[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>literal game kino >Hollywood still fucks it up How would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

File: max_payne_ver3_xlg.jpg (190KB, 800x1186px) Image search: [Google]
max_payne_ver3_xlg.jpg
190KB, 800x1186px
>literal game kino
>Hollywood still fucks it up
How would you fix the Max Payne movie?
>>
by not making one. the max payne games were literally movies anyways
>>
>>385047247
>make it a Netflix series instead
>use the guy who did action for Daredevil
>cast Jon Hamm as Payne
>get Remedy involved

Movies are a thing of the past for anything that's not capeshit or Oscar bait, if you need to tell a story, you use TV.
>>
I don't understand how game movies can be so bad.
LITERALLY just copy as much as possible frame perfectly with how cutscenes play out in the game, and only take liberty with action scenes (where action gameplay would be).
>>
File: Shitman.webm (3MB, 500x270px) Image search: [Google]
Shitman.webm
3MB, 500x270px
>>385048312
Movie directors have a HUGE ego problem and will NEVER EVER admit somebody else had a better concept even if it is objectively superior in every way.
So they will do their own take on the material and fuck every single thing up because they "know better".
>>
>>385048760
>shaved, not bald as he should be
>doesn't act like a hitman, walks around with a gun in public and shoots his target in public
>uses a kid as bullet bait
what the actual fucking fuck
>>
>>385048926
>hey dude I'm a Hollywood director, s-shut up you don't know anything about Kino
>>
>>385048926
A fucking comedic short film on YouTube did Hitman better than either of those big screen releases, even if the last part devolved into a generic shootout.
>>
>>385047247

Get the guy who made John Wick to make it
>>
>>385048312
Because people who direct these kinds of movies usually aren't directors with vision who actually delve into the material, they are yes men who will do anything to get asses in seats. They tone it down for teenagers, shoot generic action because it's cheap, cast some recognizable face to get some randos who don't give a shit about vidya to see the movie, do one or two decent shots for the trailer, throw in a sexpot actress for a bit part, etc. To Hollywood, it's just another revenge flick with a recognizable name in certain circles.
>>
>>385048760
This made me unreasonably angry.
>>
>>385048760
That's not 47. That's a fucking terminator.
>>
>>385047247

The best videogame story is worse than the worst movie, though, so it was not surprising.
>>
>>385047247
>literal demons
Was anyone even consulted for this movie?
>>
>>385047247

Tbf it had one of the best trailers ever made.
>>
>>385050872
How do you make what 47 does 'dramatic'? I always thought any Hitman game should be shot closer to a horror movie or thriller. Not an action flick.
As for why Hollywood keeps shitting the bed with Vidya properties in general? Hollywood is very much a small town and the real power rests with a couple of dozen old rich guys. The attitude they have is still 'videogames are for kids' and isn't going to change anytime soon.
>>
>>385049134
Where I can find it?
>>
>>385051620
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgVHzNwthC0
>>
>>385047798
Tons of chapters of fill and plot lines that don't add shit to the show, that's your idea.
I don't know if MP could be a proper movie, but certainly it would be a shitty serie
>>
File: tommy.png (68KB, 204x201px) Image search: [Google]
tommy.png
68KB, 204x201px
>>385051408
They're honestly out of touch. Take a look at the box office this summer.
Nearly every movie has flopped (in the US anyway) because no one wants to see what they're putting out.
They would rather a generic sequel that gets horrible reviews make $10 million in profit than try an original idea.
They're greedy and just want to stick with what works.

If you haven't, you should read The Disaster Artist.
Tommy's story is best story of someone realizing how ass-backwards Hollywood is and deciding to risk everything to make his own movie.
>>
>>385052018
You do realize that some Netflix series are 8 episodes long?
If we never get another Payne game, I wouldn't be opposed to someone competent taking a stab at it via TV.
>>
>>385051753
for a comedic film, it was actually good
>>
>>385051408
>I always thought any Hitman game should be shot closer to a horror movie or thriller.

Yeah, it really fucks me off how people who direct videogame movies get the source material wrong. Not because they want to do their shitty bending fanfic of the existing canon, but they completely miss the fucking point of the original material and its themes.

You can tell the creator of the hitman movie was shit at the game if his interpretation of Agent 47 was that he was a merciless terminator character. The whole idea of him is that he's amazingly smart, skilled, talented, and adaptable to all sorts of situations with his wide skill set and analytical gifts.

The correct interpretation of 47 is him through a master player.
He's a guy who's a master of not just marksmanship, physical prowess, and being stone cold merciless but because he blends in to literally any situation, is impossible to detect, and deletes people with ease and makes everything look like an accident or unholy coincidence that makes the accomplices of the victim question their sanity, especially when he manages to dispose of them in slow painful ways, or make them completely vanish.

He's our protagonist but he's not necessarily a hero, he's fucking SPOOKY.
>>
>>385054340
I remember reading some anon's post, saying that the ideal Hitman movie wouldn't actually be about 47, it'd just be an unrelated narrative in which some of the characters happen to die in accidents. 47 never appears, but if you watch really closely, you'd maybe notice that some of the background extras appear to be played by the same actor...
>>
>>385054802

That'd be really cool, kinda like Predator in a way.
>>
File: 1408990217052.jpg (48KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1408990217052.jpg
48KB, 422x422px
>>385047247

>How would you fix the Max Payne movie?
By forgetting about it
FOGGETABOUTIT
>>
>>385055683
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=evIyklye-Jc
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.