[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Arthas right in Culling Stratholme? Wouldn't having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

Was Arthas right in Culling Stratholme? Wouldn't having the already afflicted die gently and quickly to the blade rather horribly, slowly and painfully to disease only to rise again as a mindless monster?
>>
Yes and no, I'm sure there was an obligation as a holy paladin of the light to defend the inhabitants of Strathholme. But killing them would have indeed been a mercy. It's why Uther gets so upset. Arthas was essentially ignoring one of the main tenants of the paladins.
>>
killing them was the easy way out, could have easily just put the city on lockdown and killed people as they turn

would be different if they were actually like zombies that could infect other people by just wounding them or something
>>
>Didn't explain the situation to Uther
>Didn't attempt to even work together with him, just told him and all his Paladins to fuck off

No. Warcraft 3 writing was godawful.
>Thrall meets a Troll he's never met before
>"You can't die! You have to come with me!"
>"Take muh people strange Orc I've never seen before!"

And the tide witch character was never referred to again, the end.
>>
>>385070273
I'd also add that from a non moral standpoint it was probably one of the best preventive measures taken. If Strat had been taken over by the undead legion it would have provided a massive foothold for them. Hell most of the Eastern Kingdoms would have fallen if not for Arthas' sacrifice. In the end he was a man who put his kingdom before his pride. He would have died to protect them. Frostmourne is what killed him.
>>
>>>/vg/
>>
>>385070515
Letting them turn would have been a horrendously bad idea for the city could have been overrun very fast from all the undead in the largest human city in the Eastern Kingdoms, not only that but it would have given the Scourge a strong foothold near Lordaeron.
>>385070273
It's Uther and any Paladin's moral obligation to protect the people while also having them suffer not. Complete selfishness in not doing what needed to be done and constantly in a fools mindset with "there's got to be another way".
>>
>>385071098
Does video game discussion really bother the nu-anons?
>>
>>385071126
Yeah, Uther was too pious. I felt like he knew Arthas had a point, but his commitment to the silver hand was more important. Jaina could have stopped Arthas with ease, but deep down I think everyone knew what had to be done.
>>
>>385071210
Recurring threads about one game are against the rules, they are perfectly fine in /vg/
The rules are clear on this
>>
File: IMG_1096.jpg (25KB, 210x222px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1096.jpg
25KB, 210x222px
>>385071520
So go complain about the half a dozen BotW threads.

>>385068832
Glad you could bake it, Uther.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.