006
>It's poopy and I don't like it
>cool. . .
>YOU CAN'T EVEN COME UP WITH AN IN DEPTH ANALYSIS PROVING ME WRONG

bait harder nerd
>>
Felt too much like they were trying to make it feel like BB since it was so successful. Apart from being on the same engine a lot of the bosses (albeit optional) felt like they more belonged in BB than in a Dark Soul fuck you Midir and Ocieros in particular which adds artificial difficulty in turn. Dark Souls is not made for BB style bosses. And the netcode fucking sucks so pvp is a nightmare
>>
>>385090126
>sice it has neither the good things about Bloodborne or the good things about Dark Souls.
Wrong, it's the perfect mix of both, best of both world. Souls gameplay with a tiny bit more speed
.>It's easy
Just like all the other soulsborne games?
>the boss fights are forgettable
Bosses fights curbstomp everything seen in souls games so far, and many are even better than BB bosses. Champ gundyr, twin princes, Friede, Gael, SoC, Abyss Watchers, Dancer, Nameless King, Sully, Armour, Midir and Demon prince are masterpieces of good boss design.
>it's a linear experience
le linear is bad meme, neo/v/ at its finest
>NG+ is a joke
Every NG+ is a joke except DaS2
>the PvP has no room for builds other than the meta
Memes, memes everywhere. Literally every build is fun and viable, be it melee or magic or ranged. Every weapon class is viable, and since 8/10 of the weapons have a unique weapon art, every weapon becomes viable and fun to use.
>Only ledit kids
>I disagree with him, better call him reddit, teehee
>who played it as their first Souls game
>If you like this game that I don't like, it's because it's your first!
Based anon proves that Bloodborne, RE4, DMC3, Max Payne 2, Diablo 2 and others are shit because it's not the first game in the franchise
>>
>>385092638
das3 fanbase THAT desperate, pathetic
>>385092761
>Apart from being on the same engine a lot of the bosses (albeit optional) felt like they more belonged in BB than in a Dark Soul
Actually no, they didn't
All bloodborne bosses felt special and different from each other, even beasts
All das3 bosses felt the same like they tried to copy duel bosses like arthorias and fake king but on the faster bloodborne engine
>>
>>385092093
if you like living in your head sure
>>
File: Frigid_Outskirts.jpg (263KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Frigid_Outskirts.jpg
263KB, 1920x1080px
It's missing a proper snow area like pic related.

Don't say Painting of Ariandel.
That whole DLC was pure shit except for the final boss.
>>
>>385092978
I actually noticed when playing through BB for the first time after Dark Souls 3 that they pretty much ripped most of Lady Maria's moves and put them on Gael in the final DLC fight
>>
>>385093083
Frigid Outskirts is probably one of the worst levels I have ever played in any game
>>
all other weapons are inferior to straight swordz

>b but you can win with any weapon you just suck!
yeah, but why would you? they're inferior both mechanically and in terms of enjoyment

>you're wrong other weapons are good!
sorry but no

>so just enjoy the game with straight swords, dickhead!
great, that's good for one monotonous playthough
>>
>>385092963
stop talking to yourself, anon
>>
>>385093236
Spears. Pikes. Daggers. Begone.
>>
>>385090671
>shit tier gameplay
Best gameplay with BB
>shit tier story
Same shit
>shit tier characters
Arguments?
>shit tier armor
Best fashion souls with DaS2
>shit tier weapon moveset
Now this is bait
>No dynamic shadow from torch despite both bloodborne and dark souls 2 having one
True
>Worst in the series
Argument?
>every boss is a big dude in armor
yeah, because that's the best. Best DaS bosses were Gwyn and Artorias, big dudes in armor.
>>
>>385093472
>spears, pikes
OK, you got me, you can cheese your way though with a pointy meme weapon like in every souls game

>daggers
good for stabbing trash enemies, but then again you could just R1 them down with your memesword
>>
>>385093236
>i'm a minmaxing whore
>>
>>385093236
If it is purely about mechanical efficiency, then why not use Cheat engine?

Is this for pvp or pve?
>>
>>385093586
Just submit, anon. You'll be happier if you embrace the aryan greatshield master race.
>>
>>385093706
>minmaxing
already mentioned: straight swords are also the most enjoyable weapon because other types make the game a chore while offering very little interesting gameplay variation (compare this to DS1 where ultragreatswords, greatswords, straightswords, polearms etc. are all good in pve and excel in different situations)
>>
>>385093521
>Best gameplay with BB
Lie
Speed in bb was important with every game aspect being tied to it
In das3 speed just afterthought of bloodborne engine. For example you can parry vials in the borne, you couldn't do shit against estus in das3.
>Arguments?
They are terrible. People blame das2 characters for being mediocre, but das3 ones exist only to suck your cuck and making you feel a super special while being poorly made ripoff of characters from the previous games
>Best fashion souls with DaS2
Nope. borne and das2 are the best
>Now this is bait
While moveset is miles ahead of das2, it still sucks compared to fucking des and bloodborne
>yeah, because that's the best. Best DaS bosses were Gwyn and Artorias, big dudes in armor.
People loved this bosses because they were different from others. All bosses in the das3 feel the same, and it's especially jarring because bloodborne actually managed to make all bosses fast and dangereous while keeping them different enough.
Even if we forget about 3 previous games because das3 made on the bloodborne engine, in bloodborne you could kill most of bosses of your blood level by not going melee even once, just by using tools/gunrapier. In das3 spellcasters are worthless if they can't fight melee against bosses
>Argument?
Everything above
Also about spell variety:
In des, despite having manabar, it was better to have different attacking spells for different situations. Same with bloodborne tools
In das3 keeping on bar more than highest dps spell is just plainly retarded
>>
>>385090126
>it's easy
What??
>>
>>385092963
A few of those bosses are examples of pretty poor or simply heavily derivative boss design. Midir in particular is just a pushover boss but with bloated health.

>>385093521
>Gameplay
Gets pretty repetitive due to poor design of enemies. If the enemy doesn't rush you and force you to dodge an attack you rush them and force them to eat all the hits that your stamina bar has and then use the last portion of your bar to roll away and regain your stamina.
>Story
Bit too much of a retread and doesn't give its own concepts much screentime.
>Characters
The hub is disconnected from the rest of the world. While other games in the series could have characters placed in logical peril due to having to make long foot trips this game can't do the same as all characters have to be able to warp at will to visit the hub. There are also a few hollow characters that simply show up dead somewhere as opposed to actually going hollow. Also worst Patches outside of the DLC as none of his betrayals are properly done (Patches first betrayal has him in a position where he can't possibly pull the lever to lower the bridge and he doesn't spawn in the level until he executes his second betrayal).
>Armor
Almost all of the helmets are poorly modelled/textured and look awful with the most common defect being a tendency to model the helmet shut and not show the character's face when looking through the holes.

That's my take on it at least.
>>
>>385094027
You are quite possibly the most retarded person alive. Good job.
>>
>>385095432
>Das3 fanboy doesn't have argument, but thread dying and it needs bump
Pathetic
>>
>>385089523
>sorry, DaS2baby

Bloodborne>Dark Souls 1>=Dark Souls 3>Demon's Souls>>>faggot
>>
File: Honeycam 2017.webm (1MB, 640x436px) Image search: [Google]
Honeycam 2017.webm
1MB, 640x436px
>>385093126
pathetic
>>
>>385095904
>same character uses the same moveset
>WOOOOOOOW
You're retarded.

