[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how the fuck do you beat this on ace difficulty ace combat

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

how the fuck do you beat this on ace difficulty

ace combat thread I guess
>>
>>385078365
Just fly in circles and use qaams lmao
>>
>>385078550
I can't hit shit even with qaam, feels like the can do 360 720 backflips.

doesn't help there's a million missiles always on your 6
>>
>>385078365
>get custom plane of choice
>get triple vectorial nozzle among other manuver upgrades
>do circles at full thrust to avoid missiles on your 6
>randomly change between clock and counter clock wise, and keeping triangle pressed you lock the camera on target and you just find the moment
You can do the same with the s32 (su47 variant), the AI is not as complex as zero, when they can fuck you up even doing that sometimes.
>>
>>385079989
how do you score missile hits? front on works about half the time and it feels really fucking hard to get a lock on behind since everything keeps turning
>>
>>385080258
Follow the AI pattern, they mostly do the same cycle and has the same reactions to what you do, exept the fenrir, but he also have a pattern too.
There is a point when you go doing full thrust circles trying to be able to lock on, when the enemy plane decides to abandon it and go straight in any direction for like 4 seconds at full thrust before starting to do hard manouvers again and slow down.
In zero, this where they fucked you up, because as soon as that plane you were following goes out of the circle, there was at least 2 other planes waiting for you both in your front and back to try to hit you, this dosent happen in X.
I also recomend to play in the cockpit view with the coffin cockpit planes, since you have way better visibility in general asides from the upgrades posibilities.
>>
>>385081034
alright then I'll see when that pattern happens, I mostly played in 3rd person since cockpit felt very limited in sight

the fenrirs are a bunch of assholes and the reason why I cant get past mission 15B
>>
>>385081264
Remember that the game is aware of what you are targetting and adapts the entire enemy formation based on that, so if you have 1 plane selected and follow it all the time it will cost you more than randomly change between them, same as randomly smash the brakes and then full power again, with luck some planes will pass you, and they will be at shotgun range.
As for missile selection in this situtations >>385078550 he is right.
All the other long range missiles are for head on playstyles, but in that case you need mig31 levels of power or more, in that case going upside down confuses the AI and makes head on attacks more easy, in that case, radar guided missiles are the best arround for long range.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.