[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I like fighting games in theory, but trying Skullgirls recently

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: valentine.png (214KB, 447x617px)
valentine.png
214KB, 447x617px
I like fighting games in theory, but trying Skullgirls recently reminded me why I only play low skill floor fighters like Smash Bros and Pocket Rumble. Know of any good fighting games that scrubs like me can play?
>>
>>385079549
Skullgirls doesn't have a high barrier as afighting game. I guess you can try Rising Thunder or SFV if you have low skill level
>>
>>385079785
Where can I get me some Rising Thunder?
>>
>>385080724
Rising thunder is not being developed anymore, so pocket rumble, sf5 and fantasy strike are the only options right now.

The new marvel and dbz game also look beginner friendly.

Skullgirls was also a terrible way to start into the genre.
>>
File: 1500684011936m.jpg (136KB, 1024x784px) Image search: [Google]
1500684011936m.jpg
136KB, 1024x784px
>>385079549
Get sfv, if you want something quick to learn and play. I'm not gonna lie it's not that fun after compared to other fighters but it's definitely the easiest to learn.

Afterwards just move onto other fighter like guilty gear, Tekken or kof if you enjoy them.
>>
>>385080946
>>385081115

the fuck I thought skullgirls was waaaaaaay easier for beginners than sf5

skullgirls is probably the easiest fighter to start with thats not some party thing like smash

t. shitty no skill player
>>
>>385079549
Just do the tutorials nigger.

Skullgirls was literally the first fighting game I ever played seriously (As in I've played others, but only in casual settings with my friends where all I did was button mash and never touched the games again) but within a few hours of practicing skulllgirls and following the lessons in the tutorials I actually learned the basics of fighting games, how to do motions and shit, and can do most of the lessons except the most advanced ones that involve like 10 attack long combos.
>>
>>385082465
It could be, I haven't played it with anyone online since it's mostly dead, from what I saw it is a easy game to get into. But sfv is still pretty easy, but if your serious about fighting games I would recommend guilty gear because it has a amazing tutorial.
>>
>>385082465
Either they played online and don't know what to do or they did not try the tutorial. It's like >>385082719 said, it has a pretty great tutorial and there are many resources, like tons, where you need to improve on a specific thing
>>
>>385079549
Skullgirls has baby inputs, baby combos, a good tutorial, good netcode, good training mode, online training mode, fast 1v1 rematches, on sale a lot, attracts a lot of waifushitters, several weekly/monthly online tournaments, major tournaments, a discord with helpful people and it's old so there's tons of resources which is why people recommend it to beginners to the genre.
>>
>>385083817
I forgot to add replays
>>
File: 1500868510138.jpg (38KB, 600x652px) Image search: [Google]
1500868510138.jpg
38KB, 600x652px
As man, I'm pretty hyped for pocket rumble on switch. Anyone know when it's coming out?
>>
>>385083817
Skullgirls is getting hit once and then eating a 10 second combo into a throw reset loop into another 10 second combo, repeat three times.
>>
>>385084202
>throw reset
>repeat three times.
this doesn't kill anything and you get out of this if you guess right

throw resets are shit. everyone up backs and then you get fucked by a falling normal if did it in a corner
>>
Try some random stuff on Fightcade
>>
>>385079549
Spend more time on fighting games and less time browsing /v/
Time being wasted should be spent practicing instead. It will pay off.
>>
if you have a switch, Pokken DX is an option.

It's very accessable without actually being casualized, and since it's pokemon there are tons of people who play it who aren't seasoned FGC people that can make learning the game easier.
>>
>>385079549
if you can't beat waifufags, there's no hope for you
>>
File: call fire department.jpg (310KB, 549x870px) Image search: [Google]
call fire department.jpg
310KB, 549x870px
>>385089927
The more pictures of your waifu you have saved, the more powerful you become.
Some of these autists are impossible to defeat.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.