>>385095760
BB=DaS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>>sotfs=DaS=DeS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS2
Only correct order
>>
File: Honeycam 201707.webm (3MB, 634x354px) Image search: [Google]
Honeycam 201707.webm
3MB, 634x354px
>>385093126
>>385095904
>so pathetic
>>
>>385089523
It wasn't as fun as the first Dark Souls and Bloodborne.
>>
I think das2 hater finally lost it
>>
>>385096116
It was way more fun than DaS, and just as fun as BB.
>>
>>385096246
I did not like it as much. It felt like I had already seen everything the game has to offer.
>>
File: 1348616135841.jpg (14KB, 248x238px) Image search: [Google]
1348616135841.jpg
14KB, 248x238px
>>385095904
>>385096075
>Ornstein uses the same moves as Ornstein
>>
File: 1455064375711.jpg (6KB, 192x217px) Image search: [Google]
1455064375711.jpg
6KB, 192x217px
No new gameplay additions nor does it really refine anything.
Level design is generally mediocre with little verticality and almost zero choice in how to progress.
Majority of areas are just inferior clones of existing ones with very few truly unique ones.
Too many cathedral and castle ramparts areas.
Shortcuts have been handled in a lazy, uninventive manner and consist of nothing but locked doors and elevators.
Least and worst optional areas in the series.
Lack of visual polish and looks inferior to Bloodborne.
Drab grey/brown pallete used in too many areas ("b-but it's the end of the world!" Previous Dark Souls titles had far greater variety than this).
Awful weapon balance on launch with faster weapons completely outclassing slower ones.
Weapon arts are lazy as fuck and a good bulk of them feel like they could have been spell buffs.
Backstab mechanic that BB perfected has been reverted back to being shit again.
Bosses are all ultra-conventional and when they're not they're terrible.
Low-effort story that doesn't even attempt to tie anything up and instead opts to regurgitate the plot of DaS1 with some painting nonsense on the side.
Insulting reliance on fanservice which the game bombards you with in the most ham-handed manner.

Even worse than DaS2, which was already mediocre.
>>
File: 1484037320541.jpg (144KB, 618x597px) Image search: [Google]
1484037320541.jpg
144KB, 618x597px
>>385096075
>>385095904
>Ornstein

"Hey, that's cool, I remember that!"
"Yeah... another thing I remember... are you just trying to be Dark Souls 1 again?"
>>
>>385096075
>>385095904
It is kinda pathetic when you consider that Lady Maria and Gael are two completely different fucking people
>>
>>385097208
>A sequel HAS NO RIGHT WHATSOEVER to reference previous games in the series, even when said sequel adds more than enough new content.
>>
I'm about to play it for the first time, anything i should know beforehand or i can fully go blind?
>>
>>385097969
Souls games are best blind.
>>
>>385097969
>I'm about to play it for the first time, anything i should know beforehand
Actually yes, there is
Member how you could use any weapon in previous games and have fun?
Not such thing in the dark souls 3, sorry
Better be prepared in advance for it
>>
File: 14846328240835.jpg (740KB, 600x6683px) Image search: [Google]
14846328240835.jpg
740KB, 600x6683px
>>385097208
Dark Souls 3 is lazy. And you should feel ashamed for supporting it.

The amount of rehashing and callbacks to especially Dark Souls 1. This game just went overboard with it, and it feels more like pure fanservice instead of something meaningful.

Hey, another horde boss (like the Bell Gargoyle, Phalanx, and Celestial Emissary)! Hey, another clone boss (like Pinwheel and Maneater)!

The Gutter. What, did they just copypaste some random layout from Dark Souls 1's Blighttown and change the textures? Some of the blandest, least interesting level design in the entire Soulsborne continuum.
>>
whats the point of playing through dark souls 3 more than two times? maybe three if you're stretching it. I'm still doing dark souls 1 playthroughs because they're always different. ds3 felt like a watered down souls game.
>>
>>385098139
>Member how you could use any weapon in previous games and have fun?
>Not such thing in the dark souls 3, sorry
It's literally the opposite. Literally every weapon is viable and fun both for pvp and pve. And since 3/4 of them have unique weapon arts, most of the weapons feel unique, so you'll always have new things to try out.
>>
>>385089523
Because sorcery is utter shit for no reason while pyromancy is blatantly overpowered. Because enemies that are so aggressive that if you're not using a dagger they'll swing faster than you so you have to poke them down before they even get close to you are shit. Because archery is shit(again). Because enemies that interrupt being staggered to instantly jump into the air and probably kill you are shit. Because the game's speed suits Bloodborne-esque movement, but you don't actually get that, you just get roll spam, which leads into a problem introduced solely because someone wanted the game to go faster but not too fast. Because the game cheapshots you with ambushes you could not possibly have seen coming far too many times. Because several bosses in the game were more annoying to deal with than Bed of fucking Chaos because of the retarded amount of roll catches and windup attacks that give you like 2 frames between the windup ending and the swing coming at you so fuck you if you didn't know the timing before you fought.
>>
Bosses have infinite stamina and so do you.
>>
>>385098529
I feel different. I had to force myself to finish DaS once, and couldn't finish it a second time. Meanwhile I finished DaS3 17 times and I'll replay it with another build in an hour when I get back home.

DaS is always the same, be amazed at how god tier is undead burg, then drop the game faster than a hot potato because it's tedious, unengaging, and everything except straight sword/halberd+shield feels like shit.

Meanwhile the weapon arts alone make you want to play with every weapon in DaS3.
>>
>>385098840
>Meanwhile the weapon arts alone make you want to play with every weapon in DaS3
No they fucking don't. Weapon arts could be removed entirely and the only thing that would suffer would be PvP.
>>
>>385098691
>Because sorcery is utter shit for no reason
it's not, it's just not as OP as in DaS and DaS2.
>Because enemies that are so aggressive that if you're not using a dagger they'll swing faster than you so you have to poke them down before they even get close to you are shit.
Then why can I play the game with every weapon without any issues or having to "poke them down"? I just attack and dodge when they attack, like always. As for aggressive enemies, that's a good thing, you could fall asleep against most enemies in DaS. And enemies that are supposed to be hard like darkwraiths are pathetic in DaS, while they are scary and dangerous in DaS3.
>Because enemies that interrupt being staggered to instantly jump into the air and probably kill you are shit.
If you know they'll jump in the air and kill you, why don't you just dodge? Are you complaining because enemies have multiple attacks and force you to adapt?
>the game's speed suits Bloodborne-esque movement, but you don't actually get that, you just get roll spam
The game is faster than DaS/DaS2, not as fast as BB. I think it's the perfect mix of both. Because let's be honest, playing something as slow as DaS after having experienced BB would have been motion sickness inducing. Now it's faster, tighter, more reactive and intense, more rewarding. And shields are finally balanced instead of OP as fuck like in DaS. Now you can't tank 10 boss hits in a row without moving.
>Because the game cheapshots you with ambushes you could not possibly have seen coming
Just like in DaS then, a true successor.
>so fuck you if you didn't know the timing before you fought.
You can always dodge an attack when the boss baits you into rolling even when you never fought him, you just have to pay attention and be more reactive, this ain't DaS.
>Because several bosses in the game were more annoying to deal with than Bed of fucking Chaos
Such as? Even the most tedious boss in DaS3 is still miles above most bosses of DaS imo.
>>
>>385098972
But weapon arts are so fun and good looking that I play with every possible weapon, because now most weapons feel unique. Weapon arts are also extremely useful for pve you know.
>>
>das3 kid got BTFO
>das2 is shit shitposting started right after 18 minute long of no bumps
Every fucking time
>>
I found out a secret: equip Lapps armor and gold serpentring +3 for magicfind bonus
>>
>>385089523
It's not that difficult, the "difficulty" the series claims is just upscaled from the Legend of Zelda OoT Stalfos enemy.
It's literally only hard if you don't into patience.

