[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So after playing Metroid Zero Mission on emulator I decided to

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 56279-Metroid_(USA)-3.jpg (28KB, 400x567px) Image search: [Google]
56279-Metroid_(USA)-3.jpg
28KB, 400x567px
So after playing Metroid Zero Mission on emulator I decided to pick up the original Metroid today (found it at a brick n mortar store) and this game is hard as nails.

Any tips for places where I can grind health and the likes?

Starting at 30 life after you die just slows the game down as a whole and definitely makes me appreciate the changes made in Zero Mission.

Metroid Thread!
>>
theres pipes that infinitely spawn helmet things you can farm for ammo/health

Id also recommend playing this instead. http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/1186/

The games really fun, but if you die at a certain part, you have to farm back from just 30 health and it sucks ass
>>
Just go find one of those pipes that spits bugs out infinitely and have at it. Probably the best way to fill your health up besides finding an energy tank.
>>
>>385070896
>>385070905
Thanks.

I was currently in Kraid's Lair but it looks like I'll have to backtrack and farm at one of the pipes in Crateria.

Also, I don't have a flash cart and am running on a traditional NES through Framemeister, but I appreciate the suggestion!
>>
>>385070639
Draw a map, kill enemies for health and missles, find any patterns in the walls and floor that look weird and blow them up with your bombs, after you defeat Kraid and Ridley, reacquire the Ice Beam to use against the Metroids in Tourian.
>>
>>385071552
Yeah, drawing a map sounds like a good idea.

I'm sitting on 3 energy tanks and 25 missiles right now and so far have picked up morph ball, bombs and long beam.
>>
File: 1500329364821.jpg (208KB, 1300x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1500329364821.jpg
208KB, 1300x1300px
kill ridley first. Kraid hideout is hard as shit. Get varia then go for kraid.
>>
File: 1468103673994.gif (94KB, 514x510px) Image search: [Google]
1468103673994.gif
94KB, 514x510px
>An anon is playing Metroid NES blind & will draw a map.
Cherish your first run. You'll never get another.
>>
>>385071872
Good idea, now I gotta figure out how to find him.

Last I played Zero Mission, Norfair / Ridley's Lair was to the right of Kraid's Lair.

Guess I'll go looking around.

>>385072171
Yeah it's quite a blast going into this nearly blind, as it's been awhile since I beat Zero Mission and it was my first time clearing that game, so my memory of where everything is is pretty much like playing the game new.

Should be fun to adventure through this.
>>
>>385071872
For me when I play I like the challenge so I usually go after Kraid first since his lair is already next to Brinstar anyway.
>>
Eh, it's just old and clunky. I'm noy sure how you can play that mess and enjoy it. The AM2R guys should try a remake of that next, it would be cool to have them fix all the retarded shit Sakamoto put it.
>>
>>385073128
Thats good for a challenge, but for first time players I think it's a nice advice
>>
>>385073737
>wut iz zero mission lol
>>
>>385073737

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Af0No8xQV6M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqwSAn3_zD0

Zero mission too faggot
>>
Oh man, I'm happy for you! I did a NES Metroid blind run too a couple years back, Wii VC version plugged into an old CRT TV, it was the only Metroid I'd never played aside from Metroid II and I really enjoyed it.

Well, it wasn't 100% blind since I got stuck on some parts, but I was immersed in that 80s vibe, so I actually downloaded a pdf of the original Nintendo Power issue that came with a Metroid walkthrough and used that whenever I got stuck.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.