[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm up to chapter 2 of pic related and am bored out of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: header.jpg (45KB, 460x215px) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg
45KB, 460x215px
So I'm up to chapter 2 of pic related and am bored out of my skull. Does it get better or am I better off dropping now?
>>
>>385055506
Who are you playing as? Almost all the characters play so differently that I can't imagine anyone could enjoy all of them, there are characters designed for just about any playstyle, you should find the 3-4 you enjoy and stick to them, then experiment a little with the others once you reach a point where you can easily level them up for their new skills to play around with. Or it could be that you just don't like the game, which while I disagree and think it is one of the best FF games, you are entitled to your opinion.
>>
>>385055859
It's not the gameplay that has me bored, I just find the story (so far) uninteresting.
>>
>>385055506
I personally played Type 0 HD for the very first time earlier this year, and it quickly skyrocketed to be not only one of my favorite games of the year, but also one of my all time favorite FF games of all time. And I have quite literally played them all.

Yeah, the start was a bit... odd, should I say, but after "getting hang of" the gameplay and finding my own preferred character to "main" as (as in: always having him as the leader + cycling around the other two party members), the experience got a LOT better.

The world and story are fascinating as fuck, and the game can be goddamn grim at times. Also one of the rare occasions where a politics did not bore me to death. It's also one of the most replayable JRPGs I know, with both gameplay AND story reasons to play the game through multiple times in a row. I've already done 3 playthroughs with 300 hours clocked on to the game at this point.

Type0 also has tons of fan-service material for the old fans, again a small positive bonus.

>>385056362
The story evolves and grows as you play forward. It's been a few months now, but wasn't chapter 2 immidiately after the intro stage? That's practically nothing, the game's still rolling on the training wheels at that point.

So yeah, don't give up yet!
Spend some time in the Academy, listening to random NPCs, focusing on your Class Zero's guys and gals when it comes to time-consuming dialogs, and try to tackle as many Expert Trials as you dare. I'd say a level-gap of around 10 levels is still doable with good enough gear and tactics.

tl;dr: The game's great, I fucking love it, and I don't get why it's so underrated. This is the "real" FF15 for me.
>>
Rem dies.
>>
File: screenshot.png (2MB, 1304x744px) Image search: [Google]
screenshot.png
2MB, 1304x744px
>>385056682
I thought playing multiple times through basically just gets you the good "what if" ending. And I thought the ending where everyone dies crying in the classroom, then fuccboi and his girl show up to cry as well was the true ending?
>>
>>385057121
>I thought playing multiple times through basically just gets you the good "what if" ending
Nope. It actually starts addressing many unanswered questions and untackled story details of the first playthrough(s) later on, with brand new scenes, new missions and new choices becoming available.
The whole existence of the Nox-Suzaku you see in the very beginning for example isn't even brought up at all on the 1st playthrough, besides that one old hag in the control room repeating suspicions about it all the time.

The bonus ending is just that; a bonus.
You can piece quite a lot of details together with just one playthrough + going back to Crystarium to read your new encyclopedia additions, but you won't see and experience even half of it without multiple replays. The fact that you keep your gear and levels only makes things faster and easier on NG+.
>>
File: screen.png (1015KB, 916x521px) Image search: [Google]
screen.png
1015KB, 916x521px
>>385057858
Damn I guess I looked up the wrong info, never went back for NG+ since I thought it was mostly just for a different ending and some explanations here and there. In hindsight probably a really bad choice to lock the story behind a 2nd playthrough in a RPG. Now I don't have my savefile anyone since I played this RIGHT as the fan translation came out.

But the standard ending is the true ending, right?
>>
I'm on chapter 5. I can tell you from experience the game is mostly grinding.
>>
>>385058240
>But the standard ending is the true ending, right?
it is, BUT you don't get to see the FULL ending on first time either.

I'm actually quite glad that Square had balls to pull out this kind of stunt with the story and NG+/+. For us perfectionists, the numerous missions, dialogs and such that you simply cannot do and experience in whole during the first playthrough already justify replaying the game again. But when they start dropping brand new scenes and choices, making you wonder if you just missed all that cool stuff on your first run or if it's actually new material... that's when the game gets interesting.

And yes, there's some stuff that does warrant even 3rd playthrough.

>>385058962
>I can tell you from experience the game is mostly grinding.
I gotta disagree. I never felt like I really NEEDED to grind, but then again I did do quite a lot of side quests, WALKED everywhere + fought off everything I faced, and always tried to remember to drop my lowest ranked / most annoying to level up characters to the Offline Training when I quit playing.

Just a coupe chapters into the game, my King was already a goddamn death incarnate with his 50+ damage weapons and the pure joy of auto-dodge. And then I started unlocking "Inflict Death" weaponry... whooboy babe!
>>
>>385055506
No and the story is like XII where is mostly boring ass politics talk that will make you go to sleep.
Until Drakengard happens in the last chapter
>>
>>385059527
FF12 actually did put me to sleep and I just dropped it completely around 20 hours into it, so believe me when I say that your statement is just full of shit, and T-0 beats the fuck out of almost all FF-games released in the past 10 years.
It's been a while since this series has dared to go this all-out with a new theme and style, and stick to its guns so well.
>>
>>385060445
no wait, scrap that.
T-0 is at least one of the best FF games to be released in the past 15 years.

>tfw you realize that "10 years ago" now refers to 2007, not late-90s to early 00s.
>>
>>385058962
This is probably the least grindy entry actually, you pretty much just pick your 4 favs and railroad the entire main quest in under 20 hours.
>>
File: 134720994916.png (125KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
134720994916.png
125KB, 500x500px
>>385059214
Well that sucks. Wish I had waited for the real release and maybe had some of that stuff explained. Now not sure I even have the time to replay through this game three fucking times.

It's interesting yes but would anything have been lost if it was just in the first playthrough? Why do I need to play a what 30ish hour rpg three times just to understand the story fully? My biggest complaint with the game was how shitty everything was explained and now it's like I didn't even experience any of the story.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.