It has barely any rpg elements
It has barely any story elements
>B-but muh item descriptions!
A bunch of random "puzzles" consisting entirely of shit you would have to look up to know, instead of intuitive puzzle design
>B-but muh optional content
Trial-and-error ambushes/traps/surprise you're dead, better remember this corner next time
>B-but git gud

It isn't a terrible series, especially with standards as lowered as they are now, but it's not without its flaws.
>>
File: DS_Playtime.png (805KB, 1600x2700px) Image search: [Google]
DS_Playtime.png
805KB, 1600x2700px
>>385098529
Git Gud
>>
File: g.jpg (7KB, 210x230px) Image search: [Google]
g.jpg
7KB, 210x230px
>>385099601
>git gud quipper
>>
>>385099601
>Legitimate complaint
>Git Gud in a situation where it is a non-sequitur
How can one fanbase be so shit?
>>
>>385099462
But noone mentionned difficulty in this thread. I never said anything about what's difficult. That's not the point of the thread.
>It has barely any rpg elements
More than enough for an action-rpg, this isn't DnD.
>It has barely any story elements
But it does, instead of sperging out, just watch the cutscenes, read NPC dialogues and item descriptions, pay attention to the world and piece everything together yourself. Most of the story is clear as daylight without having to "look up".
>Trial-and-error ambushes/traps/surprise you're dead, better remember this corner next time
There is literally nothing wrong with traps especially when you can avoid them by just paying attention to your surroundings, even on your first playthrough. If you die everytime, can't adapt to the surprise and just run through the game like a retard hoping that at one point you'll reach the end of the level, that's your fault, not the game's.

>but it's not without its flaws.
Nobody EVER said it's flawless. And gess what, there isn't a single game out there that's flawless.
>>
>>385099245
>it's not,
Yes it fucking is. The ONLY playstyle worse than sorcery is pure archery and pure archery is retarded for multiple reasons.
>>
File: DS3.webm (2MB, 464x430px) Image search: [Google]
DS3.webm
2MB, 464x430px
>>385098972
This is why the weapons art is so fun.
>>
>>385098650
Please do not fill the thread with lies. No one uses weapon arts and all combat has been watered down to R1 mashing since players will roll through everything and nothing has poise.
>>
>>385089523
DS3 is one of my favorite games.
>>
>>385099601
>Replay value
DS3>DS2>DS1

why? what's wrong?
>>
>>385099245
>Are you complaining because enemies have multiple attacks and force you to adapt?
No, I'm complaining because it's a shit gotcha that you don't even have time to roll out of if you fall for the cardinal sin of swinging more than once at an enemy that not only looks like they'll be stunned on hit, but look exactly like enemies that don't do this.
>>
>>385099754
>More than enough for an action-rpg, this isn't DnD.
It doesn't have to be. it has to be an RPG.
>>385099754
>There is literally nothing wrong with traps especially when you can avoid them by just paying attention to your surroundings, even on your first playthrough. If you die everytime, can't adapt to the surprise and just run through the game like a retard hoping that at one point you'll reach the end of the level, that's your fault, not the game's.
Anon. What the fuck do you think Trial-and-Error means? What part of anything he said right there implied anything even remotely resembling "running through the game like a retard hoping..."?
And you can't even manage an argument that ISN'T git gud.
Poor game design has nothing to do with player skill, anon. It's not okay when platformers do it. It's not okay when FPS do it. But it's okay when Dark Souls does?
>>
>>385099858
>No one uses weapon arts
Have you even played the game? A lot of weapons are used BECAUSE of their weapon arts and what it brings to the table.
>and all combat has been watered down to R1 mashing
Then we must have not played the same game, I don't know what to tell you. I almost never see the same build or the same playstyle, and almost noone mashes R1 because it's extremely easy to punish by MANY weapons, because once again, it's balanced well.
>players will roll through everything
Once again, this is where a lot of weapon arts and weapon types come into play. It's easy to punish roll spam, and since everything is so tight and accurate, it's also easy to hit someone even tho he's rolling by readjusting your hits midmovement. Not to mention weapons have different ranges.
>and nothing has poise.
Poise doesn't work like in DaS. But poise and hyperarmor DO work, both for pve and pvp. As a simple exemple, the heavier the weapon, the harder it is to stagger you and the easier it is to stagger enemies. Some weapons are strong exactly because of their huge poise values that allow you to tank hits would swinging for huge amounts of damage. Poise is what makes not very good weapons like smough's hammer pretty nice for pvp, because now you're unstaggerable and can jump all over the place with your smash weapon art and tank in 1v3.
>>
>>385092093
Holy shit you have been here a long time haven't you?
It's truly sad whenever one dedicates their life to being ironic and browsing this god forsaken website.
You truly have been lost to the meme kiddo
>>
>>385100008
>that you don't even have time to roll out of if you fall for the cardinal sin of swinging more than once at an enemy that not only looks like they'll be stunned on hit, but look exactly like enemies that don't do this.
First, you always have time to roll out, if you were greedy and hit the enemy when you were supposed to back, it's your fault, not the game's.
>looks like they'll be stunned on hit, but look exactly like enemies that don't do this.
Funny, one of the things I liked the most on my first playthrough is that it's extremely easy to tell how many attacks of what weapon will stagger an enemy. Just look at his size and armor and you'll know. In general, huge slow weapons deal tons of damage and can stagger even bosses while a shitty little sword can't stagger a knight in armor. Some bosses because pathetically easy because it's easy to stagger them. And it just makes sense, big weapon=more stagger.
>>
>>385100371
>Escaping from reality: the post
>>
>>385100371
can't tell if this is some seriously dedicated shitposting or a very sad level of delusion
you keep enjoying that game buddy dont let anyone take that away from you
>>
>>385100593
What do you not fucking understand about not being able to tell that some of the swamp cat assholes will jump straight into the air without warning after you hit them and will land on you for ridiculous damage before you can roll out until they actually do it? It's basically the same as random hollows at the start of the game having a chance to power through your attack and oneshot you.
>>
>>385100170
>it has to be an RPG.
But why? Some games are pure RPG, others are action RPG. Nothing wrong with that, more choices.
>What the fuck do you think Trial-and-Error means?
Something you don't know apparently, because DaS 3 isn't trial and error. DeS MIGHT be considered trial and error AT SOME POINTS. The game is designed to be doable from the first time. If you died it's because you didn't pay enough attention, simple as that.
>oh I got ambushed by 43534 thralls before cathedral of the deep, TRIAL AND ERROR
Or you could have just looked at the walls and see them, this applies to everything in the game. Got rekt by some arrows? Should have seen the trap. Got swarmed by enemies? Maybe you shouldn't have sprinted to the end of the area.
>you can't even manage an argument that ISN'T git gud.
I never said that and never used this shit argument. I just said that 99.99% of the time, if you die, it's because YOU failed, YOU didn't pay enough attention, YOU got greedy. That's the good things with those games. They are not hard, they are punishing.

Show me a single part of the game that's actual trial and error. As in, impossible to do without dying at least once. I'll wait.
>>
>Souls thread
Replies 92
Posters 39
>>
>>385100595
not an argument :^)
>>385100653
not an argument either :^)
And don't worry, I'll keep enjoying the game, both pve and pvp, while you desperately sperg out on anonymous image boards because your favorite souls game is worse than DaS3 in every possible way.
>>
>>385100796
>What do you not fucking understand about not being able to tell that some of the swamp cat assholes will jump straight into the air without warning after you hit them and will land on you for ridiculous damage before you can roll out until they actually do it?

