[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

"Charge in, guns blazing!" "Heroes don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 3

"Charge in, guns blazing!"

"Heroes don't need plans."
>>
>>385059707
Snow is better in LR.
>>
I would have liked to see a LightxSnow thing develop. I swear they probably thought of it at some point and her heart to heart from behind with Snow was actually her also trying to accept letting go of feeling things for Snow and accept that Snow is meant for her sister, and that she was feeling guilty about those unearthed feelings.
>>
>>385061857
Hell no. LR was a mistake.
>>
>>385059707
Brutally honest I enjoyed Snow as a character.
He's not exactly deep or complex, but he's entertaining and is trying to do what he believes to be right, even if he's fuck awful at it.
>>
>>385063840
He's like the dumb jock back in high school. Not someone I'd personally befriend, but funny enough to keep the classroom amused.
>>
>>385063840
>trying to do
Trying to do anything at all puts him at many levels above fucking whiny ass Hope who was willing to die but as long as it was on his own terms. Fucking selfish brat. I never hated a FF character as much as I hated him. I don't even find him cute enough for /ss/, not that Light has enough meat on her body to be good /ss/ to begin with.
>>
>>385063067
LR was the best of the trio my man.
>>
>>385059707
>>385063840
every character XIII is a dumb caricature with nothing else to their personality except their one character trait
>>
>>385059707
I genuinely enjoy Snow as a character.
>>
>>385064450
yeah man, i love doing fetch quests then sleeping in an inn for 6 days in a row
>>
>>385064565
Sazh was actual human being compared to the rest of the cast, and he was fucking black. Lightning might as well have been a very capable mute, Snow was an (well meaning) idiot, Hope needs to learn how to tie a fucking noose for everyone's benefit, and Vanille was cancer from the moment she opened her mouth.

Fang landed squarely on my top five waifu list within a couple hours, so my judgement on her has dick bias.
>>
>>385064996
Fang was fine. It's rare to see a character in a final fantasy that has a realistic motivation like "I only care about my waifu". Normally they're ready to drop everything and save the world at the drop of a hat.
>>
>>385063067
>>385064450
13-2 is the best

also best song in lr https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJhVLvQTfq0
>>
>>385066430
I really enjoyed XIII-2, too, despite how disjointed the story was.
Personally, I'm more partial to the Ark's theme: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQxmxJkEkXY
>>
Snow had a hard life
>>
>>385066552
The songs were great all XIII games
>>
>>385064996
>>385065096
this is what I expected, the only people who like XIII can't get a GF
>>
>>385059707
His entire character arc is knowing he fucked up and trying to cover for it. That's actually most of the characters, actually. It seems the main theme in 13 is massive regret.
>>
>>385066829
I honestly put 13 (and its whole trio) as one of the least fun FInal Fantasies to ever play.

Then again, I'm also a weirdo who enjoys FF 2 so I'm aware my tastes are odd.
>>
>>385066829
13 is the most complex game in the series in in every single aspect. That's probably why the reception is so mixed. A lot of people aren't smart enough to comprehend its brilliance.
>>
Well he's right, you don't need a plan when you're a jrpg protagonist. Winging it will let you get by.
>>
>>385067139
Any time I try to play FF2 all I can think is that I'd rather be playing a SaGa game. They're just better versions of the same idea.
>>
>>385067227
Or dumb enough to enjoy it.
>>
>>385067626
That's the beauty. The devs made sure to make it idiot proof so even dumbasses like you can beat it.
>>
>>385067758
What's so brilliant about XIII? I understood the entirety of the game, yet I still think it's a mediocre game.
>>
I loved 13-2 and enjoyed LR too but 13 fucking sucked.
>>
>>385067856
See I don't think you did.
>>
>>385059707
it is impressive how FFXIII manages to have an entire party of obnoxious and unlikable characters
we have
>the complete bitch who acts like a rash idiot even when she "changes"
>the obnoxious child with a puncheable face "MUH NORA" for half the game
>the idiot ditz who is apparently "charming", her english voice actress is an absolute milf though
>depressed blackman
>an annoying lesbian
>the "hero" who actually acts like a terrorist, but that really sums up the whole party; the scene where they enter the final area is the most hilarious shit because of this mentality
all the characters are fucking bad in the entirety of the XIII games.
>in b4
>b-b-but my Hope gets better!
he changes from an obnoxious child to a fucking gary stu
>>
>>385067974

