[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's /v/'s opinion on Daggerfall? I know /vr/ mostly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: daggerfall.gif (46KB, 288x363px) Image search: [Google]
daggerfall.gif
46KB, 288x363px
What's /v/'s opinion on Daggerfall? I know /vr/ mostly likes it, but I'm wondering what /v/ thinks about it.
>>
>>385052984
I haven't played Daggerfall.

Should I?
>>
Every game released pre 2004 is unplayable by todays standards. Fight me nerds.
>>
>>385053671

it's pretty good but not in the same way morrowind is.

if you're the kind of player who likes to use his imagination and roleplay, you'll like Daggerfall because it has a lot of mechanics the newer ES games do not have like banking systems, seasons, holidays, the ability to own property, climbing and so on and so forth. The dungeons in Daggerfall are huge so if you like navigating Doom/Turok style corridor levels, that's another aspect you'll like of it.

If you like Elder Scrolls for weird stuff then you won't find much of it because Daggerfall is pretty Tolkien apart from the stuff with Daedric Princes and stuff in the main quest.

I would give it a go as its freeware and I don't know what you could lose possible, the UESP version of it is the best imo
>>
File: 1499533212723.jpg (44KB, 444x640px) Image search: [Google]
1499533212723.jpg
44KB, 444x640px
>>385054026

This guy is /v/.

Can we talk about japanese wank games or console games instead pls.

Also my new fidget spinner is dank senpai
>>
>>385054163
Thanks Anon, I will look into it when I have the time
>>
>>385052984
Probably the best elders scrolls if the conversation system wasn´t shit and steal in shops wasnt almost impossible.

Still the second best, quite big and with nice dungeons.
>>
>>385052984
Char creation is basically a cheat mode.
Daedric shrines only work on certain days with the correct offering.Nothing in game tells you either.
You NEED passwall so whatever build you go with include this.

It is currently free right now and not worth the price.
If you did not play it on release don't bother.
>>
>>385054915

I have a question, is the conversation system ever used at all in the main quest like in Morrowind where some NPC's like Dagoth Ur have their own special topics for themselves or no?
>>
It's really good in some ways, but it's really hard to get into because it's just so damn primitive. I feel like the heavy use of procedural generation that people complain about in Daggerfall could actually be a good way to fill out a game now that we have the tech to do it better.
>>
VENGEANCE

Never put too much time into it and jumped straight into dungeons, was severely disappointed as the vast majority of them were huge clusterfucks or one small corridor with a room at the end. A shame since I actually like the style of the game.
>>
>>385056396
No, if an NPC is directly involved with the quest then a special dialogue box will appear when you first talk to then, afterwards it goes back to the default convo system.
>>
File: RUAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHH.jpg (52KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
RUAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRGHHHHHHH.jpg
52KB, 1024x768px
>>385052984
Daggerfall is really awesome and really terrible at the same time, and I love it.
>>
>>385052984
Morrowind is better imo but Daggerfall is a classic that you must play at least once if you like wrpgs
>>
I honestly tried to play it but the controls are pretty fucking wonky, and usually that doesn't bother me much.
>>
>>385052984
It suffered from it's massive size, Size that meant every city was annoying to navigate, size that meant every non-story dungeon was dull and unimaginative, size that made the game one of the most broken ever released. I enjoyed playing it from time to time, but quickly get burned out from all these problems.

Also coins weigh you down what the fuck
>>
>>385061230
that's why you bring your coins to the bank goy
>>
>>385052984
Can't fucking wait for Daggerfall Unity.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xb5Ew2oZxB0
>>
bumpo
>>
The best Elder Scrolls game by far.
>>
>>385052984
is that the official boxart? looks pretty good
>>
It's fun to dick around in and rampage in cities as a wereboar but I can't stand the dungeons
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.