Simple. I got hit once by them because I got greedy. Then I simply saw when the cat would jump in the air, and from that moment, I never got hit again by them and now I know when they'll jump. Just like after getting shield bashed once by lothric knights and cathedral knight you know how to deal with them and not get hit again. When you know an enemy will do something, react accordingly, don't just stand there and complain you have to pay attention and dodge instead of spamming r1 like in previous games
>>
The world design choices are baffling
Why do we start at the High Wall instead of undead settlement and work our way down into the world instead of being able to see Lothric above and work up to it? Why is Firelink cut off from the rest of the world and requiring warping there and back? Why is the layout of the levels so linear with the only divergence being at the road of sacrifice?
>>
>>385100942
>Show me a single part of the game that's actual trial and error.
Sure. Wolnir is trial and error since the vast majority of players will die to him walking forward since they won't know to run with him.
>As in, impossible to do without dying at least once.
Get fucked, trial and error doesn't mean it's guaranteed to kill you because under that retarded definition Seath in DS1 is trial and error, it means the player is punished for something they can't foresee.
>>
>>385101224
>I got hit once by them because I got greedy.
No, you got hit by them because the game was telling you that keeping on the offensive was the correct move and then it fucked you without warning. Hurr durr hit and run against unarmored humanoids is a riskier strategy than following through on your attacks and you goddamn know it.
>>
Felt strongly lacking in originality, and too many bosses had nothing going from them apart from presentation. The level design was good, but it's not as fun to replay as the first game, which had its flaws, but never really a slog apart from Lost Izalith.
>>
>>385101291
>Wolnir is trial and error since the vast majority of players will die to him walking forward since they won't know to run with him.
This just shows the vast majority of players are retarded. When you enter the boss room, you run to grab the item, at the same time you see Wolnir and you instantly back off. And even if you don't back off and try to hit him, you'll notice the poison deals a shitton of damage, and you'll back off. Not a good exemple anon.
> Seath in DS1 is trial and error,
Not exactly, because you HAVE TO die the first time. You CANNOT beat Seath the first time you see him. This doesn't count as a player death, since you have to die in order to continue the game.
>Get fucked, trial and error doesn't mean it's guaranteed to kill you
Then what does it mean? Trial and error implies that errors will be committed, and trial implies you tried more than once, and you try more than once if you die, because of error. Dude pls.
>>
Weapon arts could have been a great addition to the combat but the flaw in their implementation is that pure physical builds never want to increase their attunement which means they have yet another fluff stat to pump up if they want to use WAs, this compounds the problem of there being too many extra stats like vitality and luck for builds to properly work
Also it's clear they had to rush the WA system as most of the base game WAs are shared among weapon classes, the DLC weapons have their own unique WAs and the mechanic begins to shine because of it
If they had approached vanilla weapon design as they did for the DLC the whole system would have felt much tighter and better designed
>>
>>385101403
>and then it fucked you without warning.
So you're literally complaining because the game throws new mechanics and challenges at you. Are you also complaining because bosses can delay their attacks to bait you into rolling then reking your ass?

I play the game, see cat enemy, hit him once, see he instantly jumps in the air and removes 3/4 of my health bar, I back off, heal myself, and from this point, I know that I'll have to roll after my hit, or use a gigantic weapon that'll stagger him. New things like that are exactly what makes the game fun, because you always have to be on edge.

Like the carthus skeletons in the catacombs, you'll fight them then suddenly he'll start flying all over the place while throwing dagger at you. Once you know he can do that, you approach him differently and never get hit again.

Lothric knight? You think you can simply circle around him and backstab him like in DaS, but no, he shield bashes you. Now that you know he can shield bash you, you fight him differently.
>>
>>385101691
>at the same time you see Wolnir and you instantly back off.
You can't back off against Wolnir you have to get in and smash his bracelets. Backing off doesn't teach the player about his bracelets or the lethality of the gas so eventually he'll walk forward and they'll no longer be backed off.
>even if you don't back off and try to hit him, you'll notice the poison deals a shitton of damage
If you're already in the gas taking damage and he crawls you're dead. There is no way to outrun this only to die and make sure you aren't in the gas next time.
>It's not trial and error unless you have to die the first time
>Seath doesn't count though because you have to die
Hurr.
>Then what does it mean?
I already explained what it meant at the end of my post fagtard.
>>
>>385101965
>Also it's clear they had to rush the WA system as most of the base game WAs are shared among weapon classes,
Easily 3/4 of the weapons have a unique weapon art, even in vanilla. Yes, some weapons have the same weapon art, but they are the exception, like many daggers allowing you dash or big weapons increasing poise. And MOST of the weapon arts just feel fantastic to use and are extremely pleasant to see destroy enemies. I did an entire playthrough with the spiked hammer from the "cleanse the bastard's curse" ladies just because it was a joy to swing it around.

But you can't possibly expect EVERY SINGLE weapon to have its own weapon art, having a few identical WA isn't a problem. And that's without mentionning the fact that a shitton of weapon arts combo into r1/r2.
>>
File: and_fBZrpJUP.jpg (2MB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
and_fBZrpJUP.jpg
2MB, 1440x2560px
>>385089523
I think this game is exactly the sequel we needed. It was a good send off to a phenomenal franchise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=El3ARM2jXlU
>>
>>385101978
Wow, what a coincidence, you named three of the worst enemies in the game and are jacking off over exactly what makes them annoying.

And yes, bosses spamming roll catches to counter the roll spam the developers unnecessarily introduced to make the game faster is shit. Combined with all of the attacks that take all of 2 frames to hit you, it's the worst thing about DS3 hands down.
>>
>>385102104
>Backing off doesn't teach the player about his bracelets
Do you really need someone to teach you about his bracelets? 3 glowing things in a dark area? Weak spots have been a thing in literally every game and movie ever.
>eventually he'll walk forward and they'll no longer be backed off.
He never reached the top of the boss room when I played, even the first time. He falls a bit when you break a bracelet. I don't know a single person who died on Wolnir.
>There is no way to outrun this only to die
Then how was I able to outrun it and don't die? And I doubt I was the only person who stayed alive. Again, it's not the game's fault if the players are retarded.
>It's not trial and error unless you have to die the first time
>Seath doesn't count though because you have to die
>Hurr.
Prentending to be retarded. You know perfectly well you have to die in order to progress in the game, so it's not the player's fault, that's the storyline. Seath would have trial and error if there was a way to kill him the first time but it was extremely hard and you had to die in order to figure out the solution and retry it. You know, you commit errors forcing you to try again, trial and error.
>>
>>385102303
oh my god that is so cringy
>>
All dark souls games are pure shit. I'm almost done DS1 and I can't wait to be finished so I never have to touch these pieces of shit ever again. The whole universe is 2edgy4me, there's no real cohesive story just a bunch of random bullshit tooltips on items. Hit boxes are shit, the AI is garbage and the environment is always just a bunch of depressing derelict shit. Each area is more cancerous and annoying than the last, it's like the whole game was designed from the ground up to do nothing but inflict pain and misery on the people who play it. I can't actually name a single time I enjoyed playing this fucking game. Nobody who plays DS games is mentally healthy. It's like being a battered wife with Stockholm syndrome when it comes to these games.
>>
>>385102625
>you named three of the worst enemies in the game
Why are they the worst tho? Because they don't just stand still and wait for you to backstab them like in DaS? Because it forces you to find new ways to beat them? That's exactly what makes them good, and what DaS is lacking. Are you telling me lothric knights would have been better without the shield bash, or their charge?

I bet you didn't like the darkwraiths either, right? Because now they offer a challenge and can destroy your ass if you're not reactive, instead of being like the DW of DaS that were as dangerous as a rat.
>to make the game faster
You can roll spam because shields aren't OP anymore and you can't tank 10 boss hits while standing still. In the end, it's souls gameplay but with the more visceral approach of BB. It's way more intense and fluid that way. You can still use shields, and they are great, just don't expect to tank everything effortlessly.

