[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am angry. Angry about MMOs. Let's face it, they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 233313fc41ee3a63e.gif (2MB, 350x263px) Image search: [Google]
233313fc41ee3a63e.gif
2MB, 350x263px
I am angry. Angry about MMOs. Let's face it, they're garbage right now, and the upcoming ones are completely fucked out of the gate.
>Ashes of Creation
It's a fucking scam. The juice man and their ponzi scheme referral system is suspicious enough to warrant some skepticism, but recent events put it beyond any doubt, they're fishing for donorbucks. As soon as possible they went for the Kickstarter money but got blocked because their ponzi scheme violates their terms of service. Then, out of nowhere, Kickstarter decides to just let them have it. Seems legit. Then they immediately "extend the Kickstarter" on their own site with a private payment system. Every major gameplay and graphic asset they've revealed thus far has been purchased on the UE4 marketplace, they've made jack fucking shit. It's really a shame because the "sandbox" on rails has major potential.
>Chronicles of Elyria
Your character ages and dies? Not enough people want that to run an MMO, especially a player driven MMO. But this isn't just a normal sandbox, this is ADVANCED SANDBOX. They've got this huge map with less shit per cubic mile than Fallout 3, and seriously expect their tiny playerbase to fill it up. Got a problem with the lack of content? Fuck you, go make your own. Of course the main draw of the game will be for crafters and shit... who will have nobody to make shit for because everyone who wants to just play a fucking game will play something else. What's worse is they're going to be super spread out because the idiots have included a bonus for being the best X in your village/town/city/county/country/continent so there's minimal player interaction. BUT WAIT, BILLY MAYS HERE, THERE'S MORE. The giant fucking map means huge travel times AND there's a goddamn language barrier. WHAT? You heard right, like the Alliance Horde language barrier of WoW, but between different, noncombatant regions. Way to discourage interaction in an MMO, 10/10.
How the FUCK do we save this genre?
>>
The MMORPG genre is beyond saving. Too much work for too little reward. The main reason people played MMORPGS before was the feeling of progression and social interaction and those can be found in abundance in other games with less time investment. MMOs may not be dead yet, but their golden days are behind them.
>>
>>385069063
> MMO

This shit genre is dead. Grow up. Deal with it.
>>
>>385069063
>asses of creation

the devs said they don't need the money and have 30+mil funding for the base game
>>
>>385069063
>they're garbage right now
>Right now
>>
File: 1481141929702.jpg (128KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1481141929702.jpg
128KB, 900x1200px
They're pretty much dead to me. Atleast mobage grind is fun and more fulfulling than most mmorpgs out there with shitty rng progression.
>>
>>385069270
Well what kind of games am I supposed to play then?

>>385069292
>>385069518
Get out of my house this instant.

>>385069924
>mobage
How can you enjoy such pure cancer?
Loot RNG progression definitely needs to fuck off though.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.