[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just started playing Peacewalker and I'm loving it (aside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: Big Boss.jpg (14KB, 300x282px) Image search: [Google]
Big Boss.jpg
14KB, 300x282px
Just started playing Peacewalker and I'm loving it (aside from the janky controls of the PSP). My only question is why the fuck are Snake and Kaz so obsessed with Che Guevara? Listening to the tapes about him they sound like they furiously jack off to pictures of him every night.
>>
>>385064831
Because Kojima was.
>>
>>385064831
Because he's pretty much their idol. He represents a lot of what they're fighting for. Glad you're liking Peace Walker tho, I never understood the hate it got here. I thought it was fantastic. I did play on Xbox 360 FWIW, can't really imagine playing it on PSP would be as fun.
>>
>>385065317
It especially sucks because I use the tranquilizer pistol and head shots at anything other than close range are much harder than they should be, but handhelds are comfy so there's that. My biggest issues with it are the lack of actual cutscenes and the fact that it's not linear like the 3 before it but it pulls it off pretty well.
>>
>>385065808
Linear was a bad term for it, I meant it's more episodic by virtue of having missions instead of connected.
>>
>>385065317
I understand the hate but I love it nevertheless. If the AI were a little bit more interesting it would be 10/10 for me. Honestly the reason TPP was terrible wasn't because it took from PW but because it didn't borrow enough from it.

>>385064831
Because Guevara represented a kind of man that moved mountains (a one man revolution) much like Kojima wanted Big Boss to be. It's pretty obvious Kojima drew a ton inspiration from him when designing PW's Big Boss and its setting (jungles, guerilla, etc). So he probably took a like of him and decided to portray him in his game.

>>385065808
I'll never understand this meme. PO's and PW's comic cutscenes are fucking great and fit the bite size style of the game like a glove.
>>
>>385066391
I won't say they're poorly done I just think it takes you out of it to constantly switch styles, as well done as they were. Maybe it's just personal preference but the in-graphics cutscenes of MGS were always enjoyable, maybe barring a few in 4.
>>
>>385065808
I get where you're coming from with the mission length, but I think it worked out well honestly. It's a pretty different game from MGS3, but it works in it's own way. Also, the comic cutscenes are fucking awesome
>>
File: vKD6N3l.jpg (110KB, 882x1024px) Image search: [Google]
vKD6N3l.jpg
110KB, 882x1024px
Because Che was a cool ass dude
>>
>>385065117
FPBP the rest of this thread is autistic.
>>
>>385068592
>actually discussing games on /v/
>autistic

I'm really not sure if I can argue with this.
>>
>>385064831
Because they are on the right side of history, anon.
:)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.