And as I said earlier, after BB, there was no way they got back to the old and slow perma shield approach that was so OP in DaS. Hell, after playing BB, DaS, DeS and DaS2 are unplayable.
>>
>>385089523
World design is shit thus zero replayability
Build variety is shit too, only longswords are valuable
No poise
Armor is boring
No powerstance
Only few of the bosses are good, the rest are gimmicky bullshit
Lore is just one big reference to DS1 and Demon Souls
Overall has few really good bosses and good level design, but that is not enough to be better than DS2
>>
>>385089523
1.) The linearity of the game
2.) Too many bonfires
3.) Multiple gimmick bosses
4.) Lots of the upgrade materials are at endgame which locks out a significant number of builds for 90% of the game
5.) Too many references to previous games, instead of creating a new experience it relies on how you felt about previous games

I like Darksouls, and I enjoyed DaS3, but it was no masterpiece. It only was as good as it was because they got some inspiration while making bloodborne.
>>
>>385101978
Really the core problem with the Ghru enemy and a lot of other enemies is that the game can't decide on rules for poise that are consistent and visually logical for the player.
Whether an enemy has idle poise (Like Darkwraiths and unlike various knight enemies), whether an enemy has poise hyperarmor on various attacks, whether an enemy can use an attack out of their stagger and which stagger animation is the real stagger animation aren't things the player can deduce without trial and error on a per enemy and often per attack basis because they rarely correlate to any particular general cues.
Finding the right moment to shield kick a lot of enemies was also frustrating because a kick doesn't stagger enemies for any proper length of time if they go into an attack animation from their shielding animation.

>>385102303
It was a pretty bad sendoff because it's just a passable game all things considered. It's like ending a multiple course meal of varying quality with some white bread.
>>
>>385102875
That's because DaS is the worst. Play BB and DaS3, hitboxes are flawless, AI is great, environments are fantastic and they aren't designed "to inflict pain and misery", they are actually well designed, fun and fair games.

I had to force myself to finish DaS, but I finished the other games countless times.
>>
>>385103301
>environments are fantastic
>das3
>>
>>385094027
>In das3 spellcasters are worthless if they can't fight melee against bosses
Now, I pretty much agree with everything else, but that's just a blatant lie. You do have to do certain things to make it work though like split your estus equally between mana and hp, rely on all the spellcasting schools tied to your stat instead of just the main one (like sorc/fire/dark for INT, mir/fire/dark for FTH). You also have to really rely on the Heavy version of Soul Arrow early on coupled with the staff WA.
>>
>>385103143
It's not more intense and fluid, it's annoying as fuck because it's a wannabe BB without even half of the reasons BB works that's stuck with swing times straight out of DaS 1. I fucking hate it and you'll never convince me that I'm wrong.
>>
File: oceiros.jpg (142KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
oceiros.jpg
142KB, 1920x1080px
>>385103301
>DaS3, hitboxes are flawless
>>
>>385098691
You spend more levels to make pyro overpowered though. People keep talking about how you need 60 int for sorc, but 40 int / 40 fth for pyro. Considering all your stats start logically at 10, you need 50 lvl investment for sorc while you need 60 lvl investment for pyro.
>>
>>385103645
Pyro is stronger than sorcery at every equal level of investment and is stronger than sorcerors who are investing more. 30/30 Pyro is hands down stronger than a 50 INT Sorc.
>>
>>385103146
>World design is shit thus zero replayability
World design is the only thing that makes a game replayable for you? Wut? Not the weapons? The gameplay? The bosses? The areas?
>Build variety is shit too, only longswords are valuable
This was an outdated meme even at release. It's the game with the most viable builds after DaS2, literally every weapon is viable and fun and thanks to WA, most of them feel unique. Every time I play multiplayer I see only different builds, and nobody had used a straight sword in over a year.
>No poise
It's called hyperarmour and it does what it's supposed to do, prevent staggering while attacking. Hyperarmour>memeshit poise
>Armor is boring
What does that even mean? How can an armor be "boring"?
>No powerstance
True, but weapon arts. In the end WA>powerstance
>Only few of the bosses are good, the rest are gimmicky bullshit
it's the soulsborne game with the most good bosses, and even the shit gimmicky ones are better than most DaS bosses.
>Lore is just one big reference to DS1 and Demon Souls
And DaS2 and BB. What's wrong with that? People complained that DaS2 is too different and isn't like DaS, and now they complain that DaS3 is too similar. And is it bad for a sequel to reference the past games? Especially considering the game does offer more than enough on its own, and lets you revisit an reexperience things you liked in a previous game. The game IS fanservice, it's literally a love letter to From fans, and there's nothing wrong with that.
>Overall has few really good bosses and good level design, but that is not enough to be better than DS2
Again, biggest amount of good bosses, and I'm sorry but level design is BY FAR the best in all soulsborne games. Unless you meant WORLD design, in which case yes, it's shit, individual level design obliterates everything has done so far, undead settlement, archdragon peak, cathedral of the deep and lothric's castle are the epitome of Miyazaki's talent.
>>
>>385089523

Mostly a rehash. Replaced really good stuff like power stances with stupid shit. Multiplayer is fucked.
>>
>>385093083
>frigid outskirts
>proper anything
>>
>>385103380
yes anon, both visually and in terms of level design. Lothric's wall/castle, undead settlement, Cotd, archdragon peak, irithyll, profaned capital, grand archive, painted world, all of TRC, literally flawless.
>>385103512
Worked on my machine. Never died to Oceiros no matter what level, weapon and upgrades. Stay under him, he can't hit you, and know that if he stops moving for a second, he'll do a 360 and hit you with his tail. Ez life.
>>
File: bait of babylon.jpg (69KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
bait of babylon.jpg
69KB, 625x626px
>>385104032
>Stay under him, he can't hit you
>>
>>385104092
Well, he thinks that dark souls 3 environments aren't garbage too
Perhaps he living in the alternative universe
>>
>>385093083
That whole DLC was pure shit except for the final boss.
Are you serious? Art design was fantastic, level design was god tier, soundtracks were cool as fuck, lore was great, weapons were great (Valorheart has a kino moveset), and Friede is one of the best bosses From has made so far, Maria on steroids, and cuter.

Only issues are that it's a bit short and the second boss is shit.
>>
>>385103752
Not really, regular Soul Spear is about as powerful as Chaos Bed Vestige on many enemies for similar rings, similar fp cost and 40 int 10fth.
>>
>>385104092
Dude, his hitboxes are like Sif's. he can hit you with his staff when you're in front of him, but he can't hit you when you're under him. So he'll jump back, and you can repeat the process.

>>385104190
And what makes you say that DaS3 environments are shit? It's funny because that's the one thing even diehard das3 haters agree it's fantastic.

They traded the great world design and meh level design of DaS for a shit world design and a fantastic level design. Are you really telling me undead settlement, cotd, lothric's castle and archdragon peak aren't by far the coolest areas to explore in all soulsborne games? The amount of hidden places, the glorious shortcuts, the verticality.
>>
>>385104357
It also has a much longer cast time and is borderline useless against multiple bosses. Can't say that about pyro.
>>
>>385104402
>Are you really telling me undead settlement, cotd, lothric's castle and archdragon peak aren't by far the coolest areas to explore in all soulsborne games?
That's exactly what I'm telling you. They were worse than almost everything in DeS and I would immediately pick Painted World over every single one of them.
>>
>>385103793
>World design is the only thing that makes a game replayable for you? Wut? Not the weapons? The gameplay? The bosses? The areas?
I don't think you quite realize how simplistic the combat in these games are. If the areas and world can't bother playing AROUND these elements and only rely on the simplistic gameplay, then it just sucks (see Irithyll).
>>
>>385104487
And pyro is also useless on multiple bosses. The key to success in DaS3 is to use more than one school of spells.
>>
>>385104402
>the glorious shortcuts, the verticality.
None of these actually make the areas fun though. They're just memes.
>>
I liked the game, but for me souls goes like this Demon's Souls > DS > BB > DS2 > DS3 'cause all the others had replay value and great atmosphere but DS3 had a one-time PvE experience (though it's fun to help friends), shit-tier pvp and suffered from "HEY GUYS REMEMBER DS 1 ?!"
>>
>>385104660
Pyro is 'useless' against Old Demon King if you're too stupid to use Black Fire Orb. It's also useless against Yhorm, which doesn't matter. There's no equivalent to Crystal Sage, Aldrich, and Lothric making sorcery fucking useless compared to a raw weapon and you know it.
>>
>>385104859
Oh right, forgot Deacons of the Deep, another fight where sorcery is a huge liability.
>>
>>385104913
magic is so dull in souls anyways, the only fun ones were the spells for shits a giggles like chameleon or force/wrath of the gods for knocking people off ledges.
>>
>>385103793
>World Design
WD adds to replayability because it adds variety. None of the other elements you've mentioned are conducive to playing the game multiple times at least with the approach taken by DaS3.
>Build variety
Quality is still the best. I'd hardly call the branding iron a viable and fun weapon to use.
>Poise
It doesn't really do the same job nearly as well and just ends up kneecapping enemy design.
>Armor
The implementation of armor is simply boring because most of the benefit by default comes equipping any of it all and there is no point to optimizing for anything but getting under 70% and having a bit of poise.
>Powerstance
Powerstance added a lot more variety than just having a lot of the same WA.
>Bosses
The gimmick ones are definitely worse than most DaS bosses aside from outliers like the Lost Izalith bosses
>Lore
the problem is that it can't do the references well because it doesn't invest the effort into making them seem like anything more than obligation.
>Level Design
DaS1 easily has better level design. CotD has nothing on catacombs.
>>385104032
>Flawless areas
Let's go over some flaws
>Undead Settlement
Archer being friendly towards you is a flag, it doesn't matter who has a branch as long as the host has one, so an invader with a branch still gets fucked. Enemy movement is scripted based on approach rather than a routine.
>CotD
Giants are unaffected by Stormruler. Patches should have been calling to you from across the bridge because the lever he pulls to betray you is on that side.
>Profaned Capital
Profaned Doorstep
>Grand Archive
Only one dark room. Torch goes unused.
>Painted World
You can warp out 0/10, can't even get a basic reference right.
>TRC
Angel stealth sections to cover up how basic the areas are. Can't cut Midir's tail.

