[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dresses like a red batman >Calls Batman "Old man,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

>Dresses like a red batman
>Calls Batman "Old man, Old timer" etc.
>SOMEHOW knows all of Batman's secrets
>DUDE WHO COULD HE POSSIBLY BE??????

Fuck rocksteady, they could have done something cool with him
>>
>>385051503
They even lied and said it wasn't Jason. Bad decisions all around.
>>
>>385052217
They probably said that to rev up the fan speculation so they could steal any better ideas if they popped up.
>>
>>385051503
When are we gonna go beyond
>>
>>385051503
I honestly had no idea who the guy was

Mostly because I know jack about the DC universe.
>>
I want a Thomas Wayne Batman where I can gun down faggots
>>
>>385052403
Probably. Plus, I doubt they were just gonna admit to it being Jason become some people on Twitter guessed correctly. Should've been a "whole new character" like they said he was.
>>
Isn't he called some stupid shit like "nightedge" or something
>>
>>385053005
You can basically do that with the batmobile's minigun
>>
Why the hell did he shoot batman right in the stomach and then just leave.

What the fuck was the point when all he said he wanted to do was kill him but when he literally had batman dead he was like ok bye and then five seconds later. WHAT HE ESCAPED I CANT BELIEVE IT. But the entire game is him telling his men batman can do anything and bla bla bla

What the fuck was the point of that scene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMKNa5jsoFA#t=41s
>>
>>385051503
>not making him and his army a hallucination from fear toxin by Scarecrow to throw off Batman into a wild goose chase
>not making him a cyborg created by some higher threat like Strange, Ghul, or Jeremiah Arkham
Fucking wasted opportunity if you ask me
>>
>>385051503
>can hear the Troy Baker in his voice
>even through the voice modifier on his helmet
>Batman has Jason flashback "for no reason"
>it's Troy Baker
I gave up on this game's plot right then and there
>>
>>385051503
I'm still mad the art style went from a mix of BTAS and realism to some wannabe Dark Knight shit.
>>
>>385054002
Even Damien would have been a better fit.
>>
>>385053967
He wanted him to suffer first. He thought that after shooting Batman, his thugs could defeat him and drag him to him.
>>
>>385055857
But hes fucking batman and he knows it
>>
>>385051503
Funny, I just kept telling myself:
>'nah, it can't be jason, too obvious'
>ptsd scenes with joker and todd as robin
>'well fuck this'
>>
File: it seems im dumb.png (118KB, 345x257px) Image search: [Google]
it seems im dumb.png
118KB, 345x257px
>>385052875
I don't know jack about the DC universe and it was immediately obvious after the Jason flashback.

Granted they had to throw that shit in for plebs like us.
>>
I thought it'd be cool if it was an android of sorts, it's a bit lacking in the writing department but it's a nice trope seeing as how he's supposed to be a legitimate threat to Batman.
>>
To be fair the mainstream audience (the primary public for this game) doesn't read comics therefore aren't familiarized with Jason.
>>
>>385058042

So, what's the point in making Jason the Arkham Knight then? I doubt the "mainstream" audience will care even after the limited cutscenes explaining the background of the character.

Rocksteady fucked up. They should have eliminated the mystery angle and should have just come straight with it.

But even that wouldn't have worked all that well. Jason Todd was never touched upon in the previous games, and shoehorning it in on the last game is just dumb.
>>
>>385058803
It's amazing to me how they so casually throw both the Killing Joke story and Death in the Family into Arkham Knight in a cutscene or two and just say "yeah that happened a while ago it really sucked for Batman".

I know that Barbara Gordon was already Oracle at the beginning of Asylum and I think they mention what happened to Jason in City, but it just felt so rushed. They should have just dedicated an hour of time at the beginning of the game to let you actually experience the events since they were so important.
>>
>>385058803
>what's the point in making Jason the Arkham Knight then? Jason Todd was never touched upon in the previous games, and shoehorning it in on the last game is just dumb.
I thought about it after sending my post, and you're absolutely right. What's the point? Where's the twist if it doesn't involve something familiar to the public?

I think it could be worked like this:
>Introduce the Arkham Knight
>Make Nightwing appear in the game
>Make people believe Nightwing is Dick Grayson
>The twist is, the Arkham Knight is Dick Grayson (a Robin everyone knows) and Arkham Knight's Nightwing is Tim Drake, who assumed the Nightwing mantle after Dick's disappearance
>>
>>385059259
>They should have just dedicated an hour of time at the beginning of the game to let you actually experience the events since they were so important

But that would have cut into your time spent fighting drone tanks over and over again :^)
>>
>>385054002
They did Strange and Ra's already, it would have been really lame to use them again.
>>
>>385051503
Looks like shit
>>
>>385059308
That would have fooled the audience, but it would never have worked on Batman. He thought Jason was dead, that's the only reason he never considered that he could be the Knight. If Dick had just up and disappeared one day and some time later a masked guy rolls into Gotham taunting Batman by telling him all this stuff he knows about him and showing off moves he obviously learned from him, Batman would immediately put it together.
>>
>>385059947
Then make everyone (Batman include) believe Dick is dead.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.