[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the worst AAA game you've ever played? I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

File: Assassin's_Creed_III_Game_Cover.jpg (48KB, 256x327px) Image search: [Google]
Assassin's_Creed_III_Game_Cover.jpg
48KB, 256x327px
What is the worst AAA game you've ever played? I don't mean "worst" as in "all AAA games are generic garbage", either. I mean what is a big budget game you've played that was irredeemably terrible in every facet
>>
>>385058542
Andromeda. Glad it was a friends copy.
>>
>>385058542
Assassin's Creed 3
>>
>>385058542
South Park on the Nintendo 64.
>>
>>385058542
Does Sonic 06 count?
>>
>>385059046
the multiplayer was fun
>>
>>385058542
Skyrim. Nothing but fetch quests and autistic inventory management.
>>
>>385058916
Agreed.
>>385058760
Also agreed but thats too easy of an answer
>>
>>385058542
AC 3 was good tho.

With that said, the entire Mass Effect series was terrible.
>>
>>385058542
Assassin's Creed was actually kinda decent before 3, even if the yearly releases after 2 were starting to get stale. Then for some reason they decided to release this complete irredeemable garbage and the series still hasn't been able to recover from it. What were they thinking?
>>
>>385060217
>AC3 was good tho
Reminder that these are the kind of """""""""""""people"""""""""""""" who inhabit this board. Watching pain dry is actually a more fulfilling experience than playing assassin's creed 3.
>>
>>385060484
I'll do you one better, I'm a Connor apologist.
>>
>>385058542
Black Flag for me funnily enough
>>
>>385060329
They had hope with Black Flag but just because they re-used the only good part of 3 and made it the entire gimmick
>>
File: desmond.png (3MB, 1270x3470px) Image search: [Google]
desmond.png
3MB, 1270x3470px
>build a character up throughout multiple games and have him learn new abilities throughout the games
>Kill him off randomly without using any of it
What did ubisoft mean by this?
>>
>>385061535
That they were in a hurry to have the game out for the deadline and did not know what to do with him after that. Especially since the third game deals with the overall threat.

So they killed him off and used him as a template to allow anyone to experience his genetic memories in metaplot blending the game and the real world.
>>
>>385061825
I always thought they were building him up and having him learn assassin abilities because he was going to be the main character in a modern day AC game. I didn't like the idea before, but after seeing the route the series took instead, I think I would have preferred that. Should have known such a thing was too creative and risky for ubishit
>>
Dragon Age 2.
Crap combat, insulting reuse of areas, horrible characters, shallow RPG-elements, boring story...
>>
>>385062248
I actually hated Inquisition even more than dragon age 2. The "hold down r2" combat system is literally the worst I've ever played in any game.
>>
File: 1496673987101.jpg (62KB, 250x310px) Image search: [Google]
1496673987101.jpg
62KB, 250x310px
>>385058542
Me lose hope on the jrpg genre, i couldn't fucking believe i played a Final Fantasy game at the end of it
>>
>>385062048
Problem being that AC3 shows precisely they could not find a way to integrate that in an interesting game. Once you get the gun, everything becomes even easier than ever.

So they built the Connor part around how letting mankind act by itself and only preventing the cataclysm is better than taking active action - see the way nothing Connor does is of any use but rather leads to more pain. In the same way that Desmond lets things run their course because its better than to have society become even worse. Effectively saying the Templars have it right.
And then they used the metaplot of the game integrating with real life they had set up in AC1 - the manual is pretty much that - to allow for more historical tourism. Which is Templar controlled, but allows for Assassin interference to show the truth, much the same way they were under Altair.
>>
>>385062358
Well, that was also a bad one.
I think I hated DA2 more since it followed DA:O. Once it was released I completely lost all hope for the series, so DA:I didn't disappoint in any way.
And say what you will, at least the story was more interesting, you got to build up a fort, and they didn't reuse areas in the same way. It wasn't good, but DA2 was insultingly bad.
>>
File: FINAL-FANTASY-XV_20161127125208.jpg (266KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
FINAL-FANTASY-XV_20161127125208.jpg
266KB, 1920x1080px
>>385058542
>I mean what is a big budget game you've played that was irredeemably terrible in every facet
>>
>>385064321
>>385062425
The worst part is, XVI could be an even bigger downgrade and it would still sell millions and make a bank.
People never learn.
>>
B R I N K
R
I
N
K
>>
I've never really played a game that I thought was straight up terrible but AC Syndicate was the worst
>>
>>385058542
Watch Dogs
>>
halo 4
ac3
ff15
evolve
watch dogs apart from minority hunting
>>
What ever game was that popularly hated on
>>
Sonic 06 is probably the most broken AAA game ive ever played
>>
>>385058542

"irrdeemably terrible" makes me not be able to actually pick anything. sure AC III and Halo 4 had major flaws but they had SOME good things too. Halo 4 had great graphics and the campaign was decent. AC III had the wilderness and hunting that was fun and I enjoyed collecting all the featers
>>
>>385060217

Isn't AC3 universally agreed to be the worst of the AC series?
>>
>>385064321

>hear FFXV is pretty good
>buy it
>it's basically Kingdoms of Amalur

C-cool.
>>
>>385065326
Maybe by people who only played Black Flag
>>
>>385065326

that's revelation. at least AC III had it's own unique things going and wasn't just Brotherhood 2.0, armhook edition
>>
>>385065414

Never played blackflag, but AC1-AC:Relevations are all pretty solid.
>>
>>385065504
Brotherhood 2.0 is still a better game than the absolute joke of a game that is AC3. The unique things they added to the game were terrible, and AC3 is a big part of why the series is on the brink of death today.
>>
>>385065326
Pretty much. Most people hate it, but it also has its fair share of apologists - just like every other awful game in well known series.
>>
>>385058542
Since you already mentioned Asscreed 3, Dragon Age Inquisition was pretty bad
>>
ACIII is the Dark Souls II of the AC franchise. Worst in franchise but still enjoyable.
>>
dragon age 2
overwatch
farcry primal
>>
>>385065326
Its a matter of overhype and an unfinished game.
It has sizeable sales and you will see plenty of people saying they refuse to preorder a game after the fiasco that was AC3, showing just how hyped they were.
Its made worse by the fact the writing has some problems, the new mechanics are added in sequence 5, Connor being a character with genuine issues making him an asshole and the pisspoor ending of the modern world plot. And the new engine makes it even worse since it caused problems. Not on the level of Unity, but pretty bad.
Mechanically, there are good things and the MC being riddled with actual problems that he does not magically gets over makes him in some ways more interesting.

So a the end of the day, I'll say its agreed to be bad because it has serious flaws that poisoned the well.
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.