>Oceiros
Can't cut off his tail for MLGS. 0/10 literal garbage game.
>>
>>385105073
That's not an argument for making sorcery shit while blatantly overpowering pyro.
>>
>>385104859
Soul of Cinder, King of the Storm, Demon Prince/King, pretty sure Lothric is kinda resistant to fire too.
>>
>>385104539
Wow, ok. I won't try to change your mind anon and I respect your opinions. But could you explain to me why?

For me, when I look at these areas in particular, I see perfections in terms of level design, everything right with From's design choices condensed in those levels. It's almost like all the though that went into making the fantastic world design of the first third of DaS, went into a few select levels of DaS3.

First, the visuals are fantastic and the areas have a very unique and special vibe. And second, from a pure design point of view, it's perfection in its purest form. The lenght (can be rushed very fast when rerolling, but a full exploration takes lots of time, therefore making replayability better) is great, tons of verticality messing with you, up and down then up and down (it gave me chills when I first found the path to Rosaria), shortcuts placement similar to early DaS where you go "oh fuck I came back here", tons of nooks and crannies, especially in undead settlement and lothric's castle, tons of hidden details/armors/weapons/items/lore. I cannot think of a single bad thing about those specific areas.

And I kept finding new things after several playthroughs. Like after the ladder that leads to the old wolf covenant, you can go up on the bridge, and I only recently noticed the little path that leads you to the other side of the gate, to some hollows and titanite. The levels are filled to the brim with cool content.
>>
>>385103146
Dark souls 3 >>> DS2

Soul memory=Trash.

Laggy pvp with mages, so much fun, teleporting weeb spells,

Nerfing all the fun out of the game, mages cried and cried they couldnt spam magic vs avalyn. Avalyn was nerfed into the ground. Bunch of weeb trash mages just want to spam spells, but cant handle when someone else finds a way to beat them with the avalyn.

Worst bosses out of the soul series, all the bosses in DS2 are a joke, the only bosses that are semi hard are Dark Lurker and Fume Knight.

High level pvp-as much as scrubs complain that str weapons are not used in high level play in Dark souls 3, str weapons were also not used as much in tournaments or high level play compared to weapons like the Ice rapier, warped sword, and katanas.

character movement in DS2 is trash.

Im glad DS2 pvp is dead. Dark souls 3 was just better made for pvp.

World and Level Design

Honestly, the design of the individual levels (or at least most of them) and the world as a whole in DS2 is just bad. Where the environments of both Dark souls 1 and Dark souls 3 stayed very consistent as you moved from place to place, the environments of DS2 don’t make any sense. The obvious example, is the elevator at the end of Earthen Peak which takes you to Iron Keep. Apparently all of Harvest Valley is underneath a sea of lava in the clouds… Yeah…DS2's world is a bunch of maps different designers created then pasted together with lifts and what have you. The lack of a unifying design and the garish transitions completely destroyed that world's believability and made it feel very 'gamey', and not at all Souls-like.

Plus, music is a huge selling point to me, and the music in ds3 is the best hands down. Not to mention the epic boss fights (abyss watchers, yhorm, gundyr, Gael, Pontiff Sulyvahn, Dragonslayer Armour, Twin Princes, Nameless King, Soul of Cinder, Friede, Darkeater Midir).
>>
File: 13_03_0837.jpg (547KB, 1300x3979px) Image search: [Google]
13_03_0837.jpg
547KB, 1300x3979px
>>385104190
Is this real or a meme?
>>
>>385089523
levels are boring
rehashed story and characters
too linear
magic is shit
roll spam
weapon arts cost mana instead durability
>>
>>385105432
>>385105324
Notice how no one mentioned dark souls 2 except dark souls 3 fans
Really makes you think
>>
>>385105296
Weak to Dark
Counterbalanced by Nameless King being weak to Fire, plus he's fairly easy even without pyro.
Not resistant to Dark
He isn't.
>>
>>385101042
>>Souls thread
>Replies 92
>Posters 39

Replies 144
Posters 52

Close.

DaS > BB > DaSIII > DeS > DaSII
>>
It has worse fashion than DaS2.
>>
>>385105305
>>385105080
Just some examples. There's some more that's wrong with the levels but the point is that they're hardly perfection.
Aside from Lost Izalith DaS1 can generally match the quality of DaS3 levels or is superior to them.
>>
>>385105080
>WD adds to replayability because it adds variety.
But for me, and other people, even tho it adds variety, there is nothing making you want to replay the game because you remember how everything turns to shit 1/3 in after the second bell, hitboxes are bad, enemy AI and placement is cringe, weapons aren't fun, it's stiff, clunky, and bosses are pretty shit except for Gwyn which is fantastic and Artorias which is pretty nice. While DaS3 may not offer as much variety as in how you approach the game, but everything else is so much better and fun that it makes you want to replay it. I finished DaS3 over 16 times and I'll make another build in an hour.
>Quality is still the best.
Or don't sperg out over what weapon will make you gain 1.5 damage and just have fun. Pick a weapon, whatever weapon, upgrade it, and have fun, you'll see everything works great when you aren't autisticaly theorycrafting everything.
>It doesn't really do the same job nearly as well
Well yeah, it got seriously nerfed because poise was seriously OP. This makes more sense.
>than just having a lot of the same WA.
But 3/4 of the weapons have a unique WA, same WA are the exception.
>DaS1 easily has better level design.
DaS shines in world design until you reach the second bell. Undead burg is fantastic, painting is a masterpiece, but the other areas, even tho good, don't come close to DaS3 areas.
>Profaned Doorstep
Nothing wrong with being short, especially considering irithyll dungeon are a part of it.
>Only one dark room. Torch goes unused.
It's bad because you don't need a torch? Then DaS is also bad.
>Angel stealth sections to cover up how basic the areas are
Or maybe kill the angels and explore? Areas are pretty great
>>
>>385105432
>Why is it so much better than Dark Souls 3?