Disagree. The games combat is very in depth but it only really gets somewhat difficult way too late so it feels like the game is on auto-pilot.
>>
>>385068525
Noeru kun?
>>
>>385068269
I'm asking why YOU found the game brilliant, not me. Stop avoiding the question.
>>
>>385068796
I just answered. Because it's the most complex game in the series.
>>
>>385064729
This, the whole buildup to and after the events that took place in Palumpolum was fantastic. People can say what they want but I genuinely enjoyed ffxiii.
>>
>>385065096
>being a selfish asshole makes you "realistic"
I wish modern media wasn't so plagued by this
>>
>>385069280
It's not very believable for a character to immediately drop everything in their life for someone they met 30 seconds ago. I'm not a full on realism guy and sometimes idealistic fantasy games are fun. But the opposite is also true, games that more accurately reflect human nature are fun too.
>>
>>385068525
Each of the characters are different responses to tragedy
>Hope blames another
>Lightning distances herself
>Snow blindly carries on
>Vanille fakes that everything's okay
>Sazh is depressed
>Fang tries to protect the person closest to her
>>
File: lolishrug.png (99KB, 234x231px) Image search: [Google]
lolishrug.png
99KB, 234x231px
>mfw unironically consider XIII my favorite alongside V

The music, the visual design, the combat system, it all just clicked for me
>>
>>385059707
13 was a mistake. I don't think it had a single good character.
>>
>>385071996
The music is one of my favorite OST's ever
>>
>>385059707
I found Snow to be annoying at first but he became endearing over time. The one XIII character I really didn't like was Vanille. Her design, her weapon, her English dub, her characterization, everything about her is terrible. Fang could do better desu.
>>
>>385072905
Her characterization was pretty okay desu, lesbo playing dumb about being the world-ending monster. And she had the best weapon and best eidolon.
>>
>>385069404
>humans are shitty by nature
It's one thing if you're not trying to save all the starving orphans in the world or whatever, it's another thing if the LITERAL ENTIRE WORLD WILL BE DESTROYED and you're actively working to destroy it just to save one person who doesn't even want to be saved.
>>
>>385074682
Not the entire world, a floating continent that you spent your entire life at war with. I think a lot of people during WW2 or whatever would have sacrificed an enemy country to safe a lover or friend. It's easy to dehumanize them.
>>
>bridge collapses killing hundreds
>They just start laughing

And that's when I quit
>>
>>385071336

Stop reading so deep into it you faggot
>>
>>385074858
Man, ff13 world is awesome, at least in the first game where everything fits
>>
>>385074858
Pulse is dead, m8. Cocoon might as well be the entire world at that point. Besides, Fang seems to have no problem recognizing that fal'Cie propaganda is just bullshit.
>>
>>385076598
They don't know that when they first wake up. They're just as surprised pulse is fucked as anyone else.
>>
I never minded Snow.

I like the archetype of a character who constantly sings his own praises, not because he actually believes it, but because he's in a position over his head and so insecure about it that he has to constantly tell himself that he's a hero over and over again in order to keep himself from bitching out.

Underrated character.
>>
>>385076798
I think he's mostly hated by people who either totally misunderstand his character or are just triggered by him being a charismatic fit jock type.
>>
>>385066619
>500 years later he still hasn't gotten over a girl he was engaged to for a few days
>>
>>385076763
By the events of the game proper, she had to have at least suspected. Propaganda is one thing but even the Cocoon fal'Cie with all their technology couldn't just "fake" that the war with Pulse was over.
>>
>>385077382
A war being over and humanity being extinct on a place as big as pulse are two very different things.
>>
>>385075094
That moment haunts Snow for most of the game. Even after Hope forgives him he continues beating himself up over it.

At the moment he's trying to put on a brave face for his group which is why he's laughing, but as the game goes on it becomes clear that he's merely acting the part of a leader, rather than actually being one.
>>
>>385077062
It's tru wuv, anon.
>>
>>385076798
>>385076921
My problem with Snow is that he DOESN'T come off as the "charismatic fit jock type," he comes off as that lame wannabe poser who pretends to be that guy but isn't actually fit or charismatic. Also, one crucial factor that distinguishes the "guns blazing" type character is some level of irony and/or self-awareness. Snow came off as a guy who actually believed the shit he was selling, whole cloth. I think if anything it was a cultural misunderstanding on SQUARE's part. They were clearly trying to emulate a western character archetype and failed spectacularly.
>>
>>385077821
You don't think snow is fit? The dude is jacked man. As for charisma, it's fine if you don't buy into it, but charisma is pretty much defined by people buying your bullshit and for the most part the party does. There's not a huge difference between fake confidence and genuine confidence from the outside.
>>
>>385064996
>Sazh was actual human being compared to the rest of the cast
yeah as opposed to being a caricature he had no personality whatsoever other than muh kid
>>
>>385077821
>but isn't actually fit
The dude is a Titan of a man.
>>
WHAT'S OUR MOTTO
>>
>>385059707

Such a stupid character.

Spoony was right.
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.