[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When will Smash for the Switch be announced? Will it be an updated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 5

File: 58bb738d822fb.jpg (112KB, 884x484px) Image search: [Google]
58bb738d822fb.jpg
112KB, 884x484px
When will Smash for the Switch be announced? Will it be an updated port or a sequel? What new characters could be added before reaching the bottom of the barrel?
>>
>>385070480
>What new characters could be added before reaching the bottom of the barrel?
Spring Man and Inkling
>>
Can't see Sakurai doing another game, so most likely a port is headed. No new characters, Smash Run is included.
>>
Fuck new characters, all I would want is Smash Run and some form of Adventure Mode. The offline modes in 3DS/WiiU suck dick when compared to Brawl or even Melee.
>>
I haven't played Smash since Brawl, and was contemplating getting a WiiU off Craigslist so I could play Smash.

To those who actually play Smash to do anything besides button mash, how does Smash 4 shape up? Are the mechanics any good? How about the roster? The only thing I've really heard about the roster is that there are WAY too many FE characters.
>>
I like Sm4sh's roaster for the most part but I don't see it getting a port. Expect a new game announced in a year or 2. As for what new characters to add? Inkling will be in for sure, probably an Arms character as well, what's more interesting is what 3rd party characters would get in but predicting those is harder to do.
>>
>>385070824
Sakurai is too anal about Smash to where he'll probably feel the need to train someone to take his place so I could see him supervising Smash 5 as his last one. 5 is a good number to leave on anyways and would mark 20 years of Smash if it releases 2019.
>>
>>385071248
It's way better than Brawl or Melee if you aren't autistic, especially since there were patches to rebalance broken shit (Like Yoshi's nerf that only fixed a number of animation/physics glitches).
There are people that complain about this or that character being broken, the usual suspects being Little Mac, Shiek, ZSS, and Rosalina, but all in all it's pretty well set up.

Sm4sh does have the hilarious flaw of making Final Destination: No Items more than a meme, however, so have people to play with if you don't want to play that.
As a result of the above, a few maps are overloaded with gimmickshit since nobody "serious" is ever playing on them.
The roster is fine, don't let memes get to you. Yes, there are a lot of FE characters, but there's plenty of other shit.
It's got a few hiccups, but I'd say it's the best Smash game out there if you don't have the autism.
>>
>>385071248
low-level comp player here. Mechanics are alright and there's a few decent little tricks like perfect pivots and B-reversal/Wavebouncing to learn. Balance is the best smash has ever been, roster has a good variety of characters that are legitimately viable for high-tier play. That doesn't actually say much though, especially compared to Melee Fox or Brawl MK. Bayo and Diddy are retarded but not wholly impossible to fight against and good fucking luck if you plan to use Jiggs for anything other than being a punching bag.

There are a lot of FE characters but there are plenty of other characters and none of the FEs are in the top 5 or maybe Marth or Corrin is like top 10 debatably? Rest of the roster is pretty good, most are pretty fun to play with and against.

I think the running number is roughly half the cast or 2/3rds the cast is viable to play at least somewhat in high-level play? That's not too bad.
>>
File: SSBWiiU_Character_Select.jpg (440KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
SSBWiiU_Character_Select.jpg
440KB, 1280x720px
>>385071248
its got a huge roster but if you want the best characters in the game you need p2w cloud/bayo
>>
>>385070480
The Smash 4 roster is basically perfect, a new game would just remove good characters for shit like Inkling
>>
>>385072971
RosaLuma, ZSS, Sheik, Fox, Diddy, and Mario are all top tier characters that are available right out of the box, this P2W meme needs to die.

Besides, Bayo is overrated and Cloud is known to be easily gimped.
>>
>>385073230

>Bayo overrated
>Just won EVO
>>
File: 1.16.png (62KB, 716x826px) Image search: [Google]
1.16.png
62KB, 716x826px
>>385073230
>bayo is overrated
she just won evo, had a dedicated patch, and brought shitters like captain zack to notable placements.
there's a difference between being good out of the box and paying 5.99 to be top 5 in your region
>>
>>385073598
>>385073661
>Bringing up the EVO win

ZeRo did something retarded and easily punished and lost the game for it. Shocker! Any character could have capitalized on that mistake, especially given where the platform was.

New characters and new playstyles will tend to propel shitters to higher rankings as they find characters they're actually decent with. Another surprise!

You've got me on the patch though. Yeah, she was a lot more broken before than she is now. Could she use another nerf? Yeah. But she's not an invincible opponent.

Bayo has a shitty approach game and relies heavily on punishing mistakes. It's something she's very good at, mind you, but if she's forced to act first, she's gonna get bodied.

Also, baiting out Witch Times in the air/waiting for the Witch Time as they land to try and cancel their landing lag cripples the effectiveness of WT as well as opens them to all kinds of shit and shuts down WT as an effective option throughout that whole stock.

Is bayo good? Yes. Is she invincible and there's no hope to beat her? no. Therefore, overrated. stop whining.
>>
File: Hugh knows.png (616KB, 1018x960px) Image search: [Google]
Hugh knows.png
616KB, 1018x960px
>>385073661
Jimbo
>>
It'll release next year. Port of Smash 4 Wii U, but with some levels brought over from 3DS and a few obvious new characters like Inkling. Plus without having to worry about the 3DS version they can add Ice Climbers back in.
>>
>Super Smash Bros. DX
>For Switch and New 3DS
>Because it's still on the 3DS Ice climbers don't come back
>the only new character is Wolf
>Otherwise it's literally a straight port of the original

Search your feelings, you know it to be true
>>
We'll get both. First, we'll get Smash Bros. for Switch, essentially an updated re-release that hits next year probably. It'll have everything from the 3DS version combined with all the DLC. We'll get 2-3 new/returning characters probably. Inkling, Ice Climbers, and Wolf.

Smash 5 proper won't hit until later in the Switch's lifetime, near the end or so, in a major shakeup of the usual Smash release formula. By then, Sakurai will probably do >>385071796 as well but it won't release in 2019. More like 2021 or something. He'll work on another project between the two.
>>
is fox top tier now? stopped playing a while ago when he was mid and beginning to rise. Nobody played him and it was fun rekkin kids.
>>
>>385075018
I honestly wouldn't be surprised. It would be a Sakurai thing to do.
>>
Man, If i were nintendo I would hold onto Sma5h for a while, you know, the ace under your sleeve, and when sales start rattling(not by scarcity), you just make a Nintendo Direct about shovelware or indies and end it with a

>*SHING*
>*flames blazing make the smash cross over a circle*
>"for nintendo Switch, 21XX"

Boom. Even I buy a switch
>>
File: 1465021168914.jpg (42KB, 236x354px) Image search: [Google]
1465021168914.jpg
42KB, 236x354px
>trying to predict sakurai

FOOLS, ALL OF YOU
>>
>>385077846
I feel like they are waiting until 2018 or 2019 to reveal Smash 5 and not do a port so the zelda and mario hype can die down.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.