no
>>
>>385105305
Because part of level design has to do with enemy placement and it's consistently fucking annoying in DS3, the exploration element still isn't as good or as rewarding as DeS, and many areas are far larger than they should be, with Cathedral of the Deep being one of the worst offenders in the whole game.
>>
>>385089523
Because all the roll images for it are bad and I never see anything interesting in them.
>>
>>385105440
>levels are boring
Meaningless buzzword, what does that even mean?
>rehashed story and characters
And it's bad because? The game does plenty of new things on its own, and it's kinda normal for the final game in a loved franchise to reference previous games, especially when it's used to tie the lore together. The game is a love letter to From fans, that's a good thing, not a bad one.
>too linear
le linear is bad meme, neo/v/ at its finest
>magic is shit
Not it's not, it's very strong, both for pve and pvp. It's just not as OP ezmode as it used to be.
>roll spam
As opposed to shield block spam?
>weapon arts cost mana instead durability
And?
>>
>>385105976
I beat DaS3 5 times in a row. Went to play DaS2 immediately afterwards, had more fun with a single gimmick playthrough than I did with the entirety of DaS3. Fuck that game.
>>
File: 1484470764187.jpg (435KB, 1200x2358px) Image search: [Google]
1484470764187.jpg
435KB, 1200x2358px
>>385105324
>>
Best From game: Bloodborne
Worst From game: DS2

truth.
>>
>>385106537
Evergrace and King's Field 3 JP are way worse than DS2.
>>
>>385106131
>enemy placement and it's consistently fucking annoying in DS3
Not gonna try to argue, but are you really saying that enemy placement is better in DaS? With the suicidal painting guardians? The archers on the walls of Anor Londo that make no sense no matter how you look at it and are just there to fuck with you? The 4535456 trillions hollows before the gargoyles? The little flying shits in Blightown that have horrible hitboxes, but can go through walls and shoot through walls? The 3 toxic faggots and fire dogs in Blighttown that are placed there just to kill you?

I've never felt cheated in DaS3, it was fair and coherent. But in DaS I cringed in every new room .

>isn't as good or as rewarding as DeS
Don't you think it's because DeS was your first and DaS3 your last? BB also felt less rewarding than DeS for me, but that's because by the time I played BB, I already knew how to play the games. That's doesn't stop BB from being the best soulsborne game.
>and many areas are far larger than they should be
I think that's a good thing. Because the areas can be rushed extremely fast, but your first playthrough is amazing since you take hours to explores every corner, it gives a true sense of adventure. It's a good approach I think "wanna go fast? well you're gonna miss on the cool stuff. wanna take your time? you're gonna get rewarded". And it helps replayability to know you can finish the game in 2 hours and just take the items you need for your build.
>>
>>385106537
DaS2 or sotfs? Because OBJECTIVELY speaking, sotfs is kinda better than DaS. But DaS is better than vanilla DaS2.

BB=DaS3>>>>>>>>>>>>>sotfs=DaS=DeS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>DaS2
>>
>>385106813
>but are you really saying that enemy placement is better in DaS?
After 500 ambushes by annoying, hard to hit midgets that you can't even fucking see sometimes, the two grave wardens just before you enter the cathedral, and countless other examples of stupid shit, yes. Yes I am.
>Don't you think it's because DeS was your first and DaS3 your last?
No, I don't, because DeS wasn't my first.
>>
>>385106981
But you can see the little midgets hanging on the walls and you can pull them one by one. Even if you miss one or two, you shouldn't be swarmed. If you get swarmed by multiple midgets it's because you went too fast, and in that case yeah, you're fucked.
As for the gravewardens, most of the time you can aggro the first one without the second, and it's not like they are hidden and ambush you, they are in plain sight waiting for you. And they aren't particularly hard to deal with.
>>
>>385099832
>converting gifs to webms with shit colors and framerate and still having a filesize of 2.36mb
Fucking hell man
>>
>>385105976
It doesn't really go to shit after the second bell and everything after that in the sentence is wrong.
>Weapons
Not all weapons are fun though.
>Poise
Well doesn't necessarily mean powerful. Old poise when not rolling around with an overleveled Giant whatever was just better than this, which is isolated to trading hits.
>WA
80 Weapon arts for 225 weapons (With some possible error due to miscount on my side or due to wiki and not counting shields but counting various catalysts) isn't really 3/4. Charge, Stance and some others are just fairly common.
>Second bell
Except a lot of the areas after that are still fantastic even if you don't do them out of order. Anor Londo is definitely better than what DaS3 has to offer as its Anor Londo.
>Profaned Capital
It still just stops. Irithyll dungeon is its own area and its own set of complaints.
>No torch
Except that DaS1 technically has the Tomb of Giants as its dark area even if it doesn't technically have a torch. DaS3 could have had a dark area and a library full of books with only a tenuous layer of wax shielding you from the horrors within could have been it.
>Angels
The areas are still fairly basic though once you kill the angels.

>>385106813
Enemies only going on their walking patterns once you get close enough (but not after you aggro them) wasn't exactly fair and coherent.
>>
>>385094071
Unless you're a reddit babby who played DS3 as your first souls game DS3 is a joke.
>>
File: 1471462029788.jpg (26KB, 481x291px) Image search: [Google]
1471462029788.jpg
26KB, 481x291px
zero replayability
>>
>>385105080
>You can warp out 0/10, can't even get a basic reference right.
Oh fuck off. Painted world of Ariamis was a mid-game area where you'd be able to handle it and you didn't even have to fight the boss to get out. You get to the painted world of Ariandel at level ~30 and would be absolutely fucked if you had to beat two bosses and massive areas intended for higher leveled players to get back to the main areas. Not to mention that leveling is locked to the firekeeper instead of the bonfire.
>>
>>385097969
Blind.
>>
>>385107780
You wouldn't have to fight a boss to warp out of the painted world of Ariandel either.
Friede also gives you the option to get out before a fight happens, she just fucks it up by having it be the bonfire rather than anything else.
>Not to mention that leveling is locked to the firekeeper instead of the bonfire.
Also a bad thing. Firekeeper leveling and centralized everything is shit.
>>
>>385106705
Since you've played other From games, which is the best King's field?
>>
Level design looks like random generation. "combat mechanics"=roll roll roll roll roll roll roll
>>
>>385108084
2 > The Ancient City > 1 >>>>> 3

But that's only if you can actually stomach early 3D with very low FPS. The Ancient City is better than 2 if you can't put up with it.
>>
>>385107523
>Well doesn't necessarily mean powerful.
Well yeah, if you're comparing it to DaS, then yeah, poise isn't powerful at all in DaS3. But it was completely OP godmod in DaS, that's why they changed it. I'm not saying it's better or worse, just different. I prefer the new approach.
>80 Weapon arts for 225 weapons
Weapons with same WA are the ones that are so similar visually you couldn't tell the difference between the two. Unique looking weapons have unique WA, 80 is quite a lot.
>Charge, Stance and some others are just fairly common.
True, but don't forget a lot of those can combo into DIFFERENT r1/r2. Some can combo multiple times, and some can even combo into r1/r2 then combo back again into WA.
Like stance, it's just a stance, but it can combo into the attack that launches the enemy in the air, or into a leap attack for exemple.
>Anor Londo is definitely better than what DaS3 has to offer as its Anor Londo.
This is correct. They used the area to show what happened to Anor Londo with the giant dead, the deep corrupting everything, and aldritch eating trapboi, aswell as establish the link between Anor Londo, Sully, Yorshka and the pleb living in Irithyll.
>The areas are still fairly basic though once you kill the angels.
It's not a huge impossible to solve maze, but it does the job fine. Verticality, shortcuts, design, and still lots of tiny places to find.
>>
>>385107647
Not him but every soulsborne game is a joke. I started with DaS and it was the easiest. DaS3 is objectively the "hardest" because it forces you to approach the game differently, now that you can finish the game with your shield raised, or how enemies eat like a truck, can delay their attacks to bait you into rolling, have way more different attacks, better AI, are more aggressive, faster. Enemies like the darkrwaiths which were a complete joke in DaS, as dangerous as a rat, finally feel dangerous and deadly. "ow you didn't pay attention for half a second? Well too bad, the darkwraith combo'd you into oblivion". No more slowly circling enemies that stay still, now you're gonna get shieldbashed than stabs for 3/4 of your health.
>>
>>385108182
>Level design looks like random generation.
Only true for demon ruins.
>"combat mechanics"=roll roll roll roll roll roll roll
As opposed to shield block shield block shield block?
>>
>>385108556
>or how enemies eat like a truck
>eat like a truck
wut
>>
>>385108689
Wow sorry, I'm higher than expected. I meant "hit like a truck".
>inb4 dude weed lmao
weed is for niggers
>>
>>385089523
-Local environment design is less interesting mechanically than Dark Souls I or Bloodborne.
-The poise system and everything about it.
-Good features from 1, 2, and Bloodborne, which wouldn't feel out of place, are nowhere to be found.
-Bringing back the mana bar from Demon's Souls was in my opinion a bad idea. Mana bars are too damn tweaky.
-Conceptually it feels redundant, largely a rehash of what the first game was about. They'd already depicted a world in the final stages of dying - the logical next step is a world getting started.
-The lack of spatial continuity and the return of the hub systems speak to a design process less unified than Dark Souls 1. It turns out a lot of features people loved about DaS1 were flukes or one-offs, but unfortunately From didn't realize they'd accidentally done something worth doing again.
>>
File: IMG_1381.jpg (112KB, 605x605px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1381.jpg
112KB, 605x605px
gave up cuz I couldnt beat Nameless King solo

i can beat every boss, including DLC, solo in Bloodborne, but for some reason the bosses in this game seem 10 times harder
>>
>>385105912
Well guess what, sorceries have dark spells too.
>>
>>385105324
>Plus, music is a huge selling point to me, and the music in ds3 is the best hands down. Not to mention the epic boss fights (abyss watchers, yhorm, gundyr, Gael, Pontiff Sulyvahn, Dragonslayer Armour, Twin Princes, Nameless King, Soul of Cinder, Friede, Darkeater Midir).
Couldn't you be any more Reddit?
>>
>>385098840
>be amazed at how god tier is undead burg

The undead burg is fucking shit. I dread every single replay because it's a chore to play through that shithole and undead parish again.
>>
>>385089523
It's not bloodborne or dark souls 1
>>
>>385099369
Dark Souls 2 is shit. It doesn't have anything to do with how Dark Souls III is shit, it's just that DS2 is easily the worst game in the series. Learn to deal with it already ya cuckold.
>>
>>385089523
terrible fashion
>>
>>385109749
>Local environment design
Strange, the one thing even diehard DaS3 haters agree on is that level design wise DaS is completely obliterating previous games.
>The poise system
What does that even mean?
>Good features from 1, 2, and Bloodborne are nowhere to be found.
Such as? DaS doesn't do a single thing better than DaS3. DaS2 has powerstancing but DaS3 has WA. As for Bloodborne, they took the faster and more visceral combat and put it in DaS3 and the result is best of both worlds.
>Bringing back the mana bar from Demon's
You have a health bar, a mana bar, and estus flasks that can regen both your health and mana, what's wrong?
>it feels redundant, largely a rehash of what the first game was
This is because people complained about DaS2 being too different from DaS and said they wanted DaS3 to be DaS 2.0. Also because it's the final game in the series, instead of doing unrelated stuff, why not tie all the soulsborne games together, while reexploring fan favorite areas and still introducing many new lore concepts and ideas. The game is a love letter to From fans, literally what people wanted, DaS on steroids, fan service in its purest form.
>They'd already depicted a world in the final stages of dying
No, in DaS the fire was fading. But it's no way near what happens in DaS3, where the fire is so weak it literally starts pulling distant kingdoms like a blackhole.
>the logical next step is a world getting started.
World getting started=age of ancients, and it's shown in DaS3. Did you never notice how there's a grey color filter EXCEPT in archdragon peak, and people are turning into dragons all over the place?
>design process less unified than Dark Souls 1
In DaS they focused on world design, and in the end, world design is good for 1/3 of the game, few levels are really good, and bosses are shit, AI is shit, gameplay is shit, it's clunky and unfinished. In DaS3 they said fuck world design, let's do what really matters, gameplay, bosses, levels, weapons.
>>
>>385112436
How exactly? Are you talking about DaS2 or sotfs.
Because OBJECTIVELY speaking, sotfs is kinda better than DaS in almost every way. But if you're talking vanilla then yeah, DaS2 is shit.
>>
File: 1477538659256.jpg (9KB, 249x200px) Image search: [Google]
1477538659256.jpg
9KB, 249x200px
>>385092093
>anon talks purely in memes and bait
>refuses to have a genuine discussion on the game or even reveal his real opinions
Very postmodern of you, anon.
>>
>World is too linear, very little methods of mixing up replays compared to dark souls 1 and even demons souls.
>The hyper armor based poise system is objectively inferior to the way poise worked in ds2. I shouldnt be able to get stunlocked by a tiny little dagger in full havels
>Too many weapons that are basically useless or borderline identical to others
>The weapons are extremely unbalanced in pvp, Straight swords and curved swords beat everything else when played correctly
>Dodge rolls and basic r1s consume too little stamina resulting in spammy braindead gameplay when you can stunlock most enemies to death off of one hit and spam rolls when you are in danger
>Story and characters are mostly retreads of previous games
>Powerstancing is replaced with the inferior weapon arts system and true dual wielding was cut for no good reason forcing you to use specific weapons if you want to dual wield instead of giving you creative freedom
>The game has like six fucking swamps for some fucking reason and half of them are poisoned
>Sorcery faith and pyro builds are severely inferior to melee builds in the early and mid game due to needing more stat investments and more rings. And even then in pvp they are never that good with the exception of lightning arrow.
>Invasions prioritizing worlds with phantoms is a terrible idea that makes invading much shittier than in previous games
>>
>>385113060
>Environment design
DaS1 and even the disjointed DaS2 generally have more varied environment design.
>Poise system
It means that hyperarmor was a bad idea. If combat isn't designed from the ground up with poise in mind the enemies suffer because they can't ever be assumed to be capable of just eating a hit.
>Good features
Tail cutting as well as a lot of miscellaneous features that would probably need an entire post of their own. WA also doesn't have anything on powerstancing and proper left handed weapons.
>mana bar
It means that magic is gimped harder than under the Vancian system of the previous games. It also means that the one thing that makes Farron Keep tolerable in any way just isn't available to sorcerors.
>Rehash
If it were a love letter there would be attention to detail in the references but these are just sloppy. When Andre is presented to you right at the start and then you can't have a proper pugilist's match then what even is the point? Fan service shouldn't blueball the one being serviced.
>Dying world
Still already done before regardless of the degree.
>World starting
Everything is grey because everything is grey.
>Design process
Way more than 1/3 of the game is good, the bosses are good what are you talking about, the AI is more or less the same as always, clunkiness is subjective and DaS3 doesn't give off a particularly finished vibe either. A small selection of bosses are good, nevermind the gameplay, levels and weapons that really aren't significantly better or that don't matter more than the world you explore.
>>
>>385089523

Currently working my way through 3 and finding it to be a boring, annoying and charmless slog. The level design and enemies are designed to "gotcha" moments, rather than fun or challenging.

I sure hope they don't make another. This is as far from the excellence of the first game as it's possible to get
>>
>>385115518
>Currently working my way through 3 and finding it to be a boring, annoying and charmless slog. The level design and enemies are designed to "gotcha" moments, rather than fun or challenging.
This thread about 3, not 2
>>
>>385116690

I dunno man. Maybe 3 gets a lot better, but i'm around the profaned capital, and i'm getting the same sinking feeling I got when playing 2. Like I say, it's become a slog.
>>
>>385116690
> from the excellence of the first game
There is literally nothing excellent in the first game, everything is done better in the sequels.
Thread posts: 195
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.